Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magi 188 Discussion/189 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fercks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 188 Discussion/189 Predictions

I'm worried for Haku and Judar... I have a feeling they are really going to fight against Aladdin and the gang... also... I get the feeling with that big event... other major characters will come along to help out and stop the "father". That means ... in a few chapters we're going to see Mor? Sin? and even YUnan??
    ‎"To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking."
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the desire for reinforcements that people are mentioning. The Kou generals ARE the reinforcements, and they've barely shown their powers yet. This chapter was basically all of them showing up at the moment the medium began erupting, and it ended without a single example of anyone looking overwhelmed (except Aladdin without a staff) by that pretty breathtaking scene. I think involving Sinbad in this arc would complicate things far too much now that Kouen is there, and it would cheapen this epic moment the same way Kouen took away Alibaba's spotlight. And worse yet, it would further imply to people who clearly don't follow this manga closely that it's somehow ending lol. This event is a pretty big deal, but if THIS was the battle to defeat Al Thamen then that would ruin this manga.

And the first thing I thought of when I saw the last page was Legion from Castlevania. Except way more epic...
    Last edited by obamamania; July 08, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Same here. As much as Kouen seems to be the 'boss' of the group,I think its Aladdin's turn to shine when it comes to the real final showdown. However I do get a feeling that more people will be arriving. Damn I wonder how long will I have to wait for someone to colour Kouen's djinn equip, I've waited so long for Mu's and couldn't find anything...
    ..: The night is forever old :..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    Damn I wonder how long will I have to wait for someone to colour Kouen's djinn equip, I've waited so long for Mu's and couldn't find anything...
    I think red would be a convenient color... it'd be nice from Ohtaka-sensei to draw a color page like the one with Alibaba's full djinn equip, showing the Ko generals...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    I don't get the desire for reinforcements that people are mentioning. The Kou generals ARE the reinforcements, and they've barely shown their powers yet.
    Not that I don't want for Sinbad and the Generals to show themselves, but I also don't like the idea of Sinbad and the Generals coming for another additional reinforcements. IF they arrive to aid Alibaba and Aladdin, then Sinbad would probably meet Kouen and then the Al Thamen; I think that would make this arc a very confusing one, arcs pile up one after another. Plz I don't want for this manga to end like what happenes with FT. I think the Kou Empire Djinn Warriors are enough to handle the Black djinns, the Eight Generals will surely won't able to do anything against them since some of them doesn't have the ability to defeat one. The only problem the Kou Djinn warriors would surely face sooner or later is the quantity of magoi they had.

Even though two magis are there (Aladdin and Scherry), this would be a very difficult and looooong fight. Scherry can't use her full powers since her real body's life is almost running out and if she did use her own Aberrant Magic like what Titus used, then she's done for and we won't have a loli/female magi Plus it seem hinted that Judar is coming to show anytime soon Imagine a magi trio!!

What I'm more concerned about is Aladdin. Where could he find a replacement for his broken staff? I don't believe Scherry will lend hers since it's waaaay to huge for him tho.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's necessary for Sinbad to be here. Not because the reinforcements are not strong enough but because of his positon. Many big guns are here, Kou empire, 2 Magis, magicians of Magnostadt, Fanalis clan, Al Thamen, no wonder Alibaba is overshadowed. That war will be a historical moment in Magi's world. He is the King of the Seven Seas after all, he has to be present in this war.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason people want Sinbad there so badly is because they assume that this is the definitive battle of this manga. Is that what you really want, because if so then the manga will end soon and that is doubtful.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2