Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What Anime are You Most Looking Forward To?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What Anime are You Most Looking Forward To?

This is a thread to fangasm about confirmed shows to air in the future. A place to fangasm about the series/etc. you can't wait to watch, something that, in your opinion, just can't be anything else but great.

As for me...

Series:

- Monogatari Series: Second Season (only a week left, but still....)
    - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 2 (Rikka and Yuuta )
    - Kuroko no Basket 2 (the first show was so incredibly well-done so I have absolute faith in I.G. Productions)
    - Yowamushi Pedal (Have been interested in the series for a long time, art looks great and a story about bicycle driving should be refreshing)

Movies:

- AnoHana Movie (even if it's just a remake from a different characters point of view, I just loved the show so much I know I will enjoy it)
    - Evangelion 4.0 (oh god please, just let this be an awesome end)
    - Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home (Blu-ray/DVD release, please hurry up )
    - Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge (let's see if Madhouse can pull off a good movie)
    - Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin (the original epilogue was pretty underwhelming so I hope this puts a good closing to a great show)
    - Kizumonogatari (*insert fangasm* )
    - Madoka Magica Movie 3 (really curious to see what Urobuchi will come up with)
    - Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu (*insert extreme fangasm* )

Wow, just realized that I'm looking forward to a damn lot of movies, they wait is going to kill me

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are the series/movies/OVA's/Asian Drama's you're most looking forward to?

Series:

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 2 - Yuuta and Rikka... Can't wait to see more of their clumsy love... Even more after that OVA...
    Date a Live 2 - First season was pretty decent and the girls were amazing...
    The World God Only Knows 3 - About time... Can't wait to see this animated!
    Sailor Moon Remake - Whenever this will air... I will consume it like no tomorrow!
    Little Busters ~Refrain - Another show I look forward to because season one ended pretty Clannad like... This will be very sad like After Story...
    Toaru Majutsu no Index III - Not yet confirmed but it is only a matter of time. One of my favourite Anime... The third season will rock...

Movies:

Persona 3 - The Animation - After the very good job they did with Persona 4 I look forward to this show although the same studio screwed up Devil Survivor 2... We will see...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are the series/movies/OVA's/Asian Drama's you're most looking forward to?

This season:
    • Uchouten Kazoku: Just looks like an interesting, awesome series. PA Works anime are always well done.
    • Blood Lad: Brain's Base is one of my favorite studios. A little disappointed it will only be 10 episodes, with a bonus OVA in December.
    • Watamote: I love the manga, looking forward to the lolz.
    • C3-Bu: Girls, Gainax, guns, and military survival games. Looks epic.
    Not going to waste time mentioning upcoming summer sequels. Of course I am looking forward to them.

Long term, Kill la Kill, Kyoukai no Kanata, Chuunibyou 2, and Nisekoi are probably my most anticipated.

---------- Post added July 07, 2013 at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was July 01, 2013 at 09:48 AM ----------

I'm also looking forward to the third Madoka Magica movie. Probably my most anticipated anime, especially after the recent trailer. I'm also excited for another season of Psycho-Pass.

---------- Post added July 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was July 07, 2013 at 09:21 PM ----------

I'm curious what Shaft plans on doing with Nisekoi. They typically don't adapt such straightforward stories, and have never adapted a Jump manga. The most straightforward Shaft romance I can think of were the ef anime, and those were not exactly that straightforward.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From the upcoming season I'm really looking forward to Nagi no Asukara. PA Works (True Tears, Another, Hanairo, Angel Beats, Tari Tari, Red Data Girl, Uchouten Kazoku) anime are always gorgeous, and very watchable. Nagi looks to be exactly the type of series they do best; a subtle, pastoral, coming of age story taking place within an isolated community.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to Black Butler (Kuroshituji) live action movie (Jan. 18, 2014). It was one of the previews of Gintama anime movie that I watched this summer.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, after reading the manga, Hybrid Child became a future favorite for 2014.
    I'm a fan of tragedy and angsty in stories and this manga has both and... it's boys love. Very poetic, no smut and story during the war before the unification of Japan.

I also have high expectations for the first BL animated movie that will come out in 2014, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - Yokozawa Takafumi no Baai. Based mainly on the novels.

But right now, i'm excitedly waiting for Kuroko no Basket season 2.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sailor Moon: It's been delayed for so long, and finally, finally we're getting it this winter. My mom introduced me to the original back in the day so there's a lot of nostalgia attached to it. Since the anime industry has changed a lot during the past two decades, I'm excited to see what kind of changes will be made.

Psycho-Pass S2 & Movie: I wasn't surprised by the announcement at all, but I'm still looking forward to the second season and movie. I'm a little sad that Makishima most likely won't be in either of them though.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping the new Psycho-Pass season comes before the movie. The other way around and their is a chance that the new season is out before the movie can be subbed. Or worse, the movie comes in 2014, season two in 2015.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kagepro. I've been listening to the original songs, and can't wait to see them turned into an anime. They have already been adapted to manga, hopefully the anime is out this April.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Future for me is just Haikyuu!! its like my favorites sports series and I really want to see how fast paced and intense they can make it feel. Im also looking forward to whatever other merchandise it gets (particularly figures).

The K movie is also something I want, really enjoyed K and the entire cast was fun, as well as the music.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Anime are You Most Looking Forward To?

Having just finished watching the second season of Kuroko no Basket, I’m really looking forward to the third season of this great anime. Moreover, the way in which the second season ended left me wanting more and left me very curious as to what is going to happen between Kagami and his childhood friend.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply