Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Silver Spoon

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver Spoon

Silver Spoon

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jun 29, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Fuji TV, Aniplex of AmericaL
    Genres: Comedy, School, Shounen, Slice of Life

Opening: "kiss you" by miwa
    Ending: "Hello Especially" by Sukima Switch

Synopsis
    Yugo Hachiken dreams of life separated from his family, so he takes the initiative by enrolling in an agriculture school. He thinks, with his talent in studying, no problems will arise no matter what kind of school he attends. He is proven wrong very quickly. Raised as a city boy, he is forced to uncover the inconvenient truth about agricultural life. Enjoy the story of Hachiken, as he tries to keep up with his new friends, farmers' heirs, who are already accustomed to the harsh world of farming. With no clear goals or understanding of farming life, how will Hachiken survive this new, cruel reality? The story of a sweat, tear, and mud-stained youth begins!
    Last edited by Skyguardian; June 28, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Silver Spoon

Pretty good episodes I like the characters and the interactions are great. What is surprising is that the MC didn't even know eggs come out from chicken's anuses. Is it uncommon to know that when we don't work in a farm in Japan?
    Last edited by Demonspeed; July 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about Japan, but definitely not common knowledge in the States

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this anime looks interesting ill watch episode 1 today

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall very well done, another good anime this season. A-1 did a nice job; the animation was very good, the color scheme excellent, the character design was translated well. Kimura Ryouhei was very good as Hachiken.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Pretty good episodes I like the characters and the interactions are great.
    I agree, it was a very interesting first episode.

Quote Quote:
    What is surprising is that the MC didn't even know eggs come out from chicken's anuses. Is it uncommon to know that when we don't work in a farm in Japan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Don't know about Japan, but definitely not common knowledge in the States
    This is what Hachiken’s classmate tried to explain ^^:
    Spoiler show

I was aware of that info but I just put it waaaaaaaaay in the back of my mind so that I could eat eggs easily, in other words, I wanted to avoid what happened to Hachiken in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Overall very well done, another good anime this season. A-1 did a nice job; the animation was very good, the color scheme excellent, the character design was translated well. Kimura Ryouhei was very good as Hachiken.
    I agree. It was a very good episode. There were various one-liners that were priceless! Like:

"How can something so tasty come out of an anus?! Chickens are amazing!" - Hachiken

The first day at a new school is usually eventful; but Hachiken had a very, very eventful first day. Life on the farm is not easy and that is something Hachi learned very quickly.

I like how Hachiken’s school is not your typical high school, and I’m curious about the real reasons why Hachiken decided to attend that school, I wonder why he didn’t want to stay at his home in Saporo.

I’m looking forward to the next episode!

P.S. The headless chicken was…disturbing and funny at the same time. And…I didn’t know they liked to eat raw eggs with rice in Japan…
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Silver Spoon. To be honest, I've heard of the manga for a while now but I never really wanted to try it. Why? Because obviously I'm not that much into slice of life especially when it's about agriculture and stuff like that. And I might be one of the few that never really wanted to try it just because it was one of Arawaka's work.

Anyways after seeing the summer planning and the few animes worth watching, I decided to try it out and man what a surprise. This show is really enjoyable.

It's simple, the plot is well structured and it's more interesting than I expected it to be.

The opening completely suits the show as well as the ending who's just magical. The jokes are really simple yet so effective and Hachiken is growing as a character.

Now let's comment about episode 2. I found it way better than the first one. The jokes were simply better especially the Holstein Club.

''Oh Nice Tits. Nice waist line. Dat Ass.'' And here i thought they were perverts hahaha what was my surprise when i saw that the magazine was all about cows. Are we all dirty minded or what This Holstein club will definitively be funny!

Tokiwa's grade made me laugh so much. '' Hachiken Hachicken, I did so good on the math quizz!'' ,''It's my first double digit ever'' but the ''I told you before, do not understand my stupidity'' just killed me.

The joke about Inada's potential to be beautiful was on point as well.

But the best was definitively when Hachiken thought he would be riding his horse with Mikage next to him while having a blast. Poor guy, cleaning horse's poop wasn't what he had in mind when joining the club.

All in all, a very enjoyable second episode! This might definitively be my favorite show of this summer!

I learned my lesson! Never underestimate the slice of life's anime, you might be surprised!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    It's simple, the plot is well structured and it's more interesting than I expected it to be.
    I agree, the series is enjoyable and interesting. You learn a new thing with every episode.

Quote Quote:
    The opening completely suits the show as well as the ending who's just magical.
    About the ending…it sounded very familiar so I did a little research and it turns out that the band behind the ending is Sukima Switch. They were the ones behind “Golden Time Lover”, the third opening of FMAB. No wonder they sounded so familiar!
    Quote Quote:
    The jokes are really simple yet so effective and Hachiken is growing as a character.
    I agree. And I’m really curious about Hachi’s past, it seems he had a hard time during Junior High.

Quote Quote:
    ''Oh Nice Tits. Nice waist line. Dat Ass.'' And here i thought they were perverts hahaha what was my surprise when i saw that the magazine was all about cows. Are we all dirty minded or what This Holstein club will definitively be funny!
    Those guys really like cows!

Quote Quote:
    Tokiwa's grade made me laugh so much. '' Hachiken Hachicken, I did so good on the math quizz!'' ,''It's my first double digit ever'' but the ''I told you before, do not understand my stupidity'' just killed me.
    For a moment there I really thought he had gotten a decent grade but then…I saw the grade and I had the same reaction as Hachiken.

Quote Quote:
    The joke about Inada's potential to be beautiful was on point as well.
    Those siblings are so different!!

And Egg-sensei is the principal!! Maybe I’m wrong but I think he was able to notice Hachi’s hidden potential thru that short conversation that he had with Hachi.

It was an enjoyable episode and I’m looking forward to the next ep.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That Pizza! I can command pizzas but I would want to eat a pizza with the best ingredients like them but with another cheese than gouda. Nakajima-sensei is really not behaving like Buddha. Best episode so far. 10/10 for me.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    About the ending…it sounded very familiar so I did a little research and it turns out that the band behind the ending is Sukima Switch. They were the ones behind “Golden Time Lover”, the third opening of FMAB. No wonder they sounded so familiar!
    Yeah i discovered that too, that band is talented!

Quote Quote:
    I agree. And I’m really curious about Hachi’s past, it seems he had a hard time during Junior High.
    We're learning more about that as the episodes go on, we've got a little bit of hints in the 4th episode.

Quote Quote:
    Those guys really like cows!
    I know, did you see their faces haha

Quote Quote:
    For a moment there I really thought he had gotten a decent grade but then…I saw the grade and I had the same reaction as Hachiken.
    We really got trolled.

That Pizza! I can command pizzas but I would want to eat a pizza with the best ingredients like them but with another cheese than gouda. Nakajima-sensei is really not behaving like Buddha. Best episode so far. 10/10 for me.
    Yeah, i really enjoyed this episode. The atmosphere, the fun, the story and we've got a little insight about Hachiken's old self so it was definitively the best episode so far.

What really made me laugh was when the guy said : ''I heard they can order pizza in the city and get it delivered in 30 minutes''. This definitively made me laugh because the look on his face was so priceless.

Also, everyone's evil laugh when they were eating pizza was just amazing. I couldn't stop laughing!

I'm really curious to what happened to Hachiken's in the past and to what will happen to him in the future. He's getting closer to Mikage as well.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best episode so far. 10/10 for me.
    I agree, episode 4 was great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Yeah i discovered that too, that band is talented!
    It really is! I wonder if other bands/singers that participated in FMAB will participate in GNS as well. FMAB did have some awesome OPs and EDs.

Quote Quote:
    We're learning more about that as the episodes go on, we've got a little bit of hints in the 4th episode.
    We’re learning more and more about Hachi’s past with each episode and judging by what we have learned so far, it seems his life before Ozoono (his new school) was very sad; moreover, it seems he has a terrible relationship with his parents.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, i really enjoyed this episode. The atmosphere, the fun, the story and we've got a little insight about Hachiken's old self so it was definitively the best episode so far.
    It was an amazing episode. It was fun, it was touching (I liked how everyone worked together and had fun together), it helped move the plot, it focused on the story as well as on the characters, it was a great episode indeed.

Episode 6

Another good episode! I especially liked this episode because it focused on one of my favorite characters from this series, it focused on Komaba. He is great! He is a simple guy full of dreams, but there is something in how much he loves and cares about his family that I find very endearing and commendable. And wow!! Komaba’s mom and even his little sisters work very hard to run their farm.

During this episode we also got to see that Hachi doesn’t have the best relationship with his parents since he decided to stay at Mikage’s farm rather than return home for the summer break. He didn’t even want to call home, he just sent his mom (I assume it was his mom) a text explaining that he had decided to work part-time at Mikage’s farm and that he wouldn’t be coming home for the break.

Last but not least, we got to see Hachi butchering a deer. I understood why Hachi was so reluctant to cut that deer into pieces, I would have felt the same way as Hachi if I were in his position. It wasn’t an easy thing for him to do but he gathered all of his courage and determination and managed to do it in the end.

Looking forward to the next ep!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hachiken's brother sounded so familiar, it was driving me nuts all episode. He was voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki, the VA who played Kamina. He did Shingo's voice almost exactly as he did Kamina's too.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So, will Hachiken eat Pork Bowl or not? I liked when the teacher said he was a foreign body. His honesty, even it was brutal sometimes is one of the reason why the show is so good. Not everyone could act like that in his situation.

---------- Post added September 13, 2013 at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was September 07, 2013 at 04:20 PM ----------

Tokiwa is sooooooo dumb . Hachiken killed two birds with one stone. He found how to spend his money and ate Pork Bowl. Great episode focused on Hachi and his pet with drama and comedy. Hachiken is a farm boy now, but the one with the greatest problem is Aikawa.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to miss Gin no Saji! Season one was very good, funny, and easy to relate to. I'm glad it was a split cour, I'll be looking forward to S2.

New Reply