Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: well hello thar >D

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner warywhim's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well hello thar >D

hey guys! I'm new here!
    I somehow stumbled upon this forum... seems pretty fun here

it's been a while since I've no-lifed online... thought it was about time I got back to it >D

I was super into anime/manga for a while, got busy and fell out of it, and now starting to get back into it again. Current favorites are Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) and Sword Art Online. Old favorites are Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, Inu Yasha, Beck and... Naruto (minus all the fillers >.>)

Umm.. not sure what else to say... my favorite food combo is beer and ramen? haha ask me questions, tell me about yourselves, post me spam.. I'm down for anything ^_^d

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: well hello thar >D

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by warywhim View Post

it's been a while since I've no-lifed online... thought it was about time I got back to it >D
    Are you telling us we have no lives!

Quote Quote:
    I was super into anime/manga for a while, got busy and fell out of it, and now starting to get back into it again. Current favorites are Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) and Sword Art Online. Old favorites are Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, Inu Yasha, Beck and... Naruto (minus all the fillers >.>)
    Togashi fan huh?....how do you like the current anime of HxH? Do you follow it?

And how did you find us?...and do you prefer manga or anime?

Spoiler: PS show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kat's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Welcome to MH

so you like SAO what do you think about the 2nd season (ALO) most ppl say it was bad so I'm interested in your opinion. TheBoss suggested me to watch Accel World 2 days ago. It's by the same author aaaaand I really love it so if you feel like watching something here is my suggestion.

Any favorites bands, singers, serials, movies?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@benelori
    best welcome picture.

and no, not saying you guys have no lives... unless... you don't? ^^; Just once I start getting into forums and whatnot again... I spend too much time on them @_@
    I haven't been following the new HxH... people tell me I should, but I heard that they basically just cut out extra/unnecessary scenes so it's just the same thing just goes by quicker o_O is that true?

I found this forum when I was searching up stuff for translating purposes *wants to become a translator* and this forum seemed interesting and fun ^^

I tend to prefer shounen anime and shoujo manga lol. shoujo anime seems too slow sometimes, but I enjoy reading it. shounen manga on the other hand is hard for me to follow battle scenes sometimes... and I'd just rather see the action played out.

haha, anti-manhwa, eh? I've read a couple but not many... I don't even remember the titles of the ones I read XD

@Kat
    thanks! I didn't like the second season very much. I think the reason why it seemed horrible compared the the first season was the pacing. in SAO, it was 2 years worth of action taking place so it allowed them to have a very fast pace--something I actually enjoyed. took out all the slow, drawn-out dramatic scenes and all that. ALO, on the other hand was a much shorter span of time, two weeks, being covered in a whole season. So the pacing was super slow. And for me personally, I like the Kirito/Asuna interaction and there was virtually none of that in the second season lol. Also didn't care for the cousin thing... it was weird to me ><;

thanks for the recommendation! I was just looking for new anime to watch I'll give it a try~

hmm, my favorite band would be the GazettE... I was super into the visual kei scene for a while, but I've fallen out of it so I'm super behind in my fandoms T^T
    As for movies... hmmm... I really like action movies... the Avengers, 300, etc etc. Not sure if I have an actual favorite though.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@benelori
    best welcome picture.

Quote Quote:
    and no, not saying you guys have no lives... unless... you don't? ^^; Just once I start getting into forums and whatnot again... I spend too much time on them @_@
    Then wait until you find the win thread and meet the mods section...
    Quote Quote:
    I haven't been following the new HxH... people tell me I should, but I heard that they basically just cut out extra/unnecessary scenes so it's just the same thing just goes by quicker o_O is that true?
    Well somewhat yeah...sometimes they add fillers to complement the mood of the manga...but the animation and voiceovers are really good, and some of the fights are just super awesome (Hisoka vs Gon comes to mind)...
    I think it's worth following, because the anime just reached the ant arc, and the manga's art starts getting weaker and weaker in this arc, so the anime will compensate for that...
    Quote Quote:
    I found this forum when I was searching up stuff for translating purposes *wants to become a translator* and this forum seemed interesting and fun ^^
    Awesome, awesome...if you have any questions, you can bother me, or mikkih...she's the translator mod
    Quote Quote:
    I tend to prefer shounen anime and shoujo manga lol. shoujo anime seems too slow sometimes, but I enjoy reading it. shounen manga on the other hand is hard for me to follow battle scenes sometimes... and I'd just rather see the action played out.
    Shigurui is shounen...try it out, tell me what you think about it
    Quote Quote:
    haha, anti-manhwa, eh? I've read a couple but not many... I don't even remember the titles of the ones I read XD
    Haha, not really, but Charlie would transform this site into Manhwahelpers if he could....I read Noblesse, Tower of God, The Breaker and I read some others in the past as well...like ID, Veritas...but as far non-manga go Feng Shen Ji is on the top of my list

And what do you translate if I may ask?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kat
    thanks! I didn't like the second season very much. I think the reason why it seemed horrible compared the the first season was the pacing. in SAO, it was 2 years worth of action taking place so it allowed them to have a very fast pace--something I actually enjoyed. took out all the slow, drawn-out dramatic scenes and all that. ALO, on the other hand was a much shorter span of time, two weeks, being covered in a whole season. So the pacing was super slow. And for me personally, I like the Kirito/Asuna interaction and there was virtually none of that in the second season lol. Also didn't care for the cousin thing... it was weird to me ><;
    I totally agree with you ... I missed Kirito and Asuna stuff I loved so much the first season mostly because of they were together fighting and everything ... but I would lie if I said I didn't like it at all

thanks for the recommendation! I was just looking for new anime to watch I'll give it a try~
    Definitely you should try it if you liked SAO you will like this too ... it's sooooooooooooooooooooo cool

Lol I remember my first day here ... I was so confused and was afriad to type anything or something ... if you feel like I did don't worry it will change in some while

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@benelori

Quote Quote:
    Then wait until you find the win thread and meet the mods section...
    oh no... I already feel reality slipping away... ^^

Quote Quote:
    Well somewhat yeah...sometimes they add fillers to complement the mood of the manga...but the animation and voiceovers are really good, and some of the fights are just super awesome (Hisoka vs Gon comes to mind)...
    I think it's worth following, because the anime just reached the ant arc, and the manga's art starts getting weaker and weaker in this arc, so the anime will compensate for that...
    I see... hmm, well I guess I could always give it a try. It's been a while since I've seen the original anyway

Quote Quote:
    Awesome, awesome...if you have any questions, you can bother me, or mikkih...she's the translator mod
    Thanks! do you translate as well?

Quote Quote:
    Shigurui is shounen...try it out, tell me what you think about it
    will do! thanks for the recommendation ^^

Quote Quote:
    And what do you translate if I may ask?
    I just joined a scanlation group (Summer Rain) and got assigned Hiren Trip ^^ Other than that I just translate random things for fun. (I'm in Japan right now so there are abundant things to translate lol)

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

@Kat

Quote Quote:
    I totally agree with you ... I missed Kirito and Asuna stuff I loved so much the first season mostly because of they were together fighting and everything ... but I would lie if I said I didn't like it at all
    Right??? RIGHT??? Yeah the second season wasn't completely horrible... I was super worried at first though that they were just writing off Asuna.... I was like... no. Just.. no. haha. Like if they were replacing her with the cousin I would have been outraged. haha

Quote Quote:
    Definitely you should try it if you liked SAO you will like this too ... it's sooooooooooooooooooooo cool
    Started watching it! IT'S SO INTERESTING! I'm only on like, episode 4 right now though lol.

Quote Quote:
    Lol I remember my first day here ... I was so confused and was afriad to type anything or something ... if you feel like I did don't worry it will change in some while
    hehe thanks ^^

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after first episode I was like omg omg omg omg I love it so much :3 Haru is so annoying though but I still love it

so what are your hobbies in real life ? sport? art? music? something ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

haha yeah haru is a little annoying, but I'm getting used to it. the whole idea is pretty crazy so I can get over it lol

hobbies... hmm. I'm pretty into sports, though haven't played anything in a while. I used to play basketball and volleyball. Did Tae Kwon Do for a few years too ^^ and I play guitar... though I suck at it haha. Too inconsistent to be any good really >< As for music... I mostly like rock music... at one point music was a huge part of my life, but I've grown distant from all my fandoms (used to be super into visual kei and all that)... how about you ^^

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just finished watching AW, special episodes as well ... they were crazy but still fun

I used to play basket a lot but not regularly ... I mean I just played it with my friends ... oh I miss those times, also I like baseball ( we play it at school so I'm happy that it looks like baseball at least). And music mmm like I always say "I listen to everything" so rock, pop, punk, ...

Spoiler show

Oh I always recommend the same thing

Aaand ofc I like playing LoL ... let me see if you know the game

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Billy Talent, huh? I'll give them a try ^^

I used to play LoL SO MUCH! my friend used to come over and we'd play from 10pm - 7am. judging by your avatar, your main is caitlyn? lol I haven't played in a long time though so I'm sure I suck now T^T

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to mh warywhim and nice tastes in anime and an Sao fan as well /

Everyone is a lol - ker these days. Welcome back to being active or semi active online again.
    I'm trying to be the opposite.

See ya around.
    Last edited by Charlie; June 30, 2013 at 07:31 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Welcome to mh warywhim and nice tastes in anime and an Sao fan as well /

Everyone is a lol - ker these days. Welcome back to being active or semi active online again.
    I'm trying to be the op piste.

See ya around.
    Thanks! yay for SAO!!
    piste? is that a term I should know? ><;;

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - it should be

Whenever you have time - come teach me how to advance my lol nubness.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! yay for SAO!!
    piste? is that a term I should know? ><;;
    Don't worry...his typing skills are...let's say obstructed....most times

...so what seem like terms you should know....they are not

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

And how are you feeling in Japan? Where exactly are you?

I don't translate much, because I'm still a beginner (working towards JLPT lvl 3), but I translate Naruto spoilers if I wake up in time, and the scan teams are a bit later than usual

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast