Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toshiros real bankai?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Toshiros real bankai?

I might have dreamed this up but didn't cpt hitsugaya say he finally got a real bankai? Was the other version fake? Did he mean he just recently got the ice crystals? Or is it something unseen? I'm mainly asking because I am uncertain that the translation was proper. Help is welcome on this subject
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toshiros real bankai?

"Real bankai" means a fully developed bankai. Mature, so to speak.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Overall in the past the only times toshiro's bankai actually lived up to the expectations of a bankai was when he either had time to prepare (against luppi) and when he used his weather control thing. Odds are that during these two years hitsugaya mastered his bankai enough to be able to use it at full power from the start. If this is the case then he naturally would have volumes of strength over what he had in the past.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

From Repeat & Reboot:

Quote Quote:
    Tite Interview:
    Q: Has Hitsugaya’s bankai completed?
    A: There is an achievement after the training, it’s completed. So far, Hitsugaya’s bankai will be removed once the flower petals at the back of him disappears.. However....
    It seems hard training has paid off and Hitsugaya has mastered his bankai. We can expect his control and power to increase to greater levels.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much guys. Now I am more curious but in a good way, I wonder how strong he is now.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when you master your Bankai you normally get quite a boost, so depending on its level he might have actually surpassed Byakuya. But it seems we aren't going to see it anywhere soon.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, when you master your Bankai you normally get quite a boost, so depending on its level he might have actually surpassed Byakuya. But it seems we aren't going to see it anywhere soon.
    I cannot see this, at all. Sure Hitsugaya is a prodigy but i doubt him completing his Bankai (which only seemed limited by the petals) would give him such a boost to have surpassed Byakuya.

His complete Bankai IMO is only going to be his normal one minus the petals. Maybe a few additions but i doubt it will be anything major.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I cannot see this, at all. Sure Hitsugaya is a prodigy but i doubt him completing his Bankai (which only seemed limited by the petals) would give him such a boost to have surpassed Byakuya.

His complete Bankai IMO is only going to be his normal one minus the petals. Maybe a few additions but i doubt it will be anything major.
    I'm not the biggest Hitsuguya fan, but he does have the strongest ice type zan in SS, and if he was able to trully master it then I think the chances of him being more powerful than Byakuya are high or in the least likely.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

jaymizzo

Well, I agree on this point with BaddAzzKenpachi74. Hitsugaya has the strongest ice-type Zanpaktou in SS. We've seen what it can do with its strongest technique, when it managed to freeze Hallibel. Only Wondy's help let Hallibel out of ice prison. If this Bankai is complete, then it should give quite a boost not only in terms of time of its usage, but also in the strength of each tech used in Bankai.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    I'm not the biggest Hitsuguya fan, but he does have the strongest ice type zan in SS, and if he was able to trully master it then I think the chances of him being more powerful than Byakuya are high or in the least likely.
    You could have the strongest among weak things, doesnt mean that will make you as strong as others. We have seen what his Bankai can do and like i said it was only limited by his petals. Unless he found a way to not rely on moisture etc then the only real improvement is time IMO.

Again, i doubt he would be on par with Byakuya.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually Hitsugaya achieved more than Byakuya in one on one fights.

If not for Wondy, he would have taken down Tercera Espada. And it was with an incomplete Bankai... When Bankai is complete it normally gives a boost in Reiatsu and also increases effect of every technique that is used in Bankai, so I don't really kno, but depending of how much his Bankai improoved he might be able to take down the current Byakuya, since it seems that in terms of Bankai Byakuya seems to hit the wall.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

You could have the strongest among weak things, doesnt mean that will make you as strong as others. We have seen what his Bankai can do and like i said it was only limited by his petals. Unless he found a way to not rely on moisture etc then the only real improvement is time IMO.

And you can't prove, that ice is weaker than everything else. But I can prove, that it is one of the strongest. One technique freezing Hallibel, everything being his weapon, even water in the air. He can control ALL of it. Of all elements shown so far ice is, with fire, the most formidable. Of course, his ice lost against Yamaji's ZNT, but it was a matter of reiatsu and overall power. And fire is not very good for ice. It's his Achilles's heel. Just like water is good against fire. Well, if fire was much much stronger it could make water evaporate, but difference in power would have to be big.

And Byakuya isn't hyped as fanboys make him out to be. Much screentime doesn't make him stronger than people with few, but bigger feats. Byakuya already mastered his Bankai and let's face it, he is nowhere near Yamaji. IT IS HIS LIMIT. Hitsugaya is a prodigy, that impressed even Stark and made him worried. Given 100 years Hitsugaya is believed to surpass Kyoraku, current CC. And we still don't know his Bankai. But we know how strong his shikai is, and it's pretty hax.
    Last edited by Duniak; July 02, 2013 at 08:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

kyoraku did say that hitsugaya could surpass him in 100 years, that mekes me think that it is indeed possible for hitsugaya to have surpassed byakuya, at least in some aspects, but i susupect this will be diferent now that they both lost their bankais, however it is that they will fight from now on how good either one will be is not something we can predict, but they each have something in their favour, hitsugaya is like the bigest genius ever but byakuia is extreemly disciplined, experienced and sharp, so we will have to whait and see.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be fair, its not like weather control is suddenly all powerful even if his ability got stronger. We did see the full power of hitsugaya shikai against gin (weather control and everything) and it was not a one sided fight for hitsugaya at all. Overall there are two very specific instances where hitsugaya's bankai has stood out. When he took his time to capture luppi and when he trapped harribel within the ice pillar. The technique he used to trap luppi was powerful but overall it did take him quite a while to set up. The technique he used against harribel was also powerful but at the time the conditions to use it were too extreme. Other than that I would make the point that hitsugaya's shikai or bankai have been less than impressive. The ice dragon without the weather control was relatively weak so far (it did not even chill yami) and his bankai without weather control has never been extremely impressive and if anything it has been somewhat subpar to other bankais so far.

Lets imagine a byakuya vs hitsugaya scenario against the techniques hitsugaya has shown which are worth some mention. The first would be the thing he used against luppi. While byakuya could definitely be frozen there would be the issue of the petals. Even while byakuya is being frozen the petals could either target ice being formed or hitsugaya himself. I don't think all the petals bring frozen is an option. Now, what about the ice pillar? That is even less of a threat. Byakuya's bankai is convenient in that in this scenario defense would be extremely simple. All byakuya would have to do is make a dome of petals over him and the ability would be basically cancelled completely. The only issue byakuya would suffer here would be the outermost layer of petal being frozen and even that is not too difficult. Ultimately we saw gin's shikai being a good enough defense against hitsugaya's weather control while in shikai... its not that much of a stretch that a captains bankai would end up working well against bankai weather control. I guess we have yet to see what spamming weather control would be like in bankai but it does not necessarily put hitsugaya above any particular captain. If anything actually mastery of his bankai should put hitsugaya's bankai in the same league as other captains bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH, I think Hitsugaya was already on par with Byakuya at the end of the Arrancar arc...I mean, the guy could control the weather to an extent!!! I know it doesn't necessarily prove anything, but imagine what would happen if Byakuya tried to fight against him...he'd simply freeze his Senbonzakura, freeze Byakuya, and (in the words of Gin) that'd be all she wrote!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast