Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stern Ritters and their powers

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stern Ritters and their powers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    There are also Shaz Domino (I hope he's dead), the old man with glasses who fought Kyoraku (we really need to come up with a short nickname for him, maybe Commissioner Gordon?) and Mr. Trololo Geh Geh Geh. Those three don't have letters yet, nor have we seen their powers... Well, actually we know Mr. Geh Geh Geh has mind control or something like that, and the other old man used his Vollständig, but that's not what this thread is about. Why don't we try and guess their letters and epithets?
    Pretty sure Shaz is the mind control guy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Pretty sure Shaz is the mind control guy.
    His pants are different, his boots are, his powers are not even close. Noone in Research department got hit by a dagger before being controlled. If he can control people effortlessly, Jidanbou and many more, why did he let Akon do whatever he pleased? He was too weak for Akon? And 100 other guys weren't strong enough, when Akon alone was?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys think Grimmjow could play a vital role in the war now? Personally I think he's toast if he joins. Maybe he can take a few low level stern ritters but aside from that hes a dead pussy cat.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner truthspeaker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    You guys think Grimmjow could play a vital role in the war now? Personally I think he's toast if he joins. Maybe he can take a few low level stern ritters but aside from that hes a dead pussy cat.
    I actually think he's a whole lot stronger then people may believe mark my words at the very least he will be a Top-Tier fighter
    TruthSpeaker

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Hm I dont know about that. Ryuken's full abilities still havent been shown. I think he'd atleast leave Bach with some bad bruises though. Haha while Urahara may be very intelligent, I think Shutara could beat him in chess.
    we dont know how strong bach is, i hope he is stronger then ryuken, but now that zanka no tachi belongs to bach ryuken would loose efortlesly (in my opinion).
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is even a slight chance of ryuken somewhat matching batch... Leaders of organizations in bleach have one thing in common overall. Yamamoto was stronger than the rest of the gotei 13 combined, aizen was stronger than the 10 espada combined and we can be sure as hell that juhabach is stronger than the stern riter combined. Its why yamamoto's shikai took out 3 relevant ster riter in one move, its why juhabach gave kenpachi the fodder treatment, its why aizen beat the everloving crap out of 8 or so captain class enemies without much difficulty.

And that said, the stern riter have not yet proven to be that much stronger than the captains. They simply walts into SS with their badges which limited the power of the captains to a fraction. Granted we have not yet seen everything from the stern riter however what we have seen does not altogether imply the ster riter plainly outclass the shinigami captains. At least we won't know for sure until the captains are able to use their bankai properly in battle.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    And that said, the stern riter have not yet proven to be that much stronger than the captains. They simply walts into SS with their badges which limited the power of the captains to a fraction. Granted we have not yet seen everything from the stern riter however what we have seen does not altogether imply the ster riter plainly outclass the shinigami captains. At least we won't know for sure until the captains are able to use their bankai properly in battle.
    Ichigo vs Kirge showed, that SR in Vollstandig is clearly above any captain in Shikai. GT couldn't even harm him.

Shunsui was the only Shinigami who forced SR to use Vollstandig, and that speed was enough to catch him off guard. Maybe if he had known SR'd power up quickly he wouldn't have gotten that wound... So far, SRs are clearly stronger than Shikai captains, but Bankais of captains will win in the end, of course.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Ichigo vs Kirge showed, that SR in Vollstandig is clearly above any captain in Shikai. GT couldn't even harm him.

Shunsui was the only Shinigami who forced SR to use Vollstandig, and that speed was enough to catch him off guard. Maybe if he had known SR'd power up quickly he wouldn't have gotten that wound... So far, SRs are clearly stronger than Shikai captains, but Bankais of captains will win in the end, of course.
    Of course a volstandig is superior to shikai, it is the most extreme power a quincy has. The relevant comparison would be bankai vs volstandig. Although to be fair kirge resisted GT because of blut vene. Kirge could not even properly react to ichigo, he was a punching bag stuck in blut vene. And of course base kirge was not really a match for shikai ichigo considering his arrows were something ichigo did not even need to dodge(he caught them with his bare hands).

I also wouldn't say shunsui forced that guy to use volstandig. Neither of them had an edge or disadvantage at that point in the fight, that guy simply used the technique to catch shunsui offguard.

As for the captains being weaker than base stern ritern in shikai.... I don't really get that impression. Byakuya was the only captain who actually lost a battle and that was against his bankai. The rest of the captains were at most bandaged after the fight. Worth noting it does seem like the quincy have some degree of regeneration available to them. Quilge had a hole opened by urahara which miraculously disappeared later on. As nodt had his arm cut up by senbonsakura and later on we saw no wound whatsoever on him (I doubt kubo forgot). If the stern ritern can use blutz to regenerate or heal faster then obviously how wounded they appear compared to the captains is not a good reference of how they actually compared. Heck, even ichigo himself says old man zangetsu used quincy blutz to help ichigo during the fight with zaraki. If the quincy can manipulate blood then enhanced healing is almost a given. I would think the most likely scenario is that at large the stern riter had just about as much trouble with the captains as they had with them except that the quincy had the tools to limit the power of shinigami and look better after the fight.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course a volstandig is superior to shikai, it is the most extreme power a quincy has. The relevant comparison would be bankai vs volstandig. Although to be fair kirge resisted GT because of blut vene. Kirge could not even properly react to ichigo, he was a punching bag stuck in blut vene. And of course base kirge was not really a match for shikai ichigo considering his arrows were something ichigo did not even need to dodge(he caught them with his bare hands).

I also wouldn't say shunsui forced that guy to use volstandig. Neither of them had an edge or disadvantage at that point in the fight, that guy simply used the technique to catch shunsui offguard.

As for the captains being weaker than base stern ritern in shikai.... I don't really get that impression. Byakuya was the only captain who actually lost a battle and that was against his bankai. The rest of the captains were at most bandaged after the fight. Worth noting it does seem like the quincy have some degree of regeneration available to them. Quilge had a hole opened by urahara which miraculously disappeared later on. As nodt had his arm cut up by senbonsakura and later on we saw no wound whatsoever on him (I doubt kubo forgot). If the stern ritern can use blutz to regenerate or heal faster then obviously how wounded they appear compared to the captains is not a good reference of how they actually compared. Heck, even ichigo himself says old man zangetsu used quincy blutz to help ichigo during the fight with zaraki. If the quincy can manipulate blood then enhanced healing is almost a given. I would think the most likely scenario is that at large the stern riter had just about as much trouble with the captains as they had with them except that the quincy had the tools to limit the power of shinigami and look better after the fight.
    Every SR has Blut Vene, as they have no reiatsu. Arrancars have Hierro, Shinigamis reinforce with their reiatsu subconciously, like Kenpachi did against Ichigo. Blut Vene seems highly superior, as it's pure reishi that flows through their veins. We can'y say "He blocked GT because of Blut Vene" like it's no feat. Ichigo tanked his arrows it's because reiatsu in his hand was strong enough to sustain arrow's penetrative power.

Byakuya couldn't cut As Nodt with shikai, Komamura didn't fare well against Bambietta (he ressurected because of Yamaji... xD), no captain won against his opponent. I never said base SRs are stronger than captains. Base is tricky as well. Without Vollstandig? If base SR was weaker than captain they'd go Vollstandig, at least few of them. It seems like they're roughly equal, or even superior in their base abilities. Bankai Ichigo would own SR with Vollstandig, as even Kirge was surprised, that Ichigo was above him, despite Kirge absorbing Allon as well. If captains had Bankais, they'd probably own SRs as well. Ichigo against Kirge wasn't that godly.

Regarding Shunsui. He kicked SR in a gut and almost cut his spine. SR escaped with Grimaniel. I'd say it's clearly forcing SR to use Vollstandig. Why would he use it only to escape if it wasn't for escaping, but for wounding Shunsui? He would have used it before attacking, not when his attack failed and he got countered skillfully.

@Topic:

Is Sklaverei Kirge's ability, like Jail? Enslaving people in jail, enslaving reishi. It'd be too overpowered in SS, so if it was only his ability it'd be good. It fits perfectly.

Any ideas on letter A? Now that Uryu is 'A', and Yamaji got killed with an arrow shot by a bow, used like a sword, I'd say Kubo will troll us with A for Arrow.
    Last edited by Duniak; September 05, 2013 at 01:48 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya couldn't cut As Nodt with shikai.
    Would you please stop repeating this? It is VERY OBVIOUSLY WRONG!

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/496/6
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/496/7

You really weaken your argument when you state something so blatantly WRONG!
    Byakuya's ability to cut As Nodt in shikai was not affected, although he seemed unable to cut him with his unreleased sword.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Would you please stop repeating this? It is VERY OBVIOUSLY WRONG!

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/496/6
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/496/7

You really weaken your argument when you state something so blatantly WRONG!
    Byakuya's ability to cut As Nodt in shikai was not affected, although he seemed unable to cut him with his unreleased sword.
    Yeah yeah, why did I know you'll pop up now? Already discussed. As Nodt is not different than Shinigamis, he wants to test enemy's ability. His face clearly says "What is this shit", and then "This shit can actually cut?". After having his Bankai stolen, Byakuya still had his Shikai and couldn't do shit, with his sword scattered or not. Your wiki, that you use to reinforce your arguments also says, that Byakuya used his Shikai against As Nodt and couldn't do shit. I also posted link when Byakuya is supposedly rescues Renji (which your beloved wiki confirms), doing, of course NOTHING to As Nodt.

PS. Would you stop using caps lock everywhere you can, please? I can perfectly read normal letters. No use writing so many words capsed. You're american, so use your language like you should and don't just repeat yourself all the time. You should also learn how to use caps lock, because emphasizing VERY OBVIOUSLY WRONG in that short sentence looks, and is, ridicoulous and shows me how uneducated and mad you are.

And would you discuss anything that's not about Byakuya? You are boring, and you have pretty much NO knowledge on other characters, as you already proved to countless people in countless discussions. Maybe it's time to change the subject of your fanboyism? Gain some knowledge on other shinigamis before you post about Byakuya again, what do you think?
    Last edited by Duniak; September 05, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Every SR has Blut Vene, as they have no reiatsu. Arrancars have Hierro, Shinigamis reinforce with their reiatsu subconciously, like Kenpachi did against Ichigo. Blut Vene seems highly superior, as it's pure reishi that flows through their veins. We can'y say "He blocked GT because of Blut Vene" like it's no feat. Ichigo tanked his arrows it's because reiatsu in his hand was strong enough to sustain arrow's penetrative power.

Byakuya couldn't cut As Nodt with shikai, Komamura didn't fare well against Bambietta (he ressurected because of Yamaji... xD), no captain won against his opponent. I never said base SRs are stronger than captains. Base is tricky as well. Without Vollstandig? If base SR was weaker than captain they'd go Vollstandig, at least few of them. It seems like they're roughly equal, or even superior in their base abilities. Bankai Ichigo would own SR with Vollstandig, as even Kirge was surprised, that Ichigo was above him, despite Kirge absorbing Allon as well. If captains had Bankais, they'd probably own SRs as well. Ichigo against Kirge wasn't that godly.

Regarding Shunsui. He kicked SR in a gut and almost cut his spine. SR escaped with Grimaniel. I'd say it's clearly forcing SR to use Vollstandig. Why would he use it only to escape if it wasn't for escaping, but for wounding Shunsui? He would have used it before attacking, not when his attack failed and he got countered skillfully.

@Topic:

Is Sklaverei Kirge's ability, like Jail? Enslaving people in jail, enslaving reishi. It'd be too overpowered in SS, so if it was only his ability it'd be good. It fits perfectly.

Any ideas on letter A? Now that Uryu is 'A', and Yamaji got killed with an arrow shot by a bow, used like a sword, I'd say Kubo will troll us with A for Arrow.
    As far as we know quincy do have reiatsu. Its only when they use volstandig that they don't. Even when they use the letz stilt they have reiatsu, mayuri commented on ishida's reiatsu increasing significantly back in the day. The shinigami even spoke of reiatsu readings which confirmed the quincy being there back when they first invaded. As for the shinigami reinforced thing, thats not really an ability at all. Its just ordinary reiatsu release, it only works that way when the difference between two people is more than significant. Blut vene and hierro in turn are actual techniques which go beyond the scope of simple reiatsu release. Ichigo blocked quilge's arrow like that because quilge plainly did not have the power to get past the reiatsu ichigo casually releases when fighting. Quilge tanked GT because blut vene is a highly specialized defense which serves the extremely specific purpose of making quincy extremely durable, way more than what ordinary release of reiatsu would.

Byakuya did cut nodt with his shikai. Its true that he failed to cut nodt right before his senbonsakura kageyoshi came into the equation though. Komamura had trouble however he did not actually fall against her. Thats not the same as being defeated. I didn't make the point that the captains won, I made the point they did not loose. They fought with their shikai against a bunch of quincy using their base abilities and none of them got to the whole being defeated thing.

That guy basically walked in into shunsui's foot though. I don't get the impression he intended anything differently from what happened. More so, if shunsui had the sort of advantage that could "force" that guy into volstandig I would argue it would have been consistent through the fight. Yet as far as we saw that guy did not use volstandig at any other time nor did shunsui pushed him significantly beyond that. The worst case scenario that could be made is that the guy got caught of guard and shunsui kicked him but that does not in itself suggest shunsui is superior.

Based on what quilge said slavery is an ability any volstandig user has. Its just the most extreme version of absorbing reishi possible. Ichigo didn't seem to have been bothered at all by the ability so I don't think people of certain strength would have to be worried it. Well, they would have to worry about it but not about being absorbed. IMO the main risk of the technique when it comes to shinigami that can actually oppose quincy is not about being absorbed but rather the fact that quincy are at that point absorbing the greatest amount of reishi possible which means their power is also at the greatest.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as we know quincy do have reiatsu. Its only when they use volstandig that they don't. Even when they use the letz stilt they have reiatsu, mayuri commented on ishida's reiatsu increasing significantly back in the day. The shinigami even spoke of reiatsu readings which confirmed the quincy being there back when they first invaded. As for the shinigami reinforced thing, thats not really an ability at all. Its just ordinary reiatsu release, it only works that way when the difference between two people is more than significant. Blut vene and hierro in turn are actual techniques which go beyond the scope of simple reiatsu release. Ichigo blocked quilge's arrow like that because quilge plainly did not have the power to get past the reiatsu ichigo casually releases when fighting. Quilge tanked GT because blut vene is a highly specialized defense which serves the extremely specific purpose of making quincy extremely durable, way more than what ordinary release of reiatsu would.
    The main difference in Quincies' and Shinigamis reiatsu is Quincies' reiatsu comes straight from their blood, as it's Juha's blood and power. Shinigami reiatsu is in their very soul. Quincies are still human, soul is bound with chain of corrosion (was it called like that?), and are fighting by collecting reishi from around them, making it temporary theirs. In Vollstandig they do have reiatsu, but they don't let ANY of it spill out. And Shinigamis can't feel something, that can't reach their "sensors". Aizen's reiatsu was "emanating" for Tatsuki, so other Shinigamis' reiatsu should be also like that. Quincies have some spiritual awareness, but they don't really use it, and reinforcing their body is Blut Vene's job.

As for Ichigo, that's what I meant. Shinigamis reinforce they body in a way, but it's not as effective as Hierro or Blut Vene. (I forgot to list Hierro there, right?). Those are techniques which precisely store reiatsu in their skin/blood.

That guy basically walked in into shunsui's foot though. I don't get the impression he intended anything differently from what happened. More so, if shunsui had the sort of advantage that could "force" that guy into volstandig I would argue it would have been consistent through the fight. Yet as far as we saw that guy did not use volstandig at any other time nor did shunsui pushed him significantly beyond that. The worst case scenario that could be made is that the guy got caught of guard and shunsui kicked him but that does not in itself suggest shunsui is superior.
    So he dived in Shunsui's range, attacked him (but he didn't plan on hitting him), Shunsui dodged (as SR planned), SR got kicked in the stomach (also planned by SR), almost got cut from above by Shunsui (planned by SR), just to use Vollstandig and escape him and get him in the eye, just as planned. I daresay our old SR is on Aizen level. Irony aside, I don't see any indication SR did plan it. He wanted to shoot off Kyoraku's head, he failed, he got countered, he used Grimaniel. Why wouldn't he use Grimaniel before first attack for Shunsui to be surprised and owned? He didn't even have his swords up. SR shot close enough that Shunsui's hat was hit.

Shunsui got a clear cut to SR's stomach, SR got his eye. (I want to know his name already ffs... SR that, SR this, old SR, SR that Shunsui fought, SR with reishi guns...) Was there any other shinigami who actually cut his opponent significantly in a battle? Not Byakuya in greetings? Anyone besides Yamaji?

If old SR could handle Shunsui, would they send Haschwald there? Strongest SR to the strongest Shinigami.

Based on what quilge said slavery is an ability any volstandig user has. Its just the most extreme version of absorbing reishi possible. Ichigo didn't seem to have been bothered at all by the ability so I don't think people of certain strength would have to be worried it. Well, they would have to worry about it but not about being absorbed. IMO the main risk of the technique when it comes to shinigami that can actually oppose quincy is not about being absorbed but rather the fact that quincy are at that point absorbing the greatest amount of reishi possible which means their power is also at the greatest.
    What Kirge said was, it was basic ability made extreme.

http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/34846
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/badkarma/releases/34618

That means every Quincy can gather reishi, but Sklaverei is achieved by using it at an extreme level. Is it the same for every SR? Or is it only Kirge's? Because it fits Kirge's abilities. Sklaverei wouldn't be so fit for other Sternritters. Killing someone by gathering reishi from him? That's what I call hax. On Butterflaizen level, but he just obliterated people close to them.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The main difference in Quincies' and Shinigamis reiatsu is Quincies' reiatsu comes straight from their blood, as it's Juha's blood and power. Shinigami reiatsu is in their very soul. Quincies are still human, soul is bound with chain of corrosion (was it called like that?), and are fighting by collecting reishi from around them, making it temporary theirs. In Vollstandig they do have reiatsu, but they don't let ANY of it spill out. And Shinigamis can't feel something, that can't reach their "sensors". Aizen's reiatsu was "emanating" for Tatsuki, so other Shinigamis' reiatsu should be also like that. Quincies have some spiritual awareness, but they don't really use it, and reinforcing their body is Blut Vene's job.

As for Ichigo, that's what I meant. Shinigamis reinforce they body in a way, but it's not as effective as Hierro or Blut Vene. (I forgot to list Hierro there, right?). Those are techniques which precisely store reiatsu in their skin/blood.

So he dived in Shunsui's range, attacked him (but he didn't plan on hitting him), Shunsui dodged (as SR planned), SR got kicked in the stomach (also planned by SR), almost got cut from above by Shunsui (planned by SR), just to use Vollstandig and escape him and get him in the eye, just as planned. I daresay our old SR is on Aizen level. Irony aside, I don't see any indication SR did plan it. He wanted to shoot off Kyoraku's head, he failed, he got countered, he used Grimaniel. Why wouldn't he use Grimaniel before first attack for Shunsui to be surprised and owned? He didn't even have his swords up. SR shot close enough that Shunsui's hat was hit.

Shunsui got a clear cut to SR's stomach, SR got his eye. (I want to know his name already ffs... SR that, SR this, old SR, SR that Shunsui fought, SR with reishi guns...) Was there any other shinigami who actually cut his opponent significantly in a battle? Not Byakuya in greetings? Anyone besides Yamaji?

If old SR could handle Shunsui, would they send Haschwald there? Strongest SR to the strongest Shinigami.

What Kirge said was, it was basic ability made extreme.

http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/34846
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/badkarma/releases/34618

That means every Quincy can gather reishi, but Sklaverei is achieved by using it at an extreme level. Is it the same for every SR? Or is it only Kirge's? Because it fits Kirge's abilities. Sklaverei wouldn't be so fit for other Sternritters. Killing someone by gathering reishi from him? That's what I call hax. On Butterflaizen level, but he just obliterated people close to them.
    I don't know if the blood thing is so literal to be honest. If ichigo serves as a reference then quincy powers are also a part of his soul so far which is why he managed to manifest old man zangetsu as a zampakuto.

As for the reiatsu thing I would think at this point we would be arguing semantics to some degree... Although at least from what I understand I don't think reiatsu works that way. Reiatsu means spirit pressure which I would think refers to the concentration of spirit energy released by someone. While in volstandig quincy are not releasing power, they are absorbing it. So naturally their power would not be felt as pressure to those around them. They would have a ton of spirit power within them but I would question whether that could be referred to as spirit pressure in itself.

As far as spiritual awareness goes, I don't think its any different for quincy and shinigami. Its a vague concept so far but it refers to the ability to interact with spiritual things so I don't think this should vary between species even if their powers are different.

Kenpachi was the only one who actually cut a stern riter. The issue with the rest of the fights is that we saw but frames of them at a time. Which are even less relevant if we consider there is a pretty strong chance stern riter can heal themselves in the middle of a battle (I would argue there is pretty strong evidence of that so far).

My point is that what you called reinforcing does not actually count as that. What we are seeing there is a clear cut difference in power, not an actual defensive technique at work. Imagine two scenarios, a two year old punching you and you punching a turtle. Are they comparable? Presumably you wouldn't feel the 2 year old punching you because he has the muscles of a two year old. Its not that you have an armor or did anything to defend, its just that it is physically impossible for the amount of strength the 2 year old has to do any damage. In turn then we have you punching the turtle. The turtle has a highly specialized defense mechanism even if its actual physical capacities are not on par with yours. Quilge attacking ichigo was the equivalent of the 2 year old punching you. Ichigo attacking quilge was the equivalent to punching a turtle.

I don't think the guy literally planned that every step of the way but I do think he aimed to catch shunsui off guard. I mean, why else rush in only to kneel in front of shunsui? Its not a defensible position in the least (although blut vene should be able to take care of that) and at no point did the guy appear in the slightest surprised or taken aback when shunsui reacted. Basically the plan would be "I attack in an improbably stupid way, and while he responds I get him with a quick volstandig".

Well, if slakverie is the quincy's most basic ability taken to the extreme then it is only more reason for it to be something which all stern riter can achieve. I don't think it really relates to jail in the least. If it was related to quilge's special ability then I would think the manga would have mentioned it already. Just to add to this, consider that the ability was induced by the volstandig disk on top of quilge's head. If slakverie was related to quilge's ability then slakverie should be achievable without volstandig. If it was achievable without volstandig then the disk on top of quilge's head would not be a factor here. Unless of course the disk was not a part of volstandig but that seems improbable considering it only appeared once volstandig started.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if the blood thing is so literal to be honest. If ichigo serves as a reference then quincy powers are also a part of his soul so far which is why he managed to manifest old man zangetsu as a zampakuto.
    Yeah, soul. Quincies fight with their physical body, not their soul, they're human. We never saw Uryu talking to his inner Juha.

As for the reiatsu thing I would think at this point we would be arguing semantics to some degree... Although at least from what I understand I don't think reiatsu works that way. Reiatsu means spirit pressure which I would think refers to the concentration of spirit energy released by someone. While in volstandig quincy are not releasing power, they are absorbing it. So naturally their power would not be felt as pressure to those around them. They would have a ton of spirit power within them but I would question whether that could be referred to as spirit pressure in itself.
    I think people there use "reiatsu" to describe inner power, like chakra in Naruto. At least I always thought like that. The more someone trains to control his inner power, the less reiatsu he has? I think we take "reiatsu" as different things.

As far as spiritual awareness goes, I don't think its any different for quincy and shinigami. Its a vague concept so far but it refers to the ability to interact with spiritual things so I don't think this should vary between species even if their powers are different.
    Well, soul interacting with spiritual things is normal... Human, not a soul, interacting with spiritual things is not. It should be very different between Quincy and Shinigamis. Every soul can see other souls, but only several people can see souls, because their spiritual awareness is huge enough.

Kenpachi was the only one who actually cut a stern riter. The issue with the rest of the fights is that we saw but frames of them at a time. Which are even less relevant if we consider there is a pretty strong chance stern riter can heal themselves in the middle of a battle (I would argue there is pretty strong evidence of that so far).
    The issue with Kenpachi's fight is we saw NONE of it. And issue with Kyoraku's fight is we saw preparing for an attack and aftereffect, with SR bleeding from his stomach. In Kenpachi's case, only aftereffect.

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/506/4

What about that healing? Where?

My point is that what you called reinforcing does not actually count as that. What we are seeing there is a clear cut difference in power, not an actual defensive technique at work. Imagine two scenarios, a two year old punching you and you punching a turtle. Are they comparable? Presumably you wouldn't feel the 2 year old punching you because he has the muscles of a two year old. Its not that you have an armor or did anything to defend, its just that it is physically impossible for the amount of strength the 2 year old has to do any damage. In turn then we have you punching the turtle. The turtle has a highly specialized defense mechanism even if its actual physical capacities are not on par with yours. Quilge attacking ichigo was the equivalent of the 2 year old punching you. Ichigo attacking quilge was the equivalent to punching a turtle.
    Calling Shikai Ichigo, whose reiatsu was captain level, and who beat Renji, a baby compared to Kenpachi is strange. Give 2 year old a sword and make him run into you. We're not talking about fists, we're talking about swords, that are sharp, and even 2 year old could cut anyone if he could swing it properly. And trust me, Ichigo could swing his sword properly. The fact he couldn't cut Kenpachi is because his skin was damn hard. And why was it damn hard? Because there was reiatsu behind it. That's why we have people who can endure muuuuuch more and people who go down in a single blow.

I don't think the guy literally planned that every step of the way but I do think he aimed to catch shunsui off guard. I mean, why else rush in only to kneel in front of shunsui? Its not a defensible position in the least (although blut vene should be able to take care of that) and at no point did the guy appear in the slightest surprised or taken aback when shunsui reacted. Basically the plan would be "I attack in an improbably stupid way, and while he responds I get him with a quick volstandig".
    Getting close to Kyoraku is a necessity, even at pointblank range Kyoraku can dodge it. Attacking from below is better than attacking head on against someone who has two swords down. Getting low, just next to them eliminates threat of getting cut and gives him a chance to attack, at least once.

And it's funny how that SR was the only one who thought he'd use Vollstandig. And even planned all of it. And thought Kyoraku can react to vollstandig, so using it from the getgo would be stupid. That's one intelligent SR, who appreciates opponent's skill, unlike ALL other SRs, who thought of captains like disposable trash, that can do shit to them, even without Vollstandig.

Well, if slakverie is the quincy's most basic ability taken to the extreme then it is only more reason for it to be something which all stern riter can achieve. I don't think it really relates to jail in the least. If it was related to quilge's special ability then I would think the manga would have mentioned it already. Just to add to this, consider that the ability was induced by the volstandig disk on top of quilge's head. If slakverie was related to quilge's ability then slakverie should be achievable without volstandig. If it was achievable without volstandig then the disk on top of quilge's head would not be a factor here. Unless of course the disk was not a part of volstandig but that seems improbable considering it only appeared once volstandig started.
    Shunpo is basic Shinigami ability. Does that mean EVERY Shinigami can be as fast as Yoruichi/Soifon? Does it mean they can use Yoruichi's covert ops techniques like Byakuya/Yoruichi?

Kido is basic Shinigami ability. Does that mean EVERY Shinigami can use space relocation or time freezing like Tessai, or barriers like Hachigen? Does it mean, that EVERY Shinigami can use Shunko on master level?

It's achievable, but not everyone can master everything. Knowing Kirge's specialty, enslaving, it suits him. Just like Shunpo and Shunko suit Yoruichi. They're not Aizen, who mastered everything. We can expect it from Juha or Haschwald I think, but giving this ability to every SR seems overpowered. Fighting Shinigamis? Just use Sklaverei and don't let them destroy that thing on your head, absorb all of them and done! Noone is as fast as Ichigo to do it. And noone has element of surprise like Ichigo. Kirge could at least defend himself against Ichigo's speed. He could react, which would mean he could protect his head for few minutes. And seeing how Sklaverei "cuts" your whole body and takes your soul away it's enough to kill everyone.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast