Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Lightening image bleed through from previous page

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Lightening image bleed through from previous page

I hope this is not yet covered by someone else, but it just occurred to me that a lot of magazine scans need cleaning because the image in the previous page shows through due to the poor paper quality. In which case, perhaps I can do this:

Level the page I'm working on

Level, Flip Horizontal, Inverse(color) the page behind it

Put the inversed backpage on top of the page I'm working on, as a screen layer at really low opacity

Also, because I'm using the same scan source, the Levelling is already saved as an action so that a) I get consistent result across all pages, and b) it's much easier/faster.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Gradonil_Ral's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lightening image bleed through from previous page

Nowadays people just use topaz to fix that, but I guess it still might be useful to some, so good job.

Just one addition - it should be done before straightening the page - depending on how the page was printed there might be some alignment issues if you did that after rotating the pages.

Oh, and you should change the topic to e.g. "Fixing see-through pages", the current one is a bit confusing ^^;
    ONeoRa is always looking for interesting people to join our ranks.
    Visit our forum to apply: http://www.oneora.net

New Reply