Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

Sanada as far as I remember has only been shown playing doubles once before in the manga and it was in a video match of Rikkai vs Fudoumine. He played with Renji and from the commentary on there, they had said that it was like both players were playing Singles and not Doubles.

I think it can be somewhat safe to say, Sanada should be held somewhat at fault for smacking his own teammate.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Correct. It was Inui's tape of Rikkai vs Fudoumine; Sanada and Renji were basically playing singles.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    Maybe Sanada will score some with BA!FuuRinKainZanRai, but I doubt it will be an easy match. May come down to luck at the end of the game, may also end up with them losing.

Prediction: Sanada will go alone against Ohmagari for a few games until Akutsu is recovered, like Atobe did in the 2nd game, and may fare better since he's originally a single player anyway.

Hell, Sanada may win the first game all by himself because he plays better singles.

And then in the 2nd game Tanegashima may rejoin if Sanada ends up winning. Akutsu will shine at the 2nd game or 3rd game. It's kind of hard to think of Akutsu's new tech since Akutsu was defeated in PoT before DBZ moves are spammed.

P.S. If Yukimura behaves like Tanegashima, I would love him a lot more.
    You're confusing games and sets right? How can a person playing alone win a set? He could only win his service games, win every point he can as a receiver, and hope that the enemy does a double fault when they are serving against Akutsu (a guy dead on the floor, so it's all about getting the ball in the court).

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    ^^Correct. It was Inui's tape of Rikkai vs Fudoumine; Sanada and Renji were basically playing singles.
    How come? I thought that Renji was actually a very good doubles player... that means that Sanada sucks at doubles and Renji had to "play as in singles" (just like Momo and Ryoma)?

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sanada isnt quite as fail in doubles as Ryoma and Kintarou, but he isnt a doubles player by nature, so he's not used to having to share the court. He doesnt really understand doubles tactics nor does he try to use them. So far from what it seems him and Akutsu are pretty much only just hitting whatever they an each get to.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    You're confusing games and sets right? How can a person playing alone win a set? He could only win his service games, win every point he can as a receiver, and hope that the enemy does a double fault when they are serving against Akutsu (a guy dead on the floor, so it's all about getting the ball in the court).
    Hmm... From where I see, since Tanegashima just sat there during the second half of the set, there's no reason to believe Akutsu can't do the same thing. It's not like Konomi hasn't nudged the rules before. A person wielding two rackets is definitely pushing it.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... From where I see, since Tanegashima just sat there during the second half of the set, there's no reason to believe Akutsu can't do the same thing. It's not like Konomi hasn't nudged the rules before. A person wielding two rackets is definitely pushing it.
    Half set? just 3 points, and it's only because Ohmagari is serving (so, Tanegashima actually doesn't have to hit any balls).

So no, Akutsu can't do "the same"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole "Sanada and Yanagi played double as if it's singles" just means they had no reason to take the match seriously.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Half set? just 3 points, and it's only because Ohmagari is serving (so, Tanegashima actually doesn't have to hit any balls).

So no, Akutsu can't do "the same"
    Alright then. Guess we'll see. I wonder how Atobe did it when he did the second set all by himself, though. Maybe they just gave up the game where Niou has to serve?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright then. Guess we'll see. I wonder how Atobe did it when he did the second set all by himself, though. Maybe they just gave up the game where Niou has to serve?
    3rd set, he got destroyed in the 2nd.

Bad writing, simple as that. The 1st string was winning 5-0, and somehow Atobe-Niou managed to win 5 games in a row (when, actually, Niou couldn't serve at all, and they were giving his game to the 1st string)... unless I'm missing something.

So yeah, I expect something more than "bad writing".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In theory Atobe could drag Niou to the base line during Niou's serve and then Niou throw the ball up while on the ground and barely get it over the net with an underhand serve. It'd be a terrible serve but since Atobe can synchro with himself he can take it over from there. However I don't see how Niou can possibly return any serve while on the floor so unless the other side constantly double faulted there's no way Atobe can win any games where they're not serving. Even Byodouin can't pull off what he did there (thuogh he can probably KO the opposing team during his serve and win that way).

The other explanation would be that if nobody can tell the difference between Atobe and Niou, Atobe can pretend to be Niou and return/serve for him.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

1st one No, there was never mentioned that Niou could even move by himself (let alone doing an underhand serve) before his last point... and it's impossible for someone of the G10 to do a double fault against someone that is dead on the floor.

2nd one No, again. Atobe got angry against Kabaji because he cheated... would he do it himself? No.

That comeback is just bs, Atobe only won because this is The King of Tennis and he can't lose.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

For speculation and theories, SPoT has been rather disappointing the last five months. Really, all there is to say about next month's chapters is that we expect Sanada to use BA and for there to be some result, which will probably be Shuuji returning BA immediately or after a number of points.

For all the hype that some members of this forum have given BA, technically, we barely know anything about it. All we know is that it produced an incredibly quick shot and that it intimidates people (read: fodder). Yuki felt fear, but he always feels fear when confronted with something that's outside of his purview (see Ryoma using Saiki, as well as Full Body Hyakuren, as an example). It's not even clear if BA can damage people.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad writing, simple as that. The 1st string was winning 5-0, and somehow Atobe-Niou managed to win 5 games in a row (when, actually, Niou couldn't serve at all, and they were giving his game to the 1st string)... unless I'm missing something.

Oh yes, I forgot that one.

So it is possible that Sanada will win the first game all by himself then if we follow SPoT ever-changing rules of tennis? Guess we'll see.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They were only up 3-0 in the third set before Atobe and Niou synchro'd. The complete score should be like this:

Spoiler show

Now the obvious problem is that for Atobe/Niou to win any of Ochi's or Mouri's service games, Niou needs to return one of their serves. My best guess here is that Synchro allowed him to temporarily ignore his body's limitations (compare Oishi/Kikumaru vs Shishido/Ootori where Kikumaru noticed that Oishi's wrist had reached its limit, but Oishi himself would have continued) and hit a return somehow.

Of course, it might be a bit unbelievable that Niou got lucky in the first tiebreak and then managed to use Synchro to ignore his pain for a short moment, but at least the score makes sense that way.

As for the current match, I'm pretty sure if Akutsu is actually knocked out, they should have to forfeit. However since Ryoma vs Ryoga is the next match and neither of them are present at this time, Tanegashima might allow them to replace Akutsu and repeat the challenge or something, in which case Kaidou would make the most sense, both because Ohmagari is the HSer with the most stamina, and because Kaidou was with Sanada when they encountered Tanegashima.
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 05, 2013 at 04:29 AM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    They were only up 3-0 in the third set before Atobe and Niou synchro'd. The complete score should be like this:

Spoiler show
    Wait what, where did you get that info? Every translation I read said 5-0 ...

Now the obvious problem is that for Atobe/Niou to win any of Ochi's or Mouri's service games, Niou needs to return one of their serves. My best guess here is that Synchro allowed him to temporarily ignore his body's limitations (compare Oishi/Kikumaru vs Shishido/Ootori where Kikumaru noticed that Oishi's wrist had reached its limit, but Oishi himself would have continued) and hit a return somehow.

Of course, it might be a bit unbelievable that Niou got lucky in the first tiebreak and then managed to use Synchro to ignore his pain for a short moment, but at least the score makes sense that way.
    Oishi couldn't continue. If he had hit that ball, he would had gotten severly injured and he wouldn't had been able to continue. He was litearally at his limit (that match also has poor writing btw, how the hell Shishido scored 2 times in a row with his Rising against a Synchro pair, that's f@cked up). Being in Syncrho doesn't mean that you ignore your body limitations (except the Mutsus, they fly ). We didn't see Niou hit 1 ball before his epic last point...

So, unless Konomi explains it a little (he won't) that 3rd set is just terrible writing.

As for the current match, I'm pretty sure if Akutsu is actually knocked out, they should have to forfeit. However since Ryoma vs Ryoga is the next match and neither of them are present at this time, Tanegashima might allow them to replace Akutsu and repeat the challenge or something, in which case Kaidou would make the most sense, both because Ohmagari is the HSer with the most stamina, and because Kaidou was with Sanada when they encountered Tanegashima.
    I'd love to see that happen but... Akutsu has been hyped since like chapter 10 (said it before), wouldn't it be kinda lame if he just missed his match (after having his own chapters)? He's a street fighter, literally, Sai said it, hir reputation would be ruined if he doesn't stand up. The only 3 that I remember getting KOed are Yanagisawa (Dunk Smash to the face), Kikumaru (...but he actually came back) and Inui (he ate like 5 balls or more, literally). All of them are considerably weaker than Akutsu so... I dunno.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast