Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 219

Thread: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Nagato didn't do all he did because of Obito, he did it all because he had his own plans for the Bijuus. All Obito did was take the spoils after Nagato had been killed.

    Couldn't hurt? Obito made it quite clear that Itachi could have easily killed him, and was scared enough that he wouldn't even move against Konoha or Sasuke til after Itachi had died.
    He was scared? You're exaggerating, pal.

    And obito was talking about the amaterasu trap. Those was the time he admitted that itachi could almost killed him if he didn't have his secrets.

  2. #32
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    well itachi can own obito as well. Kakashi is only fighting on par with obito because he discovered the flaw in obito's jutsu.


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  3. #33
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight
    Itachi's case is closed, considering Obito admitted his inferiority to Itachi.
    Link?

    Unless you're gonna post that page when he says "Now that Itachi's gone my plans can go unopposed." In which case you're wrong, and don't bother. This implies that Itachi could impede his plans. NOT that he was superior to him.

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Link?

    Unless you're gonna post that page when he says "Now that Itachi's gone my plans can go unopposed." In which case you're wrong, and don't bother. This implies that Itachi could impede his plans. NOT that he was superior to him.
    Don't know how many times will I provide this link, but here you go :
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-402-12...apter-397.html

  5. #35
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Itachi did nothing for Obito other than delay his plans. Obito didn't gain a single advantage for keeping Itachi alive. Itachi was absolutely useless, therefore he was completely replacable for Obito. Seeing how the story progressed so far, Obito had no reason to keep Itachi alive. If he was certain that he could take him out, he would have done it for sure.

    Why keep Itachi alive?
    • Capture Bijuus? Did Itachi capture a Bijuu on his own for Akatsuki? Was he the only one in Akatsuki who could capture a Bijuu?
    • Seal Bijuus? Was he the only one in Akatsuki who could do this?
    • Sasuke? What did Sasuke achieve for Akatsuki what other members couldn't? Notice that Obito wanted to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi in this arc and till now everything what Sasuke did was to deliver a tentacle of the Hachibi.

    I can't think of a single reason why he would keep Itachi alive, if he could take him on. Itachi wins 20 times out of 10. Yes, you read it right. 20 wins for Itachi in 10 fights, lolz.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #36
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,023
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    The only thing Itachi would need to worry about Obito is Kamui. He would also figure out Kamui's mechanics in, at least, half the time Kakashi did it. I imagine he'd also come up fast with a strategy to render it useless. All that aside from the fact that Obito was afraid of him to the point he considered himself dead, if they ever crossed fists.

  8. #37
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Itachi did nothing for Obito other than delay his plans. Obito didn't gain a single advantage for keeping Itachi alive. Itachi was absolutely useless, therefore he was completely replacable for Obito. Seeing how the story progressed so far, Obito had no reason to keep Itachi alive. If he was certain that he could take him out, he would have done it for sure.

    Why keep Itachi alive?
    • Capture Bijuus? Did Itachi capture a Bijuu on his own for Akatsuki? Was he the only one in Akatsuki who could capture a Bijuu?
    • Seal Bijuus? Was he the only one in Akatsuki who could do this?
    • Sasuke? What did Sasuke achieve for Akatsuki what other members couldn't? Notice that Obito wanted to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi in this arc and till now everything what Sasuke did was to deliver a tentacle of the Hachibi.

    I can't think of a single reason why he would keep Itachi alive, if he could take him on. Itachi wins 20 times out of 10. Yes, you read it right. 20 wins for Itachi in 10 fights, lolz.
    Sasuke was likely the reason why Tobi kept Itachi alive, and what made Itachi think of a backup plan to take out Tobi. Chances are that Tobi thought fighting Itachi would come at a great cost to him, considering Itachi's intellect and combat abilities, and as long as Itachi didn't hinder the operation... why risk it? Considering Izanagi and even Kamui, it's hard to believe Itachi would have won, though I could believe Tobi would beat Itachi at great expense.

  9. #38
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    He was scared? You're exaggerating, pal.

    And obito was talking about the amaterasu trap. Those was the time he admitted that itachi could almost killed him if he didn't have his secrets.
    Why else would he hold back from attacking Konoha and going after Sasuke? He outright admitted that Itachi stood in his way and was the reason they were off-limits.

    The Amaterasu trap is a regular shot of Amaterasu, something Itachi is fully capable of doing upon his own.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke was likely the reason why Tobi kept Itachi alive, and what made Itachi think of a backup plan to take out Tobi. Chances are that Tobi thought fighting Itachi would come at a great cost to him, considering Itachi's intellect and combat abilities, and as long as Itachi didn't hinder the operation... why risk it? Considering Izanagi and even Kamui, it's hard to believe Itachi would have won, though I could believe Tobi would beat Itachi at great expense.
    But Itachi being alive was the reason Obito couldn't go after Sasuke sooner. And don't forget that Izanagi would have been useless against Itachi since he had Izanami. Kamui would be dangerous, but if ninjas like Konan, Fuu, and Torune can figure it out, Itachi definitely could have come up with a plan against it.

  10. #39
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke was likely the reason why Tobi kept Itachi alive, and what made Itachi think of a backup plan to take out Tobi. Chances are that Tobi thought fighting Itachi would come at a great cost to him, considering Itachi's intellect and combat abilities, and as long as Itachi didn't hinder the operation... why risk it? Considering Izanagi and even Kamui, it's hard to believe Itachi would have won, though I could believe Tobi would beat Itachi at great expense.
    If someone wants to make me believe Sasuke was the reason why Obito didn't mess with Itachi, he has to give me some good arguments why Sasuke was that much important, unique and irreplaceable for Obito. Are there any good arguments? Sasuke only delivered a tentacle of the Hachibi, that is not something only Sasuke was capable of. Sasuke did nothing more. And we have proof that Obito wanted to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi after the Juubi revived. Which means that Sasuke didn't play that much of an important role in Obito's plans.

    Once more, Itachi being alive was unprofitable for Obito. His plans were delayed and he didn't gain a single benefit. Many thought that Sasuke would play a major role in Obito's plans, but that was proven wrong the instant Obito wanted to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi and all Sasuke did so far for Obito was delivering the Hachibi tentacle.

    Why wouldn't Itachi win? Because of Izanagi? Because of Kamui? Look at Obito's performance throughout the manga. Nearly every opponent hit him one way or the other, it's not even funny considering he has a space/time Jutsu, intangibility and Izanagi. Itachi was only hit once in the manga if I recall. It was only Obito's great luck that he didn't face a shinobi with legendary weapons, Izanami, Clones he won't notice, Tsukuyomi and so on. If Obito gets hit in a fight against Itachi, he will be a goner. He was already hit by opponents far weaker than Itachi. If they can hit Obito, you can be sure that Itachi can do the same. And Itachi won't infect him with nano insects or cut an arm of him. No, he will seal him with the Totsuka Sword or trap him in Izanami, where Obito will have a lot of time thinking about how dumb he was doing the shit he did because of a mere crush and why the hell he challenged a prodigy of the Uchiha Clan.
    Last edited by syx; June 30, 2013 at 04:49 PM.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #40
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Sasuke supose to have been Nagato's replacement. Basically, Obito was going to use Sasuke to revive Madara... That's seem like a good reason.

  13. #41
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Sasuke was recruited before Nagato's defeat/death. So this point is actually moot, since Obito was also surprised that Nagato betrayed him and used Rinne Tensei on Konohagakure.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  14. #42
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by syx
    Itachi did nothing for Obito other than delay his plans. Obito didn't gain a single advantage for keeping Itachi alive. Itachi was absolutely useless, therefore he was completely replacable for Obito. Seeing how the story progressed so far, Obito had no reason to keep Itachi alive. If he was certain that he could take him out, he would have done it for sure.
    Did nothing for him?

    He recruited Deidara, one of their most powerful members. And he did it easily.

    Quote Quote:
    •Capture Bijuus? Did Itachi capture a Bijuu on his own for Akatsuki? Was he the only one in Akatsuki who could capture a Bijuu?
    There's no reason at all why he should limit his amount of able subordinates. He had other members who could capture bijuu, but why not have multiple so that multiple bijuu could be captured at the same time, shortening the wait? He didn't need to capture one on his own to be a help either. He could give information that allows the others to capture one, or simply aid another member. Why do you think he was sent with Kisame (didn't choose, was sent) to capture Naruto?

    Because he had the strongest Bijuu, and because Itachi had first-hand knowledge of the village. Obito was still hiding his identity and couldn't simply wander into the village at this point as Tobi, since he was Deidara's partner.

    Quote Quote:
    •Seal Bijuus? Was he the only one in Akatsuki who could do this?
    It took the combined chakras of EVERY Akatsuki member to pull off removing a Bijuu from it's host and place it into the Gedo Mazo. If Itachi had left, someone else would've needed to cover his spot, and it isn't like they have an over-abundance of S-rank missing nin they could recruit.

    Quote Quote:
    •Sasuke? What did Sasuke achieve for Akatsuki what other members couldn't? Notice that Obito wanted to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi in this arc and till now everything what Sasuke did was to deliver a tentacle of the Hachibi.
    It was what he was intended to be: either a sacrifice to revive Madara (assumption), or he would be the one with the 6 paths technique that Obito is using, as he states in he manga that he had planned on fusing Sasuke with the Gedo Mazo. Itachi likely didn't have the stamina for something like this, or was simply more of a threat than Sasuke. Though I doubt that's the reason as if he had chosen Sasuke Itachi would've attacked him anyway...

    Ofcourse this is based on what happens after Nagato is dead. Before Nagato's death Obito already had an entire mausoleum full of Sharingan so he likely wanted Sasuke's aswell. Sasuke's is the last one out there he can gain access to. Why ignore them when he could get to them via Itachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight
    Don't know how many times will I provide this link, but here you go :
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-402-12...apter-397.html
    Then do yourself a favor, since it proves nothing: stop posting it. For one, that link isn't working, so I had to use narutobase to read the entire chapter again to see where ANYTHING AT ALL implied that Itachi was superior to Obito.

    And a sneak attack applied when he was dead certainly isn't it.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 30, 2013 at 06:53 PM.

  15. #43
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Did nothing for him?

    He recruited Deidara, one of their most powerful members. And he did it easily.
    He also helped sealing the bijuus, gave little information about Konoha ninjas and stalled Team Kakashi in the Gaara rescue arc. But it seems that I didn't express myself properly. What did Itachi do for Obito what other members couldn't do? Was Itachi replaceable or not? He was, in every occasion he was shown as an Akatsuki member in the manga.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    There's no reason at all why he should limit his amount of able subordinates. He had other members who could capture bijuu, but why not have multiple so that multiple bijuu could be captured at the same time, shortening the wait? He didn't need to capture one on his own to be a help either. He could give information that allows the others to capture one, or simply aid another member. Why do you think he was sent with Kisame (didn't choose, was sent) to capture Naruto?

    Because he had the strongest Bijuu, and because Itachi had first-hand knowledge of the village. Obito was still hiding his identity and couldn't simply wander into the village at this point as Tobi, since he was Deidara's partner.
    Nobody is saying that he should limit his amount of subordinates. Kill Itachi, recruit another, move on. It's that simple. It's not something Akatsuki has never done before (recruiting). And once more, everything Itachi did do could be done by other members too.

    Itachi wasn't sent to capture Naruto. He went to the village to remind Danzou and the Elders that he is alive. That's fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    It took the combined chakras of EVERY Akatsuki member to pull off removing a Bijuu from it's host and place it into the Gedo Mazo. If Itachi had left, someone else would've needed to cover his spot, and it isn't like they have an over-abundance of S-rank missing nin they could recruit.
    It didn't seem to bother anyone to seal the Yonbi without Hidan and Kakuzu. I know I'm repeating myself, but Akatsuki can recruit other ninjas (they already have done it a couple times) and the bijuus can be sealed without the full force of Akatsuki.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    It was what he was intended to be: either a sacrifice to revive Madara (assumption), or he would be the one with the 6 paths technique that Obito is using, as he states in he manga that he had planned on fusing Sasuke with the Gedo Mazo. Itachi likely didn't have the stamina for something like this, or was simply more of a threat than Sasuke. Though I doubt that's the reason as if he had chosen Sasuke Itachi would've attacked him anyway...
    And Obito said that he don't intend to sync him with the Mazo. That was just an option, not an absolute necessity. In the end it was Obito who used the Mazo and it was Obito who wanted to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi. The only help he got was the tentacle, that's it.

    Not to mention that Itachi being alive wasn't necessary for Obito to either get his hands on Sasuke or sync him with the Mazo.

    Why did you mention Itachi? Itachi was never an option for the Mazo, since Obito knew that Itachi is not loyal to Akatsuki.

    To sum up: Itachi did nothing what other members couldn't do. Akatsuki proved to be able to recruit other ninjas. Therefore Itachi was replaceable. He was only a hindrance to Obito's plans. Obito didn't gain a single advantage for keeping him alive.
    Last edited by syx; June 30, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  16. #44
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Why else would he hold back from attacking Konoha and going after Sasuke? He outright admitted that Itachi stood in his way and was the reason they were off-limits.

    The Amaterasu trap is a regular shot of Amaterasu, something Itachi is fully capable of doing upon his own.

    But Itachi being alive was the reason Obito couldn't go after Sasuke sooner. And don't forget that Izanagi would have been useless against Itachi since he had Izanami. Kamui would be dangerous, but if ninjas like Konan, Fuu, and Torune can figure it out, Itachi definitely could have come up with a plan against it.
    Why wouldn't he wait for Itachi to die before confronting Sasuke? Waiting to attack Konoha is a good payoff for getting Itachi out of the way while unlocking Sasuke's Mangekyo and telling Sasuke the truth. If he didn't confront Itachi, would Sasuke have gotten Mangekyo or been used by Tobi? The Amaterasu trap is to get Tobi when he's off guard though, and when he wouldn't expect it when talking with Sasuke. I'm not saying Itachi would beat Tobi, but Tobi likely had his own reasons for not killing Itachi.

    But would Itachi have known Izanagi was being used, even if he knew about it? Even Tobi didn't recognize it right off the bat when Danzou was using Izanagi.


    I don't see how keeping Itachi alive was unprofitable for Tobi since Itachi didn't hinder the capture of the jinchuuriki or the operations of Akatsuki. Not only that, but Itachi probably played a major part in Sasuke getting Mangekyo and being "used" by Tobi and was close to attacking Konoha and fighting Naruto. In fact, Tobi probably thought Sasuke was the only one who could fight Naruto but he definitely was interested in seeing them collide.

  17. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new york
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akatsuki has a terrible Hierarchy of Power if Kakashi could woop Obitos ass but not Itachi

    obito always say that he was a trouble ninja, in any case, itachi vs obito, they would make a good fight. but itachi take the win......i mean itachi can figure out jutsu fast and make a counter. after the jutsu is figure out. obito is done. i know obito could scape amateratsu. but can he scape tsukuyomi and even if he do. could he be a 100%. also itachi is a really skill ninja with shuriken and and clone....i have never see someone to use clone better then itachi..

    we all see what obito was capable off. and we was not impress
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts