Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 80 of 80

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Why are you even replying here then

    ---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------



    It would be 7-6 7-6... and anyway, 6-4 6-4 against Kintarou (who was far inferior) doesn't seem too comfortable to me.

    And just because Oni (prolly the 2nd or 3rd strongest character we've seen so far) doesn't need TnK, that makes it a "no real power-up"? That's just stupid.
    If you always held serve and broke the other guy's serve exactly once in a set the only possible outcome is 6-4, 6-3, or 7-5. After the first 8 games, the score is either 4-4 (no breaks yet) or 5-3 (serve broken). If you serve first on a 5-3 you'd win 6-3. If you did not it'd be 6-4, and in the 4-4 case you could either win the next 2 games (hold serve, break serve), or if both hold it'd then be 5-5 and you have to win the next two games because we started with the assumption that you hold serve and broke opponent's serve exactly once.

    I think Federer only had 2 or 3 matches where he won 6-0 6-0, and I'd argue he plays plenty of opponents that have even less chance of beating him compared to the average matchup in POT. Holding your serve is supposed to be normal in tennis because serving is an overwhelming advantage, and even POT occasionally acknowledges this.
    Last edited by Phantron; July 16, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

  2. #77
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If you always held serve and broke the other guy's serve exactly once in a set the only possible outcome is 6-4, 6-3, or 7-5. After the first 8 games, the score is either 4-4 (no breaks yet) or 5-3 (serve broken). If you serve first on a 5-3 you'd win 6-3. If you did not it'd be 6-4, and in the 4-4 case you could either win the next 2 games (hold serve, break serve), or if both hold it'd then be 5-5 and you have to win the next two games because we started with the assumption that you hold serve and broke opponent's serve exactly once.

    I think Federer only had 2 or 3 matches where he won 6-0 6-0, and I'd argue he plays plenty of opponents that have even less chance of beating him compared to the average matchup in POT. Holding your serve is supposed to be normal in tennis because serving is an overwhelming advantage, and even POT occasionally acknowledges this.
    ... I know, but what I meant was, in TnK (even if they only played 2 games) there wasn't a broken serve (that's why I said, that it would end up 7-6 7-6). Dude why are you even mentioning real tennis :| You know that in PoT 6-4 (even more, against someone FAR INFERIOR) isn't a comfortable win, and that 6-0s happen quite often.

    If you wanna go offtopic... I remember Fed beating Gaudio 6-0 6-0 in the Masters Cup 2005 (I never liked Gaudio btw) and then he lost in the finals against Nalbaldian, that match was epic...... but yeah that's offtopic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Because just because I can criticize Konomi's writing and characters all I want, I can still enjoy the story. I enjoy reading this manga, the bizarre ideas, the art. It is possible to enjoy something that is of bad quality, you know. Or, am I wrong? I'll wait.
    So if you enjoy the story and the art, what's wrong about it? Isn't Konomi talented if he's able to write something that even his haters like?

    You're not wrong, but it wouldn't be bad at all if you didn't only pop up to say ¨I pity the fool that follows this ridiculous manga and his stupid writer¨ and some crazy theories that obviously will never happen... Every time.

  3. #78
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    So if you enjoy the story and the art, what's wrong about it?
    The inconsistencies, wavering power levels, nonsensical writing come to mind.

    Quote Quote:
    Isn't Konomi talented if he's able to write something that even his haters like?
    Working out is painful, but I and many people in the world enjoy it. Something can be "bad" and "good" at the same time. That doesn't require talent; more often than not it's just luck. Konomi's lucky that there isn't any other popular Shonen tennis manga out there.

    Quote Quote:
    You're not wrong, but it wouldn't be bad at all if you didn't only pop up to say ¨I pity the fool that follows this ridiculous manga and his stupid writer¨ and some crazy theories that obviously will never happen... Every time.
    Well, it's a discussion/predictions thread, freedom of speech, yadda-yadda.

  4. #79
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Working out is painful, but I and many people in the world enjoy it. Something can be "bad" and "good" at the same time. That doesn't require talent; more often than not it's just luck. Konomi's lucky that there isn't any other popular Shonen tennis manga out there.
    I get what you mean but that's too far.
    While SPoT simply hasn't been as good as PoT, Konomi has a massive loyal fan base from PoT in Japan which is why there was the massive demand from fans which even lead to Jump begging him to come back and make a sequel.

    Even if there was another tennis manga that was popular, PoT was just far too good for it affect Konomi lol.
    Konomi doesn't have to care about another Sports Manga in general. Anime studios will always be competing to animate his work.
    The 2nd Movie is an example. That was based on PoT, even though the manga had ended several years ago before the movie dropped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Results of the match?
    I don't think the Result of the match have any relevance to someone getting a power-up in PoT.

    Yukimura 7-1 Sanada in a tie-break (Sanada got freaking BA)
    Irie 6-6 Atobe (Atobe got AK)
    Washio/Suzuki 7-6 Tachibana/Chitose (WoK got some odd Synchro)
    Shiraishi 7-6 Fuji (Fuji got 5thCounter)
    Sanada 7-5 Tezuka (Tezuka got TezukaPhantom)
    Shishido/Ootori 7-6 Kikumaru/Oishi (GP got Synchro)

    I can go on and on and on...

  5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 103, 104 and 105 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Oni can return ace on TnK with Kishin aura so I'm not even sure if he really needed the TnK upgrade. It seems to me it's at best a sidegrade compared to abilities Oni already had. That is you can say maybe TnK uses less energy or whatever but if you want pure power, he's already exceeded that.
    Well, we do know that Kintarou managed to hold his serve off PoP Oni. Unless you want to argue that Kishin Oni might be stronger than PoP tennis, Oni actually stand a very real chance of losing. We've also seen other high tier people get ace. Even the king of return, Yukimura. And Yukimura was expecting a ball. Kintarou probably wasn't expecting the ball to be return at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Only reason Oni got his TnK is because Konomi didn't want to write himself in a corner and have a non-TnK character beat a TnK character. He himself knows he's not good enough to write himself out of that one.

    Konomi is a clown; everyone involved in this manga is a clown.
    Yeah, doesn't make your point before any more valid. This is just opinion. And until we've confirmed that Ryoma cannot use PoP at will or Tokugawa can use PoP, that already happen before.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts