Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #31
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Wait what, where did you get that info? Every translation I read said 5-0 ...
    I'm getting that from the raws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Oishi couldn't continue. If he had hit that ball, he would had gotten severly injured and he wouldn't had been able to continue. He was litearally at his limit (that match also has poor writing btw, how the hell Shishido scored 2 times in a row with his Rising against a Synchro pair, that's f@cked up). Being in Syncrho doesn't mean that you ignore your body limitations (except the Mutsus, they fly ). We didn't see Niou hit 1 ball before his epic last point...
    Shishdo didn't score any points against Synchro!GP, that was Ootori's serve. They return Neo Scud in the anime iirc, but not in the manga.

    Either way though, Oishi would have still hit that ball if Kikumaru hadn't stopped him, so there is a possibility that he didn't notice the severity of his injury himself. And while we didn't see Niou hit any balls prior to the final point, as long as Ochi and Mouri didn't double fault against him, he has to have done so. Not showing those instances might not be the best writing, but that doesn't mean there can't be an explanation for it.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Shishdo didn't score any points against Synchro!GP, that was Ootori's serve.
    Oh wait, true, I was just impressed by the fact that he took 2 points in a row with rising, but it was pre synchro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Either way though, Oishi would have still hit that ball if Kikumaru hadn't stopped him, so there is a possibility that he didn't notice the severity of his injury himself. And while we didn't see Niou hit any balls prior to the final point, as long as Ochi and Mouri didn't double fault against him, he has to have done so. Not showing those instances might not be the best writing, but that doesn't mean there can't be an explanation for it.
    Yeah, Oishi would have hit it, then forfeited and probably missed the finals...

    So every time Konomi makes a mistake there's an explanation? Like Ban getting shot in the stomach but they get to the match point there? It's more of a "Just cause" thing.

    Niou has to have done so, yeah, but we didn't see it at all, nor it was said. Even more, when Niou scored he said "This is doubles" implying he hadn't hit a single ball in a long time

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #33
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Well, Hardy, assuming that Ochi doesn't double fault, and we're told at the beginning that the accuracy of Mach is 100%, Niou has to get at least one return in play off of Mach.

  6. #34
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    So every time Konomi makes a mistake there's an explanation? Like Ban getting shot in the stomach but they get to the match point there? It's more of a "Just cause" thing.
    No, for example I have no idea how Niou returned Mach during the tiebreak of the first set besides luck. But if you can think of an explanation, there is no reason to just write it off as stupid (although it's certainly easier).

    Ban is pretty easy. They were at match point already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Niou has to have done so, yeah, but we didn't see it at all, nor it was said. Even more, when Niou scored he said "This is doubles" implying he hadn't hit a single ball in a long time
    I don't see how that's necessarily implied. It just means that Ochi and Mouri didn't pay attention to Niou at that time.

  7. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    In the game against Ban, I don't see how the point was that they had a double match point while Kawamura and Kabaji were getting air comboed by the opposing team and generally getting slaughtered the entire way. If they were supposed to be winning, it wouldn't make sense to have the 'huh?' reaction when they got the badges, because we know the winner is supposed to get the badge. The match point is clearly for Ban's team, and it looks like the final serve went out of bounds anyway, which means Kawamura and Kabaji lost the match but got the badge presumably for saving Ban's life. As for how the score end up the way it is, I can only surmise they're playing by power tennis rules where failing to knock your opponent off the court counts as a point loss. I mean Kawamura was basically like 'OMG even this has no effect on him', and that'd be kind of silly if they were playing by normal tennis rules since it should still be a point for him.

    In the Atobe and Niou game it shows Niou briefing standing up during synchro though he quickly goes back down to the floor in the subsequent frames. Niou can definitely return Mach Serve while he copied Atobe since he presumably gets AK but that's still not going to help if he can't actually stand up. That whole match is pretty bogus anyway as we see Niou using Tezuka Phantom to make up 6 points in a row and then suddenly unable to get more points which result in the long tiebreaker.

  8. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    In the game against Ban, I don't see how the point was that they had a double match point while Kawamura and Kabaji were getting air comboed by the opposing team and generally getting slaughtered the entire way. If they were supposed to be winning, it wouldn't make sense to have the 'huh?' reaction when they got the badges, because we know the winner is supposed to get the badge. The match point is clearly for Ban's team, and it looks like the final serve went out of bounds anyway, which means Kawamura and Kabaji lost the match but got the badge presumably for saving Ban's life. As for how the score end up the way it is, I can only surmise they're playing by power tennis rules where failing to knock your opponent off the court counts as a point loss. I mean Kawamura was basically like 'OMG even this has no effect on him', and that'd be kind of silly if they were playing by normal tennis rules since it should still be a point for him.
    I don't get why? it's 0-40 for Ban team with score at 0-5. Kawamura then score a point, making it 15-40. It's still match point.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't get why? it's 0-40 for Ban team with score at 0-5. Kawamura then score a point, making it 15-40. It's still match point.
    The way they talk to each other it really didn't seem like it was a triple/double match point situation before. The whole 'not even this worked' by Kawamura seems to suggest he lost a point, even though he should've won that point. I guess it really doesn't matter since the outcome of the match turn out to be irrelevent, but it sure looks like they're playing by some different rules there.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #38
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The way they talk to each other it really didn't seem like it was a triple/double match point situation before. The whole 'not even this worked' by Kawamura seems to suggest he lost a point, even though he should've won that point. I guess it really doesn't matter since the outcome of the match turn out to be irrelevent, but it sure looks like they're playing by some different rules there.
    Yeah, and after Ban gets hit they say: "Now then, match point". If they already had match point before that, they wouldn't had said that (oh wow, that was a hard sentence).

  13. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Yeah, and after Ban gets hit they say: "Now then, match point". If they already had match point before that, they wouldn't had said that (oh wow, that was a hard sentence).
    The only explanation I can think of is that in power tennis rules, failing to injure someone counts as losing a point.

  14. #40
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Or, you know, it's so that we as the reader actually know it's match point as well since we would have had no idea what the score was otherwise.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Right. There's an easy explanation for that in tennis rule. Real tennis rule that doesn't require anything out of proportion at all. It's just whether or not you want to take that explanation.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #42
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Or, you know, it's so that we as the reader actually know it's match point as well since we would have had no idea what the score was otherwise.
    Was it too hard to mention it before? If it is as you say, why would Kawamura save his best move for a point AFTER the first match point?

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    I really hate that there's nothing to Shuuji's technique other than pissing everyone off. He's more or less the Mori of this match. PoT was always character-driven, and the fact that Konomi is developing his characters less and less in this manga is just telling me that he wants to end the manga after the U-17 matches. Once the middle schoolers become first stringers we'll probably just get a scene of them winning a match overseas in the future and then a "THANK YOU FOR READING!!" message from Konomi. Like I mentioned in the other thread, he even forgot Ryoma speaks perfect English.

  21. #44
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Because he didn't know yet that a 26th Style or whatever it was didn't do anything and the 108th Style isn't something you just hit when you don't need to. They could have just as well mentioned it during that point, but that's just nitpicking on your part now.

    Damn ninjas... was @Hardy.

  22. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post

    For all the hype that some members of this forum have given BA, technically, we barely know anything about it. All we know is that it produced an incredibly quick shot and that it intimidates people (read: fodder). Yuki felt fear, but he always feels fear when confronted with something that's outside of his purview (see Ryoma using Saiki, as well as Full Body Hyakuren, as an example). It's not even clear if BA can damage people.
    Details about BA are irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, Sanada has something new, strong, and mysterious. That is all the reader needs to know. Simply put, Sanada has an upgrade. No upgrade will ever go to waste in PoT. No way in hell is Shuuji returning BA immediately.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts