Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 103 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 104 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 105 RAW | Translation

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but I'm just a little surprised some people didn't know goldfish scooping. I guess I watch too much anime.

I read the translation, and I'll just ignore Ryuuji breaking the rule, because rules have been break before in PoT (Niou and Yagyuu not serving according to judge, same with Kaidoh and Momo mask, apparently), it just doesn't matter anymore to me. It's fun to read and that's that.

I do find it funny that everyone (including me), seem to predict Sanada vs #2. But it turn out #6 can solo both Sanada and Akutsu, lol. At least their National self, but with base stat boost.

I don't know, I see argument before on how easily piss of = lower mental for Kaidoh. Does this means Sanada got low mental as well? It sure looks that way to me.

Unless easily piss off=/= low mental, then it would also lift the same for Kaidoh.
    Last edited by -Ken-; July 02, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Sanada is showing signs of mental weakness, which doesn't really make sense because he's a fairly emotionless guy outside of laughing at his opponent for being pathetic, though I guess you can say that he's not used to anyone being better than he is.

I don't think 1on2 in POT is all that hard. Atobe did it for a while in the first set against 2 guys that are supposed to be better than him. Even way back with the Momoshiro and Ryoma double it's said that both of them can cover like at least 3/4 of the court due to their speed, so it seems like the only drawback for doing 1on2 is that you might expand more energy and that you might not be able to use your dominant hand the whole time, and these weaknesses are rendered irrelevent due to the fact Omagari is supposed to have the highest endurance out of the 1st stringers.

I noticed that Tanegashima is sitting in front, so what they should do is just aim the ball at him like Tohno would do. Even if you assume Tanegashima can trivially dodge that stuff, since he has no racket there's literally no harm in trying, because it's not like he can possibly do anything to counter it.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

AGAIN we have a chapter cover of just Byoudouin, Ryoga, Ryoma & Tokugawa.
    I really don't know who is gonna face who right now.

Akutsu x Sanada's racket "Still a better love story than twilight".

LOL Tanegashima put a hole through Sanada's racket. Like him even more now.
    Ohmagari uses the same grip as Kai, the reverse grip.

Its crazy. I mentioned to Kaoz a while ago, that by right, Sanada and Akutsu should have atrocious partnership because Akutsu should have terrible Doubles skills.
    At the moment, I think I'll blame Akutsu for his position for that racket to the jaw.

I was wrong about Ohmagari being outclassed. He keeps the Top10 consistent with being stronger than 7-10.
    My only issue is, is this Nationals!Sanada they are defeating? If so, Nationals!Yukimura could already beat that and we're facing the No.2 of the nation now, so why do we need to be shown Nationals!Sanada is weak against these guys. Its common sense.

I wanna see Akutsu go 10ao and Sanada bring out BA so much now. Hopefully Tanegashima gets up.
    Tanegashima is the coolest cat in the camp for being able to relax and sit down in a match. He's totally schooling and embarassing Akutsu & Sanada.
    I think Konomi has gone maybe too far in underlining Tanegashima's ability? He's made Sanada & Akutsu look like trash. I'm not sure what they can do to restore their pride now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't think 1on2 in POT is all that hard. Atobe did it for a while in the first set against 2 guys that are supposed to be better than him.
    Atobe got wrecked like a bitch when he tried a 2 VS 1. Ochi/Mouri casually took the set 6-0, Atobe couldn't get a point lol.
    It was Synchro that let him win. Which was awesome btw.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Tanegashima put a hole through Sanada's racket.
    He basically parried Rai with the same amount of force back at Sanada like Tai Chi. Essentially, Sanada hit himself with Rai.

Quote Quote:
    Its crazy. I mentioned to Kaoz a while ago, that by right, Sanada and Akutsu should have atrocious partnership because Akutsu should have terrible Doubles skills.
    At the moment, I think I'll blame Akutsu for his position for that racket to the jaw.
    I do too, because Sanada has played doubles quite a few times and has shown no signs of not being able to do it. It is Akutsu who can't cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron
    Obviously Sanada is showing signs of mental weakness, which doesn't really make sense because he's a fairly emotionless guy outside of laughing at his opponent
    Sanada never had a good mental game. Ever. He is too stubborn. Stubbornness was the reason he lost to Echizen, the reason he would have lost against Atobe, and the reason he lost games against TPhantom. Sanada's priorities are always with "how" he wins, rather than simply winning.

Side Note:
    Nobody commented on what I said about Shuuji personifying Yukimura in this match.
    Last edited by Fayte; July 02, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post

Sanada never had a good mental game. Ever. He is too stubborn. Stubbornness was the reason he lost to Echizen, the reason he would have lost against Atobe, and the reason he lost games against TPhantom. Sanada's priorities are always with "how" he wins, rather than simply winning.

Side Note:
    Nobody commented on what I said about Shuuji personifying Yukimura in this match.
    Stubborn isn't the same as mentally weak. When he played Ryoma it says he didn't let Yukimura's surgery bother him, which we know is a pretty big deal to him. If he's shaken up by someone returning Rai then he should be shaken up when Tezuka used Tezuka Phantom to counter Rai as well. You can say he really doesn't care for mental games since he's always going to just play a game his way whether it's good or bad. If he ignored Yukimura's advice and continued to use Rai and lose to Tezuka, I see no reason to think why he'd somehow be traumatized just because his way didn't work. It seems like all that does is make him try to figure out some kind of more powerful technique that cannot be negated by Tezuka Phantom.

I said pretty much the same thing you're saying in the other thread, that Sanada is likely to beat Tanegashima and you'll probably have Yukimura say something like 'Sanada has totally surpassed me now by beating a guy that's a strictly stronger version of myself, but don't worry guys when I come back from America I'll be on top again', so that Sanada can 'beat' Yukimura without actually beating him.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^People seem to take greater mental damage when they are confronted with their own techniques or something similar, e.g. Sengoku using Dunk Smash against Momoshiro, or Jackal returning Kaidou's Boomerang Snake with an around the pole shot of his own. The bottle business and being told not to get upset by Kirihara and Akutsu of all people probably didn't help either.

AGAIN we have a chapter cover of just Byoudouin, Ryoga, Ryoma & Tokugawa.
    I really don't know who is gonna face who right now.
    The pages after the chapter have it as Byoudouin vs Tokugawa and Ryoga vs Ryoma again, I don't see why those pages exist if the matches won't happen like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I do too, because Sanada has played doubles quite a few times and has shown no signs of not being able to do it. It is Akutsu who can't cooperate.
    There is absolutely nothing in this chapter to suggest that it was Akutsu's fault. Sanada is the one who's getting thrown off by Tanegashima and Ohmagari and if you look at the position Akutsu is in after going down, it looks like the ball was coming to his side of the court, meaning Sanada had no business being there.

Call is a misunderstanding and lack of communication if you want, but solely blaming Akutsu and saying Sanada wasn't at fault at all doesn't match up with the panels.

My only issue is, is this Nationals!Sanada they are defeating? If so, Nationals!Yukimura could already beat that and we're facing the No.2 of the nation now, so why do we need to be shown Nationals!Sanada is weak against these guys. Its common sense.
    Maybe it is, but it's still something that could have been shown in multiple ways. E.g. Yukimura returned Rai as well, but he had to resort to a trick, whereas Tanegashima just has enough technique (or whatever) to block it without getting his gut broken (instead of using the frame or something).
    And then Ohmagari of course who actually gets to show off as well and isn't just in Tanegashima's shadow throughout the whole match.

That said, besides Ochi and Mouri, none of the G10 so far started the match at their full strength, so that was probably a non-serious Tanegashima casually beating Rai.
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 03, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Ochi doesn't quite use Mental Assassin either at the start either, but that technique seemed to only work 1 time in 3 set match and generally last until the end (judging from what they say about Atobe Mental aren't entirely collapsing).
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Ochi doesn't quite use Mental Assassin either at the start either, but that technique seemed to only work 1 time in 3 set match and generally last until the end (judging from what they say about Atobe Mental aren't entirely collapsing).
    From what Oni said, there needs to be pressure in the first place for Ochi to amplify, so it probably doesn't work outside of specific situations like you said. He used the tool to create that pressure, his Mach serve, right from the start though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I'd assume even the mentally weakest person would have no pressure if they're up say 5-0 so the situation has to be pretty close (e.g. 4-4, 5-4, 4-5) for it to even work.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or is it REALLY FUN to see Sanada being trolled?

I don't even like Tanegashima and I like Sanada.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a test for Sanada to see if he can surpass basically a buffed Yukimura. Is likely he will overcome him with BA, 10ao and some new technique. BA alone isn't going to beat Shuuji, it will take some games until he adapts to it and starts a counter, Oomagari isn't going to stop BA.
    Sanada will develop either new FuuRinKainzanrai forms with BA and win or use a new technique.

What about Akutsu? How do you guys think he'll evolve in the match? Because Sanada isn't going to be the only one to get all the spotlight, Akutsu will do it too.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I'd assume even the mentally weakest person would have no pressure if they're up say 5-0 so the situation has to be pretty close (e.g. 4-4, 5-4, 4-5) for it to even work.
    To be fair, even Tezuka (Niou) can't answer Mach, though. And while Atobe can, he need insight to do so and he still can't answer it consistently. It's pretty sick for sure. There should be some pressure for sure.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Sanada will score some with BA!FuuRinKainZanRai, but I doubt it will be an easy match. May come down to luck at the end of the game, may also end up with them losing.

Prediction: Sanada will go alone against Ohmagari for a few games until Akutsu is recovered, like Atobe did in the 2nd game, and may fare better since he's originally a single player anyway.

Hell, Sanada may win the first game all by himself because he plays better singles.

And then in the 2nd game Tanegashima may rejoin if Sanada ends up winning. Akutsu will shine at the 2nd game or 3rd game. It's kind of hard to think of Akutsu's new tech since Akutsu was defeated in PoT before DBZ moves are spammed.

P.S. If Yukimura behaves like Tanegashima, I would love him a lot more.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

the ba will tame Akutsu and give them the edge in this game. He must break Ohmagari for forced Tanegashima Watch full force.otherwise I'm still surprised by the high level of G10.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast