Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    As far as we know, aren't TnK players kinda equal when they are in that state? Didn't Kintarou and Oni play like 6 games in TnK and they won 3 games each? Maybe my memory is failing though, but I'm too lazy to check

If that's right, then how'd Shuuji "Absolutely return" a shot that can't be seen (like Ryoma's against Yuki) + super strong (Oni power) + with a tech that either breaks your racket or your wrists (BJK)...?

That being said, maybe Akutsu (if he wakes up) will get TnK (which would be total BS, but it's a possibility, even more after the "I love tennis" chapter). It would be cool to see TnK in a doubles match, and against a rival that can actually fight against it (Oni could have done it, but he used TnK instead :/ ).
    Hardy, Oni led 5-0 in the second set. Kintarou activated TnK, went up 30-15, Oni activated TnK, Kintarou held, and the Oni held and won the set 6-1. They each held once while using TnK, so it's not really clear.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh well I wasn't that wrong then, it wasn't one sided at all... it was just short I guess

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    i'm still debating could shuji return atobe kingdom.
    ^ The beginning of a massive rabbit trail.

Leave Atobe out of the thread.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    i'm still debating could shuji return atobe kingdom.
    Of course he can't return it; AK isn't a shot.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno dude.
    Remember how we needed a camera to slow down the speedy TnK!Ryoma serve?
    But we didn't need a camera for TnK!Oni's serve? Or TnK!Kintaro?

It means TnK!Ryoma has the best serve of the TnK guys most likely.
    It means that when Ryoma said "I'll slow it down for you" to Yukimura, he was only talking about his serve, which makes the most sense.
    Since Ryoma couldn't have been still "slowing it down" but be forced to try and use Samurai Drive like he was forced to do against Kintaro in the Semi's.

But TnK rallying is flawless which is why Yukimura was stunned by the rallying for almost 6 straight games.

I'd say TnK!Ryoma has the best serve but they're all equal in TnK with maybe Oni edging it by stats.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that in the G10 series of games, Konomi suddenly remembered that the server has an enormous advantage in the tennis like they do in real life, as opposed to something that's completely irrelevent which is the case in most of POT. There could still be significant difference between Oni and Kintaro and Kintaro can still hold his serve due to the inherent advantage of serving. Winning 6-4 6-4 would be a pretty comfortable victory in real life, and that's only one game broken per set.

For the camera to see TnK, I'm sure the refs in NPOT are significantly stronger than the ones in POT. I mean you're talking about refs who are watching players who TnK itself isn't anything too special, so it'd make sense for such refs to be able to see through these techniques fine.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides the camera stuff, another argument that could be made for TnK!Ryoma's serve being exceptionally good is that he received special (serve) training from Nanjirou before the finals. Tezuka, Oni and Kintarou didn't have that luxury.

As for Kintarou and Oni specifically, it could also be that Kijin!Oni is already much closer to Oni's limit than Kintarou is to his. So if they both end up playing at that limit in TnK, it makes sense for them to be closer overall.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly at this point in the manga TnK means nothing; it just shows that one or both opponent is having the time of his life. Maybe back in the original PoT it was some foretold Super Saiyan-esque transformation that increased your powers, but now it's just a showing way of telling the other guy "Wow, this is really getting fun!" There's no real power-up.

Konomi doesn't care about this manga anymore, we don't need to rack our brains for this kind of stuff anymore.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; July 15, 2013 at 07:06 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Honestly at this point in the manga TnK means nothing; it just shows that one or both opponent is having the time of his life. Maybe back in the original PoT it was some foretold Super Saiyan-esque transformation that increased your powers, but now it's just a showing way of telling the other guy "Wow, this is really getting fun!" There's o real power-up.

Konomi doesn't care about this manga anymore, we don't need to rack our brains for this kind of stuff anymore.
    To say "no real power-up" is a little off.
    Tooyama Kintaro went from a dying bastard to being able to enjoy rallies with the same guy who wrecked him like a bitch.
    The power-up is pretty evidence.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    To say "no real power-up" is a little off.
    Tooyama Kintaro went from a dying bastard to being able to enjoy rallies with the same guy who wrecked him like a bitch.
    The power-up is pretty evidence.
    Results of the match?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Results of the match?
    He and Oni both hold their serve. He lost because Oni was already too much ahead. And Oni also get a TnK upgrade to be able to rally with Kintarou. Don't see why there aren't any power up, really. It's really clear.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Oni and Kintaro played again and Oni wins 6-4 6-4 would you say Oni won that comfortably? I'd think so, and yet if Oni held his serve that'd mean he only break Kintaro's serve once per set.

Just because we're used to seeing people score 20+ points in a row while the opponent is literally getting killed doesn't mean that's the only way to win comfortably.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    He and Oni both hold their serve. He lost because Oni was already too much ahead. And Oni also get a TnK upgrade to be able to rally with Kintarou. Don't see why there aren't any power up, really. It's really clear.
    Oni can return ace on TnK with Kishin aura so I'm not even sure if he really needed the TnK upgrade. It seems to me it's at best a sidegrade compared to abilities Oni already had. That is you can say maybe TnK uses less energy or whatever but if you want pure power, he's already exceeded that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Only reason Oni got his TnK is because Konomi didn't want to write himself in a corner and have a non-TnK character beat a TnK character. He himself knows he's not good enough to write himself out of that one.

Konomi is a clown; everyone involved in this manga is a clown.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; July 16, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Konomi is a clown; everyone involved in this manga is a clown.
    Why are you even replying here then

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If Oni and Kintaro played again and Oni wins 6-4 6-4 would you say Oni won that comfortably? I'd think so, and yet if Oni held his serve that'd mean he only break Kintaro's serve once per set.
    It would be 7-6 7-6... and anyway, 6-4 6-4 against Kintarou (who was far inferior) doesn't seem too comfortable to me.

And just because Oni (prolly the 2nd or 3rd strongest character we've seen so far) doesn't need TnK, that makes it a "no real power-up"? That's just stupid.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Why are you even replying here then -_-
    Because just because I can criticize Konomi's writing and characters all I want, I can still enjoy the story. I enjoy reading this manga, the bizarre ideas, the art. It is possible to enjoy something that is of bad quality, you know. Or, am I wrong? I'll wait.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast