Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quilge Opie

8 23.53%
  • Zaraki Kenpachi

26 76.47%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Quilge vs Kenpachi

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Quilge vs Kenpachi

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well if A is for the leader, B is for the second strongest and nothing so far suggested otherwise, then it goes from A to Z in terms of strength unless it's proven otherwise. It's only logical this way.
    No, it's not logical at all, given that those letters are given because of ability. Bach's blood is awakening Quincies' power, that can manifest themselves by different abilities. There are people like Royd and Loyd. They should be like the weakest with exception of that Loli girl IIRC. Were they weak? Nope. Kenpachi said, that Loyd was clearly stronger than Roar and Question, which makes your logic wrong, because then Y>Q and Y>R. Royd proved, that he is one of the most poweful SRs out there. Juha gave him more power blah blah. Ability is hax blabla. What makes Quincy powerful? Their speed? No. Their ability. And those letters are representing ONLY their abilites. Juha's letter is A, Haschwald's letter is B. Why? Because they're leaders? It's obvious they'd have first letters. What ABILITY does Juha have? Something starting with 'A'? He is origin of ALL those powers. He doesn't necessarily has to have anything. His letter isn't connected with ability. I don't know about Haschwald, but it seems like his letter isn't really matter of ability. Letters D-Z however, ARE connected to power. Still not sure who is "C", maybe Juha's left hand, I don't know.

By the way, how convenient it is, that Sternitter D has some ability, that can beat every other Sternitter down to Z, and that ability's name starts with D! And then Bambietta, who is next in power, has somehow miracoulously ability, whose name starts with 'E'! And somehow next one in strength is As Nodt. And his ability, magically, starts with F.

Manga proved one thing. Those letters are connected to abilities, NOT power levels. Haschwald/Juha are different story. If your logic applies to A and B it doesn't mean, that it applies to B and C, C and D and so on. Using mathematical induction there is just plain wrong.

@Topic: Kenpachi. Every battle is a battle of reiatsu. If 5 year old kid had ability "Jail" he wouldn't be able to contain Yamajii. So I don't think, that given Kenpachi outrageous reiatsu and brute strength he can be contained in Jail. If Jail is indestructible, then Ichigo just killed someone impossible to kill. I mean, he could just use Jail at the beggining and kill Urahara and co.
    Last edited by Duniak; July 04, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Manga proved one thing. Those letters are connected to abilities, NOT powers. Haschwald/Juha are different story. If your logic applies to A and B it doesn't mean, that it applies to B and C, C and D and so on. Using mathematical induction there is just plain wrong.

@Topic: Kenpachi. Every battle is a battle of reiatsu. If 5 year old kid had ability "Jail" he wouldn't be able to contain Yamajii. So I don't think, that given Kenpachi outrageous reiatsu and brute strength he can be contained in Jail. If Jail is indestructible, then Ichigo just killed someone impossible to kill. I mean, he could just use Jail at the beggining and killed Urahara and co.
    By your logic Ichigo is far stronger than Kenpachi, as he beat Kenpachi back in soul society. It didn't matter if Kenpachi has shown far more since then, since people clearly go all-out at the beginning of a battle.

If a very small minority of Bleach Battles, people go all-out from the Getgo. Most captains go Shikai-sparring to Bankai only when they know their Shikai isn't strong enough. Just because Quilge didn't instantly use his Jail doesn't mean it's weak, otherwise you can say Shunsui's Bankai must be weak, Sakanade must be weak, hell, Byakuya must be awful. The fact is when Quilge used his Jail he thought he won. Ichigo never beat Quilge - they were at an impasse, then Urahara intervened, Ichigo tried to leave, and Quilge caught him. It wasn't they fight - Quilge uses his Jail - Ichigo breaks out - Ichigo kills him.

Added to that Ichigo likely couldn't have broken out were it not for his Quincey powers...

Kenpachi isn't as powerful at battling as Ichigo is now, and Ichigo couldn't break out of it using power alone. Therefore I'd be inclined to say Kenpachi couldn't break out of Quilge's jail.

I do disagree about the 'letter = ranking' point, but I'd still say Quilge's Jail can hold Kenpachi (at least enough for Quilge to do some serious damage, anyway...)

Epic Brofist!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    By your logic Ichigo is far stronger than Kenpachi, as he beat Kenpachi back in soul society. It didn't matter if Kenpachi has shown far more since then, since people clearly go all-out at the beginning of a battle.

If a very small minority of Bleach Battles, people go all-out from the Getgo. Most captains go Shikai-sparring to Bankai only when they know their Shikai isn't strong enough. Just because Quilge didn't instantly use his Jail doesn't mean it's weak, otherwise you can say Shunsui's Bankai must be weak, Sakanade must be weak, hell, Byakuya must be awful. The fact is when Quilge used his Jail he thought he won. Ichigo never beat Quilge - they were at an impasse, then Urahara intervened, Ichigo tried to leave, and Quilge caught him. It wasn't they fight - Quilge uses his Jail - Ichigo breaks out - Ichigo kills him.

Added to that Ichigo likely couldn't have broken out were it not for his Quincey powers...

Kenpachi isn't as powerful at battling as Ichigo is now, and Ichigo couldn't break out of it using power alone. Therefore I'd be inclined to say Kenpachi couldn't break out of Quilge's jail.

I do disagree about the 'letter = ranking' point, but I'd still say Quilge's Jail can hold Kenpachi (at least enough for Quilge to do some serious damage, anyway...)
    Quite frankly, I don't know why you're writing about "not giving it all from the getgo". I based my post on Kenpachi's comment (first 2- weak, Loyd- average). And it seems that Roar and Question went all out using their abilities from the beggining. But Question got her throat slit in like 10 seconds, and Roar wasn't strong enough to impress Zaraki.

Kenpachi that was beaten by Kirge wouldn't be able to break out of cage, that's true. But Kenpachi right now is different. He has Shikai (Sword told him it's name), maybe Bankai (but we can't take that in account) and has his limiter off after being killed like 1000 times. While he was Kid he was stronger than Unohana. Now he is grown up, his body is stronger, so he should be stronger in terms of swordmanship. I'm sure his limited self trained some also and got little bit stronger during those years.

@Edit: Oh, you meant Kirge not using Jail at the beggining. Well, his job was to slow Ichigo down, so it seems like a perfect way to do it. Of course, Grimmjow would still come and kill him, but it's not like using Jail is going all out. Noone told him to use Vollstandig and Sklaverei before using Jail.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Quilge Opie: 8
    Zaraki Kenpachi: 26

Zaraki Kenpachi advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3