Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu
    Production: Gainax
    Diretor: Kawajiri Masayoshi
    Starring: Kayano Ai, Yonezawa Madoka, Sawashiro Miyuki, Nishizaki Rima, Saito Chiwa, Makino Yui

Yura Yamato has just arrived at the high school division of Stella Women's Academy, when Sonora Kashima invites her to join a club called "C³". Sonora is the third-year student who became the new head of this club for military survival games. The other members include two second-year students (part-Japanese Karila Hatsuse and G36K-wielding Honoka Mutsu) and two other new students (Rento Kirishima whose family runs a Japanese sweets shop and the really short Yachiyo Hinata).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu

Episode 1:

This could be pretty interesting. I really like those war games and even more do I like cute girls. So somewhat a perfect combination, no?

We have a very shy new student who wants to find friends and we have a club full of "Hentai" that like to shoot at each other... XD

Furthermore Yura was already hooked with that Rambo movie (and the cake) so she will be a proud new club member.

Can't wait for episode 2! \o/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episode was a little slow, it really felt more like a prologue. The Rambo Game was spectacular, if that is a preview of what's to come, then this should be a great show. I'm looking forward to Sonora's (the club president) full introduction, she should be an interesting character. I loved the score, the stand up bass was a really cool touch.

I flipped through the two translated chapters of the original manga. Gainax seems to have taken a great deal of liberty with the plot

---------- Post added July 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was July 06, 2013 at 10:11 AM ----------

Sawashiro Miyuki

Great second episode, this feels more and more like Gainax. The action sequences are amazing, so fluid, and well choreographed. I love how important strategy and planning is, the games have not just been girls running around randomly shooting at each other. All of the characters are so quirky, with so much personality, even after only two episodes. Sono-chan is my favorite, obviously (Sawashiro fanboy), but I really like all of the characters.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu

Episode 2:

I'm a big Sono-chan fan as well.
    The survival games are very fun to watch and Yura starts to fit in pretty well though she really needs more confidence in herself.
    The next episode already looks like fun.

---------- Post added July 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was July 14, 2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

Episode 3:

Oh Yura... Gotta agree with Sono-chan and the captain of that other school... Running away is never an option... Forfeiting was the most cowardly thing she could've done and she did it... <.<

I guess Yura made up her mind now but she looks a bit stupid with that hair... oô

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

This show needs more love. Yura's journey to overcome her psychological barriers is pretty interesting. She even started to take the initiative in the last episode. I wonder why Sono was rather thoughtful about it.

And of course, we need an explanation to why Rin and Sono fell out over the time. I wonder if Yura's way of acting in that last battle reminded Sono of either Rin or her past self in some way.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8:

Yura looked pretty out of character with that look on her face... Airsoft really changed her... Although not to the better at the moment...
    Stella fought pretty good and everyone gave their best... They showed great teamwork... But in the end Yura turned into a Rin light and cheated... I really hope she has some remorse here.
    But are they really going to tell me no camara saw that Yura got hit...? Seriously...?

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, not the entire area is covered with cameras. Airsoft-like sports rely on the gentlemanly conduct the participants show throughout the game. In this case, I don't particularly agree she is now like Rin. At the very least, we haven't seen Rin cheating so far. I don't think it was Rin who shot Sonora, either, just so that she could win against her once again.

This must be why Sono-chan was rather anxious about Yura's changing attitude and I bet that's how their relationship with Rin fell apart, as well.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 9:

Aaaaaaaaand it got even worse... Even though she apologized she still wants to win no matter what... Seems like she stopped caring for her friends almost completely... She once joined that club because she had fun with them... Now all she cares about is winning and fighting...
    If only Karila would've hit her...

Next week she'll leave the C3 and joins Rins team...? Oh Yura... Snap out of it...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yura turned into such a bitch. Her evolution from shy girl, to ruthless control freak, has been really sad. Not even Rin could tolerate her, at this point. I really hope she learns to relax, have fun, and reconciles with C3-Bu. Sono-chan seems understanding enough to take Yura back. Great show.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally Rin brings Yura back to reality.. hopefully. She turned into such a brat in such a short amount of time. She doesn't even think about her team anymore, becoming an egocentric, arrogant figure, let alone having fun as she should.
    I wonder what's with this study abroad thing, though. And Rin-Sono past hasn't been unraveled completely, either. Looking forward to that the most.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion Yura has a big inferiority complex. From the beginning she wanted to be acknowledged by others, she wanted to get rid of her loneliness. Furthermore she idolizes people who are strong and have lots of people following them. Yura wanted to be just like them but she couldn't because she was that shy.
    I guess the big turning point was the first match against Meisei where Rin and Sono, people she idolized, scolded her for being weak and pathetic. At that moment something inside of her changed.
    Somehow she came to the conclusion that she had to be strong to be acknowledged but when she finally reached that goal and she thought she was close to her ideal it backfired. Both girls she idolized were not like she wanted. As Rin said, Yura tried to force her image of them upon those two.
    She really thought that winning and being strong was the only way to make other people notice her. Yura didn't even understand why she was the medic...
    Everything came together. No matter how strong she got, she lost sight of what is really important. Yura threw everything away just to reach that stupid ideal. In the end Rin dealt her the finishing blow by showing Yura how pathetic she is.
    Now Yuras starts to doubt herself again but at least she realized that she made a mistake.
    Only Sono-chan can help her now...

On a side note. I really feel sorry for Rento...

---------- Post added September 13, 2013 at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was September 08, 2013 at 01:18 AM ----------

Episode 11:

Oh I was wrong... The only person who could save Yura, was Yura herself...
    She completely lost herself in the monster she created... She looked horrible with those dead eyes... Even more dead than the zombies she shot... Good that Rento could finally wake her up.
    I still don't get this "own world" stuff but it is not that important... Although I felt like I just saw a bit of the Lion King... x'D

Lets see what will happen next.. Nice cliffhanger.

---------- Post added September 27, 2013 at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was September 13, 2013 at 07:18 PM ----------

Final Episodes:

I wonder why they made one... Episode 12 would have been an awesome final episode... :/

Episode 13 felt like an OVA and should've been aired before episode 12 aired...

Well anyway. I rate the show based on episode 12 and won't comment on the last one.
    All in all I give this show 7/10 points.
    OST was okay, plot was good, characters were likable and also detestable sometimes.

It was an enjoyable ride.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; September 08, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply