Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quilge Opie

8 23.53%
  • Zaraki Kenpachi

26 76.47%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Quilge vs Kenpachi

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Quilge vs Kenpachi

Can Quilge eat or drink without leaving the battlefield though? Unless he brought food and drink with him because there's none on the battlefield. I'm not sure that's the proper way to end a fight but I'll discuss it with other mods and clarify how the rules apply.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ken is trapped by Quilge's jail and unable to escape, the win should be attributed to Quilge. He has effectively disabled Kenpachi. Whether or not Kenpachi is capable of escaping the jail is another matter entirely. It has been suggested that only Quincy can escape Quilge's prison, but I just don't buy this. Overwhelming strength or reiatsu could possibly break through, or someone like Mayuri or Urahara could possibly figure out a way to escape, Barragan's ability should also pose a problem for the jail. The problem is that we know too little about the ability. And to be honest, I think Ken should be able to defeat Quilge before he gets trapped.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if Ken gets trapped, then he can't escape, thus in such a case victory should go to Quilge. Since it's an effective way to deal with Ken-chan even though he won't be dead in such a case, but he won't be able to move or attack Quilge as well.
    I believe only three persons apart from Ichigo might be able to get out of the Jail: Yama, since his Bankai is just damn destructive (so he might be the only one to be able to break out of the Jail with just his monstrous power, but he might be an exception and even though it's just my thought ), Tessai, since he can use his teleportation Kidou and Barragan since he can age this Jail, since it is made of something like Reiatsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's worth noting that Bach was under the impression that the cage would only delay Ichigo. He was surprised to find that Ichigo got out by awakening his Quincy powers, and on reflection, said he shouldn't have sent a pure Quincy to stop him. Obviously this means Bach knew that someone could get out eventually, and given that Kenpachi's raw power is now probably much higher than that version of Ichigo, I don't see a "he starves to death" scenario.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Bach thought that Quilge would delay Ichigo, but he never thought that Quilge would fight to death against Ichigo and never thought Quilge would use Jail.

All he said about Jail that only Quincies can escape out of it. And he stated that by awakening his Quincy powers he managed to escape.

Thus I don't think just raw power would let Kenpachi out of it. If it was possible, then Ichigo would have made out of it way faster, since he should be considerably stronbger current Kenpachi.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    No, Bach thought that Quilge would delay Ichigo, but he never thought that Quilge would fight to death against Ichigo and never thought Quilge would use Jail.
    Uhh, I don't recall him saying anything like that. He thought Quilge would hold off Ichigo for the entirety of the SS invasion, there's no way he thought they'd just be fighting normally, especially if he knows Ichigo's power, which he should.

Quote Quote:
    All he said about Jail that only Quincies can escape out of it. And he stated that by awakening his Quincy powers he managed to escape.
    No, he said "it cannot contain a Quincy". There's a big difference between it can't hold something, and nothing but that something can get out.

Quote Quote:
    Thus I don't think just raw power would let Kenpachi out of it. If it was possible, then Ichigo would have made out of it way faster, since he should be considerably stronbger current Kenpachi.
    I don't see how that Ichigo could be stronger than current Kenpachi, to be honest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Quilge is considerably stronger than those Sternenritters Ken-chan fought. Quilge was one of the top-dogs if we go by his letter, while those Ken-chan fought were mostly the weakest ones, except for the one who copied Bach.

I would give this one to Ken-chan, but the fight won't be easy and it won't be a one-shot victory for him for obvious reasons. Ichigo was considerably stronger than current Kenpachi, but at the same time he wasn't able to neither one-shot nor win easily against Quilge even if we put aside Sklaverei.

Quilge is a bad opponent for Kenpachi, since he is fighting mostly at distance and he can absorb as much Reishi from surroundings as he wants and keep fighting. And since he won't need to cope up with high speed as he did against Ichigo, he would be able to use his Blut Arterie, thus making his attacks considerably stronger. That would give Ken-chan real trouble, since he isn't that fast compared to Quilge, especially, when he uses Vollständig.

Also I don't know what should we consider if Ken-chan gets trapped into Jail?
    why would his letter be anything to go by in terms of strength? the letters so far have really only given a hint to their titles apart from a and b as they both seem to be given to the leader and his second in command. but look at loyd or royd, which ever one prtended to be bach, he defeated kenpachi and he was y. i think kenpachi would win. i dont think the jail should count as winning as thats pretty much like running away from the opponent, your out of harms way but they are also completely fine.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi

Quote Quote:
    No, he said "it cannot contain a Quincy". There's a big difference between it can't hold something, and nothing but that something can get out.
    Well, if it can't contain Quincy, and Bach stated that it was designed to contain enemies of Quincies. Read all those links to the last page.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/499/16
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/499/17
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/500/15
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/514/4
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/514/5
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/514/7
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/514/8
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/514/9

Quote Quote:
    I don't see how that Ichigo could be stronger than current Kenpachi, to be honest.
    Well, that's the basic thing, where we won't get to one opinion. It's the same talk as in Tournament's discussion. There are facts in manga, but people don't see them in a single way. Thus I won't even argue on this one, because I already argued tons of times on this point, so I don't want to do it again unless Ichigo fights Kenpachi in this Tournament.

DEATHBOTT

Quote Quote:
    why would his letter be anything to go by in terms of strength? the letters so far have really only given a hint to their titles apart from a and b as they both seem to be given to the leader and his second in command. but look at loyd or royd, which ever one prtended to be bach, he defeated kenpachi and he was y. i think kenpachi would win. i dont think the jail should count as winning as thats pretty much like running away from the opponent, your out of harms way but they are also completely fine.
    Well if A is for the leader, B is for the second strongest and nothing so far suggested otherwise, then it goes from A to Z in terms of strength unless it's proven otherwise. It's only logical this way.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; July 02, 2013 at 07:03 AM.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    I'm not sure that's the proper way to end a fight but I'll discuss it with other mods and clarify how the rules apply.
    Members are free to interpret the situation in any way they wish. In other words, if Quilge successfully traps Kenpachi in a cage and the fight ends for good, it's up to you to decide whether it counts as a win or loss for Quilge.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the letters themselves are meant to denote strength. Kirge had J which would imply he was 10th in strength among the stern riter. Overall kirge did not seem that strong to be honest. As far as I gather letters are simply given to members of the stern riter. The idea of the stern ritern being given letters due to their strength would also likely be in conflict with the idea of giving them letters based on their abilities. Overall it does seem like A and B hold special positions however that is not to say all letters will hold special positions in regards to each other. Royd had an easy victory over kenpachi, I doubt kirge would hold a candle to him to be honest and he was y, a remarkbly low letter. Nanana was U and he survived a fight against a captain who had a hollow mask available to him. Wouldn't U be well beneath the captain class altogether if he was trully the 21th one in terms of strength? I could see some members having seniority over others however the manga has not yet given proper parameters as to how the stern riter would stand next to each other. I would think that in the grand scheme of things a letter is simply an indication of a person being a stern riter. Its not like the captains are given divisions based on their strength... Shunsui was definitely not the 8th strongest captain and soifon is by no means the second. Some divisions do have special purposes (the first has the captain commander, the second the special ops, the fourth heals, the 12 researches) but that has nothing to do with the actual numbers so far.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

As for the fight I would personally lean for kenpachi. Quilge with volstandig did not fight evenly with ichigo at all, he was ultimately the sort of enemy that could be defeated simply via bankai. Ichigo is strong but if just going bankai is enough to defeat him even when using volstandig then there is a chance quilge was even beneath the captain class (even if only a little). More so, quilge was the sort that could be taunted into doing something stupid, just look at how ichigo's words made him change to blutz arterie even though he knew he couldn't really keep up with ichigo's speed. Quilge lost every chance he ever had of winning against ichigo when he went bankai considering he could not really attack and when defending he could not really do anything else. Kenpachi right now has displayed the sheer offensive capacity to handle unohana's bankai and has finally learned how to release his sword (due to the name thing). Kenpachi would stomp Quilge IMO. The most he could hope for is to play punching bag as he did with ichigo and pray to juhabach that kenpachi does not have the sheer offensive capacity to actually penetrate his blutz vene.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that Kenpachi would win this, he killed 3 stern ritters without much trouble and from what Quilge showed vs. Ichigo i wouldn't say that he is much stronger than those 3 were.

Quilges jail shouldn't be able to hold Kenpachi either because as someone already said it was only stated that it can't hold a quincy, not that only quincy can escape it, so Kenpachi should be able to force his way out, especially now that he unsealed his true power and learned the name of his Zanpakuto.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi

Well, if it can't contain Quincy, and Bach stated that it was designed to contain enemies of Quincies.
    I'm aware, but that's exactly the point. There's a difference between the statement you made, and the statement Bach made.

Quote Quote:
    Read all those links to the last page.
    I'm well aware of what Bach and Quilge said. However, it was also specifically stated by Bach that Quilge would hold off Ichigo for a while, presumably long enough to take down SS. He was surprised that Ichigo got out as quickly as he did, because his entire motivation to invade SS when he did was because Ichigo wouldn't make it there.

Not like it really matters. Quilge could say that nothing except a Quincy could get out of it, but that doesn't mean we should take such a grand statement at face value. Yukio's powers can also replicate a similar thing, depending on what rules he makes. We shouldn't assume any kind of absolute nature, especially because the words chosen didn't state such a thing.

Quote Quote:
    Well, that's the basic thing, where we won't get to one opinion. It's the same talk as in Tournament's discussion. There are facts in manga, but people don't see them in a single way. Thus I won't even argue on this one, because I already argued tons of times on this point, so I don't want to do it again unless Ichigo fights Kenpachi in this Tournament.
    There's absolutely no comparability, and Kenpachi is absurdly unquantifiable right now. I simply threw out my opinion, I wasn't expecting to get into a debate about such an unknown in the first place.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quilge traps everyone and wins the tournament

.. No not really. The chances that Kenpachi slices him into two pieces are higher than getting trapped in a cage. And even then, I am pretty sure that Kenpachi figures a way out.. With brute force!
    "Trying to trap me? You arent fun anymore. Die you boring German!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think Kenpachi is nearly as unstopable as some here suggest. Hes strong but that goes only so far. The strongest don't always win. I don't care for either of these characters, but I do think Kenpachi Zaraki would prove too much for Kirge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Now THAT's a worthy opponent for Kenpachi. Well, I imagine Sklaverei will give him a hard time, it's a hard thing to defend against. But a two-hand kendo slash may be just enough to finish Quilge quickly. It's really difficult to choose a winner here. But I think I'll go with Kenpachi.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast