Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Question about hollowfication

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about hollowfication

I have question about hollowfication:
    Since "Hollowfication is the act of inserting a Hollow's soul into a normal soul, then breaking the boundary between them to try and turn the original soul into something more powerful."(bleach wiki) what happens to soul(mind of soul) that is inserted into original soul(hollow soul that was inserted into shinigami soul), does it vanish ?
    http://iketeru.myminicity.com to see my little city

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about hollowfication

Well, in ichigo's case it did seem white turned into his zampakuto.... Perhaps in the case of normal shinigami the hollow in question also fuses with the zampakuto or perhaps it remains as a separate entity which holds hollow powers. The vizards were almost taken over by their hollows at some point, they even went through the same training as ichigo, so it makes sense the inner hollows would remain in some form as part of the power of the shinigami in question. It did not seem like white had intellect of his own per say before being fused to ichigo so perhaps the point can be made that they acquire proper intellect only after fusing with a proper shinigami so to speak.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

But if I am not mistaken "white" self-destructed(remember that hollow IS corrupted SOUL) and "white" inside of her was manifestation of infection(at least that's what I think). Also did hollow part of Masaki vanish after Ichigo was born ?(become normal quincy) If not than it would mean that hollow can clone itself when infecting someone.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not HOLLOW being inserted, but Hollow's reiryoku. I don't think you could insert Grimmjow to someone's soul... xd That's why every Hollow manifests differently, that's why Shirosaki is so similar to Ichigo. It's not particular Hollow that is inserted, but reiryoku that gives birth to Hollow side. Why did Masaki have her Hollow after giving birth? Because she just gave Ichigo part of Hollow's reiryoku. That's what being a fullbringer is all about. Hollow's reiryoku is inside their mother's womb until they're born. Then that reiryoku manifests as fullbring. In Shinigami's case, in Hollow side.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually when Urahara was explaing "soul suicide" he said that: "hollow soul is injected into normal soul, so that the normal soul can attain an exponential upgrade in strength and power."

On the other hand it was confirmed by aizen and tosen that "white" is DEAD it just infected Masaki with hollowfication "virus" before it's death.

I can't find any info about what happens to soul that is injected why only normal soul gets stronger instead of both ? I don't think inner hollow is "white"

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Culaio View Post
    Actually when Urahara was explaing "soul suicide" he said that: "hollow soul is injected into normal soul, so that the normal soul can attain an exponential upgrade in strength and power."
    It's still a soul, but what counts is it's reiryoku. It lifts the limit of shinigami. Hollow side always reflects owner's soul, so I guess that that soul's self dissappears, as it is connected to the body it resided in.

About that upgrade. I always thought of it like that:

Shinigami can use particular power, and particular amount of it. Hollow can use different power, and the same amount of it.
    It's like Shinigami was a "plus" and Hollow a "minus". Hollows are using ONLY "negative" energy, Shinigamis are using ONLY "positive" energy. Getting reiryoku from a Hollow makes them able to use "negative" and "positive" energy, so they are much more powerful, as they can use much more energy.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It does makes sense, since when creator of zanpaktou was talking about "white" he said that it merged with Ichigo's shinigami POWER not soul, it looks like he meant hollow power not soul merged with Ichigo's shinigami power(since WHY would hollow soul merge with shinigami power >_>).
    Last edited by Culaio; June 29, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Culaio View Post

On the other hand it was confirmed by aizen and tosen that "white" is DEAD it just infected Masaki with hollowfication "virus" before it's death.

I can't find any info about what happens to soul that is injected why only normal soul gets stronger instead of both ? I don't think inner hollow is "white"
    And by "virus", it's suggested that the infection actually produces a copy of White. Here's my theory on White's life cycle...

First a White Hollow targets a soul (usually a Shinigami) and infects it with an Asauchi-like parasite. This parasite, which is a Hollow itself, fuses with the Shinigami's powers and hijacks them; this is acheived by the parasitic Hollow essentially carrying the same function as an Asauchi. As the host Shinigami draws out the Zanpakutou's powers, this allows the parasite to begin controlling their soul, which in turn allows the parasite to control their body too. As a result of this, the host Shinigami begins to transform into another White Hollow. Once the transformation is complete, the cycle begins again.

So really we have 2 types of Hollow working together; the "larval" White Hollow which behaves like an Asauchi and is a pure Hollow, and the "adult" White Hollow which is the result of the former taking over and transforming a host Shinigami (this adult form has the ability to infect its target host with the larval form).

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    It's still a soul, but what counts is it's reiryoku. It lifts the limit of shinigami. Hollow side always reflects owner's soul, so I guess that that soul's self dissappears, as it is connected to the body it resided in.

About that upgrade. I always thought of it like that:

Shinigami can use particular power, and particular amount of it. Hollow can use different power, and the same amount of it.
    It's like Shinigami was a "plus" and Hollow a "minus". Hollows are using ONLY "negative" energy, Shinigamis are using ONLY "positive" energy. Getting reiryoku from a Hollow makes them able to use "negative" and "positive" energy, so they are much more powerful, as they can use much more energy.
    The way I see things is that the "larval" White is like an Asauchi, so it adopts its personality from its host. However, I believe its instincts that drive it are controlled by its Hollow persona; in other words, although Ichigo's inner Hollow takes its personality from Ichigo, its subconscious intent is still to infect Ichigo, transform him into an adult White Hollow, and continue spreading the White infection.

The way I see the upgrade is that the "larval" White not only gains control of the host Shinigami's power, but can use it along with its own powers that it has by default as a Hollow (e.g. Cero .etc.). The larval White may also "tweak" the host's powers in order to create Shinigami/Hollow hybrid attacks; an example of this is the black Getsuga Tenshou, which takes on the form of a normal Getsuga Tenshou, but also has properties of a Cero Obscuras (as stated by Ulquiorra).
    Last edited by Lee.J.Baxter; July 02, 2013 at 04:13 AM.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    And by "virus", it's suggested that the infection actually produces a copy of White. Here's my theory on White's life cycle...

First a White Hollow targets a soul (usually a Shinigami) and infects it with an Asauchi-like parasite. This parasite, which is a Hollow itself, fuses with the Shinigami's powers and hijacks them; this is acheived by the parasitic Hollow essentially carrying the same function as an Asauchi. As the host Shinigami draws out the Zanpakutou's powers, this allows the parasite to begin controlling their soul, which in turn allows the parasite to control their body too. As a result of this, the host Shinigami begins to transform into another White Hollow. Once the transformation is complete, the cycle begins again.

So really we have 2 types of Hollow working together; the "larval" White Hollow which behaves like an Asauchi and is a pure Hollow, and the "adult" White Hollow which is the result of the former taking over and transforming a host Shinigami (this adult form has the ability to infect its target host with the larval form).

The way I see things is that the "larval" White is like an Asauchi, so it adopts its personality from its host. However, I believe its instincts that drive it are controlled by its Hollow persona; in other words, although Ichigo's inner Hollow takes its personality from Ichigo, its subconscious intent is still to infect Ichigo, transform him into an adult White Hollow, and continue spreading the White infection.

The way I see the upgrade is that the "larval" White not only gains control of the host Shinigami's power, but can use it along with its own powers that it has by default as a Hollow (e.g. Cero .etc.). The larval White may also "tweak" the host's powers in order to create Shinigami/Hollow hybrid attacks; an example of this is the black Getsuga Tenshou, which takes on the form of a normal Getsuga Tenshou, but also has properties of a Cero Obscuras (as stated by Ulquiorra).
    Actually, nothing says, that White's purpose is making MORE Whitey's. It's called "Targeted Hollowfication" so I have to disagree. White's infection injects Hollow reiryoku to target in order to develop Hollowfication in particular Shinigami. That's what happenned with Masaki. She wasn't transforming into White. She was Hollowfying, becoming a hybrid. And fusing reiryoku with original reiatsu explains almost everything we saw so far. For example black GT being similar to Cero. White was something like Asauchi until now, but he is shown as Ichigo's non-Quincy powers. If White was only Asauchi, there wouldn't be Shirosaki. White acted as Asauchi but fused with Zangetsu (real one) was his Shinigami powers.

New Reply