Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 212 Discussion/213 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 212 Discussion/213 Predictions

I think I know where this is heading.

Oga will save everyone. Taking Takamiya down will drain the power of all of his underlings.

That or releasing 256 seals will turn to bite back at him. If the fight gets more intense in the lower ranks, Takamiya will have less power available to himself.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just when I thought this arc couldn't get anymore intense....

First off, Takamiya is an amazing villain. I was hoping he wouldn't simply get smashed by Oga after all that hype about Lucifer being the Demon Lord of Demon Lords. If that was the case I kept wondering if he must have had difficulty dealing with all that power. A human simply being able to handle the power of a demon without being destroyed seems to be a big deal in Beelzebub. I'm glad it was explained this chapter that he had to get training to suppress it. And 200+ Crests to distribute that power! Looks like Oga will really have a tough time even though it's a given he's going to somehow manage to win in the end..given the stakes.

When I saw the first page I was like, 'Wow, are you serious?' We haven't had this much of the school cast become involved in the Battle since the Akumano arc. I'm surprised this isn't the Final Boss Battle of the Upstarts because it sure gives off the feel of one. And since it's not, it hyped up Fuji to unimaginable levels since he is supposedly the strongest. And we still have the mystery of Himekawa's motives and his secret item he's receiving from the Solomon Company. And who's #3? Is it him?

The girl Suzune's persona is finally revealed to be cold and madly in love with a sadistic powerful contractor. Dark Romance?

So while this sub-arc is feeling really dark and edgy we are still buffered by the comedy of Furuichi even though he's practically dead! Seriously, Toujou and Furuichi are the comedy winners of this

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I feel really sorry for Furuichi! He gave himself such depreciating names for the various parts of his soul.
    I know right? It's weird at how I can laugh at how funny he is and feel sorry for him at the same time. It's a comedy scene, so I'm not so sure we're supposed to take it in a depressing way though. Maybe both? Just like those scenes when everyone was calling him all those nicknames in the first place. The Tissues Arc started out hilarious and suddenly turned depressing when it turned out he was hurt by it and willing to throw his life away to gain some respect. I guess we just learn to deal with Beelzebub's insane instant mood flips.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty average chapter but I have surprising a lot to say.

-Furuichi is definitely the highlight of this chapter. I feel so sorry that his soul parts degrade themselves like that but it's hilarious.XD

-Hilda, get back from the demon world already!

-So, it seem like Takamiya has a rather shitty past(being lonely and suffered a lot) which oddly fits well with the fallen angel theme.Him saying thanks to Oga does indicate he's rather lonely. And the only girl in his group like him which I should have saw coming. I just hope that Aoi's fight against her won't be determined by "who has more feeling for their crush".

-256 crests. I definitely didn't see that coming. This goes to show that Lucifer is a pretty damn strong demon.Maybe once Beel become an adult,he would have enough demonic power to do the same. This would coincide with Hida's goal of getting more followers for Beel.

-If Takamiya was taught to suppress the demonic ability and he can do this much, I think he may end up becoming a demon if he goes all out.(Saotome mentioned this before to Oga when he fused with Beel) I imagined Taka will grow wings and become a "fallen angel".

-While I'm happy to see Oga's gang participating in the fights (I would refer to them as such), I got this bad feeling that they would be defeated by the fodders. ( who just gained the crests)And then, they will also be given the king crest just like Himekawa's fodder which would pissed me off. I really hope that won't happen but the events in this chapter seem to indicate that. The red tails couldn't do shit against Ringo's group who relied on Koma,a relatively weak demon. I don't expect the red tails to do much against the fodders considering the fodders are obtaining the power from Lucifer. On the positive side, Hilda would be pleased that Beel has more followers.

-Why does this fight feels like the final fight of the arc when it should be the penultimate fight? It remind me of Oga vs Tojo and Oga vs Jabberwock, where Oga's gang gather to fight the fodders while Oga fight the main boss. Takamiya seem almost impossible to beat at this stage and he's number 2!! What would Fuji be like!? Maybe Oga wouldn't actually get to fight Fuji for unknown reason which is unlikely.

-After reading this chapter, I had this really outright random and ridiculous theory/prediction about Fuji.
    Spoiler show

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    -Why does this fight feels like the final fight of the arc when it should be the penultimate fight? It remind me of Oga vs Tojo and Oga vs Jabberwock, where Oga's gang gather to fight the fodders while Oga fight the main boss. Takamiya seem almost impossible to beat at this stage and he's number 2!! What would Fuji be like!? Maybe Oga wouldn't actually get to fight Fuji for unknown reason which is unlikely.
    That is right. Later after i post my comment, i got the same Idea. It´s being a long time, since Oga vs. Toujou we doesn´t see all Charakters in a Chapter. My special german friend i discuss any Chapter also say, it surprise him that "Good Night" is in this Group. So its really the most important Charakters, from the first Ishiyama Arc. Like Akia999 says it looks already like a Final Battle befor we saw Fuji at all. But a comment from the Toujou followers, give me a bit to thinking, cause they already speak about the last Festival of Ishiyama. That listen strange, but it looks like we will loose a bunch of Charakters. When Beelzebub is going on after this Arc we loose any 3.Year Classmate. This is a true Ishiyama Battle since "Firework at Night". That is already History of Beelzebub .

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, what kind of power does Taka possess? 256 underlings are a lot.....
    Anyway I quite liked the chapter and the shards of Furuichi's soul made me laugh with the whole degrading thing. LOL
    It also seems tht we came to the climax of the arc, which in my opinion is surprising, considering that there is still Fuji around; guess this will be a memorable arc then.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Botswana
    Post Thanks / Like

toujou's last festival, i didnt like the sound of that!!!!
    could it be his leaving the cast
    and am i the only one thinking what the hell can saotome do?
    he is gonna be haxxxxx

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Creepichi was the best part for me, I fucking died when I read that plus the six other names..Garbage. I was surprised about having all those crests, hope seeing his friends beaten won't make him puss out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Takamiya has ridiculous power, and his demon is Lucifer who is apparently the demon lord among demon lords hence his name. Yet he's being fought before Fuji...so who the hell is Fuji's demon and what kind of monster could he be. And how could the other remaining upstarts even remotely be a challenge when they are not even on the same tier as Nasu, Takamiya, or Fuji. This whole current fight is really making the upcoming ones baffling to say the least, despite the existence of Solomon company.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Takamiya has ridiculous power, and his demon is Lucifer who is apparently the demon lord among demon lords hence his name. Yet he's being fought before Fuji...so who the hell is Fuji's demon and what kind of monster could he be. And how could the other remaining upstarts even remotely be a challenge when they are not even on the same tier as Nasu, Takamiya, or Fuji. This whole current fight is really making the upcoming ones baffling to say the least, despite the existence of Solomon company.
    In my Eyes Ebian will be the new Toujou and Kankuro maybe join for some also. Why i say this, after this school Year, we will loose Toujou, his two Buudies and we loose Natsume. This four Person are Senior so there school Time is over. So get some Charakter or side Charakters in Oga´s group will be helpful. Is Himekawa a 3.Year Senior too, so that would explain his actions. He wanna stand on top of Ishiyama only once. But when this is his last Year he never have this Chance again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Why i say this, after this school Year, we will loose Toujou, his two Buudies and we loose Natsume. This four Person are Senior so there school Time is over.
    It is, of course, if they will not stay for a second year for bad marks

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    It is, of course, if they will not stay for a second year for bad marks
    Dont think so, for my knowledge i never heard form Japan that something like excist over there. My knowledge says you can what you want, but at the end you have to life with that you Head, And at Ishiyama no one really cares about it what happen in the Future. Toujou going on in construction, Himekawa play rich son and the other dissaoear in nothing.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightningsha View Post
    So while this sub-arc is feeling really dark and edgy we are still buffered by the comedy of Furuichi even though he's practically dead! Seriously, Toujou and Furuichi are the comedy winners of this
    I'm enjoying the one-sided bromance between them. I think Furuichi is going to gain some kind of fanclub when this is over (if he hasn't already?)

Quote Originally Posted by lightningsha View Post
    I know right? It's weird at how I can laugh at how funny he is and feel sorry for him at the same time. It's a comedy scene, so I'm not so sure we're supposed to take it in a depressing way though. Maybe both? Just like those scenes when everyone was calling him all those nicknames in the first place. The Tissues Arc started out hilarious and suddenly turned depressing when it turned out he was hurt by it and willing to throw his life away to gain some respect. I guess we just learn to deal with Beelzebub's insane instant mood flips.
    The mood-flips are very fitting. Like, I think they stop the manga from being too serious. I remember when Hecadoth first appaeared and Saotome fought him, their exchange was hilarious. And Hilda was stabbed!

I also think the humor surrounding Furuichi is a double-edged sword. Yes, he's the butt of all the jokes, and that's funny, but he also gets hurt when they go too far. That scene with Toujo was funny because both was happening at the same time. I think we'll see more of this kind of humor later on, only for there to be a big emotional moment when Furuichi comes back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    In my Eyes Ebian will be the new Toujou and Kankuro maybe join for some also. Why i say this, after this school Year, we will loose Toujou, his two Buudies and we loose Natsume. This four Person are Senior so there school Time is over. So get some Charakter or side Charakters in Oga´s group will be helpful. Is Himekawa a 3.Year Senior too, so that would explain his actions. He wanna stand on top of Ishiyama only once. But when this is his last Year he never have this Chance again.
    That's a really great point actually! After all, once high school ends, you have to start from the bottom, no matter what university you go to. If I remember correctly, Kanzaki, Himekawa, and Toujo are all seniors. So yeah, they'll all leave very soon. Which brings me to..

...What do you guys think about Jinno telling Toujo they'll have "one last festival before we all graduate"? I think this is the first solid sign I've seen that the manga might conclude after the Six Killer Elements arc. Sure, like Black Hawk is saying, Akahoshi, Ishikawa, and Ringo can fill in the absences where Toujo, Himekawa, and Kanzaki were, but its not really the same thing. And this chapter felt very conclusive too, all of Ishiyama is finally together under Oga(& Furuichi)'s leadership. Would you guys mind Beelzebub ending within the next year or so or do you think it can go on for longer?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

-While I'm happy to see Oga's gang participating in the fights (I would refer to them as such), I got this bad feeling that they would be defeated by the fodders. ( who just gained the crests)And then, they will also be given the king crest just like Himekawa's fodder which would pissed me off. I really hope that won't happen but the events in this chapter seem to indicate that. The red tails couldn't do shit against Ringo's group who relied on Koma,a relatively weak demon. I don't expect the red tails to do much against the fodders considering the fodders are obtaining the power from Lucifer. On the positive side, Hilda would be pleased that Beel has more followers.
    I totally agree about the Red Tails. Now, we didn't see Nene and Chiaki after Aoi's fight with Ringo, its possible they went somewhere and trained. But its disappointing they'll win a fight in a really obvious way through Oga. Oh well.

I don't think they'll lose though. Unlike Aoi's fight, Oga has nothing to gain from them losing. Unless them losing is what makes Oga more determined to win...and even then it feels silly. Furuichi dying is all the motivation Oga needs really. And this arc is emphasizing that Oga has reliable friends he doesn't have to worry about. So even though some of those background characters aren't really powerful, they can't be fodderized this time. (I say this, and Tamura could still troll us all)

What I'm impressed at is how much characterization Takamiya has for being introduced not too long ago. I mean, Oga will have met, fought, and defeated him in one go, which he hasn't done since he one-punched Kanzaki and Himekawa all those chapters ago. Weird, I totally agree.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

what happend to :

http://www.mangapanda.com/beelzebub/190/4

and

http://www.mangapanda.com/beelzebub/190/6

did I miss their fight?

I doubt they end up being stronger than taka or whatever, but leaving them for later... i dont know, I have a feeling that
    like Teeba stated that this might be last fight before new arc, so these 2 guys might be the main bad guys to fight in the next arc BEFORE confronting fuji
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can think of is...either Fuji has multiple demons or Solomon company has developed some form of artificial super demon. Otherwise, how do you outdo the incredible display we've been seeing, especially in this last chapter.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

256 crests....goddamn. How many students go to this school!? And like others have said this sub arc feels like it should be the finale, so I can't even imagine what will happen when Fuji is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Senju View Post
    what happend to :

http://www.mangapanda.com/beelzebub/190/4

and

http://www.mangapanda.com/beelzebub/190/6

did I miss their fight?

I doubt they end up being stronger than taka or whatever, but leaving them for later... i dont know, I have a feeling that
    like Teeba stated that this might be last fight before new arc, so these 2 guys might be the main bad guys to fight in the next arc BEFORE confronting fuji
    Similarly to how Kunieda handled Ringo, I feel as though those two will either be handled by the other members of the Tohoshinki or they will become allies, either way I highly doubt Oga will fight them. However I feel that there's more than meets the eye with that Kankuro guy, so I think there may be more to him then just being the weakest of the 6.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast