Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be next Admiral?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be next Admiral?

That can work... then we have midori- and orenji/daidaro-(according to yahoo answers at least). However by that logic we already have a few possibilities for names(assuming there is a merit to the nue idea).

midorihebi
    orenjihebi
    daidarohebi

Not sure how the tanuki thing would work if akainu is not in the mix... any combination would be too long too sound cool IMO (perhaps in jap it would sound different though)

MIdori tanuki?
    Orenjitanuki?
    Daidarotanuki?

I guess the new admiral could potentially take just the inu bit for his own but it would be weird. Then we would have:

Midoriinu
    orenjiinu
    Daidaruinu

tanuki also feels like it would be a rather undignified animal. Isn't it a bit of a comedy relief creature? Even chopper gets called a tanuki for the lulz. Or is there an alternate name for a tanuki? Wikipedia would tell us the name mujina is also used for tanuke although that is an old timy name apparently.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Aokiji is retired, they might keep the Ao-.

Aohebi sounds kinda nice. But I think Midori- will be used at some time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a monkey in any other Japanese folklore involving animals? The only thing that comes to mind is Journey to the West, but that's not Japanese Literature, but Fujitora is a tiger, I think. So I guess there'll have to be tales including monkey and tiger.

Monkey, Dog, Rooster, and Tiger are all part of Chinese Zodiacs, too. So it could be possible that's the theme they'll be playing instead. There's probably too many characters, though.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 18, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Is there a monkey in any other Japanese folklore involving animals? The only thing that comes to mind is Journey to the West, but that's not Japanese Literature, but Fujitora is a tiger, I think. So I guess there'll have to be tales including monkey and tiger.
    The Nue.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Re: Who will be next Admiral?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think the next admiral will have either green or orange - secondary color like purple.
    I agree with green or orange.
    Or in fact a lighter shade of blue is possible. I guess Brown and Grey are legit too.
    But Vice-Admiral Momonga wears the purple suit so I sorta doubt Oda will give the same suit to another character.
    Iirc Vice-Admiral Dalmatian wears a brown suit so perhaps Brown is unlikely too.

I think its a totally different ball-game with suit colors now because Oda only wanted the first Admirals to see to be Logia's and really have their characteristics and appearance in tandem with their Logia DF.
    Now that the Admiral line-up is different there is no requirement that Oda has to make the Admirals Logia users so they aren't inclined to have a particular color anymore.
    Its not like Paramecia Fruits have particular colors.

(I really can't see a Zoan user as an Admiral right now though...)

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That can work... then we have midori- and orenji/daidaro-(according to yahoo answers at least). However by that logic we already have a few possibilities for names(assuming there is a merit to the nue idea).

midorihebi
    orenjihebi
    daidarohebi

Not sure how the tanuki thing would work if akainu is not in the mix... any combination would be too long too sound cool IMO (perhaps in jap it would sound different though)

MIdori tanuki?
    Orenjitanuki?
    Daidarotanuki?

I guess the new admiral could potentially take just the inu bit for his own but it would be weird. Then we would have:

Midoriinu
    orenjiinu
    Daidaruinu

tanuki also feels like it would be a rather undignified animal. Isn't it a bit of a comedy relief creature? Even chopper gets called a tanuki for the lulz. Or is there an alternate name for a tanuki? Wikipedia would tell us the name mujina is also used for tanuke although that is an old timy name apparently.
    Weeaboo.

I think we could see green dragon or orange cheetah or something, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Since Aokiji is retired, they might keep the Ao-.

Aohebi sounds kinda nice. But I think Midori- will be used at some time.
    Not sure if that's likely as Fujitora probably became an admiral after Aokiji left, but he didn't become Aotora. It's likely related to the color of their devil fruit power? Kizaru had yellow, Akainu's magma was red, and I'm guessing Aokiji's ice or power in general was blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I agree with green or orange.
    Or in fact a lighter shade of blue is possible. I guess Brown and Grey are legit too.
    But Vice-Admiral Momonga wears the purple suit so I sorta doubt Oda will give the same suit to another character.
    Iirc Vice-Admiral Dalmatian wears a brown suit so perhaps Brown is unlikely too.

I think its a totally different ball-game with suit colors now because Oda only wanted the first Admirals to see to be Logia's and really have their characteristics and appearance in tandem with their Logia DF.
    Now that the Admiral line-up is different there is no requirement that Oda has to make the Admirals Logia users so they aren't inclined to have a particular color anymore.
    Its not like Paramecia Fruits have particular colors.

(I really can't see a Zoan user as an Admiral right now though...)
    Probably did to Fujitora? He is the purple tiger, no?

Though logia tends to show color with their power.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Probably did to Fujitora? He is the purple tiger, no?

Though logia tends to show color with their power.
    Well this sums up the discussion now lol.
    Fujitora went and got revealed as the Admiral.
    It'd be interesting to see if there are characters who mention how much they've heard of him.

Hoping the system of 3 Admirals is scrapped so we can get 4 instead.
    The Grand Line is far too crazy right now for just 4 Admirals (including Fleet) to cope with.

Fujitora can't really show power with his... Power that involves some kind of gravitational force?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Predictions for the new/current admirals?

Sooo, we found out purple tigers... and green bull.
    So I wonder, what are the strength of the new admirals? Like meteors are just insane and possibly stronger than Edwards Gura Gura fruits.
    As well as lets hypothesize on what green bull strength is?
    Since Akainu and Aokiji have moved on with their life, what is kizaru doing? Still an admiral?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predictions for the new/current admirals?

I would say Akainu hasn't moved on, he's moved up and is still on the very same path. There was no reason for Kizaru to leave the marines, so no worries here, especially since Fujitora seems to be just as fearsome as the old trio and therefore should be able keep up with the the senior admiral.

Fujitora is unlike Kuzan and Sakazuki, his color is inbetween red and blue, so maybe Green Bull will be a mix of Kizaru's lightheartedness and Kuzan's cool demeanor.

edit: Since Issho seems to have a paramecia ability, I would assume that Ryokugyu has a zoan power to bring an equilibrium into the admiral trio, maybe he truly is a bull, I wonder if he will deviate in his size from the others.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 06, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fujitora seems kinda humble and modest unlike the others, but he is still wet behind the ears as an Admiral it seems. I expect the same for Green Bull. However, I can see that Admiral being a confrontational and aggressive character.

Ability wise, I think Fujitora has a gravity paramecia. All signs point to it, but I wouldn't mind being surprised if it were another type. I'm really hoping Green Bull has a Wood Logia or some sort of plant based logia. That'd just be awesome.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Initially I thought that Akainu picked his best buddies (or at least those with the same convictions as him) to become an Admiral, but the latest chapter and other actions revealed that Fujitora is both new to the Marines and doesn't follow Absolute Justice.

Green Bull is still a mystery at this point. Perhaps s/he will be the one who will share a more similar worldview as Akainu.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Initially I thought that Akainu picked his best buddies (or at least those with the same convictions as him) to become an Admiral, but the latest chapter and other actions revealed that Fujitora is both new to the Marines and doesn't follow Absolute Justice.

Green Bull is still a mystery at this point. Perhaps s/he will be the one who will share a more similar worldview as Akainu.
    Akainu has friends? I think there are only people who either dislike or tolerate him

First a quote of Beatrice that depicts something rather interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    An Oda Drawing:

Mifune Toshiro with Bull Horns.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiro_Mifune
    This drawing was included in volume 70 and depicts Mifune Toshiro, probably the most renown Japanese actor. His collaborations with Kurosawa Akira are his most famous movies, including Rashomon, Seven Samurai, Yojimbo The Hidden Fortress and The Bad Sleep Well, except the Samurai Trilogy. Considering that all the Admirals´appearance and, to a certain extent, their personality is based on famous actors in their most popular role, this drawing is somewhat interesting. It is also peculiar that Oda drew Mifune with horns and now introduced a character named Ryokugyuu (Green Bull).
    Another interesting fact is that there is a movie in the Zatoichi series called "Zatoichi meets Yojimbo" in which both Shintaro Katsu (Zatoichi) and Mifune (Yojimbo) play side by side. In the movie, Zatoichi is hired by a rich merchant while Yojimbo is hired by the son of said merchant. Considering that Fujitora and Ryokugyuu were both conscripted by the Marines, it could be a parallel, at least somewhat. Furthermore, one of the gang leaders Yojimbo tricks in the 1961 movie is called Ushitora, which consists of ox/bull and tiger.

Considering all that, it is not unlikely that Mifune is really going to be the inspiration for the newest Admiral Ryokugyuu. The thing with Mifune is though that he has way more than one memorable role. I mean, Shintaro Katsu was pretty much Zatoichi, Yusaku Matsuda´s (Aokiji) most remembered role is the detective Shunsaku Kudo in Tantei Monogatari, Bunta Sugawara often played the same type of character that personality-wise resembles Akainu and of course Kunie Tanaka as Borsalino in Truck Yaro.
    Mifune on the other hand has so many memorable roles that are sometimes so different. The calculative and smart Ronin Yojimbo Sanjuro, the naive, goofy but lovable, wannabe samurai Kikuchiyo in Seven Samurai, the bandit in Rashomon, the master swordsman Musashi in the Samurai Trilogy and so forth but if that drawing should really be a hint of the Ryokugyuu´s design, it´s probably Yojimbo.
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; July 07, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

14. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be going with Kizaru being no Admiral anymore or maybe won't be in future if he still is.

Let's go with the current Admirals.
    Fujitora
    Ryokuyguu
    Kizaru

Nothing wrong here but it's the colors.
    Purple
    Green
    Yellow

There are 3 Primary Colors.
    Red,Blue and Yellow.
    Red Dog
    Blue Pheasant
    Yellow Monkey

However, Fujitora and Ryokugyuu have names with Secondary Colors.
    Purple and Green.
    Red + Blue - Purple
    Blue + Yellow - Green

It only makes sense that the 3rd General would follow this order thus:
    Yellow + Red - Orange

Pre Timeskip - Blue,Red and Yellow
    Post Timeskip - Purple,Green and Orange

It started with the Primary Colors then it became to two Secondary and 1 Primary?

So I go with:
    Post Timeskip Admirals:
    Purple Tiger
    Green Bull
    Orange ???

Besides, if we look at Orange, the color that is not included = Blue which reminds me how Aokiji is no part of the Marines.
    Last edited by Beatrice; July 07, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say thanks for the eye-opener there MiyamotoMusashi, keeps me on my toes for Oda's works.
    Everything this man does can be referenced. Its truly amazing.

I'd say that Kizaru hasn't quit the Marines. If he's no longer an Admiral, I'd say that he has become like Garp and Sengoku and has stayed with the Marines and is just pursuing a very backseat role. Why would Oda have somebody as powerful as Kizaru no longer on the Marines side?

If I was a pirate, any news that Kizaru quit the Marines for me personally is just a massive incentive to become an even better pirate because there is no longer someone as beastly as him trying to kill people like me.

@eefrit, I was thinking to myself the other day that a Wood Logia is missing from the One Piece series.
    I don't think a Standard Zoan would work for an Admiral.
    He'd need to be a Mythical Zoan imo. How good can a Standard Zoan be at the Admiral level in strength honestly?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I gotta say thanks for the eye-opener there MiyamotoMusashi, keeps me on my toes for Oda's works.
    Everything this man does can be referenced. Its truly amazing.

I'd say that Kizaru hasn't quit the Marines. If he's no longer an Admiral, I'd say that he has become like Garp and Sengoku and has stayed with the Marines and is just pursuing a very backseat role. Why would Oda have somebody as powerful as Kizaru no longer on the Marines side?

If I was a pirate, any news that Kizaru quit the Marines for me personally is just a massive incentive to become an even better pirate because there is no longer someone as beastly as him trying to kill people like me.

@eefrit, I was thinking to myself the other day that a Wood Logia is missing from the One Piece series.
    I don't think a Standard Zoan would work for an Admiral.
    He'd need to be a Mythical Zoan imo. How good can a Standard Zoan be at the Admiral level in strength honestly?
    Standard.. What about Green Bull being Zoan fruit? Make it Mythical. Make it freaking Minotaur. That is a bull too. Yohohoho!

New Reply
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast