Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 211 Discussion/212 Predictions

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 211 Spoiler Thread

Ok, I'll be the first one to say it. They're officially fuc*ed. Now they have no real advantage over Toujou. And in terms of skill Toujou can one-shot them.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally! I was waiting for it for quite some time. Now Tjou has gotten Oga's emblem and is a part of his crew under the 4th number. Now he is going to kick some ass. He was badass before and now it seems he is going to break some new limits.

And great to learn some new info on how the Emblem works. Maybe Oga will finally learn how to control it better at least to not waste as much energy as he does. This would not only help him, but also his crew as his opponent stated.

Now I'm really waiting for the next chapter. Don't really know what I want to see more Tojou kicking ass in a badass way or Aoi. Well, I I want more Aoi any time, but it also seems that she would have quite an interesting fight as well as Kanzaki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Ok, I'll be the first one to say it. They're officially fuc*ed. Now they have no real advantage over Toujou. And in terms of skill Toujou can one-shot them.
    #5 is gone for sure, but I'm still hoping #1 will pull up some nice punch.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh… there will be so many people complaining about Toujou getting the crest that I won't even bother to come to the comments until it is over.

Other than that, I liked the chapter, even though it was not stellar. The manifestation of Furuichi's soul was really nicely done.

I don't care in the least about Toujou's crest: he is the kind of person who wouldn't notice it if he got power from whatever source. And I have always said that it makes no sense for him to have no power at all. And I still think he has some extra power source he learned from Saotome.

And incidentally, everyone noticed it already, but... if Toujou is #4, exactly who is #3? Or have I missed something?

(I really hope it is not Furuichi.)

Now, there was one cliché I didn't like: Takamiya's lecturing Oga. I don't like it when the villain lends a hand to the main character, it sounds very contrived. At least we now know why Takamiya was smiling in the previous chapter.

And, while people emphasise that there is no hierarchy of power related to numbers, Takamiya's followers cannot escape that mindset. Well, it is going to cost them dearly.

Looking forward to next week's chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Himekawa might've tricked fooled Oga into giving him the king's crest when he said that he was helping them back when they met

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kendama

The #3 must be Himekawa. Furichi was useing the Tissue to get more Power. So when Furichi really should get the third Chrest for what he need the Tissue then.
    And maybe im the only one, but i hope the development of Furichi dont belong in his strengh and that he fight more and more. It would him fit better, if get more into the Demon Family knowledge.

No matter if Furichi is out of the Arc, you always keep him in mind.

But what can be the Plot of the to Contractors, Oga wanna be beat Taka but lost to much Energy. As ans additional Taka is and Emblem Master, his knowledge is on the same Level with Saotome. So how can Oga is able to beat Taka. So both contractors are unable to fight now during there knights fight each other.
    I always thought like Behemoth say, Oga and Beel are still not reach the max of there strengh.

So keep in mind only your Soul speak the truth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post

But what can be the Plot of the to Contractors, Oga wanna be beat Taka but lost to much Energy. As ans additional Taka is and Emblem Master, his knowledge is on the same Level with Saotome. So how can Oga is able to beat Taka. So both contractors are unable to fight now during there knights fight each other.
    Or, that could be a double-sided deal, you give them your powers and they give their powers to you, so when Taka's boys will be beaten by Ogas friends, then power difference should be balanced )

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

This is Toujou for you, he didn't even notice the King Crest until now. hahaha
    With this Toujou doesn't have any disadvantage over Yasaka, but he being number 1 it will be a fierce battle.
    The waste of power of Oga is worrying, even in the others fights. I don't know how this will end, this is good. The tension is high.
    Good chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    The waste of power of Oga is worrying, even in the others fights. I don't know how this will end, this is good. The tension is high.
    Good chapter.
    Well, it's obvious that, one way or another, Yasaka and Lucifer have to be defeated before dawn, otherwise Furuichi is gone forever. Since Beelzebub without Furuichi is... well, nothing anymore, I don't see Oga having any other options except winning this fight. How can he do that, though, I do not know, but we could have said the exact same thing when he fought Jabberwock, before the whole "Father Switch" asspull (which I loved, btw)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be breif. Toujou playing tennis is one of the funniest jokes in the manga, I had to read it twice to believe it was that funny.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Honestly, I don't like this arc. It's too serious and repetitive, compared to what we had up until now with Beelzebub. Also, where's my beloved Hildegarde?!
    I can see why people would be upset with the genre shift but Beelzebub has always been an action/comedy hybrid. It's just that most of the arcs so far have been more comedy oriented than action oriented. This arc and the Akumano Academy Arc were really the only two arcs to be action oriented, so I'am fine with this arc being longer than usual since it sort of balances out all of the comedy we've been getting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 211 Discussion/212 Predictions

Oh a short Side note, Toujou is double crested. One of his left Upper arm what works and one on the right Upper arm what doesn´t work. I dont hope Tamura-sensei had a miss there by placeing the Crest on the wrong Side of the Arm. Cause Size and placement are the same as the tattoo he has befor. But as you could see in Chapter Ishiyamas best it is on his right upper arm.
    I hope we get a note is it a fail or planned the he has two now.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Well, it's obvious that, one way or another, Yasaka and Lucifer have to be defeated before dawn, otherwise Furuichi is gone forever. Since Beelzebub without Furuichi is... well, nothing anymore, I don't see Oga having any other options except winning this fight. How can he do that, though, I do not know, but we could have said the exact same thing when he fought Jabberwock, before the whole "Father Switch" asspull (which I loved, btw)
    ^ I don't know if it counts, but Oga did call his attack "The Kings Execution" when Furuichi was captured the first time.

Oh man, I laughed so hard when Toujo had that flashback about tennis. To think he got the crest right there and then was just too funny, and even Toujo treating it like a super serious moment just blew my mind.

@Black Hawk-- Oh my God Black Hawk I didn't even notice until you said so! Either Toujo has two crests (one real and one fake) or Tamura screwed up? That doesn't sit too well with me, but he's made mistakes like that before.

I know it wasn't intentionally funny, but Takamiya telling Oga all this stuff about crests and power just reinforces how friendless he is. I used to have a theory that Takamiya and Fuji used to be friends but this chapter strongly suggests Takamiya doesn't even have a partner outside of Lucifer. It sounds to us like Takamiya is teaching Oga, but really, this must be the first fight in a while that Takamiya has thoroughly enjoyed. He reminds me of the villain in The Most Dangerous Game. I wouldn't be surprised if after the fight Takamiya regrets in cliche fashion how he was misunderstood and how he just wants friends.

Speaking of friends...I really can't imagine how the manga can justify giving Himekawa the no.3 crest. It would have to have some kind of reasoning. The person holding the no.3 crest got it before chapter 203 and after chapter 202. I would like it to be Miki but that would be assuming a lot (its too much of a recon for me). Natsume definitely needs the screentime but gaining the crest would be too sudden and too favorable.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Speaking of friends...I really can't imagine how the manga can justify giving Himekawa the no.3 crest. It would have to have some kind of reasoning. The person holding the no.3 crest got it before chapter 203 and after chapter 202. I would like it to be Miki but that would be assuming a lot (its too much of a recon for me). Natsume definitely needs the screentime but gaining the crest would be too sudden and too favorable.
    So I was not the only one to think of Miki! (Well, my fellow Beelzebub fans who know me know he is my favourite side character, anyway.)

Yeah, explaining how it is Himekawa would be strange, especially given the timing. If Toujou was crested the morning after his defeat, this means that a bare 24 hours after he had a Lucifer crest, Himekawa somehow got it replaced by Beel's (if this is even possible, but the possibility itself is not a problem since we don't know much about the crest anyway).

What act of strong loyalty to Beel in the meantime could have justified the change? If it is indeed Himekawa, it might be the first true Ass Pull of this manga. (I don't think the first Father Switch counts, it was more a mockery of common shoonen power-ups, since it is defined just as trying harder.)

I do think it must be Himekawa, though, and it will be hard to digest. But if it is not, and we end up this night battle with the mystery hanging in the air, then it is almost certainly Miki. We will need a flashback to explain it, but this series is quite lean on flashbacks and it uses them very wisely, so no complaints there. In any case, it is unlikely: Beelzebub has a strong record of keeping the size of the main cast within manageable, uncomplicated levels by simply discarding side characters after they have served their usefulness. It is regrettable in the case of very good characters like Miki (who was much more popular than, say, Aiba), but it is otherwise a very clever technique to keep the plot simple and no-nonsense.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2