Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 13 (Love Aikawa, Sajin Komamura, Orihime Inoue)

26 81.25%
  • Team 14 (Wonderweiss Margela, Ikkaku Madarame, Izuru Kira)

6 18.75%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 13 vs Team 14

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 13 vs Team 14

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. This is a team fight, characters in the same team help each other against the other team.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of team fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the team bracket:

TEAM 13
    TEAM 14
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 01, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 13 vs Team 14

2 captains and Orihime vs Kira (who is awesome in CC, but useless otherwise), Ikkaku and Wonderweiss. Looking at base stats, team 13 should win easily. However, saying that, Love and Komamura are CC captains, and if Kira's able to get a couple of hits on their swords his power kicks in. Ikkaku is also a CC captain, but even with his Bankai he's no match for the other two. Still, I think Kira and Ikkaku together, if they're lucky, can possibly bring down Komamura. Now I'm not saying Komamura is weak, but if they attack together he blocks one then attacks the other, and if he keeps blocking Kira's shikai it's weight will increase dramatically. Wonderweiss was able to beat Kensei, so I think he can beat Love too.

Hm... I'm leaning towards team 14 but still not sure.

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A tank, a damage dealer, and a healer, Team 13 takes this, MMO's prove it!

But in all seriousness, the difference in power is huge here. Kira has a good shikai, but it is most effective when it can parry, something he has no chance in hell of doing against Koma or Love. And Koma threw someone way bigger than two stories, so how many hits before he can't lift his zan? More than Kira can afford to do IMO, if he can even try to get one without being crushed. Same goes for Love's shikai which can easily destroy buildings. Ikkaku, as he is, is frankly worthless, he is a powerhouse up against two greater powerhouses in Love and Koma.

Love caught stark with his club (albeit Stark wasn't focused, but I don't see a focused Kira being as fast as a half assed Stark), and Koma caught a masked Tousen with his Bankai, so if their speed can't help them, and their strength is nothing in comparison, their reiatsu lower. Kira and Ikkaku don't stand any chance against those two IMO. Plus, Koma has stopped an incoming strike THREE times via arm grab, and all three opponents were above Kira and Ikkaku, Kira's ability isnt complicated, so if he does get a hit, Koma can just resort to some good ol grappling.

I would normally say Ikkaku is dangerous, but knowing now that his Bankai won't pack nearly the same punch as it used to, and even if it does, it breaks too easily to be of any use against either captain. And given Koma's nature, I don't see him letting anyone try and attack Orihime, a true tank protects the healer! and once it comes down to WW vs Koma and Love, that is where Orihime will shine, if one gets hurt, she can heal the other should WW prove resistant, and not to mention she is decent with her shield timing, plus the bomb effect, she is not useless. Heck, that may even allow her to buy some time against Kira if needed since I don't see her shield getting "heavier".
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

the teams are posted as Team 11 and Team 12; while it is 13 and 14 actually.

Fixed it, thanks for pointing it out. - Miyagi
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 01, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Komamura owns ikkaku,whilst love stomps Kira, Inoue should be able to handle wonderweis in the meanwhile, therefore they win

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only person here that gives me pause for claiming Team 13's victory is Wonderweiss. If he goes genocide mode he can quickly dispose of either one of the Captains via blitz a la Ukitake, or he can just pound them or release if necessary and win there. He's one of the tankiest characters we've seen, and apparently defeated Bankai Kensei without much injury. He alone can tip the scales here imo. If Orihime can somehow isolate him that'd be great

However aside from him, it's a huge stomp in favor of Team 13. Kira's ability is practically useless, he's not parrying a blow from Komamura nor is he fast enough to get as many hits as he'd like on him without being intercepted and slammed by him. Ikkaku will need to go Bankai to even stand a chance, and once he does it'll prompt whoever he's fighting to get serious as well and against either of these Captains, Ikkaku's raw power just doesn't compare

I'll give it to Team 13, though with Wondy there its possible this fight goes the other way or becomes quite a bloodbath

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's quite a fight...

Inoue is a weak link here. She would be taken out in a second by any of the fighters here. So two fighters for the Team 13 are left. They are both Captains and both are quite strong, especially Love.

Though we know that either Ikkaku or Kira are no match for any of Captains individually, but if they are against Koma, they have at least a chance to stall him, while he is in Shikai, but in Bankai he should still win against them as it seems.

At the same time people tend to forget about Wondy... He is a damn monster! He one-shotted Ukitake! And then he proceeded by tanking a full-powered kick from Hollowified Mashiro that seemed to be around Komamura's Bankai slice's level or at least around it... And well... he took it like nothing happened, then he negated her Mask and then one-shotted her. And then he took down Kensei! While he was in Bankai! And all that he managed to achieve while unreleased! No other Arrancar actually achieved such a thing.
    And I seriously doubt either Komamura or Love are at Kensei's Bankai level. Especially since love only showed his Shikai for now, so we should consider him with just Shikai. I can't see either Love or Komamura winning in one on one against Wondy. While they can have a good chance in two against one, I seriously doubt that would happen, since Wondy would go straight for the kill and his speed is incredible.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; July 01, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lyght's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, that's quite a fight...

Inoue is a weak link here. She would be taken out in a second by any of the fighters here. So two fighters for the Team 13 are left. They are both Captains and both are quite strong, especially Love.

Though we know that either Ikkaku or Kira are no match for any of Captains individually, but if they are against Koma, they have at least a chance to stall him, while he is in Shikai, but in Bankai he should still win against them as it seems.

At the same time people tend to forget about Wondy... He is a damn monster! He one-shotted Ukitake! And then he proceeded by tanking a full-powered kick from Hollowified Mashiro that seemed to be around Komamura's Bankai slice's level or at least around it... And well... he took it like nothing happened, then he negated her Mask and then one-shotted her. And then he took down Kensei! While he was in Bankai! And all that he managed to achieve while unreleased! No other Arrancar actually achieved such a thing.
    And I seriously doubt either Komamura or Love are at Kensei's Bankai level. Especially since love only showed his Shikai for now, so we should consider him with just Shikai. I can't see either Love or Komamura winning in one on one against Wondy. While they can have a good chance in two against one, I seriously doubt that would happen, since Wondy would go straight for the kill and his speed is incredible.
    she is not as useless as you think, her shield reflects damage it took and explodes at the enemy. pls dont treat her like sakura
    also she is able to take down menos if that helps

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

lyght

Well, she never showed anything against real opponent. So unless she shows anything - she is a weak link. Or do you really see her holding herself against either Ikkaku or Kira? Even though I see Kira as an average VC at best, but it's Inoue he is against...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WW is tough, but the move that took down Ukitake won't take down Koma nearly as easily. Los Nuevo aspectos blew Koma's chest open, and he only needed to lie down for a few moments.

Saying Orihime would be taken out doesn't hold if we take personalities into account. Koma wouldn't let that happen, he more frequently than any other in the series IIRC has intervened to protect someone else so it is basically a feat of his, and no way Kira or Ikkaku have the means to get past Koma. Orihime is only screwed if WW decides to attack her.

Talking about Kensei's bankai is no better then talking about Love's; we have no idea what it does, so beating it is a pretty weak feat as far as context goes.

Also, WW does NOT go straight for the kill. Aside from attacking Ukitake, he is quite random and sometimes not aggressive at all. Not to mention Ukitake could very well have had his defenses lowered, even if still looking at WW, given his view on "children". All the while the same WW was getting beat up by Mashiro for a long while. Also, no reason to say that her kick is as strong as Koma's bankai cause we can't say how tough Fura actually was.

Given WW's unpredictability, I think it is more likely that Koma or Love can hold off WW long enough for the other to dispatch the Kira and Ikkaku with ease. Without pressure on her, Orihime can use her shield to buy some time for whoever is fighting WW. Once its all three on WW, its just a matter of time.
    Last edited by xXAshisogiJizoXx; July 01, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Inoue isn't particularly useful as a combatant, but if she can keep herself alive she could be pretty useful. Kira is fodder for either of the captains, and Ikkaku is immensely outclassed. WW is complicated, and quite difficult to gauge. At the end of the day, I'd say Team 13 takes this with moderate difficulty due to the fact that Inoue is just an extra asset that probably isn't necessary because two of Team 14's members just aren't at a sufficient enough level to deal with either Love or Komamura for more than a moment.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, going by pure fits, even though Wondy was quite random, but we should consider him as if he fought seriously (at least the most serious he can) and in such case he would go for the kill, especially if he feels hostility towards himself going from his opponents.
    And well, I doubt Koma can seriously fight against Wondy. No matter how tough he is, Wondy is just a monster. He achieved more than any other Arrancars in terms of taking down opponents and if he managed to take Bankai Kensei without any problems and unreleased, then I don't see what the same Love can do against him or especially Komamura.
    If both of the Captains attack Wondy at the same time, they have a chance, but it's still too vague, especially considering that Wondy can negate opponent's abilities. And if he negates Love's Mask, then he would be nearly as close to the strength he showed against Starrk (even though that didn't hurt Starrk that much) and it seems that it can also affect Reiatsu-based Shikai or Bankai abilities (otherwise how can we explain how Kensei managed to loose Wondy in Bankai, while not making any injuries to Wondy), so it might also affect Love's fire attacks from his Shikai and this would practically render him useless. And if only Komamura's attacks would hold the same strength... then it won't be a big problem to Wondy, since his speed is insane (I would say at least as fast as Starrk's and maybe even faster, since the guy managed to easily speedblitz Ukitake, while Ukitake was quite comfortably coping with Starrk's speed), so it would be another fit in favour.
    And Wondy also has his release which will obviously give him an insane boost in strength, speed and Reiatsu and his High speed regen is insane in his Release...

And about Inoue... I doubt she can hold herself against either Kira or Ikkaku. He would be just speedblitzed without a problem. And after she is down both Kira and Ikkaku can help Wondy. Well, even though Kira would be quite a weakling in this fight, but if he manages to even strike Koma's Sword several times, then it would affect Koma's speed as well as speed of either Shikai or Bankai and that can help Wondy in taking down Koma and well, even though Ikkaku's Bankai isn't now as strong as he was back, when he used it first time, but it can still pack considerable damage if he manages to his any of his opponents even once...

So this fight is not as easy an one-sided as most people tend to think.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Inoue would be blitzed by Kira or Ikkaku. Lets not forget, she managed to follow Ulquiorra's speed when he almost blitzed and killed Bankai Ichigo and was fast enough to create a barrier between the two of them to save him. So her reactions and ability to use her abilities is top notch, and with her new shield she used during the Fullbring arc she could likely do some nice damage to some of those guys given it made even Ginjou back off

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I still don't see what Orihime can do with her shield to any of them, especially if they attack her at the same time. One can attack from the front, while another from her back. Also Kira can use Kidou, if I'm not mistaken, so some Bakudou can change battlefield to an extent. At least it can subdue Inoue and make an opening for Wondy as well even if Bakudou won't work on Captains.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It is nice that I am actually not so stuck for who to vote for in this team match.
    Team 13 take the win.
    Ikaku and Kira are both strong, for VCs, but Komamura and or Love would beat them soundly.
    Wonderweiss however is insanely strong.

However, I am sure that Love (and definitely Komamura - especially if in Bankai) would be able to damage him.
    Added to that, they have one of the best 'healers' in the manga on their side. She can reject all damage to Komamura or Love and they can easily tank all the damage from the VC's, or from Wonderweiss (to an extent).

Now Wonderweiss did off-panel Kensei, but I am not so convinced of him being stronger than Love, Rose or Shinji (I just think he has a more badass attitude than Love or Rose). As Kensei was a captain, and a visard, this does mean that he is certainly quite strong.
    Kensei is a close combat fighter, as Wonderweiss seemed to beat him quite soundly this does suggest that he is well suited to fight enemies like Love or Komamura, who are also both close combat orientated.
    One problem for Wonderweiss, though, is that he is not much of a tactician. He certainly doesn't seem to dodge very much. This is not the right attitude against something like Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō.

Why is there no award for most enraged?!?

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast