Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jul 7, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Madhouse
    Genres: Mystery, Fantasy

Synopsis:

God abandoned the world on Sunday. As a result, nobody in the world can die or reproduce. A little girl, Ai, is the gravekeeper for a village. She has prepared 47 graves for the eventual deaths of every member of the village. Later, a boy who identifies himself as "Hampnie Hambart, the 'Man-eating Toy'," which is coincidentally the name that Ai's mother left behind as the name of her father, arrives in the village and slaughters everybody. Just what is going on?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Average first episode. They presented the two protagonists and I found Ai quite funny. I wonder why Hampnie is killing those guys and I had the impression the zombie was trying to protect Ai when he was about to be killed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fucked up story so far... Nobody can really die because God said "Sorry my bad... " except they are buried by gravekeepers?

I like the silver haired guy so far though I wonder why he killed everybody there...

Ai is pretty annyoing so far but I guess that will change a bit.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spectacular first episode, this has the potential to be a truly great show. The animation and direction were also amazing. There is no doubt this is a Madhouse production. Kumazawa Yuuji also directed last year's Oda Nubana no Yabou, a very good anime. There are so many things I want to know about this world. Who is Ai, and why did the villagers pretend she was a grave digger. I wonder why Yohki and Anna "sometimes look at [Ai] with sad faces". And I really want to know why Hambart killed the villagers, who he really is, why he and Ai's father share that name.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

This story is really good...
    So Ai is a special case because she is the child of a gravekeeper... What was the secret of that village...? I wonder.

Anyway, Humpnie is a cool guy and I really like his design and he isn't a bad guy too. He just "kills" people who are already dead... Though it must've been a different case for Ais village...

Scar was an interesting character too. The total opposit of Ai. God himself is almost too graceful if he grants those wishes... But he is a stupid derp too...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Hampnie is not a bad guy, all his actions make sense now. I like his theory about God and how he deciphered Yuri's intentions. But it was at little cruel to ask Ai to forget everything, it's not as if it was possible. I thought he really wanted to kill her but he did nothing after Yuri's interventions, I guess he was trying to afraid her.
    Maybe he really is her father? He threatened Ai, Yuri shot him and later menace to kill her, as if she was a valuable hostage. They are childhood friends so he must know his past.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; July 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Pretty fucked up story so far... Nobody can really die because God said "Sorry my bad... " except they are buried by gravekeepers?

I like the silver haired guy so far though I wonder why he killed everybody there...

Ai is pretty annyoing so far but I guess that will change a bit.
    i agree, the story is pretty twisted

i loved the first two episodes, ai is so adoreable

and whats up with that chick scar, she is completely devoid of all emoition

hambart or whatever, had to have some reason....

part of me thinks this village should have died a long time ago, and he was just immobilizing them so they could finally get burried, he seems to have a grudge against god, and rightfully so.....

i noticed something mentioned about there not being room on "the other side" i am assuming this is why god decided to make it harder for the people to die....

what kind of god doesnt account for this type of thing?

one thing is for sure, this story has caught my interest, its not very often that i watch a first and second episode, and i just have to see the remainder of the series to figure out what is going on and what is going to happen, i can usually guess that type of thing right off the bat

not with this story....

i do find it ironic that Ai dug enough graves for the entire village, and they wound up using every grave

something is fishy about that.....

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

So, a bit too early, I'd say, for one of the characters listed as main to die. It was a rather dramatic episode overall, though I was a bit confused to see the guy, who challenged our immortal guy to a duel to death an episode before, coming to his rescue in this one.
    Whatever might follow, I'm pretty sure this show will lose a lot of followers because of this development.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kizuna is dead... Rather surprised too, all we know is that immortal lose their memories when they "die", that psycho was probably one of his comrades during his previous "life". I still don't understand he really died now or maybe it's because he finally became happy?

Ai is quite violent for a girl of his age, and she is able to dodge bullets! I guess gravekeeper must learn to fight. Now the story will be focused on Ai, Scar and Yuri( whose actions still don't make sense, he is tsundere or what?) and maybe others.

I wonder also why Ai's mother had human feelings and not Scar.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Dem feels!

I really liked Humbert, he's even voiced by Daisuke Namikawa (Jellal and Hisoka). Though there are still a lot of questions about him. Why would an immortal guy die ? How did he become immortal in the first place ?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7:

So another arc begins... Seems like everyone gets a special power if they pray to god. I guess that is how Humpnie got immortal and he died because his wish was fulfilled.
    There are a lot of mysteries in that world...
    I wonder what the witch and the red haired guy want from Ai-chan...

---------- Post added August 25, 2013 at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 20, 2013 at 06:23 PM ----------

Episode 8:

All is all that ends well... Is what i would like to say...
    That academy is still fishy to me... Why let them go only because one guy has perfect aim?

Everyone there wants to fulfill his dream... How nice.

But that cliffhanger... Where is Scar...

---------- Post added September 01, 2013 at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was August 25, 2013 at 04:32 PM ----------

Episode 9:

First half: Very heartwarming... Celebrating a birthday in this dead world... That was quite beautiful.
    Second half: Creepy!!! So many gravekeepers... All looked the same...
    In the end they got Scar back and she seems to be a replacement for Yuris lost family... Hmm...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Scar was just scared of the change in her own nature. Maybe she really became a human the moment she found baby Cecila. It was a really nice scene.
    I wonder what was that about when Ai saw her father in the birthplace of the gravekeepers. Maybe a hallucination, eh?

For now, the only issue is whether there will be any development in the "We will save the world" part in the rest of the season.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 10:

I guess that Dee wished for that world and not the whole class. Judging from the end of the episode she died in this world 14 years ago and is now dead in the outside world. That might be the reason why only her spirit can leave his artificial world.
    Furthermore she wants to stay there forever together with Alis... Love can be pretty cruel sometimes...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Dee, I feel sorry for her.
    She died and will risk to die forever if Alis will save his world....
    Can't wait for the next episode.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really get what Dee's motive is. If she truly cares about Alis and doesn't expect him to love her back, that means she can't be selfish. However, by hindering his actions, she just comes out as an egoist.
    Girls are complicated beings..

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast