Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Timeline of Humanity vs Titans and Questions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Timeline of Humanity vs Titans and Questions

Apologies if I missed the answer somewhere already, but what is the significance of the first chapter being titled "to you in 2000 years"? does that refer to us the readers being just past the year 2000, or does that mean something else? Sorry if this was already explained, but that really sounds like engrish to me, and something I felt could be cleared up, also I don't think they use the same calender in japan as we do, since the gregorian calender is a western invention, so that may be impossible for it to mean that.

Thanks in advance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

2000 years was probably meant "2000 years after the incident". Probably pointing to how long has passed since Titans appeared and start rampaging around.
    What are my thoughts about this:

-Titans are artificially created by humans, so far for unknown purpose ( maybe they were designed to be super-solder or maybe they are failed experiment to somehow enhance humans themselves ).
    -2000 years seems right to me because even with all their numbers to completely eradicate Mankind in just 100 years seems ridiculous + those walls cannot be build in such short time ( especially since they seem to be hundreds of kilometers long, maybe even thousands ).
    -I doubt they had better technology than us today, maybe they were better in bio engineering than us but that's about it.

What I am interested in finding out:

-What can be more important than the survival of Humanity? What possible cause can be so important to sacrifice millions of people to Titan attacks? Unless there is more to the world than it meets the eye... ( seriously now, this manga is so plot twisted that I wouldn't be surprised if aliens show up i the end ).
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Apologies if I missed the answer somewhere already, but what is the significance of the first chapter being titled "to you in 2000 years"? does that refer to us the readers being just past the year 2000, or does that mean something else? Sorry if this was already explained, but that really sounds like engrish to me, and something I felt could be cleared up, also I don't think they use the same calender in japan as we do, since the gregorian calender is a western invention, so that may be impossible for it to mean that.

Thanks in advance.
    The title's translation is pretty much accurate. As to what the meaning for the first chapter's title is, it's still yet to be revealed. It's rather that the title itself is pretty much a mystery in its own account.

So nope, the meaning for "to you in 2000 years" wasn't explained anywhere. Get used to see all kind of theories about what might be up (parallel universes, time loops, past civilizations, aliens, etc etc). But as long as official info goes, we're left clueless.

Oh and by the way, Gregorian Calendar is indeed in use in Japan (although they still count years of reign of the current emperor). You can found out more here.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2