Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Monogatari Series: Second Season

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monogatari Series: Second Season

Episode 26 :

Okay guys, my jaw dropped... If someone else can help me to get it back.

Nice episode but this ending, I don't want to spoil you for once but one word can summarize it :

Wow !
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, fantastic final episode! Absolutely fantastic.

The ending was perfect too. Couldn't have asked for any better.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nooooo, how could Kaiki die? No doubt, it was a great episode, but damn I will miss that scamster.....

So Ougi is responsible for all this mess, she's the one responsible for Hajikuji's death and now Kaiki. Kill her Araragi, please No doubt she's going to be the final enemy he has to face. Better sooner than later, I fear more people will die

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaiki is awesome. He convinced a god to sacrifice her own divinity, one of the greatest moments in the series. I figured he'd die. He had to sacrifice himself to save Araragi and Senjougahara. He died in there place. Swindling gods out of their godhood has to have consequences.

Ougi can't really help it. She isn't even an oddity. She's a void who exists to ensure that all things fulfill their proper (spiritual?) role. Shinobu the Vampire was immitating a Kami, Ougi attempted to devour her. The town was out of balance without a Kami, she found Sengoku to fill the roll. Hachiikuji was a lost snail who wasn't lost anymore. Kaiki was killed for, presumably, convincing a god to sacrifice it's own divinity. Enemy might not be the right word for her. She's only responsible in so much as she is fulfilling the purpose of her existence. Based on the message Ononoki relayed to Kaiki, Gaen seems to think that the town is out of balance. I am curious how Araragi deals with her. She's the dominant figure of Monogatari Series: Final Season. There will ultimately be three novels about her; Owarimonogatari (Jou), Owarimonogatari (Chuu), and Owarimonogatari (Ge). Jou came out in October, Chuu comes out at the end of January. Ge is not yet scheduled. Jou is the third book of Final Season. Tsukimonogatari (about Ononoki), Koyomongatari (a short story collection) is second.

News broke that Hanamonogatari will be "produced" in 2014. No word when it will air. The official name will be Monogatari Series: Second Season +a. Still no date for Kizumonogatari.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 29, 2013 at 05:46 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

How many guys can be that calculative during the very final moments of their lives? I doubt there are many of them, but Kaiki was certainly one.
    An epic epilogue to the season. In my subjective opinion, no other character has dominated a story arc this much in Monogatari, not at least this way. That's, considering Kaiki wasn't like Araragi, who almost always ended up being in the center of whatever happened thanks to his personality. Neither the story he narrated was of his concern in the first place. He came into the frame, developed it by himself and put the ending words by himself.
    Not a thriller, since Kaiki was never a thrilling man to begin with, but an enthralling end that fits Kaiki's character more than everything else.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Kaiki is awesome. He convinced a god to sacrifice her own divinity, one of the greatest moments in the series. I figured he'd die. He had to sacrifice himself to save Araragi and Senjougahara. He died in there place. Swindling gods out of their godhood has to have consequences.

Ougi can't really help it. She isn't even an oddity. She's a void who exists to ensure that all things fulfill their proper (spiritual?) role. Shinobu the Vampire was immitating a Kami, Ougi attempted to devour her. The town was out of balance without a Kami, she found Sengoku to fill the roll. Hachiikuji was a lost snail who wasn't lost anymore. Kaiki was killed for, presumably, convincing a god to sacrifice it's own divinity. Enemy might not be the right word for her. She's only responsible in so much as she is fulfilling the purpose of her existence. Based on the message Ononoki relayed to Kaiki, Gaen seems to think that the town is out of balance. I am curious how Araragi deals with her. She's the dominant figure of Monogatari Series: Final Season. There will ultimately be three novels about her; Owarimonogatari (Jou), Owarimonogatari (Chuu), and Owarimonogatari (Ge). Jou came out in October, Chuu comes out at the end of January. Ge is not yet scheduled. Jou is the third book of Final Season. Tsukimonogatari (about Ononoki), Koyomongatari (a short story collection) is second.

News broke that Hanamonogatari will be "produced" in 2014. No word when it will air. The official name will be Monogatari Series: Second Season +a. Still no date for Kizumonogatari.
    I laughed hard when he asked her if she wants to become a mangaka Classic Nisio, that whole part was great. I feared he would die, but not by getting indirectly killed by Ougi. I'm not convinced she's just fulfilling her purpose, as it's still not all that clear what she actually is. What was the point of creating a god no one knows, and who has no interest in anybody else? Why does the town need a new god in the first place? Not to mention that Gaen obviously works against her, and if both think the town is out of balance one has to be wrong. What I'm questioning is if Ougi only is some kind of omnipotent being who only follows her purpose, or if she actually has emotions/her own goals. That's what I'm not sure about, and I don't think it has been clarified yet.

That being said, I really look forward to whatever comes next. With Nisio working on the final season it seems like a good opportunity to finally release the Kizumonogatari movie, like in 2015. I would highly prefer the movie getting released after Hanamonogatari, and then the final season in one or two two-cour seasons, depending on how much material they need to cover.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I laughed hard when he asked her if she wants to become a mangaka Classic Nisio, that whole part was great. I feared he would die, but not by getting indirectly killed by Ougi.
    I half expected Nadeko to kill him, for lying.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not convinced she's just fulfilling her purpose, as it's still not all that clear what she actually is. What was the point of creating a god no one knows, and who has no interest in anybody else? Why does the town need a new god in the first place? Not to mention that Gaen obviously works against her, and if both think the town is out of balance one has to be wrong. What I'm questioning is if Ougi only is some kind of omnipotent being who only follows her purpose, or if she actually has emotions/her own goals. That's what I'm not sure about, and I don't think it has been clarified yet.
    Gaen knows everything. I am going to accept her word as truth. Gaen might not be working against Ougi so much as she found Nadeko to be an unacceptable Kami. She did not try and save Hachikuji. Instead she explained the situation, allowing Hachikuji to make the right decision. Hachikuji could not spend eternity on the run. Gaen knew Hachikuji would choose to pass on, rather than face obliteration. Gaen does know everything.

I am sure Ougi is only acting on instinct, fulfilling her role in the universe. It better fits the story. There have never been a true villain in Monogatari. Oddities can not be evil, by nature. They have no malice, they only act in accordance with their own nature. Oddities are summoned by people anyway, to fulfill a wish. Senjougahara wished to be relieved of the burden of her past. The crab found her, relieving her of her burden, and her weight. Agaragi wanted to avoid his family, he found Hachikuji, the lost snail, who led him away from home. Passive Hanekawa needed a way to relieve stress, and was able to find the cat. Ougi should not be any different, even if technically she is not an oddity. She has a purpose, a reason to exist, and can only act in accordance with her own nature. Araragi will have to create conditions under which she can leave. Gaen hinted at this. The void disappeared when Shinobu fled to Antarctica. Shinobu was no longer a fake kami, restoring balance. After Hachikuji passed on, the void stopped chasing Araragi and Shinobu. Ougi has not left because something else is out of balance in their town.

A town needs a Kami, that's how Shinto works. There has to be a spirit watching over the people. Based on what Ononoki said to Kaiki (IIRC), the lack of Kami was the reason so many oddities were congregating in their town.

Quote Quote:
    That being said, I really look forward to whatever comes next. With Nisio working on the final season it seems like a good opportunity to finally release the Kizumonogatari movie, like in 2015. I would highly prefer the movie getting released after Hanamonogatari, and then the final season in one or two two-cour seasons, depending on how much material they need to cover.
    Hopefully 2014. It was originally supposed to come out in 2011. Koyomi Vamp is one of the arcs I am most excited about.

Monogatari will be another six books, like season one and two. The second book, Koyomonogatari is a collection of side stories. They could end up being animated separately. I expect another two cour anime, adapting Tsukimonogatari and the four Owarimonogatari volumes (the last book will be titled Zoku-Owarimonogatari). Who knows when that will be. Nishi has been working pretty slowly. After Owarimonogatari (Ge) in January, there will only be two volumes left. Final Season could potentially end in 2014, with an anime in 2015.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Kaiki asked my biggest question: where is Meme? What is he doing, why did he leave things up to the kids? Why is Ougi using the name Oshino, calling herself his niece? What connection do they have?

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn you Ougi... My favourite character... Gone... Noooooooooooo!

Anyway epic final for a great season. The whole dialogue between Kaiki and Nadeko was great. Who would've thought that Nadekos own Manga were in the closet...
    For a moment I thought that Araragi would do something stupid though... Well I really can't wait for the final season. Ougi has to pay!

Am I wrong when I think that Ougi is the void? If it was mentioned somewhere I definitely forgot it...

Final Score: 8,5/10

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished marathoning this series, just to see it end (momentairly) with the death of the most awesome character of this show, at least for me....that sucks....
    But I agree with you all, definitely an awesome ending for this awesome anime, which I'm glad to have watched.
    Now, however, I already want another season, just to know more about that Ougi bitch, who (which) is definitely that Darkness thingy...
    Oh well, the movie will be my consolation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Netorare's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

kaiki ist the narrator of koimonogatari/hitagi end.
    how can he tell a story when he is dead?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netorare View Post
    kaiki ist the narrator of koimonogatari/hitagi end.
    how can he tell a story when he is dead?
    The story was told in the present tense, ending when he died. He was alive when he narrated the story. The story ended with his last thoughts, as he lay dying, before Araragi briefly resumed narration.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Netorare's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe you should look in the episode 26 thread @myanimelist, of course it's a spoiler

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Monogatari Novel Spoilers show

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6