Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Just started it (ya took me long enough for some reason ) and finished up to chap 12 i think thats the latest in mangareader.. its really intersting kind a like Liar game - the mind game stuffs with hefty prizes...
    ne way what is the frequency of scannalations ?
    One chapter per week which is usually released on saturday. (unless the scan teams are late.) You should read them on batoto (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...erything-r9263) because it's better to read them in one stripe (which is the original way of reading it since it's a manwha.)

The latest chapter (12) is out, i'm really interested to see where this is going. I do wonder if there's going to be a fight between Taebin and Byungchul. I'm also wondering what is needed to unlock those amazing powers like telekinesis etc..

The pace is a bit slow right now but i feel like it's necessary to set everything up.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know that you can read this webtoon at batoto. Now I realize that there is a fucking prolouge (Chapter 000) which I didn't read, because it was not uploaded at Mangapanda. Screw this and thank you Nast.J. Now I get what you meant with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Spoiler show
    Anyway, I read all the chapters again and decided to follow this webtoon to the end. What's interesting is that I don't have any favorite character yet. I hope this will change with the introduction of more dicers.

Do wee need to put spoiler tags, whenever we want to write about the most recent chapter? For those who didn't read till Chapter 12 and don't want to get spoiled, I would recommend you to stop reading this post from now on.

X and the prologue kid:
    I don't think they are the same person. X seems to be some kind of an asshole. I can't believe the prologue kid turned out like this. But why/how on earth did the prologue kid get so many dice in different sizes?

Similarities between the dicers?
    This is probably unimportant, but it catched my eye. We have officially four dicers. Those are the prologue kid, Taebin, Dongtae and Byungchul. The father of the prologue kid is an alcoholic asshole, the mother of Dongtae is an alcoholic and the father/mother of Byungchul is always at work and doesn't spent time with him. We have yet to see Taebin's parents, but it seems that all of them have some kind of a "problem" with their parent(s).

Suspicious Eunju:
    Did anyone realize that Eunju's bag has a square? Look here and here. No one else has a square on his bag, if I recall. Come on... there is something fishy about her. At least I hope so.

Chapter 12:
    Who is saying "you can't just raise your power that easily!" here? The kids? Seems like a warning/hint from the author.

I'm also very interested in how you can get those supernatural powers. I really like the fact that you can unlock them. It seems you can really gain godlike powers. I wonder how far one can get and if you can lose your powers. There has to be risks in some form.

Taebin vs. Byungchul? Is this a quest for Taebin? Will DICE get "darker" from now on? I wouldn't mind it. Actually, I really hope that this series becomes more serious with regard to violence and morals. It doesn't seem to be far-fetched, now that supernatural powers are introduced. We can all agree that you don't get those power with just complimenting some girls.

As a side note:
    We should record all of X' quests and Dongtae's decisions (such as giving a dice to Byungchul). At some point (after 20, 30, 50 Chapters) everyone should post which of the quests he would/wouldn't do and if he would make the same decisions like Dongtae. It would be real fun to see our true nature and how far we would go, lolz.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Up to chapter 25 and things are getting crazy. X seems like the personification of chaos, and the dice his means to unmake the world DBZ style.

At least The Gamer has quests for actual self improvement, making the levelling a less hax. X's quests seems more geared to random social mischief
    Last edited by world is wide; November 27, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest chapters are interesting. I wonder if the gold dice would make him an A rank holder?

Noblesse Forever!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

INCREDIBLY interesting set of chapters, I think he moved up the rank to the higher rankers. The girl would obviously think lowly of him ie think that he saved her not for his feelings but for the quest like the rest. Ne way eagerly waiting for upcoming chapters, the stuffs looks great

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The girl is annoying though. I hate characters like her...

Noblesse Forever!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    The girl is annoying though. I hate characters like her...
    well i dont like her much either nd she as a character is not the focus of the story though its rather her presence is important for the guy. It seems there is a bit back story to her given the scar prolly domestic abuse or sth will be interesting hopefully but now i am more interested in the hero

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i really like this manhwa
    would love for it to have more regular updates

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm new to this forum. As they say in Japanese, please take care of me.

DICE is one of my favourite East Asian comic series and I love talking about it. However, because in more popular forums like Batoto discussion tends to become quite acrimonious and I can get quite confrontational too, I've decided to choose Mangahelpers to engage in a more quiet, subdued exchange of ideas. I just cannot help writing about things I like, even if no one will read or comment. At least I can check back later on what I wrote and see how my thoughts on the matter evolved.

So, I'm going to write a long-ish text now, under spoiler tags, on my thoughts about the most recent chapters and where I think this series is going.

For starters: I have extremely positive views of Eunju, have written about them elsewhere, and am not going to change my mind about them unless the series begins to show her in a different light (or someone brings up a very cogent argument that makes me see her negatively - I know most of the common indictments of her and have rebuttals for them, but am not willing to discuss the matter much further), so if you don't like her, this text may not be of interest to you.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by kendama; March 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. As they say in Japanese, please take care of me.

DICE is one of my favourite East Asian comic series and I love talking about it. However, because in more popular forums like Batoto discussion tends to become quite acrimonious and I can get quite confrontational too, I've decided to choose Mangahelpers to engage in a more quiet, subdued exchange of ideas. I just cannot help writing about things I like, even if no one will read or comment. At least I can check back later on what I wrote and see how my thoughts on the matter evolved.

So, I'm going to write a long-ish text now, under spoiler tags, on my thoughts about the most recent chapters and where I think this series is going.

For starters: I have extremely positive views of Eunju, have written about them elsewhere, and am not going to change my mind about them unless the series begins to show her in a different light (or someone brings up a very cogent argument that makes me see her negatively - I know most of the common indictements of her and have rebuttals for them, but am not willing to discuss the matter much further), so if you don't like her, this text may not be of interest to you.

Spoiler show
    Dude are you English literature student? Ne way welcome aboard Dice discussing is slower than some other toons like TOG or Noblesse or at present Gamer.

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, shaheer, I'll be sure to drop by every now and then.

I promise I'm not going to write a wall of text whenever a new chapter is out, but the reason I love this series is that it is great food for thought. The plot is simple, the theme is ages-old, but the author is very good at developing the idea.

I read ToG and The Gamer. I have just a little interest in the former, and I really like the latter, but DICE is by far my favourite. I am very fond of stories that deal with moral dilemmas, and this one is a prime example. The main characters, Dongtae, Taebin, X and Eunju, are very well designed and fulfill their purposes wonderfully.

I don't know who is going to prevail in the end: X, Dongtae or Eunju. X is unlikely - amoral villains don't stand much chance these days. But right now the author can go either way regarding the other two: he may take an optimistic view of human nature and have Dongtae point the way towards a world of enhanced humans where X is no longer there to manipulate people; or he can choose a pessimistic (realistic?) resolution in which Dongtae is finally proven wrong and has to be rescued (figuratively) by Eunju. Because I think the Byungchul, Pandora and Long Day arcs point towards the latter, and I am particularly sceptical of Dongtae's plan, I stick with Eunju.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, shaheer, I'll be sure to drop by every now and then.

I promise I'm not going to write a wall of text whenever a new chapter is out, but the reason I love this series is that it is great food for thought. The plot is simple, the theme is ages-old, but the author is very good at developing the idea.

I read ToG and The Gamer. I have just a little interest in the former, and I really like the latter, but DICE is by far my favourite. I am very fond of stories that deal with moral dilemmas, and this one is a prime example. The main characters, Dongtae, Taebin, X and Eunju, are very well designed and fulfill their purposes wonderfully.

I don't know who is going to prevail in the end: X, Dongtae or Eunju. X is unlikely - amoral villains don't stand much chance these days. But right now the author can go either way regarding the other two: he may take an optimistic view of human nature and have Dongtae point the way towards a world of enhanced humans where X is no longer there to manipulate people; or he can choose a pessimistic (realistic?) resolution in which Dongtae is finally proven wrong and has to be rescued (figuratively) by Eunju. Because I think the Byungchul, Pandora and Long Day arcs point towards the latter, and I am particularly sceptical of Dongtae's plan, I stick with Eunju.
    I like the main chara but i dont share your appreciation for the girl though. Dont like the personality, I like the Dongtae and the other chara who is on the top tier of the Dicers. The plot is indeed unique in some sense and its a decent read.
    As for your post length dont worry you should speak your hearts out

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, what I like about Eunju is strictly her role as a plot device. I can understand if people think her "too perfect" to the point of being annoying: I guess the author wanted to make her a total and complete foil to X and thus she is a little unrealistic. The same accusation has been levelled against Beatrice in Dante's Divine Comedy, but just as here, she is essential for the plot and the protagonist's main motivation. So I guess characters like Eunju come from a long tradition, including Gretchen in Goethe's Faust.

What I can't stand is the opinion held at some quarters that she is a vain, superficial girl or worse, a hypocrite. However, I've wasted my fingerprints arguing the matter elsewhere, have given up and don't want to convince anyone. I've actually run away from another forum because the discussion around Eunju was getting vicious and the arguments, circular. So if I meet anyone who levels this kind of accusation against her again, I'll just ignore it and let everyone have their opinion.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, what I like about Eunju is strictly her role as a plot device. I can understand if people think her "too perfect" to the point of being annoying: I guess the author wanted to make her a total and complete foil to X and thus she is a little unrealistic. The same accusation has been levelled against Beatrice in Dante's Divine Comedy, but just as here, she is essential for the plot and the protagonist's main motivation. So I guess characters like Eunju come from a long tradition, including Gretchen in Goethe's Faust.

What I can't stand is the opinion held at some quarters that she is a vain, superficial girl or worse, a hypocrite. However, I've wasted my fingerprints arguing the matter elsewhere, have given up and don't want to convince anyone. I've actually run away from another forum because the discussion around Eunju was getting vicious and the arguments, circular. So if I meet anyone who levels this kind of accusation against her again, I'll just ignore it and let everyone have their opinion.
    Well every one is entitled to their opinion we are not opening a cult you dont have to convince any one and you dont have to share their opinion if they dont share yours. Ne way when is the next chapter coming out?

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

(Previous comment deleted to highlight the new one)

Nice development on chapter 39. Long text under spoiler tags:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by kendama; April 11, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast