Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 210 Discussion/211 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 210 Discussion/211 Predictions

-Standard set up chapter for Beelzebub. I guess the fights would take a few chapters or so.I think it will be a combination of on-screen and off-screen battle.
    -Unsurprisingly, Aoi vs Suzune.Well, there are the only girl in their group...
    - Toujou, you're looking in the wrong place! XD
    -I'm curious to see what Himekawa is up to.At this stage, I don't know if he is still an ally.
    -As much as I want to see Oga defeat Taka quickly, I don't think the fight would go smoothly. There is still Lucifer to consider. We haven't seen much of what she's capable of. I don't think she would be pleased if Taka loses to Oga.
    -If what Saotome said about Lucifer is true, she would be a huge threat even if Taka goes down. Demons can still fight really well even without a contractor. And if she decided to appear in flesh after taka is defeated, I don't think Oga can deal with her.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

after seeing taka and lucifer, i am really curious on how powerful fuji is going to be, maybe it will take the whole saint group vs fuji? but then again it wouldnt be a "fair" fight considering its always 1 v 1. although i really want to see oga + tojou (like in the fight against jabbawock) against him
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Chapter i can only agree with the former posts, the building Chapter is what it is.

And the new knights can show on there own screen Time how good there are. And that will be awesome if it really happen.

Taka vs Oga or should we say, Oga vs. Lucifer. Here is it interisting that taka have physical power is a Spellmaster and that Lucifer also have own Power and Ability to use. That is really strong and bring the Question up. Will Baby Beel have an Ability too??? And how powerful could say be.

But how is the true Leaderof the Fallen Angels. Is it Taka or is it Himekawa who Deal with the Demons, like is it total normal and he do it every Day. I still believe he wanna stay on Top of all Ishiyama Thugs, without fighting. That can be do Fuji and Taka.

That brings me to Fuji, when People ask here how Powerful Fuji could be. The Question is why he hide himself in the Background.

There are only two different Way he could be. Way A: He also belongs to the Solomon Company and is the Leader and the Son of the first Contractor. That´s why he never show up he will stay on top in the Demon World. Second Way. When he doesn´t belong to the Solomon Company why is he waiting for Oga loose the Fight. That means Royal Familiy loose there Power and Solomon are new Leader and all other Familys in this Battle loose too. For what is Fuji waiting.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

What i like in this Arc is. That the whole scene against Taka and his Knights is total build up.
    I mean we see Oga fighting against Taka but nothing special, only physical Battle and in water Drop of Demon Energy.
    Then Toujou get his introducing with Kanzaki and Aoi and the Plot goes in his next Stage. So that we see a bit off action and maybe some side scene, i mean there are only the first three Knights from Taka. There are still three left, maybe Hilda getting back in Human world after meet Lamia.
    Then maybe another short Skit with Taka and Oga and energy raise up. While back to Hilda Toujou and Aoi Kanzaki, defeat there opponents.
    At least to the Highlight, Oga and Taka get full out. That will be a real Highlight nothing else. I really like how the Story goes on. That looks to me the first Time like a real planned Line for the Arc, where everybody get his Moment. I hope my prediction Hit in every Point that still open.
    That is how i would wirte the Story line.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a good chapter, but it was pretty much a set-up. I really liked seeing Aoi and Kanzaki play off each other as straight man and funny man. I didn't think they could have so much comedic chemistry but they do! Toujo's threats against Furuichi were also great gags. Imagine if it actually happens after they get his soul back! I would laugh a lot.

I'm slightly disappointed at Suzune vs. Aoi not because its a chick fight, but because Suzune is no.5 and Aoi is no.2. I know the numbers don't indicate strength, but I just can't believe Kanzaki got the objectively stronger opponent out of the two of them. The only upside is that maybe Suzune will bitch about the Red Tails to get Aoi riled up.

It was really touching how Oga could repeat back the words he told Furuichi when they were kids. He has found people who can support him and help him do the things he needs to do. I felt it was a subtle reference to that flashback without being too blatant. And yet its bittersweet because you know Furuichi wishes he could support Oga the same way the TKK can.

I think Takamiya is really enjoying himself, which just shows how disconnected he is from everything else. When he asks Oga about how it feels to leave things for others to complete, I think he was projecting. I mean think about it: Takamiya has subordinates who bicker over who has the higher rank. He said so himself, it doesn't really matter who they are unless they can be useful to him. He calls himself an emperor but he's quite lonely, I think. He finds Oga's ability to draw strength from having friends really amusing, but that isn't something heroic or unusual -- its a basic human emotion. A guy at his age with such a high-ranking demon princess probably couldn't sustain a friendship very well. And I can't help but find that sad? I wonder if Tamura thought the same when he drew Takamiya.

On the flip side, Himekawa has just become a lot more cold this chapter. He didn't show a hint of remorse or regret on finding out Furuichi might die by morning. I'm finding it hard to believe he has secret motivations to help Oga. It just sounds like he's become seriously bitter after the Portait Arc and during the Tissues Arc. Either that or Himekawa is a great actor pretending to be bored. I think he wants his own source of demonic power, one that Udagawa doesn't mind giving him. But I have a feeling it'll have some kind of energy drain catch like Nasubi faced, and his body will be used as collateral. All in all, even if its sudden, I think being a baddie suits Himekawa a lot, and it would be a shame if it was all for show.

Speaking of baddies, they still outnumber Oga and the TKK. I mean, I know Toujo will handle no.6 and no.1, but that still leaves Himekawa and Udagawa, and a whole Furuichi soul piece to boot. I like Black Hawk's idea that Hilda can come back from her hiatus and wreck Udagawa's shit. This way it won't be so much about Hilda feeling sympathetic towards Furuichi (I think Tamura really wants to avoid this, sadly) but about her fighting the company that want to kidnap Beel. At least that's how I see it. Another idea could be Himekawa gaining enough demonic power, which would leave Oga to fight him another day. I don't like this so much because it distracts from the main plot too much. I guess other members of the Pillar Squad could show up, that would be cool too.

So all in all its a good chapter, but I think the punchline will come next week. Also, if anyone gets into Jump's TOC's rankings, next week Beelzebub's ranking will reflect chapter 203, which is the start of this arc. And volume 22 comes out, don't forget to buy it!

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Toujou always makes the chapter for me. Him looking in a toilet for his soul? Did he think someone shit it out

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

@Teeba:

Your last post was brilliant, quite insightful. Your interpretation of Takamiya was flawless, in my opinion.

You know, Teeba, I'm still in two minds about Himekawa. What keeps coming back to my mind is his behaviour in the Prince En Arc. I think Yuka had it right: he does enjoy the company of strong delinquents who aren't after his money, even if he doesn't show it. We know he is a great actor and a great gambler, so feigning indifference to finding out Takamiya has put Furuichi on the verge of death wouldn't be beyond him. He couldn't have foreseen this development, especially because I think he does not know yet exactly what people with demonic power can do: I doubt Takamiya told him what his skills are.

So even if he wants to beat Oga, and may be using Takamiya to that end, he is not a villain in the sense that he is not after Beel or interested in killing people. If he comes out as a double agent capable of fooling Solomon Company, I won't be dissatisfied.

I still think he may be double-crossing Udagawa. He might want to defeat Oga, but not in a way that disgraces him for good before the other thugs. You say

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll say one thing about the Himekawa development; It's a tentative Face Heel Turn done right. I applaud Tamura for this. I remember when Himekawa was first revealed to be on Takamiya's team, we were so sure he wasn't betraying Oga and this was merely his route to getting Beel's Crest. Next he told them to get Furuichi, and we started to become unsure. Then he seemed to have Udagawa blow a lot of intel in front of Furuichi and we were convinced again he was working in the Saint's interests. Now he doesn't seem to care at all that what he instigated is causing Furuichi to die and it's confirmed he made some deal with the Solomon Company. Now we aren't placing any bets. It's so hard to create this scenario in which the readers don't persistently believe the 'betrayer' is not betraying them. Himekawa has us all confused so much that we don't know what to be sure of about his motives. A worthy ambiguous character.

@Teeba
    I'm so glad you're going into the psych of these characters. I don't see enough of this. Beelzebub's characters are developed enough to a degree where its safe to psychoanalyze them.
    Well first off, Takamiya is definitely a nut case just like Nasu. Or more of a major sociopath I should say. He's obsessed with getting a perfect fight and willing to go to extremes to get what he wants. In fact it seems to be the only thing he wants. I also caught on to his comments such as 'what good friends you have', 'you're afraid to have to rely on others'. I don't think it's merely to rile Oga up. Companionship is an emotion he doesn't understand and he subconsciously projects this. For example the nature of Oga and Beel's contractor bond is something Nasu and Takamiya disparaged, calling weak and the wrong way to use a demon. We saw how confused and exasperated Nasu was about this during his defeat. We might see something similar with Takamiya.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    So all in all its a good chapter, but I think the punchline will come next week. Also, if anyone gets into Jump's TOC's rankings, next week Beelzebub's ranking will reflect chapter 203, which is the start of this arc. And volume 22 comes out, don't forget to buy it!
    I've been meaning to bring this up. I noticed you are an avid TOC watcher and so have a good feel about the fate of manga in WSJ. I also noticed Beelzebub's rankings have been dropping this past year. I remember the previous years its average was about 8.5 and now it's 13-14. Its volume sales are only average and lately Jump is beginning to look really competitive. A bad sign. I'm a bit worried for the future of one of my favorite mangas. In your opinion how do you say the forecast looks for Beelzebub? How high are the chances it will be forced to an early end?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some random thought. Unlike Nasu who treat his demon like trash, I think Taka does have some form of respect or at least acknowledge his demon, Lucifer. Though I don't know what Lucifer think of Taka as she has no emotions whatsoever.I'm actually quite curious about Taka and Lucifer relationship with each other. I don't think they have a strong bond like Oga and Beel but it would be interesting if they both respect each other.
    I think a strong bond between a demon and its contractor is fundamental for a contractor to fully utilize the demonic power. If Taka and Lucifer have a good enough relationship with each other, I don't think Oga will be able to defeat Taka that easily. But that would be a more intense fight.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

@kendama

Aww thank you!

I do think ultimately Himekawa belongs on Oga's side, and I see where you're coming from. I wouldn't put it past Himekawa to pretend or act disinterested. But I think it would be funnier if Himekawa finds out the hard way that Oga simply can't be beaten. Himekawa does enjoy being with Ishiyama, and I think he'll start feeling regret for joining the other side soon enough. He may be disinterested in Furuichi but he did look awfully bored

Himekawa is more like Oga than he would care to admit. They've both been deeply hurt by people in the past and prefer to be alone because of that.

(Also I'm not sure if you intended to write more than that? Just checking.)

Quote Originally Posted by lightningsha View Post
    I'm so glad you're going into the psych of these characters. I don't see enough of this. Beelzebub's characters are developed enough to a degree where its safe to psychoanalyze them.
    @lightningsha-- Loved your post! Totally agree about Himekawa. This is another example of great characterization. I think we're all interested in finding out how he'll get back in Oga's good graces.

I'm happy I'm making sense, most of the time I just think I'm being pedantic. Thank you. Unfortunately, I've seen other people complain on the internet that Beelzebub's villains are too generic. Sure, they don't have nearly the amount of characterization that Oga and company have, but come on. Takamiya's motives are clear and his sociopathic behavior singles him out differently than Nasubi and Ringo.

Quote Originally Posted by lightningsha View Post
    We saw how confused and exasperated Nasu was about this during his defeat. We might see something similar with Takamiya.
    Ooh that sounds like a great idea. I really liked Nasubi for being such a devious and trollsome guy. And he was very different from Oga, he saw demons as something he could use and control. I can see Takamiya having a similar breakdown, maybe from the realization his underlings are no where near reliable as Oga's true companions are.

As for the last part of your question, I'll answer it in the Hangout thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Just some random thought. Unlike Nasu who treat his demon like trash, I think Taka does have some form of respect or at least acknowledge his demon, Lucifer. Though I don't know what Lucifer think of Taka as she has no emotions whatsoever.I'm actually quite curious about Taka and Lucifer relationship with each other. I don't think they have a strong bond like Oga and Beel but it would be interesting if they both respect each other.
    I think a strong bond between a demon and its contractor is fundamental for a contractor to fully utilize the demonic power. If Taka and Lucifer have a good enough relationship with each other, I don't think Oga will be able to defeat Taka that easily. But that would be a more intense fight.
    I agree, its just like Takamiya said: Lucifer can act more independently of him than Baby Beel can. Who knows, maybe Oga will hurt Takamiya causing Lucifer to get upset. At the same time, I wonder if maybe Lucifer just fears him that much.

And well, now I wonder: I actually find the six killer elements really interesting characters. I hope even after they get defeated they'll get to be background characters or something. I mean, I doubt they'd help Oga and all but I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I agree, its just like Takamiya said: Lucifer can act more independently of him than Baby Beel can. Who knows, maybe Oga will hurt Takamiya causing Lucifer to get upset. At the same time, I wonder if maybe Lucifer just fears him that much.

And well, now I wonder: I actually find the six killer elements really interesting characters. I hope even after they get defeated they'll get to be background characters or something. I mean, I doubt they'd help Oga and all but I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.
    Until Lucifer shows some emotions, it's hard to tell whether she fear him or not. They do work well as a team though.
    Judging from the author's previous treatment of side characters(Six knight and Pillar squad), I don't think we will see them doing anything useful after this arc. They could join MK5... Nasubi was quite interesting towards the end but then he melted away. Ringo sucks and was pretty much a plot device to get Aoi to rejoin the red tails. The other two was meh. Taka, so far is the only one who is kinda interesting. Fuji ?

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2