Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gatchaman Crowds

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gatchaman Crowds

Episode 10 was better than the others. Jou and his Giorno joke stole the show. The reason why Hajime can't see Berg-Katze is probably the key who will solve all their problems. I still don't understand why Utsu-tsu doesn't wear regular cloth during her missions though. At least she transformed now. I am waiting to see OD's one.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; September 18, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't they say OD's transformation would erase everyone's existence?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Didn't they say OD's transformation would erase everyone's existence?
    Who cares? Humanity is doomed anyway . I am prepared to a lame ending, but logically speaking I don't see how Berg-Katze could loose unless you kill him. That guy is strong and he doesn't even use it, he is using the heart of humans who are monsters. He never used brute strength to destroy a planet. I know a lot of persons are kind and all but humans are egoists and don't always behave correctly when they have a great power. That guy who didn't want Katze to destroy his town because of his family is a perfect example. Katze knows the weakness of people and uses it to its to maximum, he even gave his power to Rui, who was acting well but his dream was utopic because humans are rotten, he should have never accepted that power to begin with. I can't think of any realistic method to beat him with a good moral, you have to use brute strength and just kill him. Or maybe that god will do something, but since Sugane said they'll count on themselves it would be really weird. I have the impression they want to show the power of humanity or something like that but I don't believe in something that would permit them to morally win against Berg-Katze.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not sure how exactly they will defeat him but it do expect OD to transform at some point. Would be quite surprising to see it mentioned a lot of times, without revealing anything concrete until the end.

Berg-Katze is just so fun He's one of the main reasons that the series got a lot better to me. Crazy to the core, I love how he seems to toy around all the time. His interactions with Hajime are the highlights, she's the only one weird enough to actually have a somehow normal talk with him and I feel like it gave her a lot more depth than what I thought at first. At the beginning her behaviour was so annoying to me but now I find her pretty cool, somehow.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Who cares? Humanity is doomed anyway . I am prepared to a lame ending, but logically speaking I don't see how Berg-Katze could loose unless you kill him. That guy is strong and he doesn't even use it, he is using the heart of humans who are monsters. He never used brute strength to destroy a planet. I know a lot of persons are kind and all but humans are egoists and don't always behave correctly when they have a great power. That guy who didn't want Katze to destroy his town because of his family is a perfect example. Katze knows the weakness of people and uses it to its to maximum, he even gave his power to Rui, who was acting well but his dream was utopic because humans are rotten, he should have never accepted that power to begin with. I can't think of any realistic method to beat him with a good moral, you have to use brute strength and just kill him. Or maybe that god will do something, but since Sugane said they'll count on themselves it would be really weird. I have the impression they want to show the power of humanity or something like that but I don't believe in something that would permit them to morally win against Berg-Katze.
    Berge-Katz and Hajime are really mirror images of each other. They are both energetic free spirits and independent thinkers, who prioritize creativity and fun over following the rules. Hajime focuses her energy and creativity on others, she has fun bringing people together, breaking the rules only when they threaten to hurt others. Hajime keeps noting that it sounds like he is having fun, and he is, after his own manner. The moral will be that you can be a strong willed, individualistic, creative person without hurting anyone. Great people bring the community together, rather than rip it apart. OD probably will transform, it would be a let down if he doesn't. He'll sacrifice himself to help Hajime defeat Berge-Katz, without hurting anyone else. Hajime will be the one who defeats Berge-Katz, with help from her friends, of course. I don't think it will be a matter of brute force. That would go against the grain of the show. He'll be defeated by creativity and free thinking, not strength.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 18, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed, that was a pretty good ending. The world has been updated even if it was for a while, Rui looked girlier than usual in this episode( I know he's male). I thought OD's fight would be better than their usual fights, guess I was wrong. I wonder what Hajime did to Berg-Katze, maybe she is an alien too.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if anything the ending felt a bit too short. One more episode would have been great, with the climax being a bit expanded and the last episode mostly focusing on what happened afterwards. Not disappointed though, they beat Berg-Katze with creativity and free thinking. Hajime even goes on a date with him now, just like she said Guess it depends, some people might be disappointed that a lot was left in the open and I probably would have preferred the ending to be a bit more detailed, but that doesn't change the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed the show

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like there going to be an announcement for Gatchaman Crowds.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2