Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Uranus: What it might be

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Uranus: What it might be

My first post on MH, so bear with me if this has been posted before. I haven't seen anything like it after a quick search, so hopefully I don't accidentally copy something another user has written.

The fact that Poseidon, one of the three ancient weapons, is in fact a living being, has some interesting implications as I see it. First and foremost of course that at least one of them still exists today, but also that the other weapons might be living beings themselves. Monsters, strong individuals, whatever. But what if...

Now, as we all know, Poseidon was the god of the oceans. Hades was the god of the Underworld and the lord of death. Now, why isn't the third weapon named Zeus? Zeus, Poseidon and Hades were the powerful trinity of the Greek pantheon, so this would be logical. Uranus on the other hand was one of the first gods and father of the three, so he doesn't fit into this quiet well. Whatever Hades is or might be has some interesting implications of course, but here is what I think.

I think Uranus might be the Yami-Yami no mi.
    Whenever Uranus came to Gaia, it became dark, so there is a small connection there. However, I base my claim more on the.. unique properties the Yami-Yami no mi has. It barely fits the Logia category and has such a huge set of powers, that it just seems to be out of balance to me. Even the Gura-Gura no mi or the Kage-Kage no mi, which are extremely powerful in their own rights, don't have quiet the spectrum that the Yami-Yami no mi provides. Especially the fact that the user can negate other DF abilities with it makes me wonder. And there is the fact, that it seems to enable its user to steal other users powers, though I want to put that aside because there are just too many unknown factors there.

As things are, I could very well imagine the Yami-Yami to be artificially created, maybe during the Void Century, to put up something against powerful Devil Fruit users throughout the world. The thought of ALL Devil Fruits being a product of that age isn't that far from it, though I personally don't think so. Most of them were "natural" I guess and only the Yami-Yami (and maybe a few others) were created artificially during t he Void Century, the Yami-Yami of course to counter other DF-users and steal their abilities for whoever created it.

Thoughts?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uranus: What it might be

Sorry, I just could not resist XD

On a more serious note, I do not believe that the Yami Yami no Mi is Uranus. In my opinion, the last remaining ancient weapon might even be hidden on the Moon, waiting for someone to discover it and bring it back (Enel himself, maybe? Oda said he would have made a return, so him owning one of the most powerful devil fruits PLUS on of the ancient weapons would actually turn him into a serious enemy not only for the New World, but for the whole world of One Piece). Just an idea, though.
    Last edited by S-H-I-G-U-R-E; July 07, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

For what we know it could be anything. Pluton is a giant battleship, Poseidon is a mermaid with the power to control Sea Kings. What they have in common is that both are related to the sea.

Being a Devil Fruit would match the sea theme, but I would expect something more unique. Perhaps what creates Devil Fruits.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Poseidon goes underwater, Pluton goes on surface and can attact ground. Maybe Uranus is made to go and attack the skies.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

a weapon that is round and dark that shoots deadly gas--which is why punk hazard was introduced, in order to give us the idea of chemical weapons being used.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

No one ever wondered if the Maxim could be it? That thing had an unreasonable destructive power.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    No one ever wondered if the Maxim could be it? That thing had an unreasonable destructive power.
    I'd say that's very unlikely, as it's main source of power was Enel's Goro Goro no mi electric powers and the use of jet dials to keep it in the air. I'll admit that it's a wonderfully built form of transportation but it's just a more complex form of transportation that uses DF ability like Ace's Striker and Smoker's Billower Bike.

To be honest, I can't think on what Uranus could be, I wouldn't put it past Oda having dropped a few clues along the way already....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

uranus could be a fruit from the devil tree that gets bore once in every 100s of years and possesses all the powers in all fruits.
    Last edited by garabilagan; July 24, 2013 at 01:22 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think it's a sky weapon.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be some living thing. If we assume that it should be connected to sky, then it might be some sort of a dragon or a bird that is ridiculously huge and would be able to use some AoE attacks.

It might also be some sort of artificial weapon that is located on the Moon.

It might even be some sort of Titan who is born once in a century among Giants of Elbaf.

There are tons of possibilities and I hope Oda will eventually present it to us in the New World.

P.S. I hope it's not on Raftel among other things.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Heat of the Tundra's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's One Piece. It brings all the seas together and connects them into "one piece".

Which is Sanji's dream of All Blue.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    To be honest, I can't think on what Uranus could be, I wouldn't put it past Oda having dropped a few clues along the way already....
    Oda really has not given many clues about Uranus yet, I can't really think of anything either. The only clue (in my mind) is that the god Uranus represented the sky, so I also think the weapon will be associated with the sky. I do not think it will be as obvious as a flying ship or a devil fruit. It could be a powerful navigational tool. Navigation has always been associated with the; the crows nest of a ship, following the stars, compasses follow the magnetic field, tracking the weather. Pluton represents the earth, Poseidon the sea, so it would make sense for Uranus to be associated with the air.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm.. Well, I guess I have a good idea about what Uranus might be. Uranus I guess would most likely be a space weapon, precisely a satellite weapon - a satellite weapon, like the "Sun Gun" that can be used to reflect sunlight onto a concentrated point on the earth and burn an entire island. Damn, that would be terrifying.
    It could be kinda like this.

This is an image of a random satellite weapon, not particularly the Sun Gun.
    Have funn guys xD
    Last edited by NEMO; July 18, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

New Reply