Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 92

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion

  1. #46
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member helios_shin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in a beautiful island on indian ocean
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    next chapter: epic battle between the 2 elders. then when ghost doc will going to win Shioon wake up yeah "i won doc, cause i'm free"
    doc: "ok good bye"

    ...

  2. #47
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jizzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    You know now that I think about it, the meditative technique could be a way for shioon to break out. He can't move but it looks like his Ki is still available to him.

  3. #48
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    China
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by helios_shin View Post
    next chapter: epic battle between the 2 elders. then when ghost doc will going to win Shioon wake up yeah "i won doc, cause i'm free"
    doc: "ok good bye"

    ...
    At this point you can tell that neither Kwon nor Shik gives a shit about honoring the guidelines of the duel

  4. #49
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Murim
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    How does Kwon godsmack several opponents at the same time? Can he do a massive ki-strike to all directions? And this time these are anti-murim guys. Guys who can even face off with murim masters.
    We know that distance ki strikes exist in the martial arts world of The Breaker, because of the Hadouken like technique that Shioon learned from Ryu. I do not see why the Sunwoo style of martial arts would not have a similar technique in its highest levels, and after a lifetime of dedicated training I think it is safe to assume that Kwon has mastered every single Sunwoo technique. That, and the lightning speed which is one of the "marks" of the Sunwoo style combined, and I think it is easy to see how Kwon sent everyone flying at the same time. Even without distance strikes, we have already seen his speed before.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    So, basically, the author decided to somehow put an handicap on Kwon (the fall from an outrageous height that everybody says must have injured him at least slightly) so that the Ghost Doctor can have a chance against him and, as a consequence, so that Shioon has a "plot reason" to break free and intervene, shocking everybody once again and making both Jinie and Seira wet
    I do not believe that the fall hurt him. Paying attention to the physics, someone falling from that height should not create a creator like that. I believe that he used his inner power to transfer the force of impact into the ground, which created the creator and negated any of the force coming back onto him. Or something along those lines. In any case, he does not look hurt to me.

    Also, I agree with the general thought of "glasses guy." His attitude reminds me of an atheist who is watching a saint perform a miracle. He is seeing it, but he still does not believe it, because he has his head buried so deep in his own bias that he does not even care to look for actual objective evidence.

  5. #50
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gotdott View Post
    At this point you can tell that neither Kwon nor Shik gives a shit about honoring the guidelines of the duel
    Wrong. So Wrong. Kwon is honoring the guidelines, but there is nothing to prevent him from killing Shik in those guidelines. Shioon promised to go with Shik if he lost, but he didn't say he would stop Kwon or anyone from the Sunwoo clan from getting in the way. Kwon can't just grab Shioon and leave because as long as Shik is alive Shioon must go with him, but there is nothing preventing Kwon from killing Shik and thus removing Shioon's obligation to him.

    Anyways has anyone considered the possibility of Shik being captured by Shioon once he breaks out? I know lots of people, myself included, have been thingking about how he is likely to become an ally after he looses to Shioon. There has been some speculation on what Shioon might require him to do, since he promised to fulfil a request if he lost, and now that I think about it Shioon should just make the dude his subordinate. His one request should be to make Shik follow him, just like what the government wanted to do. Instead of the Sunwoo clan being taken over by the gov, the Heung-in clinic gets taken over by the Sunwoo clan. Eventuallly the doc will come to accept his position and the clan will be stronger for it.

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #51
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Murim
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    On the issue of honor and Kwon jumping into the fray, it should be understood that honor is very complicated in the underworld. It would be dishonorable for Kwon to take Shioon, because that would make Shioon go back on his word, and thus dishonor the Sunwoo Gaju.

    However, if Kwon steps into the dual in Shioons place, and kills the person that Shioon made the vow to, then Kwon instead wins and the promise is void because the person that the promise was made to is dead.

    Murim Honor is not simple. This is not a world of knights in shining armour, this is a world of people who can more easily be likened to mafioso. The strong make the rules, and the weak follow them. Shik proved he was stronger, and made a rule. If Kwon proves he is stronger, then the rules are his to make. If there is any simplicity in this, then that is it.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #52
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    I like the juxtaposition of Kwon and Shik's attitudes. Kwon is prepared to fight to the death for his clan's honor. Shik just wanted a specimen and wanted no part of trouble. He sort of looks afraid, but I imagine it's not because he thinks Kwon is stronger than him but because the stakes have become far too high for the payoff. He has absolutely no reason to put his life on the line - if he dies, he has accomplished nothing. If Kwon dies in the course of the fight, he has still upheld Sunwoo honor and perhaps given the rest of Sunwoo a chance to rescue Shioon. And barring the use of firearms by glasses guy, I think that could decide the fight.

    Then again, Shioon could still break out, but that would just make it simpler.

  10. #53
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    Also, I agree with the general thought of "glasses guy." His attitude reminds me of an atheist who is watching a saint perform a miracle. He is seeing it, but he still does not believe it, because he has his head buried so deep in his own bias that he does not even care to look for actual objective evidence.
    I think that Glasses guy is kind of expecting the elders to fight like this.

    Of course the rest of the Universe is expecting something closer to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

  11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #54
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ogag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Keep in mind that even if Ghost hands wins, or Shioon wakes up the Sunwoo clan will arrive very soon and have elite fighters there to take care of/finish off the weakened Ghost hands and government fighters. The only way this doesn't play out in the Sunwoo clan's favor is if Shioon admits defeat, and tells everyone to back down.
    I hope elder kwon destroys shioon's ki center again beyond repair if he admits defeat and ask everyone to back down

    I think we'll be seeing a fight between old timers next chapter and possibly doc's flashback of what happened between him and elder kwon. glasses guy ordering someone to snipe elder kwon is also possible

  13. #55
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Doctor is called ghost hand right wonder if Kwon has a nickname like that. Also like his negotiating style. Also glasses is an idiot if shiwoon did a lot of damage to his mean what luck do they have vs elder Kwon.

  14. #56
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Just read a-teams scan and it is confirmed that Doctor Shik wants to fight Sosul's grandfather but Elder kwon fight the doctor instead either the Elder Kwon beat the crap out of the doctor and lose some teeth hehehe

    The doctor is not winning he explained that if shioon is not moving and inch he won and yet shioon is still trembling and besides there is a difference between subdued in the doctors mind and shioons mind maybe shioon thinks thst subdue is hes unconscious and cant fight anymore while the doctor thinks that stopping the movement of shioon is subduing him .

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  15. #57
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    China
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jacoobus View Post
    Wrong. So Wrong. Kwon is honoring the guidelines, but there is nothing to prevent him from killing Shik in those guidelines. Shioon promised to go with Shik if he lost, but he didn't say he would stop Kwon or anyone from the Sunwoo clan from getting in the way. Kwon can't just grab Shioon and leave because as long as Shik is alive Shioon must go with him, but there is nothing preventing Kwon from killing Shik and thus removing Shioon's obligation to him.
    I'm not wrong and I don't see how your description makes me wrong. They really don't give a shit as long as they can find ways to twist the situation in their favor. It was never going to be a straight-up "you win, I lose" situation like the person I quoted was saying.

  16. #58
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gotdott View Post
    I'm not wrong and I don't see how your description makes me wrong. They really don't give a shit as long as they can find ways to twist the situation in their favor. It was never going to be a straight-up "you win, I lose" situation like the person I quoted was saying.
    Again you're wrong and the guy you quoted was actually right. Although I don't think it will happen in quite the way he described it, if Shioon does manage to wake up then it should be obvious that the Doc will admit his defeat. If you think that he would just ignore it and keep fighting then you are either not reading this very closely or you need help with reading comprehension. Of course they are both looking to twist the situation in their favor, but that doesn't mean either of them is about to completely disregard the terms of the duel Shioon had with the Doc. Glasses dude no doubt doesn't give a shit, but if you think Shik would go back on his word once Shioon breaks out of his acupuncture then you are lost my friend.
    Last edited by jacoobus; July 06, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

  17. #59
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    You ^^ are coming off like a jackass, I just hope you know that.

    Also this quote of yours:

    Quote Quote:
    but he didn't say he would stop Kwon or anyone from the Sunwoo clan from getting in the way
    For someone coming off saying others are wrong, this is illogical thinking on your part. When have you seen two individuals square up against one another, proceed in calling out each other to a duel and then allowing others to step in? Makes absolutely no sense.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

  18. #60
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jyothir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I pay more for my car parking, than for where I live.
    Country
    Lithuania
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Breaker Re: The Breaker : New Waves 123 Discussion/ 124 Predictions

    From Sik's perspective, he showed to Know the state Shioon was - subdued. Even if Shioon breaks out after that, the duel was already over, by Sunwoo arriving. From more fun and relaxed reading it would be fun to read a manhwa where we know the main character will beat everyone and all will be good - not so with this series. I feel that I can't predict what will happen next. And this is authors intention maybe. Like is this the one main big even this year? or will there be another one with some SUC folks? Are the manhwa authors taking a break in the summer? If so then maybe in a few chapters we will see some salvation and have some summer break maybe... and then some other action will take place.

    Even if Shioon would wake up, and say "Dont kill Sik", To follow the rule "Follow sik without a single word", In Kwon shoes I would just make Sik as a pet in cage and drag him to the Sunwoo base, so "Shioon would follow Sik without a single word to the Sunwoo base"

    Well I feel worried about Shioon. Doesn't feel so much that author wants to just let him to win. We are seeing a lot of action before the finish - thats definite.

    If Kwon pushed back Sik, he should be near Shioon right now. I hope Kwon will make sure to secure, and keep Shioons safety at this point, and let the rest of the Sunwoo clan to come over to secure the Gaju. And he will not continue fighting not securing the Gaju first... becouse some dude like Blind Guy (previously glasses guy), could place a knife or gun against Gaju as a hostage and demand everyone on their knees. But then again Kwons fast movement should surpass even this...

    Anyway I hope the authors will bring us whatever necessary to show what they wanted, what are the ideas they want to show us through these series, and we shouldn't attach to our own expected conclusions over it. The major factors now are: Sunwoo clan is strong and could do a lot now, but if Shioon wakes up he can totaly say "I lost let me go to my cage handed by Sik"
    Last edited by Jyothir; July 06, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts