Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quilge Opie

8 23.53%
  • Zaraki Kenpachi

26 76.47%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Quilge vs Kenpachi

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Bleach Tournament Round 2: Quilge vs Kenpachi

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Quilge vs Kenpachi

Kenpachi's absurdly strong now, makes sense to just give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, despite the complete lack of comparability.

It is however, worth noting that Quilge won't be stuck with Blut Vene active because he won't be competing with a speed he can't handle. Then again, he also doesn't have a free Allon boost either.

There's also Slaverkei, but really, it's only be used twice and there's already a massive inconsistency with how quickly it takes effect.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

And his jail that only a quincy can break... but then again Kenpachi is like Chuck Norris in these kinds of regard...
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quilge's technique may even absorb all of the reishi which kenpachi is made of. Yet,with his new strength greater than retsu's,I bet ken would one shot him before Opie notices it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with a Kenpachi 1-shot here. He pretty much did it to 2 Stern Ritter before his insane powerup, so I doubt Quilge will be as tough to take down

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Quilge is considerably stronger than those Sternenritters Ken-chan fought. Quilge was one of the top-dogs if we go by his letter, while those Ken-chan fought were mostly the weakest ones, except for the one who copied Bach.

I would give this one to Ken-chan, but the fight won't be easy and it won't be a one-shot victory for him for obvious reasons. Ichigo was considerably stronger than current Kenpachi, but at the same time he wasn't able to neither one-shot nor win easily against Quilge even if we put aside Sklaverei.

Quilge is a bad opponent for Kenpachi, since he is fighting mostly at distance and he can absorb as much Reishi from surroundings as he wants and keep fighting. And since he won't need to cope up with high speed as he did against Ichigo, he would be able to use his Blut Arterie, thus making his attacks considerably stronger. That would give Ken-chan real trouble, since he isn't that fast compared to Quilge, especially, when he uses Vollständig.

Also I don't know what should we consider if Ken-chan gets trapped into Jail?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bit complicated because of Quilge's ability. If he manages to trap Ken, the question is whether or not Kenpachi is capable of breaking out? I'm not sure about this. However, it is distinctly possible that Ken completely eviscerates Quilge before he even gets the chance. I'm leaning toward Ken at the moment.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if we talk about jail, then I doubt that Ken-chan can get out. Ichigo barely managed to get out of the Jail. Only because of him beeing Quincy he managed to get out. Even though Ichigo used his all power for quite some time he couldn't break Jail and I seriously doubt that Kenpachi can break it if Ichigo can't with just his power.

So I think if Kenpachi is trapped, it is the end for him in this round.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to be some sort of hax to break or free yourself from his jail. I think Shunsui could with his shadow game kageoni, possibly Juushiro could absorb it with his swords. Maybe Kenpachi is strong enough to break the barrier? I can't vote for either yet.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I think you have to be some sort of hax to break or free yourself from his jail. I think Shunsui could with his shadow game kageoni, possibly Juushiro could absorb it with his swords. Maybe Kenpachi is strong enough to break the barrier? I can't vote for either yet.
    I am not sure if Shunsui could escape with his shadow game or not (it is a game to do with stepping on shadows and not really moving through shadows).
    Also the Juushiro absorbing the shield is a bit odd - though perhaps possible? Depending what the shield is made from (I am guessing if it is made of energy like Kidou or Cero then he may be able to).

But it was made quite clear by Juha Bach that only quincy could 'break' the shield. I doubt strength alone is enough to cause the shield to break (absorbing or escaping from are not the same as destroying).

Is trapping Kenpachi in the cage the same as beating him though?
    Can Quilge keep the cage up indefinitely?
    Will he tire, that way Kenpachi can escape in the long run?
    Is there even a time limit on these matchups?
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

As we've seen cage isn't connected to Quilge after he makes it. He was essentially killed by Grimjaw and the Jail still standed and Ichigo was still trapp0ed there, so If Ken-chan is trapped there it's the end for him.

Also no way strength alone can let Kenpachi out of it, since Ichigo should have been stronger in terms of dealing damage and he still couldn't do anything against the Jail, so it seems that if Kenpachi is caught there it's the end for him.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the fights end when one of the combatants is dead or incapacitated, in that sense I don't think Quilge trapping Kenpachi in a cage accomplishes anything. Of course this is assuming he can't attack and kill Kenpachi who is now a sitting duck. There's not a time limit on the matchups, however we can assume all fighters should do their best to win and if they run away or somehow make the progress of the fight impossible, I think it's fair to count it as a loss for them.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if Ken-chan is trapped, he can't get out, so he at least can't win.
    At the same time it seems that Quilge would be able to feel quite well and might be even able to attack him from out of the Jail

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

If Quilge can attack and kill Kenpachi from outside the jail, he can certainly win. If he's not able to do so, neither of them can win unless we wait until one of them dies of thirst and hunger which is outside the scope of this tournament. In such a situation, I would give the win to Kenpachi since it was Quilge's actions which effectively ended the fight without a clear-cut winner. There's also the possibility that Kenpachi may avoid getting trapped or break the cage however unlikely it may seem. Bach said only a quincy could get out of the cage but it stands to reason that anything can be broken with enough force/reiatsu and if the cage can be broken, Kenpachi has the best chances out of all the shinigami now that Yamamoto is dead. Of course this is assuming Ichigo's brute force was not as strong as the current Kenpachi's, it can be argued that it wasn't, I'm merely exploring the possibilities. I think Quilge's best strategy is to use the Holy Slave technique and try to finish off Kenpachi as quickly as possible.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    If Quilge can attack and kill Kenpachi from outside the jail, he can certainly win. If he's not able to do so, neither of them can win unless we wait until one of them dies of thirst and hunger which is outside the scope of this tournament. In such a situation, I would give the win to Kenpachi since it was Quilge's actions which effectively ended the fight without a clear-cut winner.
    I disagree. I would give the fight to Quilge in this case.
    Why is dying of thirst or hunger outside the scope of this tournament? Quilge could eat outside the cage.
    As far as I see it, as long as no one leaves the battlefield, anything is game.
    Unless a time limit is set for fights, then none exists - 10 years, 100 years, for Shinigami this doesn't really matter all that much.
    Quilge is the clear cut winner in this situation, as he is the only one who has any power left over the fight. Kenpachi is powerless.
    Infinite RAGE!

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast