Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you think Tobi character has redeemed itself?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (State why in a response below)

4 57.14%
  • No (State why in a response below)

3 42.86%
New Reply

Thread: Naruto Chapter 637 Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Naruto Chapter 637 Review

Hey Everybody, this is my first review ever of a Naruto Chapter so bear with me and enjoy: Naruto Chapter 637 Review: The Jinchuuriki of the Ten-Tails.

Let's Begin
    So the chapter starts off with Madara re-iterating what he said to Obito when he was little, and saying that he's finally going to return the favor. Kishimoto then leads us to believe that these are Obitos last few moments alive so he gives us flash black after flash back of Rin. He also makes the 3 original Hokage go after Madara, all in a sense trying to give us the allusion of him having his plan come to fruition...

Sasuke also leaves Naruto's side to take aim at Obito but fails miserably because Madara fires black rods at his Susano'o arrow from Obitos black Zetsu half to block his attack.

Everyone's making quick haste to stop his revival...and then we get a break through...we once again have Minato saving the day...and the war is over...and the Ninja world is saved...or is it..?

Kishimoto's given us more than we bargained for in this chapter...is it just me or does Minato make every panel so much more artistic and genuine...his fighting style is beautiful...lol I'm not a fanboy but this panel is worth more than a thousand words.

- Such few, sad, and beautiful words... "We'll become Hokage...right Obito?"

I feel bad for Minato...both him and Kakashi...they gave Obito hopes and dreams that he'd never come close to of fulfilling...having Rin as a girlfriend....becoming Hokage...Obito lost everything...long story short Minato was able to Shinsun teleport to him because of the seal he'd put on him back when he was fighting against Obito to release him of the Nine-Tails control.

BEST PANEL

I love Kishimotos use of the word 'JUDAS'....Obito resembles Jesus in a way in this chapter.
    Kishimoto also in a way applies the bible to this chapter of Naruto...Obito had to die once...using the Rinne Tensei...and had to be crucified by Kakashi and Madara...in order to conquer death or whatever...and that gave him the strength to become the Juubi's Jinchuuriki...or 'God' if you will.

I think Kishomoto's redeemed his character Tobi/Obito in this chapter...he's still as cool as ever...even when crazy...so I must conclude then that my favorite quote from this chapter will have to be:

...My Fellow Judas...

Also take note of Sasuke's words....he thinks everything's just going to run smoothly...and then...BAM PLOT TWIST

Obito Uchiha is now the first Pure Blood Uchiha to become a Jinchuuriki.

PREDICTIONS

*Obito may seal Madara himself.
    *Obito may revive Madara.
    *Kakashi will make his return from the cube world
    *This is going to end up like Power Rangers...

..Where Naruto is the Red Ranger.
    *Obito will cast Infinite Tsukiyomi and the next arc of Naruto will be about...how to get out of it or something.
    *Obito will start killing off main characters (hopefully)
    *Obito will get betrayed by Madara...who will decide to help the alliance.
    *The Sage of Six Paths himself may soon show up...who knows.

CONCLUSION

I honestly loved this chapter...and it's almost impossible to predict what's going to happen next week...(maybe Kishi will go on break ). I also just love Sasuke right now...the dude makes everything more interesting...and whenever Minato does something...it's always epic. Even when he was crying at Kushina's birth of baby Naruto and saying "Naruto, get out here!" it was still freakin' epic.

Some things we should take note of... 1) We don't really know how Obito pulled it off yet. 2) Naruto was the only one to actually know Obito's plan and everyone else didn't. 3) It seems like Obito cheated death again by using Izanagi on his final remaining Sharingan.

But anyway...I have to give this chapter a 5 out of 5 just because of the plot twist...I saw something like this coming anyway...I knew Obito would screw Madara over...I even had a thread about it last week...I just didn't know how he'd do it for sure...but he's done it in the biggest possible way.

Thanks for Reading...and here's a link to that thread: Tobi's going to Screw up Madara's plans

Last edited by narutotheory; July 04, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Chapter 637 Review

thank you for your review dude.
    i like it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Socrates's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

thx for the explanation. very nice review. Could i get the link of your reader? You have a very different translation as the one i am using. thx

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review.

Keep it up!.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You make way too big a deal of the allusion to "Judas"... that was Mangastream's translator taking liberties, as usual (I hate when he does that). Obito actually said something likw "My fellow betrayer." Note that, not only did he simply call Sasuke a betrayer, but he also didn't mean that Sasuke had betrayed him, but rather that Sasuke, like Obito, had betrayed his fellows.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    thx for the explanation. very nice review. Could i get the link of your reader? You have a very different translation as the one i am using. thx
    Mangastream.com

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    You make way too big a deal of the allusion to "Judas"... that was Mangastream's translator taking liberties, as usual (I hate when he does that). Obito actually said something likw "My fellow betrayer." Note that, not only did he simply call Sasuke a betrayer, but he also didn't mean that Sasuke had betrayed him, but rather that Sasuke, like Obito, had betrayed his fellows.
    Eh...it's just a readers analysis thing that I have...I apologize if I thought it too deep...but it would make sense a little bit..

New Reply