Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kabu no Isaki by Ashinano Hitoshi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kabu no Isaki by Ashinano Hitoshi

The girl in chapter 35 kind of reminds me of something. Maybe a little bit of Alpha and a little bit of Misago.

Also, 30,000m! That's one big mountain. Did something happen to make Mt. Fuji grow so big?
    Last edited by MattC302; August 09, 2013 at 03:54 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe, she reminded me of Sensei Koumishi in her youth:

Spoiler show

About the size of Mt Fuji, I think is some kind of game Ashinano has. He likes to play with it here and there in all his works. In Kumabashi no koto, the traveller who rides the bee is minute. And in YKK the landmark tower is huge, and early on Kabu no Isaki, there are giant leafs in which a plane can land. Like if it were a poetic image or symbol... like something that simply can happen and uses to happen in that fantasy world in which their characters live.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

Your idea of reading the whole arc about this travel in one go, should be the best to do here to make sense of it. The releasing pace is killing me.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did I decide to catch up again even though it's not finished yet???? Beautiful chapters as expected. Always love when Ashinano shows natures brutal beauty. So overwhelming!
    Also, the thought that once I finished this I have no more Ashinano to read is killing me.

And I agree with Matt, that lady was like a mixture of Alpha and Misago.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Roselia scans has released 15 chapters since Feb. With 13 chapters to go, we'll have it complete by Dec, I guess. It's a good pace, only that this travel to Mt Fuji seems a bit long.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's not like really much is happening. And December seems so far........ Guess I'll just wait until it's finished. I prefer reading completed series anyway.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Why did I decide to catch up again even though it's not finished yet???? Beautiful chapters as expected. Always love when Ashinano shows natures brutal beauty. So overwhelming!
    Also, the thought that once I finished this I have no more Ashinano to read is killing me.
    And how did you find Shirosan? Isn't she lovely? And the drawings of the flight between the mountains?

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

This is superb:

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shirosan is wonderful. You can really feel that.....how can I put it?...You feel that she has this feeling inside of her. Even though she 'works' she seems as free as a bird. Or more like a cloud that's lead by the wind. Sounds like I'm trying to get poetic here, but that's really how I feel about her. Just living the life her own way. Passionately and with such joy. Like all she needs to live is the sky and the wind. That's from the top of my head. I started this manga last year I think, so I don't recall much. I'd have to read it again (which I sure will).

As for the flight between the mountains, it was cool. Not nearly is beautiful as this manga can get, but still fun, as you could actually feel that rhythm Sayori mentioned through the drawings.

One of my favorite parts from the recent chapters has to be the place where they took of with the blacknose (don't remember the name). Just loved this comfy feel and the crazy wind outside. Guess that's nothing extraordinary, but that's what I personally love about it. Something so simple can feel like magic. Love it.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand what's going on. Did Isaki get teleported somewhere? Is this all in his head? Strange.

Also, I had the desire to see this chapter in color. Especially when the sky was being described. Ashinano is an amazing colorist too if you look at some of the colored YKK chapters.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I barely can say is that Isaki must be as lost as we are... only that we will have to wait some days more to (possibly) get a clue about what is happening.

---------- Post added August 24, 2013 at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was August 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM ----------

Past foreshadowing of Shirosan (she likes alcohol), Isaki and Kajika (the little girl likes his young friend but he sees her as a child ... in fact, in some moments he attracts Shirosan attention):

Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 01, 2013 at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was August 24, 2013 at 09:11 PM ----------

Was Isaki hallucinating? ...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like it. This chapter seemed strange. What does it tell us about Mt.Fuji?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I find this little Mt. Fuji arc kind of lacking. Unless the ending pulls everything together, I'd have to say this series pales in comparison to YKK. Which is okay. Not everything has to be a masterpiece. Kabu no Isaki was nice enough for the most part. Just not impressive like YKK, and I can't help but to hold the two up to the light together since they are by the same author.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't hope for Kabu to be as good as YKK. But I couldn't say a word about this arc yet. If we would have the volume at hand, we'll be passing the page right now... But we're stalked in the inner engines of scanlation.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Beyond the mystery of the last arc (I think it has to be read whit the whole manga at hand), how lovely is Shirosan... I live under a spell with this manga.

---------- Post added October 28, 2013 at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was October 25, 2013 at 06:59 PM ----------

I was saying Shirosan was lovely because of his amazing gift to Kajika. (I could see the chapter some days ago).

---------- Post added November 06, 2013 at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was October 28, 2013 at 03:25 PM ----------

This beautiful chapter comes back over the same poetic images about flying with out a purpose on mind. The chapter also is connects two important previous travel made by Isaki to this third one. So it seems to be about a core idea of the whole manga. Still I have to come back over the last travel to Mt Fuji to make sense of it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    I don't really understand what's going on. Did Isaki get teleported somewhere? Is this all in his head? Strange.
    Room of Mindfucking Time, so to say. We're given several hints about what's going on in there: almost no time passed for Sayori and Kajika here; and this page - I think that what he 'left' in there are some of Isaki's memories (he says he 'remembers' here), related to the start of the events that led to this trip. And notice how Neko-san (the guide lady) acts like she knows damn well what's going on.
    Theory upgraded: Neko-san is human and stays at the summit practically forever, thus retaining the same age over time. I'm crazy, but I don't mind!

Also, chapter 41 slightly hints again at Isaki and Kajika being related (like being siblings?). With complicated family circumstances.

BTW why are you all using Shirosan? Isn't the name Shiro with the neutral suffix -san, separated by "-"?

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

But Ashinano's works sure are amazing.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Room of Mindfucking Time, so to say. We're given several hints about what's going on in there: almost no time passed for Sayori and Kajika here; and this page - I think that what he 'left' in there are some of Isaki's memories (he says he 'remembers' here), related to the start of the events that led to this trip. And notice how Neko-san (the guide lady) acts like she knows damn well what's going on.
    Theory upgraded: Neko-san is human and stays at the summit practically forever, thus retaining the same age over time. I'm crazy, but I don't mind!

Also, chapter 41 slightly hints again at Isaki and Kajika being related (like being siblings?). With complicated family circumstances.

BTW why are you all using Shirosan? Isn't the name Shiro with the neutral suffix -san, separated by "-"?

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

But Ashinano's works sure are amazing.

What do I like of Shiro or Shirosan? She loves freedom and she likes to see how free are the youngsters at her side. She has no hurries, and she likes sex and alcohol... She's the experienced and entertaining mature woman who knows how to have good times.... Like an old good wine... Love her.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast