Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crackpot theory : Sternritters = Vasto Lorde

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Crackpot theory : Sternritters = Vasto Lorde

Just a random theory that I have been thinking on : besides their basic quincy powers (blut, shadow, arrows), Sternritters seem to have some very un-quincylike powers (As Nodt's fear, wtf ?). Also, JB is known to use Arrancars in his army as fodder. What if all (or most) of the Sternritters are actually Vasto Lorde that have been quincified by JB ? This would explain/be coherent with :

- Hitsugaya's statement that if there are a dozen VL in HM, then SS would be doomed
    - VL are humanoid
    - JB's statement that Uryu is the last true quincy alive
    - the variety and strangeness of the SR's powers
    - NaNaNa's look, a bit un-nazi like
    - JB established his headquarters in Hueco Mundo
    - JB mentionned he intended to "reeducate" (brainwash?) Ichigo ; maybe he brainwashed VL into thinking they are/belong with quincies. We have been shown Harribel captive : will she be revealed as one of the last SR not yet shown ?
    - where JB managed to find 26 guys of level equal to or higher than captain in 9 years... even if he gave them directly power, it's hard to believe he could turn anyone into a guy with the power level of, say, Haschwald.
    - I want to see some goddam Vasto Lorde !

What do you think ?

(Not really related, but on the topic of VL, if it is really Grimjow who helped Urahara in Hueco Mundo, maybe he finally succeeded in becoming a Vasto Lorde ? That might explain how he got powerful enough to get the drop on Urahara...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crackpot theory : Sternritters = Vasto Lorde

Quote Quote:
    - where JB managed to find 26 guys of level equal to or higher than captain in 9 years... even if he gave them directly power, it's hard to believe he could turn anyone into a guy with the power level of, say, Haschwald.
    Yeah, it's more belieavable that he found 26 VLs in those 9 years, right under Aizen's nose. [Sarcasm self-test complete]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Crackpot theory indeed (I would know considering I write them on a weekly basis)

Anyways, I can't imagine there being a shred of truth to this. To begin with the stern riter have not actually shown anything even resembling hollow like powers. The things which you mention which are not quincy like are also not hollow like at all. Quincy having special abilities of their own is definitely something new however you have to consider our sample size for evaluation through most of the manga was "3" which is less than relevant. And of those 3 souken was dead and largely unseen, ryuken has been uninvolved at large and ishida has only had a few fights and it does seem like his seemingly mixed heritage got in the way of him developing powers (blutz for instance).

That said, while juhabach does not even begin to care about his stern riter he cares even less about arrancar and presumably hollows. He killed himself every arrancar that has been before him and harribel was not getting what we could call fair treatment. More so, nothing we have seen from the quincy so far seems even vaguely hollow like let alone VL like. A VL might be roughly human like but that does not mean they will be exactly human like. VL are still hollows and wear masks in the end. One way or another they would look distinctly different from a human....

Also, juhabach did not stablish headquarters in HM. He simply sent a small squad to recruit arrancar and he did not even care to recover it after ichigo and urahara took care of everyone.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Yeah, it's more belieavable that he found 26 VLs in those 9 years, right under Aizen's nose. [Sarcasm self-test complete]
    Maybe it is... that could be the reason why Aizen didn't find any. Also, what's harder, finding a being of captain level or training one from scratch in 9 years ?

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Crackpot theory indeed (I would know considering I write them on a weekly basis)

Anyways, I can't imagine there being a shred of truth to this. To begin with the stern riter have not actually shown anything even resembling hollow like powers. The things which you mention which are not quincy like are also not hollow like at all. Quincy having special abilities of their own is definitely something new however you have to consider our sample size for evaluation through most of the manga was "3" which is less than relevant. And of those 3 souken was dead and largely unseen, ryuken has been uninvolved at large and ishida has only had a few fights and it does seem like his seemingly mixed heritage got in the way of him developing powers (blutz for instance).

That said, while juhabach does not even begin to care about his stern riter he cares even less about arrancar and presumably hollows. He killed himself every arrancar that has been before him and harribel was not getting what we could call fair treatment. More so, nothing we have seen from the quincy so far seems even vaguely hollow like let alone VL like. A VL might be roughly human like but that does not mean they will be exactly human like. VL are still hollows and wear masks in the end. One way or another they would look distinctly different from a human....

Also, juhabach did not stablish headquarters in HM. He simply sent a small squad to recruit arrancar and he did not even care to recover it after ichigo and urahara took care of everyone.
    All fine points. Although concerning the humanoid thing, it's been debated but unproved that we have actually seen even one complete Vasto Lorde. Pre-released espada are already looking pretty humanoid (save for a bit of mask, but that's an Arrancar's trademark), so maybe it means VL look completely human. Also the only confirmed quincified hollow we have seen, Ivan whatshisname, seemed ashamed of being an Arrancar and tried to deny it. He only used quincy techs and didn't use Cero or sonido, for example.

So yeah, I agree my theory is unlikely, but I don't think it is so completely ridiculous.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glougloubarbaki View Post
    Maybe it is... that could be the reason why Aizen didn't find any. Also, what's harder, finding a being of captain level or training one from scratch in 9 years ?
    Knowing his way of making soldier- giving them his BLOOD so they get Quincy powers... nope, making captain-level fighters isn't really all that hard.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

All fine points. Although concerning the humanoid thing, it's been debated but unproved that we have actually seen even one complete Vasto Lorde. Pre-released espada are already looking pretty humanoid (save for a bit of mask, but that's an Arrancar's trademark), so maybe it means VL look completely human. Also the only confirmed quincified hollow we have seen, Ivan whatshisname, seemed ashamed of being an Arrancar and tried to deny it. He only used quincy techs and didn't use Cero or sonido, for example.

So yeah, I agree my theory is unlikely, but I don't think it is so completely ridiculous.
    Was in not confirmed in the Databook or an Interview that Stark was a VL?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Was in not confirmed in the Databook or an Interview that Stark was a VL?
    I think a few people who translated the Masked Databoook said a majority of the Espada were VL class.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the SR(1000years ago) could of been eradicating Ancient hollows which were known as Vasto Lorde because they evolved into sense less killing machines.
    Especially if the Latest discovery is inside HM was something to do with where the Ice Palace is located.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I think a few people who translated the Masked Databoook said a majority of the Espada were VL class.
    The databooks were ambiguous on the matter. It did not clarify on whether the espada were VLs as hollows or whether the amount of power the possessed was comparable to that of VLs.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lyght's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think there VLs juha doesnt like hollows that much.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, wait, wait. He took all Vasto Lorde nine years ago, then vanished completely from HM only to arrive somewhere between 7 to 9 years later at the very same place to obliterate and enslave most arrancar? Why would he need those if he had VL already? How does that compute?

Quote Originally Posted by lyght View Post
    i don't think there VLs juha doesnt like hollows that much.
    "they are," ?
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 05, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    He took all Vasto Lorde nine years ago, than vanished completely from HM only to arrive somewhere between[...]

"then"

Also, past perfect tense should be used in that sentence, as arriving to HM happened before vanishing.

Oh, and you can't be sure if he didn't mean "I don't think there are VLs (in Juha's army for example). Juha doesn't like...". You shouldn't jump to conclusions.

@Topic: Juha could have gathered VL 9 years ago and made them into Sternritters. Then, he came back to finish what he had started 9 years before. Without Aizen endangering whole operation. If Uryu by taking his Blut can be more powerful than SR, then I can see taking those Arrancars as soldiers and making them all powerful.
    Last edited by Duniak; July 05, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    "then"

Also, past perfect tense should be used in that sentence, as arriving to HM happened before vanishing.

Oh, and you can't be sure if he didn't mean "I don't think there are VLs (in Juha's army for example). Juha doesn't like...". You shouldn't jump to conclusions.

@Topic: Juha could have gathered VL 9 years ago and made them into Sternritters. Then, he came back to finish what he had started 9 years before. Without Aizen endangering whole operation. If Uryu by taking his Blut can be more powerful than SR, then I can see taking those Arrancars as soldiers and making them all powerful.
    Why wouldn't Barragan, the self-appointed king of Hueco Mundo, not know about the disappearing of the VL and would not have handed Aizen that information? It still doesn't compute.

If arrancars can get that much stronger, than VL, which are on base lvl far above the common or stronger adjuchas, would serve/present all the power one would ever need to fight against SS Imo. Considering they would get the Blut treatment too.

OT: It was unintelligible, I tried to give it a meaning, your option would work just as fine Duniak. I just assume people from the english speaking countries should know better about their language than those that don't. Or at least put some effort into it when entering a discussion. Also, I was being polite, there is no need to become a wiseacre. Worse if you didn't even understood my sentence. He did come and vanish nine years ago, only to arrive again seven to nine year later on. Now which came first?
    Firm but Fair

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why wouldn't Barragan, the self-appointed king of Hueco Mundo, not know about the disappearing of the VL and would not have handed Aizen that information? It still doesn't compute.
    If VLs are stronger than Barragan, then Barragan shouldn't have been their "King".

Quote Quote:
    If arrancars can get that much stronger, than VL, which are on base lvl far above the common or stronger adjuchas, would serve/present all the power one would ever need to fight against SS Imo. Considering they would get the Blut treatment too.
    Well, that's the point. But we all know how that first Arrancar-Quincy ended up. Blasted away. Or rather his blood exploded. Maybe VLs don't have mask at all, that's why all SRs look like humans. But I don't think that's the case. I just wanted to make this idea sound less ridicoulous. xd

Quote Quote:
    OT: It was unintelligible, I tried to give it a meaning, your option would work just as fine Duniak. I just assume people from the english speaking countries should know better about their language than those that don't. Or at least put some effort into it when entering a discussion. Also, I was being polite, there is no need to become a wiseacre.
    People from different countries are writing there. Lots of them are making mistakes and if everyone was pointing out those mistakes, there would be total chaos. And I know you're being polite, but I just wanted to show you how unnecessary it is. It can look offensive and "wiseacre".

Quote Quote:
    Worse if you didn't even understood my sentence. He did come and vanish nine years ago, only to arrive again seven to nine year later on. Now which came first?
    He came, vanished, came again. So vanishing was before and after coming. You wrote "Took all VLs", and I made it short and used "came". General idea was the same. Maybe I should have used "took VLs" from the getgo to avoid misunderstanding. :P I just pointed out, that he "took" and THEN "vanished", just like you wrote in your sentence. And really, pointing out mistakes isn't fun, because we'd spend all day on it, instead of discussing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, humanoid doesn't mean looking completely human, it just means having a human-like body shape. VLs are still Hollows, they should still have masks and other Hollow features. All Arrancar we've seen to date have at least a fragment of their mask left, there's no reason the VLs shouldn't be the same, and the Strenritter have none. Plus there are only meant to be about 10 VLs, and while plausible, it would be strange for only some of the SR to be Hollows and the others not.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast