Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Damn alot of stuff was revealed in chapter 47

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damn alot of stuff was revealed in chapter 47

Right now we can't be sure about what "that" mean, but they intend to bring Annie with them. Guess they don't know yet she was captured, which makes sense considering they were separated from the hunt for Annie inside the walls.
    Last edited by Dass Jennir; July 06, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    I have lots of suggestions but I run around like a headless chicken. If it's decent then it's probably Yumpo's :P

One question here, do you think the herring can scene is solved then? Now that Reiner and Ymir both open up to each other (other than their sexual orientation, which should be obvious....... unless you people complicate matters in the other thread XD ) But in the end, do we still know whether they are talking about the language on the can, or the fish in the can?? Or is that even necessary now?...
    Unfortunately I don't think it's solved. We might be able to get a better sense of nuance from the original Japanese text but probably not. For now I'm assuming only Ymir could read it, although it makes me wonder how on earth did Reiner know that Ymir was a shifter? (I'm not touching the orientation "discussion" for now, lol...)

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    Time doesn't matter if she's just mindlessly wandering about, it's not like there are a lot (if any) humans outside the walls/settlements. And I'm now confident that Berik was a titan shifter like Berth and Reiner, and by eating him, Ymir gained the ability to control her titan just like Berik could. Doesn't seem all that ludicrous to me.

Btw, this page: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/47/9
    What does Reiner mean? So, now they are going to their hometown, but will then return inside the walls later on with Annie, Christa and /that/, only to go back home again?
    Yes, pretty much that. It seems they need their "coordinate," they need "that" and they're going "home" WITH Annie (maybe also with Christa if Reiner convinces her)... and never coming back. With it translated as them wanting to get Christa on "their side," it's strongly implied they have a cause she can agree with.

*edit*
    btw this chapter was pretty funny at times. I laughed out loud both at Eren's uselessness and at Conny and Christa being all happy to see titan Ymir.
    Last edited by kannazuki; July 06, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    For now I'm assuming only Ymir could read it, although it makes me wonder how on earth did Reiner know that Ymir was a shifter?
    Huh, what makes you think he knew?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The lines about not being the type to be interested in guys/girls made me think he was alluding to the fact they both had more important things on their minds, which I'd seen as their respective (possibly contradictory) "missions" as titans. Maybe I was reading into it too much though, and he was just lying about himself while saying he thought they both weren't into dating.
    Last edited by kannazuki; July 06, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice how immediately after they discovered the ape titan, reiner and berth wanted to leave? It's already been confirmed that the ape titan is something they need to get home. I'm pretty sure the person controlling the ape titan is a human from their village.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

The lines about not being the type to be interested in guys/girls made me think he was alluding to the fact they both had more important things on their minds..
    I actually saw that part the same way you did, and not in a way that Reiner was coming out of a closet as all those yaoi fans said.
    But still, there is just no way Reiner could have known. He was being suspicious of her at best after realizing she can read foreign(old?) language but thats when the shit hit the fan storywise, so he probably didn't give it much thought in between that point and Ymir's revelation when she transformed.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually saw that part the same way you did, and not in a way that Reiner was coming out of a closet as all those yaoi fans said.
    Isn't that the normal way lol?

But yes I agree with the rest of your post. Well he kinda starts suspecting after her effort at disrupting Connie's thought pattern, but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by mrveggie View Post
    Did anyone else notice how immediately after they discovered the ape titan, reiner and berth wanted to leave? It's already been confirmed that the ape titan is something they need to get home. I'm pretty sure the person controlling the ape titan is a human from their village.
    I think the Ape is human as well, or at least former human. If we have a short weird-looking Ymir, then I suppose we get a tall hairy one too, haha. But Ymir actually being an old lady makes me think that the Ape has gotta be wandering around for a loooong long time as well (since it doesn't know about 3D gear, it isn't 'sure' they speak the same language.)

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Ape Titan is most probably a human as well. But I don't think Ymir looks any weirder than other titans. And I don't understand why some call her a 'failed experiment' or a inferior titan and such as she seeed pretty badass to me while she was fighting on that tower.

Also, I'm pretty sure Eren didn't eat Grisha. I haven't even considered it before this chapter, and now everyone is saying that Eren probably ate his father after the injection. The reason I don't believe that is, because of the injection that contained "their memories", it wasn't needed for Eren to eat anyone in order to control his titan since the injection already allows him to control it. Still, it's just my opinion, and nothing conclusive.
    But there is one more thing. Nobody said that Grisha dissapeared right after he injected Eren, right? And if Eren transformed after the injection, that means that they were not in close proximity to any humans otherwise they would notice Eren's titan form. So if that's when Eren ate his father, that means that eventually he would wake up in a middle of nowhere alone? Seems kinda odd, don't you think? Wouldn't that seems suspicious to Eren and others? It's more probable that Grisha injected Eren, causing him some memory loss, but dissapeared on some another occasion?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

As Utsune pointed out, Reiner began to suspect Ymir because she took Conny off the topic of the titans. Considering what they said in this latest chapter, I suppose that by itself is enough to know that Ymir is a shifter.

I'm neutral on just what it was Eren was injected with but I'll just point out it's quite clear they were out in the woods when Eren was injected. For those who believe Eren ate his father it's quite conceivable that the man sacrificed himself in a secluded location like that so no one would see what was happening. On the other hand Eren would then find himself waking up in a weird place and possibly surrounded in/near blood. He could forget that too I suppose, but that's kind of a stretch I think...

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

As Utsune pointed out, Reiner began to suspect Ymir because she took Conny off the topic of the titans. Considering what they said in this latest chapter, I suppose that by itself is enough to know that Ymir is a shifter.
    Hmm, that didn't seem like he was being suspicious of Ymir. He was just trying to hide from Connie the fact that it was people from his village that got turned. Ymir making fun of Connie seemed like her natural reaction and Reiner simply just wanted Ymir to ''keep it up''. That was the reason he went to talk to her. Then he realized the herring thing, and would probably add 1 and 1 eventually, but it didn't really matter cause he found out soon after.

On the other hand Eren would then find himself waking up in a weird place and possibly surrounded in/near blood. He could forget that too I suppose, but that's kind of a stretch I think...
    Even if he forgot that, how would he get back? Alone, after how many days? Someone would have noticed that, and nobody even mentioned it..
    Eren has vague memories of his father injecting him with something, and we know Grisha mysteriously dissapeared, but I just don't see it happen at the same time.

fakeEDIT: But now I went to re-read some parts and found this:
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shing...n/c003/20.html
    so yeah, I'm back with it being pretty possible.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

On the first, sorry I gotta disagree with you there. Can't shake the impression Reiner is acting suspicious of her before they're even looking at cans.

On the second, nice catch with all the "I can't remembers" in there. Whether he ate his dad is up in the air for now, but possible.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Ape Titan is most probably a human as well. But I don't think Ymir looks any weirder than other titans. And I don't understand why some call her a 'failed experiment' or a inferior titan and such as she seeed pretty badass to me while she was fighting on that tower.

Just a small comment.
    Ymir looks special to me purely because of her teeth. I've never never never seen any Titans with her kind of canine/dog teeth. All other Titans have human-like teeth. Not Ymir.
    (Please prove me wrong if I'm actually wrong, but for now I'll say she has special teeth lol.)

Though there's little from which I can say she's a failed experiment or whatever. :S I don't really buy that just yet.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

If humans were transformed into Titans : then Ymir was transformed into one as well. If an external hand is involved (as shown by Monkey Titan and Grisha who are able to do that), then Ymir was transformed because of someone. And since she looks a bit different than other Titans, I was assuming that she was actually experimented upon, but became mindless(failed experiment) and was left in the wild. If she was given the Titan ability without a purpose in mind, then she would be more similar to the rest of the normal Titans and maybe wouldn't have become a human. If normal Titans could become humans easily, then we should be having more shape shifters and more information regarding them, since someone would disclose that information. And moreover, only those "special" titans like Eren's, Annie's, Bert's and Reiner's seem to have successfully converted back to humans.(Bert mentions that their case was similar to that of Ymir's, so they became mindless right after their first transformation, but became successful with it later) Also, Eren wasn't fully conscious in his initial transformations and he doesn't remember killing those Titans and attacking Mikasa. It is sure that Titan-shifters are mindless in their initial transformations, but that doesn't mean that they eat up humans.

And then : there are different types of Titans with different abilities. We have an armored, colossal, female and power(Eren) Titan which are different in abilities and form. If an external hand is involved in it, like Grisha gave a serum to Eren to make him into a power Titan, then we can assume that different types of serum/substances induce different Titan abilities. Add this to the fact that your Titan shape or form remains same regardless of your age.
    The point is, I don't think human characteristics or abilities determine your Titan form. Why would Ymir, Eren be any different from other Titans. They are not "special" humans or a different species. Hence different 'things' must be done to a human to induce different effects.

Then Ymir ate Berik after some time(no idea about when) after which she became human again.(Not saying Berik is the cause for her becoming human. However, it is possible)

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

One more thing that's weird is that Ymir's titan looks the same now as it did while she was 'mindless'. Does that mean it was different for Reiner and Berth since their types of titans were never seen before?
    Also, how do elvish ears fit in? Ape, Eren and Ymir have them. RBA don't. Could this mean something as well?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One more thing that's weird is that Ymir's titan looks the same now as it did while she was 'mindless'. Does that mean it was different for Reiner and Berth since their types of titans were never seen before?
    Also, how do elvish ears fit in? Ape, Eren and Ymir have them. RBA don't. Could this mean something as well?
    Well, the situation seems to be that all human titans have a rather rough first transformation however one way or the other they are still human in titan bodies. If there were humans inside the normal titans the scouting legion would have fought them already IMO. Basically not all titans can go back to being humans, some of them simply fully transform.

Not sure about the ears but I don't think it is too relevant. Overall titans are usually rather deformed, pointy ears don't really point anywhere with what little we know.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast