Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Cheers from anime- artist~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner HimuraMechniza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Cheers from anime- artist~

Hello people!
    I`m a newcomer and guess should introduce myself. So be it
    I`m from Russia, Volgograd. Have been drawing since childhood, have art-education and still paying attention to selfdevelopment. Also, i`m a freelancer artist at the moment.
    For many-many years i`m a fan of anime. Even though i`ve been through lots interests, i couldn`t forget anime\manga So, this fact had a big influence on style of my drawings. I like to think that style of them is already individual enough, but partially it was made up thanks to animes :d
    Here you can take a look at my portfolio http://www.behance.net/himura-mechniza
    annnd blog http://bit-of-arts.blogspot.ru/
    Examples of drawings:

I know MH has different contests where i`d like to participate. Also feel it would be good and pleasant to get a status of `Artist` here

So, HELLO ; )
    Last edited by HimuraMechniza; July 05, 2013 at 07:52 AM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheers from anime- artist~

Hey, hey! Welcome to MH!

Good to have another artist in our midst, you guys are a dying breed

Here are some useful links to get you started:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumd...rt-and-Stories

This subforum has all the art related thing we deal with on MH...you will see the Art Contests subforum there, the Galleries, etc...please check those subforums and relevant threads and if you have any questions, you can pester Farfalla the mod who handles all those sections...

As for gaining the Artist usergroup title, you will have to fulfill these requirements
    Artists
    Requirements
    • Must have posted 10 pieces of arts in any of Mangahelpers art forums.
    • Participation in 2 art contests every 6 months is mandatory.
    • Must show the intent of continuing to contribute. A minimum of 6 pieces posted every 6 months is expected.
    • A long period without contribution to the art forum without any hint of return could result in loss of usergroup status.
    • Members of the artist usergroup may open a gallery to showcase their art.

When you manage to do that, you can apply for the status change in this thread

So what manga or anime are you interested in or are fan of?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HimuraMechniza View Post
    Hello people!
    I`m a newcomer and guess should introduce myself. So be it
    I`m from Russia, Volgograd. Have been drawing since childhood, have art-education and still paying attention to selfdevelopment. Also, i`m a freelancer artist at the moment.
    For many-many years i`m a fan of anime. Even though i`ve been through lots interests, i couldn`t forget anime\manga So, this fact had a big influence on style of my drawings. I like to think that style of them is already individual enough, but partially it was made up thanks to animes :d
    Here you can take a look at my portfolio http://www.behance.net/himura-mechniza
    annnd blog http://bit-of-arts.blogspot.ru/
    Examples of drawings:

I know MH has different contests where i`d like to participate. Also feel it would be good and pleasant to get a status of `Artist` here

So, HELLO ; )
    Bigger pictures next time please

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Bigger pictures next time please

Oh, really... why not :d

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Hey, hey! Welcome to MH!

Good to have another artist in our midst, you guys are a dying breed

Here are some useful links to get you started:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumd...rt-and-Stories

This subforum has all the art related thing we deal with on MH...you will see the Art Contests subforum there, the Galleries, etc...please check those subforums and relevant threads and if you have any questions, you can pester Farfalla the mod who handles all those sections...

As for gaining the Artist usergroup title, you will have to fulfill these requirements
    Artists
    Requirements
    • Must have posted 10 pieces of arts in any of Mangahelpers art forums.
    • Participation in 2 art contests every 6 months is mandatory.
    • Must show the intent of continuing to contribute. A minimum of 6 pieces posted every 6 months is expected.
    • A long period without contribution to the art forum without any hint of return could result in loss of usergroup status.
    • Members of the artist usergroup may open a gallery to showcase their art.

When you manage to do that, you can apply for the status change in this thread

So what manga or anime are you interested in or are fan of?
    Thank you for advices and help!

Concerning my interests... well, i like many things. Currnetly in biggest interest are One Piece and FMA. Haven`t been seen\read for long time, though still like Madoca Magica, Mushishi, Natsume`s book of friends, K-on, Haruhi Sudzumia, Hellsing, Shaman King, Rurouni Kenshin... a lot : )) Feels like favorite anime-topics are of big range

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner warywhim's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Welcome to MH! I really like your art style!! Good luck with the different art contests here! I'm sure you'll do well ^^

Quote Quote:
    Concerning my interests... well, i like many things. Currnetly in biggest interest are One Piece and FMA. Haven`t been seen\read for long time, though still like Madoca Magica, Mushishi, Natsume`s book of friends, K-on, Haruhi Sudzumia, Hellsing, Shaman King, Rurouni Kenshin... a lot : )) Feels like favorite anime-topics are of big range
    I'm watching FMA right now! (never saw the whole thing ><) Do you prefer the original 2003 one or Brotherhood? People keep telling me not to waste my time watching the original one cos Brotherhood is better, but I figured if I just watched Brotherhood... I'd get curious and want to watch the original one anyway lol

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, warywhim! Thank you, it`s a pleasure

To be honest i have nothing to compare with :d Friend adviced me to watch exactly Brotherhood, so i keep doing it. And like it, and want to continue watching only this right now x)

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Update about my work: i participated in Shonen Jump worldwide manga competition, so manga fans might be interested to see what have i drawn. It is a post in my own blog where you can download the 1st chapter and you are welcome to be followers of it btw :d http://bit-of-arts.blogspot.ru/2013/...ump-manga.html

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply