Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74

Thread: Stern Ritters and their powers

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Stern Ritters and their powers

    I'm surprised there wasn't such a thread before. (Or maybe there was, but I'm bad at looking for it - but whatever.) So, Kubo has introduced plenty of Stern Ritters already, giving names and faces to 19 letters out of 26. Unfortunately, only a few of them came with the meaning of their letters... But it's also a good thing, because it allows us to sit down and give birth to the craziest (and not so much) theories about what epithets Stern Ritters could have.

    So here's the list of those whose special powers are yet to be revealed:

    A. Yhwach and Uryu Ishida
    B. Jugram Haschwalth
    D. Askin Nakk Le Vaar
    E. Bambietta Basterbine
    G. Liltotto Lamperd
    H. Bazz-B
    I. Cang Du
    K. BG9
    P. Meninas McAllon
    S. Mask De Masculine
    T. Candice Catnipp
    U. NaNaNa Najahkoop
    Z. Giselle Gewelle

    There are also Shaz Domino (I hope he's dead), the old man with glasses who fought Kyoraku (we really need to come up with a short nickname for him, maybe Commissioner Gordon?) and Mr. Trololo Geh Geh Geh. Those three don't have letters yet, nor have we seen their powers... Well, actually we know Mr. Geh Geh Geh has mind control or something like that, and the other old man used his Vollständig, but that's not what this thread is about. Why don't we try and guess their letters and epithets?
    Last edited by Zeta42; July 04, 2013 at 02:42 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    I didn't notice Commissioner Gordon (I like the name!) had used his Vollständig, but after checking you are right ! Also I previously didn't notice that Kyoraku had at least managed to wound him. I am glad ! It means Kyoraku lost his eye to a surprise attack in Vollständig, probably against a high-ranked Sternritter (I hope he's C), while he was only in shikai, but still managed to wound him afterwards. I can live with that !

    If G wasn't already taken, I would have said Gun for Gordon with his Grimaniel, but...

    As someone noted on a different thread (can't remember who), Candice's power might have to do with thunder : short temper, forked eyebrows, letter T...

    Also I guess Mask de Masculine's must be "strength".

    Other than that, it's a bit early to tell... Also, a bit unrelated, but what the hell happened during the fight Rose/NaNaNa ? I don't think Rose was killed or too severely wounded, and he didn't seem enclined to let his opponent just go, but NaNaNa was seen attacking Old Man Genocide (I really like Sky Render's nickname for Yamamoto !)
    Last edited by glougloubarbaki; July 04, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #3
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rokkenjima
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    C - The Commission
    1. a person authorized to perform certain tasks or endowed with certain powers
    A commissioner is, in principle, the title given to a member of a commission or to an individual who has been given a commission (official charge or authority to do something
    a. The act of granting certain powers or the authority to carry out a particular task or duty

    X - The Xcution

    G - The Geis
    Quote Quote:
    A geis can be compared with a curse or, paradoxically, a gift. If someone under a geis violates the associated taboo, the infractor will suffer dishonor or even death. On the other hand, the observing of one's geasa is believed to bring power. Often it is women who place geasa upon men.
    E - I'll go with Ecstasy
    a : a state of being beyond reason and self-control. b archaic : swoon. 2. : a state of overwhelming emotion; especially : rapturous delight.
    Maybe her power is to kill when Men reaches a state of Ecstasy caused by her.
    Could this be what actually happened there in the chapter?
    The guy was delighted to bang Bambietta and fell into Ecstacy thus dying before the deed even happened?That's why we see no weapon or anything.
    Last edited by Beatrice; July 04, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

  5. #4
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    C - The Commission
    1. a person authorized to perform certain tasks or endowed with certain powers
    A commissioner is, in principle, the title given to a member of a commission or to an individual who has been given a commission (official charge or authority to do something
    a. The act of granting certain powers or the authority to carry out a particular task or duty

    X - The Xcution

    G - The Geis


    E - I'll go with Ecstasy
    a : a state of being beyond reason and self-control. b archaic : swoon. 2. : a state of overwhelming emotion; especially : rapturous delight.
    Maybe her power is to kill when Men reaches a state of Ecstasy caused by her.
    Could this be what actually happened there in the chapter?
    The guy was delighted to bang Bambietta and fell into Ecstacy thus dying before the deed even happened?That's why we see no weapon or anything.

    Interesting suggestion, but I don't think so. It looked like she just chopped the guy in half using a reishi blade. Also banging opponents is not a very convenient battle skill
    But seriously, she doesn't give off the right vibe for this : she seemed playful and childlike in battle, not "femme fatale" at all. I know she did the whole black widow thing with her underling, but it felt more like Kubo wanting to surprise us and show us that beyond appearances she is appropriately twisted for a villain, rather than building on this for her powers (I don't know if that makes much sense...)

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #5
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Quote Originally Posted by glougloubarbaki View Post
    Interesting suggestion, but I don't think so. It looked like she just chopped the guy in half using a reishi blade. Also banging opponents is not a very convenient battle skill
    But seriously, she doesn't give off the right vibe for this : she seemed playful and childlike in battle, not "femme fatale" at all. I know she did the whole black widow thing with her underling, but it felt more like Kubo wanting to surprise us and show us that beyond appearances she is appropriately twisted for a villain, rather than building on this for her powers (I don't know if that makes much sense...)
    Well, she seemed very, very, very happy when she was cutting them down. Looks like "right vibe for this" if it's the ecstasy we're talkin' about... I don't know what ecstasy has to do with being "femme fatale". Her behaviour suits PERFECTLY that ability.

  8. #6
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Well, she seemed very, very, very happy when she was cutting them down. Looks like "right vibe for this" if it's the ecstasy we're talkin' about... I don't know what ecstasy has to do with being "femme fatale". Her behaviour suits PERFECTLY that ability.
    Hmm. I thought it was ecstasy for the victim right before they got killed, as in with the guy she banged. At least it seems to be what Beatrice suggested. Something like seducing men, making them feel pleasure and then killing them. If it's her who gets off, it's different, but then it doesn't seem different enough from any other bloodthirsty psychopath from the manga (the biggest one being of course Kenpachi, who seemed to almost get a hard on during his first fight with Ichigo...)
    I don't know. So far I'd say we've only seen generic sadism from her, and not enough to get her powers (who could have guessed Kirge's powers until he used them, for example ?)

  9. #7
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Quote Originally Posted by glougloubarbaki View Post
    Hmm. I thought it was ecstasy for the victim right before they got killed, as in with the guy she banged. At least it seems to be what Beatrice suggested. Something like seducing men, making them feel pleasure and then killing them. If it's her who gets off, it's different, but then it doesn't seem different enough from any other bloodthirsty psychopath from the manga (the biggest one being of course Kenpachi, who seemed to almost get a hard on during his first fight with Ichigo...)
    I don't know. So far I'd say we've only seen generic sadism from her, and not enough to get her powers (who could have guessed Kirge's powers until he used them, for example ?)
    Maybe it's speed and power boost from killing enemies. You know, the more she cuts, the faster she gets. :P Not really useful on 1v1... xd

  10. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    The Ecstasy is quite interesting, and IMO there is a big difference between the joy Kenpachi gets, and what ecstasy implies; more sexual undertones. But then again that may be too "mature" for shounen.

    S for the Suplex! the Sidewalk-Slam! the Spinning neck-breaker! the Spine-buster! the Stone-cold-Stunner! Could possibly be the speed, seeing as he was deceptively fast, but probably just the Strength. Maybe the Star?

    K for the Keeper? Maybe/probably the Knight for defensive abilities.

    D for the Dimension? Askinn's disk thing, plus his odd ornaments, maybe he utilizes some sort of portals or something...

    G for the Guttermouth, first line that child has included the word "bitch".

    H for the Hellion, someone who is unruly, and fights the status quo. Dunno how that translates to a skill though.

    C for Commission is also really cool, but Sanders/Gordon wasn't the only one who summoned soldat, so basing it on that, its unlikely.
    There does seem be a certain hierarchy regarding the first few letters though. Both Haschwald and Bazz-B seemed to listen to Askin, while Bambietta seems to have her own posse, but just doesn't seem to carry the same weight IMO. My gut says A-D are the big dogs so to speak, and all the other letters are variable. Sanders fighting Koryaku, the most likely choice to follow Yama as CC, probably is not a coincidence.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

  11. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Okay, here's my two cents. NaNaNa's face just screams of Uranus Ugliness for his U, but this is too good to be serious. So I think his power is something which begins with "un-" prefix. At any case, this guy is no joke if he fought a Visored captain and later appeared to Leeroy the Captain Commander along with As Nodt and Bazz-B... Unless he fled, but this doesn't seem likely seeing how he tried his chances with a stronger opponent without a moment of hesitation.

    S for Swag! Just kidding. But what Mask's power cannot be is super strength, because Driscoll already had that.

    I believe X is Xerox, and Stern Ritter X has a cloning ability.

    A good option for W seems to be Witch/Warlock/Wizard. In a similar vein, V for Voodoo, and I like to think Mr. Geh Geh Geh has it.

    L for Lullaby... A Stern Ritter with the power to put their enemies to sleep would be cool. Bonus points for Kubo if their name will resemble Jigglypuff.

  12. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Here are my guesses:

    A - Uryū Ishida "The Annihilation" (He is very strong so he can and will probably cause a lot of damage to his enemies, therefore complete Annihilation)
    or "The Auswehlen" meaning 'The Selected' or something. The German is wrong but its similar to what the Mangapanda version translated Bach's words to.

    B - Jugram Haschwalth "The Blade" We've seen him with a blade.

    D - Askin Nakk Le Vaar "The Door" He seemed to be opening a door or portal of sorts, or maybe I got that wrong.

    E - Bambietta Basterbine "The Ecstasy" as was said before, sounds like a good guess. Maybe she uses some sort of drug. Maybe like Cupid's lovearrows to distract the opponent?

    G - Liltotto Lamperd "The Grow" What if she can change her size or age? I mean why would a child be a Sternritter? Maybe she only looks like a child. And if so what if she can turn her opponents into children or make them old?
    Like what if she can become an adult and therefore stronger, and if she can turn into a child she'll be faster. And if she's older, then she's smarter.

    H - Bazz-B "The Hornet" It's a type of bee and his name is Buzz B and he is aggressive and "stingy", so... Maybe he can sting you with poison?

    OR "The Hyena/Hound" Just a guess since I think he acts like a hyena/hound/dog etc, he's loud aggressive and has that wild look. This would fit well if he ends up fighting Grimmjow who's a panther.

    I - Cang Du No idea.

    K - BG9 "The Knight" His helmet kinda looks like an European knight's helmet, so maybe he has some knight-like ability. It fits with the holy theme of the Quincy.

    S - Mask De Masculine "The Star" or "The Strength" I guess since he has a star on his mask and wrestlers are supposed to be stars in their show, that and he looks quite strong. It can still be a different strength, not like Driscelli's which was a kill-by-kill powergain.

    T - Candice Catnipp "The Tiger" I guess? Because her last name is basically catnip. Maybe she is another one of those beast-Quincies, and what if there's some drug-like ability that she can attract enemies with like catnip does to cats?

    U - NaNaNa Najahkoop "The Umbrella" Wild guess because his hair kinda reminds me of an umbrella.

    Z - Giselle Gewelle "?" Giselle is a type of ballet, and it sounds like Gazelle which is a deer-like herbivore animal, so maybe she turns into a deer or something. Would fit if she is to face that Tres Bestias girl that can turn into a deer-like animal (I cant remember which one).
    Maybe she dances in battle?

    L - Shaz Domino "The Leopard" or "The Longrange" seeing as he has that leopard-pattern and those daggers he seems to throw.

    Oh and the Grimaniel-man probably is a type of priest or something. Someone spiritual maybe, with lots of knowledge.


    And I agree that the girl with lightning-shaped hair probably uses lightning or something like that.
    Last edited by Notak; July 05, 2013 at 07:23 AM.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #11
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    There is also the guy who attacked the 12th division with his puppet like abilities. I thought he would be p although that probably wont be the case now. Didn't we already have a thread to discuss stern riter and their abilities and letters? I am going to look into that....

  15. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Don't really know about a good portion of them, but I expect Uryu's to stand for The Archer and I expect Bambietta's to stand for The Executioner.

    @kkck

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...itters-letters
    Last edited by eefrit; July 05, 2013 at 07:06 PM.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    well, i will leave "A" and "B" alone for now considering we have been shown they denote not only power type but authority so it is very complicated to deduce something for them, as for the rest ny thoughts are as follows:

    D "the door" whoever had this idea first i gotta say its a good one.
    E "the extasy" would be good but not as something that relies on extasy but that causes it, i wouldnt like her as a femme fatale, her fetish may suit it, but her atitude does not, also being made to fell extasy for someone who at first glance is a little kid can be considered quite cruel.
    G "the garden" uses reishi plants to fight, that is, creates living beings with reishi that are highly modified to be very deadly, maybe grows some from her body.
    H "the hornet" another good one i saw, my take on it is that his powwer strikes fast and can leave all kinds of after efects like poisons.
    I "the image" can manipulate light and create illusions, as well as create solid manifestations of his ilusions by puting reishi in them so they can do various things.
    K "the knight" alsao really good, i think he will create super armors with reishi and mounts as well, or maybe the effect of his powers make it seem like he is riding when he attacks (acumulates speed the more he goes on a specific direction or something), there is lots of things a knight can do.
    P "the pincer" has weapons that can grab stuff and crush it as well as be very accurate about it, being abke to pick appart an oponent is very scary (i am hoping for something fisical, too amny psicological abilities would be boring).
    S "the scalding" uses heat or fire to weaken his enemies, maybe he generates it as he fights and moves around.
    T "the thunder" i think this one is obvious now given hr eyebrows.
    U "the undying" remeber how resilient quilge was? fighting with a hole in his chest and a broken neck? i think this guy will take that to the extreeme, he will lose body parts and make new ones with reishi manipulaton, maybe even getting stronger the more he is hurt (he kinda looks like a zombie to me).
    Z "the zero" is a troll just like yamy and will turn out to be the strongest in the end (just kiding, cant realy come up with anything for her yet).
    Last edited by SoulAuron; July 05, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390

  18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There is also the guy who attacked the 12th division with his puppet like abilities. I thought he would be p although that probably wont be the case now. Didn't we already have a thread to discuss stern riter and their abilities and letters? I am going to look into that....
    I think that's the 'Geh geh geh' guy with the eye on his staff...both have that laugh I think

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulAuron View Post
    well, i will leave "A" and "B" alone for now considering we have been shown they denote not only power type but authority so it is very complicated to deduce something for them, as for the rest ny thoughts are as follows:

    D "the door" whoever had this idea first i gotta say its a good one.
    E "the extasy" would be good but not as something that relies on extasy but that causes it, i wouldnt like her as a femme fatale, her fetish may suit it, but her atitude does not, also being made to fell extasy for someone who at first glance is a little kid can be considered quite cruel.
    G "the garden" uses reishi plants to fight, that is, creates living beings with reishi that are highly modified to be very deadly, maybe grows some from her body.
    H "the hornet" another good one i saw, my take on it is that his powwer strikes fast and can leave all kinds of after efects like poisons.
    I "the image" can manipulate light and create illusions, as well as create solid manifestations of his ilusions by puting reishi in them so they can do various things.
    K "the knight" alsao really good, i think he will create super armors with reishi and mounts as well, or maybe the effect of his powers make it seem like he is riding when he attacks (acumulates speed the more he goes on a specific direction or something), there is lots of things a knight can do.
    P "the pincer" has weapons that can grab stuff and crush it as well as be very accurate about it, being abke to pick appart an oponent is very scary (i am hoping for something fisical, too amny psicological abilities would be boring).
    S "the scalding" uses heat or fire to weaken his enemies, maybe he generates it as he fights and moves around.
    T "the thunder" i think this one is obvious now given hr eyebrows.
    U "the undying" remeber how resilient quilge was? fighting with a hole in his chest and a broken neck? i think this guy will take that to the extreeme, he will lose body parts and make new ones with reishi manipulaton, maybe even getting stronger the more he is hurt (he kinda looks like a zombie to me).
    Z "the zero" is a troll just like yamy and will turn out to be the strongest in the end (just kiding, cant realy come up with anything for her yet).
    That was me with The Door, Hornet, and Knight (remember me when all the SRs are revealed! :P)

    I like your ideas of The Undying, Thunder, and Image. Maybe Candice will be a "thundercat", since she has the catname and the thunder-hair

    The Image (or The Illusion) maybe he can create illusions like you said, sort of like Soi Fon with her Shunpo...

    Also I almost expect Buzz B to face Soi Fong or Grimmjow...especially Soi Fong since she also has the hornet/bee sting going on

  20. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

    Good one on 'E' for 'Ecstasy'. I was thinking Bambietta's would be something related to that aspect of her character, like when she was gleefully chopping those Shinigami up, and I couldn't think of an E word. Ecstasy covers it.

    I'm thinking Nanana's 'U' could stand for 'Unclean'. Not sure what kind of ability that would actually involve though...

    As for Askin, I can't tell if that thing he between Haschwalth and Bazz-B was just a disc of energy or some kind of midair portal, but assuming it's the latter it could be 'D' for 'Doorway' or something.

    A might not stand for anything, same goes for B, but it could be 'A' the 'Authority'.

    Bazz-b... 'H' for the Hairdo, lol?

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts