Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 15 (Äs Nödt, Renji Abarai, Moe Shishigawara)

12 52.17%
  • Team 16 (Kūgo Ginjō, Hiyori Sarugaki, Yukio Hans Vorarlberna)

11 47.83%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 15 vs Team 16

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 15 vs Team 16

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Hollows are kinda different, they eat other hollows, Aaroniero consumed other hollows. In any case, fullbringers can't use Ichigo's powers for the purposes of this tournament.
    Those are their powers already. You may not like the way they got those powers but still, it IS theirs. Those powers will be with them forever. So we should consider Ginjo weaker than he already is, because his way of getting more powerful is "wrong"? Hollows are eating other Hollows, and Fullbringers are killing other Fullbringers, logic is pretty much the same. Nope, Ginjou's way is much more humane.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole deal with Ginjo was kinda confusing. We know that he was a substitute shinigami at one point which suggests he had a zanpakuto of his own. He had a sword with him in his flashback with young Tsukishima where he was also wearing a shinigami outfit. He acquired GT after he stole Ichigo's powers but GT isn't unique to Ichigo and moreover the manga recently revealed that Ichigo's shinigami powers are entirely different. Well, I don't say that Ginjou's was a real bankai but it seems to me that our information about him is unclear and we were purposefully kept in the dark. Since Ginjo never used bankai before he stole Ichigo's fullbring, you are free to assume that he doesn't have one but IMHO there's a distinct possibility that he actually had bankai and Ichigo's fullbring only enhanced it. I sincerely doubt that other fullbringers, who took Ichigo's powers, could use bankai as well.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole deal with Ginjo was kinda confusing. We know that he was a substitute shinigami at one point which suggests he had a zanpakuto of his own. He had a sword with him in his flashback with young Tsukishima where he was also wearing a shinigami outfit. He acquired GT after he stole Ichigo's powers but GT isn't unique to Ichigo and moreover the manga recently revealed that Ichigo's shinigami powers are entirely different. Well, I don't say that Ginjou's was a real bankai but it seems to me that our information about him is unclear and we were purposefully kept in the dark. Since Ginjo never used bankai before he stole Ichigo's fullbring, you are free to assume that he doesn't have one but IMHO there's a distinct possibility that he actually had bankai and Ichigo's fullbring only enhanced it. I sincerely doubt that other fullbringers, who took Ichigo's powers, could use bankai as well.
    Come on... SS wouldn't keep tabs on someone who doesn't have Bankai. This fullbring is only amplification of their abilities. It is a boost. It won't give someone bankai. What nonsense is this? Bankai requires much training to communicate with Zanpakuto. Some power boost WOULDN'T give him Bankai. He had it before. And I don't understand why would you made him that much weaker. From Bankai Ginjo who fought Ichigo we have... Shikai Ginjo, that we NEVER saw in real action. Ridicoulous.

Other fullbringers weren't Shinigamis so no, they couldn't use Bankai... of course... -.-

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Those are their powers already. You may not like the way they got those powers but still, it IS theirs. Those powers will be with them forever. So we should consider Ginjo weaker than he already is, because his way of getting more powerful is "wrong"? Hollows are eating other Hollows, and Fullbringers are killing other Fullbringers, logic is pretty much the same. Nope, Ginjou's way is much more humane.
    Killing other fullbringers and stealing their powers isn't a trait of fullbringers in general and even if Ginjou may be different from others in this regard, we decided that none of them would be able to use Ichigo's stolen powers for consistency's sake. The decision has been made, this is my last comment on the matter.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Killing other fullbringers and stealing their powers isn't a trait of fullbringers in general and even if Ginjou may be different from others in this regard, we decided that none of them would be able to use Ichigo's stolen powers for consistency's sake. The decision has been made, this is my last comment on the matter.
    Consistency's sake? You're doing exactly the opposite. It's part of Ginjo's power. And you're just weakening him, because you don't like him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as people are considering Yukio's ability to trap As Nodt, it's also equally possible As Nodt can use his fear arrows on Yukio, who's resolve isn't near as steely as Byakuya's given how immature he is and how much his past haunts him. Not to mention there's nothing giving the idea that he's even as fast as Byakuya, so hitting him with the fear arrows shouldn't be tough at all for the Quincy

Those arrows can pretty much take him completely out of the fight, a single moments pause could lead to his death. Ginjou also has to watch out for this effect

I don't remember, but do we give the S/R the bankai they've stolen in canon? If so, I'm leaning heavily toward Nodt's team, but if not, I'll remain undecided until I see more convincing arguments either way. Though looking at Miyagi's post I assume they don't
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; July 05, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    As much as people are considering Yukio's ability to trap As Nodt, it's also equally possible As Nodt can use his fear arrows on Yukio, who's resolve isn't near as steely as Byakuya's given how immature he is and how much his past haunts him. Not to mention there's nothing giving the idea that he's even as fast as Byakuya, so hitting him with the fear arrows shouldn't be tough at all for the Quincy

Those arrows can pretty much take him completely out of the fight, a single moments pause could lead to his death. Ginjou also has to watch out for this effect

I don't remember, but do we give the S/R the bankai they've stolen in canon? If so, I'm leaning heavily toward Nodt's team, but if not, I'll remain undecided until I see more convincing arguments either way. Though looking at Miyagi's post I assume they don't
    I had asked that during As Nodt's first match and Miyagi said that they do not. So it's just As Nodt and the powers he has shown sans Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.
    Last edited by eefrit; July 06, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Going with Team 15 on this one.

As Nodt's fear arrows are the biggest factor in the match. None of his opponents should have significantly better (if at all) willpower than Byakuya to resist the ability, especially Yukio and Hiyori, who have shown rather easily fluctuating emotions. Given that his arrows took effect on Byakuya very soon after he was hit, it's not unreasonable to assume the same for these guys.

Ginjo was rather underwhelming, particularly his endurance. Granted, his resolve was clearly falling as his fight progressed, but excusing his performance doesn't make it better either. As far as I'm concerned, As Nodt can take him.

On the subject of Hiyori and Renji, Hiyori's more impressive thus far. Renji has yet to show his new Bankai, and while his time-skip incarnation has been half decent, once Hiyori dons the mask, she should take it.

Yukio's power, while absurdly hax in theory, really didn't live up to its hype. Things like unbreakable cages, making an enemy "miss" an attack, and creating/collapsing dimensions should be a testament to his power, but really, we saw that when faced with a Captain, it didn't really amount to much. Yukio's opponents should see quite quickly that his powers are activated through his little armband computer, so it's not question what will be targeted. Should still be a good support guy nonetheless, and could make a couple moves to take a win. Overall however, he's more likely to die.

Moe's rather underrated in my opinion. He failed to kill Ikkaku, but he broke his damn Zanpakuto, something we just don't see done so casually. This severely limited Ikkaku's offensive options, and he could do something similar to his opponents here too. Ginjo also had part of his sword break (although this was a much weaker version). Moe's got a handful of decent speed feats and a hax ability, he's not irrelevant in this fight. It's also worth noting that after the other Fullbringers got boosted (including Yukio), Ginjo said he didn't want Moe's powers getting stronger, because they were too troublesome. Not to say that Moe necessarily beats the others, but it was made clear that his ability's no joke either, especially without knowledge.

All in all though, it comes down to As Nodt. His ability is just too ridiculous. One cut and his opponent's ability to fight will be seriously hampered. Byakuya even stopped moving at one point without realizing it, and got a hole in the chest because of it. No one on this team is going to kill As Nodt without being cut once. He's a game changer even without SKY.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukio's fullbring is too haxed,he may make it to have a 3vs1 each time. I think his team is stronger,since as nodt owned a weak byakuya with his own bankai,but wad then one-shotted by yama.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Yukio's fullbring is too haxed,he may make it to have a 3vs1 each time.
    Except you have to consider his character. He's too arrogant, and that's why he won't do that. If I had control of Yukio I'd just make him continually create and collapse dimensions on people, but it's not realistic.

Quote Quote:
    I think his team is stronger,since as nodt owned a weak byakuya with his own bankai,but wad then one-shotted by yama.
    Everyone here, and indeed most characters in the manga, would receive the same treatment. And are you trying to suggest that As Nodt isn't significant here?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 15 take this easily for me, I don't see how people can vote against fear and luck. Plus Renji has a cool ponytail
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Team 15 (Äs Nödt, Renji Abarai, Moe Shishigawara) : 12
    Team 16 (Kūgo Ginjō, Hiyori Sarugaki, Yukio Hans Vorarlberna) : 11

Team 15 advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2