Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.13 <3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12 - Part 1

ok so basically you just have to cry uncle

i still chalk up izanami as uchiha hax

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    No... its not ;p

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/587/6

Itachi clearly said what needs to be done to escape the loop.

"You have to acknowledge your results and stop trying to run away" In other words: you have to stop fighting the technique.

That whole crap about "knowing yourself" only applies to Kabuto because he thought of himself as invincible and perfect... a lie he convinced himself off. Thus by surrendering to Izanami he is forced to acknowledge the fact that he's been lying to himself and that there are things he can't do on his own.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being good or bad.
    But clearly itachi already admitted that izanami can't really be used during in an actual fight. Because specifically, the izanami is just a counter jutsu fro izanagi.
    Last edited by marshall313; July 26, 2013 at 05:42 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    But clearly itachi already admitted that izanami can't really be used during in an actual fight. Because specifically, the izanami is just a counter jutsu fro izanagi.
    He didn't say it couldn't be used during a fight. He said that no one would use it during a fight because it has a guaranteed way of escaping it. You don't use techniques against an opponent that are both non lethal, and has a sure-fire way of escaping it. On top of that, it wastes an eye to use it.

Izanami can be used against any opponent, and just because it's easy to escape once you figure out how, it can't be escaped at all if you don't know what it takes to get out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Nope, he said its not really suited for combat because there's a risk of the opponent getting out of the jutsu. A risk isn't a certainty though... without any prior knowledge the chances of someone actually figuring out how to get out of that loop right of the bat would be slim at best.
    Last edited by LnDRash; July 26, 2013 at 06:00 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, he said its not really suited for combat because there's a risk of the opponent getting out of the jutsu. A risk isn't a certainty though... without any prior knowledge the chances of someone actually figuring out how to get out of that loop right of the bat would be slim at best.
    It seems to me that the izanami is some sort of purgatory. It cleanses the soul before going to heaven or their incarnation or whatever that is. So the reason why itachi used that to kabuto is for him to cleansed his behavior or to accept who he was.

So using the izanami for the likes of hiruzen, minato, jiraiya, hashirama or anyone else who had an opposite behavior of kabuto/oro/madara is kinda useless, i think.

Well, itachi said that the izanami is used to teach anyone not to rely on jutsu but to accept their own destiny. So with that, that jutsu is specifically for the likes of kabuto/oro/madara/obito.

It's looks like a bad boy couldn't escape the izanami until he'll become a good boy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    It's looks like a bad boy couldn't escape the izanami until he'll become a good boy.
    If only "good boys" could get out of the technique then why would it be unusable in combat? A good boy wouldn't harm you, wouldn't he? Besides the fact that terms like "good" and "evil" are highly subjective... to Nagato Konoha was evil, while Konoha viewed Nagato as evil.

You've said it yourself: To get out of Izanami you have to accept the fact that you can't rely on your power/jutsu... none of your techniques will help you to get out of that loop. Only accepting your fate can get you out... which in other words means you get out once you realize you can't force your way out. The moment you stop opposing the illusion, it will dissolve.

It would actually work especially well against that "will of fire" brigade with their stubborn "never give up, no matter the odds!" mindset. Its tailormade to trap such guys for all eternity.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

If only "good boys" could get out of the technique then why would it be unusable in combat? A good boy wouldn't harm you, wouldn't he? Besides the fact that terms like "good" and "evil" are highly subjective... to Nagato Konoha was evil, while Konoha viewed Nagato as evil.

You've said it yourself: To get out of Izanami you have to accept the fact that you can't rely on your power/jutsu... none of your techniques will help you to get out of that loop. Only accepting your fate can get you out... which in other words means you get out once you realize you can't force your way out. The moment you stop opposing the illusion, it will dissolve.

It would actually work especially well against that "will of fire" brigade with their stubborn "never give up, no matter the odds!" mindset. Its tailormade to trap such guys for all eternity.
    That's why itachi said that the uchiha created the izanami to save or punish their fellow uchiha who used the izanagi.(or something like that) So basically, the izanami is some sort of cleanser of the uchiha's behavior. But now that itachi used the izanami to kabuto, he clearly wants to cleansed kabuto's mindset/behavior.

From what i understand to itachi's statement, It isn't just about on stop opposing the illusion to dissolve the very jutsu, but rather on how you stop deceiving yourself for a destiny that wasn't meant for you.

By accepting yourself, or for kabuto, if he stop on deceiving himself that he isn't orocchimaru, that all of his powers wasn't him to begin with. Then that jutsu will dissolve. He denied his destiny as kabuto and try to change it to become the second orochimaru. That kind of mindset and behavior fits for the iznami.

But ofcourse, that's just my interpretation.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

akatsuki was on the loose at the con I went to this weekend....
    look at this deviant I caught in the act of evilness....
    Spoiler show

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thay and it comes at a hefty price

no uchiha wants to close a sharingan mid-fight or at all i would imagine

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    thay and it comes at a hefty price

no uchiha wants to close a sharingan mid-fight or at all i would imagine
    Ofcourse they don't
    But still except for Itachi i haven't seen any Uchiha (Don't count Kakashi in) trying to finish the fight ASAP.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

oopppsss My Bad... never saw the context
    In case of Izanami it is a tricky technique , no one break the loop Unless he figures how to end this technique and as we have seen with Kabuto, said person will be standing still , so one can kill that person easily .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Am....I the first one to notice this (if I'm not pardon for being so slow )
    that Kurama's eyes are a part of and connected to his ears?
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/572/10

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    Am....I the first one to notice this (if I'm not pardon for being so slow )
    that Kurama's eyes are a part of and connected to his ears?
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/572/10
    A bit random post entry but it's probably the color of his fur that connects his ears and eyes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have been amazing if we at least saw some girl Uchihas kicking asses...oh more of like the sexy Kurenai with those red eyes (oh she specializes in genjutsu)...just a thought...

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    It would have been amazing if we at least saw some girl Uchihas kicking asses...oh more of like the sexy Kurenai with those red eyes (oh she specializes in genjutsu)...just a thought...
    yes i agree, i want to see a female uchiha with susano o !!!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    yes i agree, i want to see a female uchiha with susano o !!!
    .Yeah that would be freaking awesome. .what a great time for girl badassing...well imagination strikes ...

New Reply
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast