Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Servant x Service

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Servant x Service

Servant x Service
    Genre: Comedy
    Production: A-1 Pictures
    Director: Yamamoto Yasutaka
    Starring: Suzuki Tatsuhisa, Nakahara Mai, and Kayano Ai

Anime about the staff of the health and welfare section of the ward office of a certain city. Newcomers Hasebe Yutaka, Yamagami, Miyoshi Saya, and their supervisor Ichimiya Taishi go through the everyday quirks of working at their office.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Servant x Service

Episode 1:

Fine comedy material... Somewhat a replacement for Hataraku.

Yamagami: That name... Oh my god... Will she be able to take revenge on that evil guy who passed her birth certificate?
    Hasebe: Love him... He is the master of slacking off. Always teasing Lucy with her abbreviated name... XD
    Miyoshi: She is adorable... Furthermore she is trying her best at work.

Chihaya: I thought she was emotionless and that nothing could make her waver. But then Lucys breasts shocked her...
    Senpai: So he works there for 8 years but doesn't know what to do with his Kouhai... Way to go...

All in all an enjoyable first episode. I'll definitely watch episode 2.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasebe is going to be one of the stars of this series. "I've always been excellent at everything I do" Besides, he can get girls' e-mails pretty quickly. An exemplary office worker for sure
    The other, I hope, will be Chihaya, since her dry looks and rather dull attitude demonstrated is perfect for comedy, not to mention that "size" thing kicking in and throwing her off slightly

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 1:

Fine comedy material... Somewhat a replacement for Hataraku.

Yamagami: That name... Oh my god... Will she be able to take revenge on that evil guy who passed her birth certificate?
    Hasebe: Love him... He is the master of slacking off. Always teasing Lucy with her abbreviated name... XD

Chihaya: I thought she was emotionless and that nothing could make her waver. But then Lucys breasts shocked her...
    Senpai: So he works there for 8 years but doesn't know what to do with his Kouhai... Way to go...

All in all an enjoyable first episode. I'll definitely watch episode 2.
    You summed this episode perfectly.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the early highlights of the season, so far. Episode one was really funny. I also think Hasebe could be a breakout star, he and Lucy have great comedic chemistry. Yamagami herself was very funny, the supporting cast also are all interesting.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone, great and hilarious first episode!

Anyone else who loved the opening as much as I do? So fresh and flashy

On a random note, look at 1:09. Somehow it feels like they're indicating there's a chip inside that bunny. Someone trying to smuggle important info outside?

Such jokes will always remind me of Emi for quite a while
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; July 07, 2013 at 07:23 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Servant x Service

Episode 2:

I just love how jealous Chihaya is regarding Lucys boobs... x'D
    And she is an Otaku hahahahaha... Chihaya became my favorite character with almost no effort...

Did I see Yokkyun from The World God only Knows in Hasebes monologue about games...? He is such an awesome pervert too.

"F" - "Oh they look that small... Yay" <--- LOOOOL I literally fell out of my chair after hearing that. How for gods sake is Chihaya able to stay so calm on the outside?

Toko is scary... (But a Brocon ) Although how is that an hobby...? XD

And that Granny... Oh god... Help...

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Chihaya had the same thought as me, I wanted to see those Rose Black and Blue Hydrangea costumes. A1 really like brocon, Toko reminded me of someone... But I found her adorable. I loved her discussion with Miyoshi.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucy is great!! I like her. And her name, lol! Poor Lucy-chan, I have met people with four names but Lucy takes the cake with her 13 names!

Quote Quote:
    I love him as well! He is awesome!! My favorite character so far. Everything he says or does is so funny. I especially liked the scene where he asked his senpai where he could rest and take breaks during work.

Quote Quote:
    She is a sweetheart, she is so nice!

Quote Quote:
    Poor senpai! He is in charge of a very funny, crazy and challenging group.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Hasebe is going to be one of the stars of this series. "I've always been excellent at everything I do" Besides, he can get girls' e-mails pretty quickly. An exemplary office worker for sure
    Hasebe is hilariously awesome!! I also like his interactions with Lucy; and he seems to have a thing for Lucy, although he is very suave with all the ladies.

Quote Quote:
    The other, I hope, will be Chihaya, since her dry looks and rather dull attitude demonstrated is perfect for comedy, not to mention that "size" thing kicking in and throwing her off slightly
    I think Lucy, the other part of the hilarious duo, will be the other star of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    he and Lucy have great comedic chemistry.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

Anyone else who loved the opening as much as I do? So fresh and flashy

The op is almost hypnotizing and the song is very catchy. About the bunny…I wonder who the owner of that bunny is…

Chihaya became my favorite character with almost no effort...
    Her love for cosplay is priceless!

Quote Quote:
    Did I see Yokkyun from The World God only Knows in Hasebes monologue about games...? He is such an awesome pervert too.
    I recognized some of the game names like Pokimon (Pokemon) and Mariko Kart (Mario Kart) but I had no clue about the rest of the games so I pretty much had the same reaction as Lucy, until Chihaya outed Hase by saying some of the games were adult games.

Quote Quote:
    "F" - "Oh they look that small... Yay" <--- LOOOOL I literally fell out of my chair after hearing that. How for gods sake is Chihaya able to stay so calm on the outside?
    Just how big is her cup size?!!

Quote Quote:
    Toko is scary... (But a Brocon ) Although how is that an hobby...? XD
    Toko…I don’t hate her but I don’t like her either, although I must say that I found chibi Toko very adorable and I also found her love for her brother crazy but sweet.

Quote Quote:
    And that Granny... Oh god... Help...
    Granny is great!!

Since nobody has mentioned it yet I thought I would mention just how awesome the cast of seiyuu in this series is, they are amazing!!! My seiyuu fangirl was really happy reading some of the names that are part of the cast.

I’m enjoying watching this anime a lot!! I like the mixture of real stuff with outrageous and comedic stuff. There have been some scenes where I have laughed because they are so real, like having clients/customers who tell you all about their problems and their whole lives before they get to the point of what they need or want.

S x S is a great anime and I’m looking forward to watch episode 3!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 13, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Lucy is great!! I like her. And her name, lol! Poor Lucy-chan, I have met people with four names but Lucy takes the cake with her 13 names!
    Four is a lot already but 13 really is... special...

Quote Quote:
    I love him as well! He is awesome!! My favorite character so far. Everything he says or does is so funny. I especially liked the scene where he asked his senpai where he could rest and take breaks during work.
    At least he is honest.

Quote Quote:
    Poor senpai! He is in charge of a very funny, crazy and challenging group.
    Furthermore he totally lacks self confidence...

Quote Quote:
    Hasebe is hilariously awesome!! I also like his interactions with Lucy; and he seems to have a thing for Lucy, although he is very suave with all the ladies.
    I wonder. I guess he just likes to tease her.

Quote Quote:
    Her love for cosplay is priceless!
    I'd never thought she would be such a big Otaku... Quite the surprise...

Quote Quote:
    Just how big is her cup size?!!
    Well Hasebe does know now...

Quote Quote:
    Toko…I don’t hate her but I don’t like her either, although I must say that I found chibi Toko very adorable and I also found her love for her brother crazy but sweet.
    I'm always happy if a cute Tsundere is involved... So I really like Toko.

Episode 3:

Hasebe and Lucy... They really are the stars of this show... Every interaction between them is just way too funny...
    Incredible that they made Lucys breasts a plot device again... Who would have thought that Hasebe would save her?

Furthermore it was funny how often Hasebe forgot to ask for Lucys E-Mail adress... He had so many chances...
    In the end he really is a nice guy who is quite skilled... With kids, with deaf people... Impressive.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At least he is honest.
    True, true. And sometimes he's even too honest, like when he admitted he cared more about Lucy’s breast than about her name.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder. I guess he just likes to tease her.
    Maybe I’m a hopeless romantic but I think there are deeper feelings in his teasing.

Quote Quote:
    Furthermore it was funny how often Hasebe forgot to ask for Lucys E-Mail adress... He had so many chances...
    That was funny I agree.

Quote Quote:
    In the end he really is a nice guy who is quite skilled... With kids, with deaf people... Impressive.
    He is also hard to decipher; he can be a bit mean but he is also very kind, he can be insensitive but he can also be considerate, sometimes it seems he doesn’t care about his job but other times he really does care about his job and about helping people. I like how there is more to him than meets the eye. And yep, I wasn’t expecting for him to have so many talents!

Btw, I found it quite funny how Lucy didn’t realize that everyone had noticed what happened with her bra and she really does have a talent for ignoring Hasebe’s harassment.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So the section chief is the little bunny? Awesome, now the opening makes sense haha

I'm really enjoying the show, Miyoshi's obsession with Cosplay is hilarious. Hasebe and Lucy make an incredibly funny pairing too, I'm actually rooting for Hasebe to win her over.

And that end, Lucy lying on a bed with another girl... plus someone changed her clothes

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    True, true. And sometimes he's even too honest, like when he admitted he cared more about Lucy’s breast than about her name.
    Well I can't blame him... There are things he wanted to know... And Lucy told him... x'D

Quote Quote:
    Maybe I’m a hopeless romantic but I think there are deeper feelings in his teasing.
    I agree now. They would make a very cute and fun couple.

Quote Quote:
    He is also hard to decipher; he can be a bit mean but he is also very kind, he can be insensitive but he can also be considerate, sometimes it seems he doesn’t care about his job but other times he really does care about his job and about helping people. I like how there is more to him than meets the eye. And yep, I wasn’t expecting for him to have so many talents!
    Hasebe is my favourite haracter of SxS... He has the best punchlines and his behaviour is too funny...
    I really like that he is a very caring person. He is reliable if he has to be.

Quote Quote:
    Btw, I found it quite funny how Lucy didn’t realize that everyone had noticed what happened with her bra and she really does have a talent for ignoring Hasebe’s harassment.
    She is just too cute.

Episode 4:

Oh god... Their boss is a stuffed pink bunny... This is way too good...
    Furthermore Miyoshis face after Lucy revealed that she told Hasebe her bra size just once...
    The cosplay war between Chihaya and Hasebe...

I almost felt sorry for Hasebe after Lucy turned him down twice with a "lame" reason...

But really... The bunny took the cake.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

So much awesomeness going on! Chihaya and Ichimiya dating each other was something I'd never think of in the first place. I'm not sure if Ichimiya is lucky or a man of misfortune, between Chihaya and Toko
    I was almost imagining he was into Lucy himself, trying to drive away Hasebe, but it looks like it was just speaking from experience!

That awesome emphasis on the word "like" from Chihaya

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that was an awesome episode... The whole Hasebe family is awesome... Evertyhing Haseba himself said was outstanding...
    Though the best part was his sister... I mean Kaoru agreed to a threesome with her brother and Lucy... What the fuck...?

"Hasebe do you think girls with breasts that big exist? If so I'd feel rather relieved!" <--- Killer line...

Chihaya being Senpais girlfriend was unexpected too... I thought all hell would break lose after Toko found them but it was even better...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; August 06, 2013 at 05:24 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast