Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uchouten Kazoku

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uchouten Kazoku

we ca discuss the strange love triangle between benten, the professor and yasaburou

yasa obviously likes her or at least is attracted to her
    she seems to like him (maybe)

and the professor has unrequited love for her

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

That's quite in your face, but I mean...what can you possibly speculate out of it? We have an stubborn old man and a coward Tanuki. It's obvious there will be some kind of fight, but I doubt it will reach that stage due the nature of this show.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Benten probably is the best character together with Yasaburou, they make such an incredibly combo

uh oh, initially I just wanted to share the full opening song.

The show probably is among my favourites of the season, such a lot of awesomely quirky character, I love it.

---------- Post added August 12, 2013 at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was August 05, 2013 at 08:42 PM ----------

Wow, Benten was even more beautiful back then And Akadama just kidnapped her lol. It seems Benten really puts up a facade and actually isn't as strong-willed as she want others to see her. I wonder what exactly makes her so sad? Her past life Akagama stole from her (hard to judge without more info) or something related to Yasaburou and/or eating his father. I don't feel like it's the second so it's probably either the first or something we don't know about yet.

Splendid episode, probably my favourite one so far. The whole eating someone = loving someone was pretty weird and funny but it still it was an interesting thought. It made me feel like Yasaburou, I really like the professor

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

btw, anyone else who loves the OST right at the beginning? that music with Benten leisurely walking at the beach is pure win

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im an episode behind hopefully ill be able to catch up today!!!

im behind on this gatchaman and a couple more

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! That 10th episode was just pure awesomeness! I would have never thought Soun was such a mastermind and also that he was really bad. I thought the rivalry between the Ebsiugawas and Shimogamos was just for comical relief. I don't think Kinkaku and Ginkaku know their father wants Yaichiro in a nabe but if they are informed they are really jerks. With that we finally learn how Souichiro died and it makes more sense. It means that important date was with his brother, he encountered Akadama sensei just before that and had just a gut feeling thanks to his incredible experience, still he trusted his beloved brother, that man was really a great tanuki. All that because she didn't get the hot mother. Love can be scary sometimes. We lear why Kaisei hates Benten too. And finally, Benten, that girl becomes even more mysterious. She hid the truth to Akadama and the others and ate Souichiro. Considering her reaction before she ate him in the previous episodes it means she was a little sad to do so but here she seems to act like a bitch. We don't really know her but IMO what she said to Yasaburo previously had significance here. She was immature and ate Souichiro because "she liked him too much", then she felt great pain after his death and this is the reason why she is so sad now. Yeah, I still love that girl... She really is a complex character.

---------- Post added September 25, 2013 at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was September 09, 2013 at 12:05 PM ----------

"What is fun is good!"

Everything is so damn perfect in this show! Apparently Yajirou's problem could be solved with Denki Bran. The brothers teamwork is awesome and Benten really tries hard to make me hate her. I wonder why that old man didn't recognize Yasaburou. Now we have a room with full of humans and another full of Tanukis... Things should get interesting.

---------- Post added September 29, 2013 at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was September 25, 2013 at 09:12 PM ----------

Badass Yaichiro is badass, he didn't lost his inner calm even in that situation, he is supposed to be the sanest Shimogamo but I find him more impulsive than Yasaburo.
    Akadama-sensei doesn't give a fuck about the others,using the Fuujin Raijin fan like that. Mother is saved and Yodagawa-sensei changed his philosophy. Nobody has been eaten, the Nise- emon is not elected, Benten stays true to herself, the Eccentric family is alive and kicking with the return of Yajiro. They are really kind to be able to play with the Ebisugawas like that after all they did, I guess it's because of their idiot blood. Kaisei(who is incredibly short) remains a mystery for Yasaburo. I liked Akadama-sensei's councils at the end, Yasaburo & Benten's interactions were great as usual.

All's well that ends well. Yasaburo's wish is the proof. Easily the best show of this season for me.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; September 09, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2