Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 8 / 10)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

4 14.81%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

3 11.11%
  • 8 (Epic)

12 44.44%
  • 7 (Good)

5 18.52%
  • 6 (Average)

2 7.41%
  • 5 (Below Average)

1 3.70%
  • 4 (Bad)

0 0%
  • 3 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 141 Discussion / 142 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 141 Discussion / 142 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Funny, for some reason i completely forgot that Claire is also expert of "soul linking", thinking about that she could really play a role to solve the Miata's situation............if it wasn't for the "little detail" that she'll also have to deal with Cassy and, more importantly, Priscilla.

Hmmm, considering the situation Raftela could really become a key player, but are we sure that she knows how to do a soul link? Her technique is quite different, but maybe she can at least cause Miata to have an emotional reaction helping her human side to regain control.

I'm really curious to see how Yagi will evolve the Rabona battle, even if tbh i hope to see a bit more of Claire in the next chap,lol.
    i think we are going to get 1 or 2 more chapters of only the holy city battle, next chapter will probably be a heavy talk chapter with Miata and Clarice. then the next will be more battle with Europa.

i do want to get back to the Cassy fight , i want to know if she is going to kill the Vets, and i want to know what Knights real name is LOL

still praying that the Riful doll is still alive
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I think most of us forgotten the fact that there is a very important element in the relationship between Charice and Miata.

Spoiler show

On the lighter note, I can see the situation play out like this. lol

Spoiler show

On a serious note, I feel that the a true mutual trusting bond between Miata and Charice had been formed and solidified ever since their nearly fatal encounter with Agatha. For Miata, her bond with Charice has always been pure as she sees and believes Charice as her mother. For Charice, while she was afraid of Miata at first, she does care greatly for Miata, as she came back to save Miata instead running away by herself from Agatha. Ever since Charice confessed her true feelings about Miata when Agatha nearly finished them off, any reservations she had for Miata were dealt with and gone for good after her confession. From that point forward, the bond between Charice and Miata is a truthful and trustful one.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Lol it wasn't really 10 pages. The real discussion actually only started 5 pages ago :P
    Oh wow, I went and look, really something. lol 7 to 8 pages of discussion or arguments when the chapter wasn't even out yet. lol I guess many people were anxious and impatient about release of the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    That said, I'll still be really sad to see Galatea go
    Galatea is not going anywhere! She is going to be the Principal or rather the Head Mistress of the Claymore trainees Academy School when everything is resolved. It's just hints of foreshadowing messing with us. Ssshhhhh..... It's okay. Don't believe it! Just noooooooooooo...........!

Without the ghosts, this is just going to be a tragedy waiting to happen, but with the ghosts' interference, it would be resolved before it progress into a tragedy!
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; August 01, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    Galatea is not going anywhere! She is going to be the Principal or rather the Head Mistress of the Claymore trainees Academy School when everything is resolved.
    I agree with this vision of the future.
    ".........." Killy's opinion on most things.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    Galatea is not going anywhere! She is going to be the Principal or rather the Head Mistress of the Claymore trainees Academy School when everything is resolved. It's just hints of foreshadowing messing with us. Ssshhhhh..... It's okay. Don't believe it! Just noooooooooooo...........!
    I too would.........

*coughs blood*

...love....

*coughs more blood*

...to see..........

...that.................

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

wow. It's just so beautiful.

Firstly, the artwork. This has possibly the most amazing artwork I've seen from claymore in a long time. The fight is followable and has gorgeous detail work spread throughout; the consistancy of Maita's wings etc. It contains great energy, in the impacts as well as when Europe is slingshoting around buildings, it's really cool and dramatic.

The story. The down side is that it doesn't progress us toward the battle royal we are all hoping for between Prissy and Clare.

That said, I really liked this chapter for one reason.

I really think that for one chapter it has a powerful pace, contains a distinct three act structure were none are crushed to fit in the others, and sticks with it.

I can't shake the feeling that this fight had been planned out for a long time and that's why it feels so natural and he\they have been able to put in three acts without it seeming rushed at all. Even the cliffhanger feels good, because it feels like next chapter will be more of the same.

The writing has the same energy as the art; it's like they are saying 'we have 'plot' and were going to do something with it.'

I just hope this is a sign of things to come and doesn't slow down again next chapter.
    Last edited by Decepticon; August 02, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Few random somewhat on topic questions

why is Miata called "blood eyed Miata"
    did you notice that her awakened form has very strange eyes.
    when Clarice said she would be "ripped apart" did she mean she will actually be torn apart?

and is it just me or is Miata not a "leviathan" but rather those things are tails...it looks like her main body is crouching and she has 3 long tails coming out her back. at first i thought she had a long snake like body but it looks as if those things are tails...with really sharp "wing" like things on them
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

just seen it....nice

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that hit me in this chapter is the change in attitude Claymores had towards Clarice. Although seeing straight-forward Helen not changing it might be that the rest was just doing what Miria told them and didn't call her trash only because of that (or maybe because they knew what Miata was capable of). With that said, I'm pretty sure that Clare would perfectly understand what Clarice felt and it's a shame that Yagi hasn't even tried to bring those two together. I think they could become friends rather easily, easier than Clare x Helen/Deneve/Miria at least.

Anyway, Claymores can often be real bitches, even those considered good. I'm starting to think that in real world only female warriors would not be able to survive, they would kill each other on the spot with their bare claws xD.

Women, who can understand them?
    Last edited by Goral; August 04, 2013 at 04:57 AM.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

In real life they'd all spread nasty rumours against each other and turning each other against their own enemies, till those enemies die of eating disorders thinking their bum is too fat.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    One thing that hit me in this chapter is the change in attitude Claymores had towards Clarice. Although seeing straight-forward Helen not changing it might be that the rest was just doing what Miria told them and didn't call her trash only because of that (or maybe because they knew what Miata was capable of). With that said, I'm pretty sure that Clare would perfectly understand what Clarice felt and it's a shame that Yagi hasn't even tried to bring those two together. I think they could become friends rather easily, easier than Clare x Helen/Deneve/Miria at least.

Anyway, Claymores can often be real bitches, even those considered good. I'm starting to think that in real world only female warriors would not be able to survive, they would kill each other on the spot with their bare claws xD.

Women, who can understand them?
    For once i agree with you 100% , best example i can think of is Teresa, she was the worlds biggest bitch, yet she had a somewhat soft side(i loved Teresa up until she let clare get her killed :/...if she had only killed prissy when she had the chance)

but that begs to question what would the Org have done if the hunting team failed and prissy was killed by Teresa in the town. would they have kept after Teresa ....maybe they would have went and gotten Raph? - that would be a cool battle Raph vs Teresa.

as much as i hate clare, i do seem to feel obligated to like her a bit do to the similarity between her and Roxanne.

Ps- Goral do you know if the "Extra" scene chapters are announced or do they just get released randomly whenever Yagi feels like it

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in the mental battle clare kicks Raphaela ass*le/ a battle against Teresa would've like bullying a child no matter it rafaela was on pair with Lucille her twin what matters if skills and strength.
    on different note (how was able to yoki zincronitation Clarice wen she was completely worthless that was unable to control her body temperature an the lands of the north although yoki zincronitation should've more difficult to handle than controlling her own body?!

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why was Clarice allowed to live if colourheads are executed on the spot? She must be special in some way. I wonder what differentiates her from the rest..

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore scanlation with Gernot's translation: http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2...apter-141.html

This chapter was harder to work on than I initially thought. Many "biki" bubbles to erase (which is a pain to do) plus quite a few places to redraw/clone. Not to mention that in the Share raw many nostrils were lost (in MS version too, one of the reasons why TSS version is the best) and I had to use another raw to fix that. And even after all of this there are many places that could use some cleaning (one way or another) but I doubt I'll have the patience to do that. Volume version should fix this and if all goes well you will see a version 2 of much better quality (but in half a year or so).
    Oh, one last thing. Box.net version has two pages 15 because I wanted to have literal translation in a pack. You can delete it if you don't like it or just download it from Tishare/2shared/Batoto.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

BTW, using that other raw I was able to somewhat discern how Riina's symbol looks like (it's similar to Rafaela's) but I wasn't able to redraw it (or copy it in a way it wouldn't look like shit). Though in my defence even in TSS version it's not visible too well. Although, 3 chapters ago it was better visible so it's redundant anyway. My point is that having a good raw makes a huge difference.

Last edited by Goral; August 07, 2013 at 01:57 AM.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarice's really interesting anyway because of her coloured hair; mainly because up until this chapter, it wasn't anything important, dispite the fact that we had never encountered someone like that before.

Now what Clarice says does raise some questions.

Like someone said, shouldn't soul-linking be far more difficult than controlling one's temperature?

I think it was more than not being able to control her temperature; she lied. Before this chapter she said she tried to ignore her true nature as a failed warrior to improve her own selfesteem.

At the end of the chapter she essentially implies\admits that awakening equals death for colouredheads; so really it wasn't that she couldn't control her temprature, she didn't want to try. It's even possible that she hasn't even tried testing her limits for fear of awakening.

As for why she's still alive; I can understand the organisation, in the past, getting rid of 'problems' before they arise, given how many problems they already have to deal with. However; it could just be that given how they had to essentially replace an entire generation overnight, they decided to 'wing it'.

Controlling Miata was probably thought of as her last chance to prove herself useful before the org. sent her to the chopping blocks, as it were.

I would like to hope it's more than just that as reasoning, sure, but I don't see it. That said, notice how Clarice is crying blood?

Wasn't Miata's nickname was mentioned as being 'Blood eyed'?

Could it be that Miata was once used for soul-link experiments and a result was that her controllers cried blood?
    Last edited by Decepticon; August 07, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

New Reply
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast