Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Rozen Maiden (2013)

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Rozen Maiden (2013)

Rozen Maiden (2013)

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jul 5, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Studio Deen
    Genres: Action, Comedy, Drama, Magic

Opening: "Watashi no Bara wo Kuuminasai" by ALI PROJECT
    Ending: "Alternative" by Annabel

Synopsis

Jun Sakurada, a middle school shut-in refuses to go to school after being traumatized by an embarrassing incident at school. One day, he receives a letter asking “yes or no”, and chose “yes”, meeting the living doll Shinku and the events of the original Rozen Maiden series unfolding. However, what would have happened if he had chosen “no”? Although he overcame his shut-in nature, this Jun can’t find a place where he belongs. Then, Shinku suddenly appears in this world where “Rozen Maidens” aren’t supposed to exist; what will their new encounter bring?!
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 03, 2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: summary added

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rozen Maiden (2013)

A word of warning:

This is not going to be a remake of the original anime. It is an adaption of the alternate reality sequel currently serialized in Young Jump. Anyone who has not read, or seen, the original might find the story a little confusing. I would advise watching both seasons of the original anime before watching this version. In case anyone does not know the story:

Quote Quote:
    Rozen Maiden originally ran in the monthly seinen Magazine, Comic Birz. After clashing with the publisher, Peach-Pit ended Rozen Maiden early. The ending was so bad, Peach-Pit publicly apologized to fans. A year later they struck a deal to serialize a sequel in Young Jump, essentially an alternate reality version of the series.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I would advise watching both seasons of the original anime before watching this version.
    As one who did that, this episode was still confusing, since apparently, Traumend took an anime-original path, deviating from the manga. Manga followers in MAL forums say it was a recap of the storyline up to a certain volume, so, I doubt next episodes will be in such a rush.
    Anyone who hasn't even watched the original series would instantly drop it, though, since it looked like a mess, trying to introduce all the characters.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I was right that it would be a remake, anyway I watched the previous seasons but it was some years ago. So the first episode was a recap? For me it wil be good to remind the story, but certainly this will be a bit bothersome for people who didn't watch previous seasons. Well, I already had good expectations thinking that it would be a remake, a new story increases even more my expectation.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you won't exactly be reminded of the previous animation, since Barasuishou and the Alice-game revolved around her wasn't canon. However, the "real" 7th doll mentioned in Traumend's final is making her storyline debut for anime in the recap, though, obviously, we won't get the hang of all just by this recap.

New Reply