Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

Alternative Title: Day Break Illusion
    Episodes: ?
    Aired: Jul 6, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Aniplex, AIC, Aniplex of America
    Genres: Magic

Opening: "träumerei" by LiSA
    Ending: "-Mirage-" by Natsumi Okamoto

Synopsis
    Since ancient times long past, this world has been ruled by two tarot cards.

Diablos Tarot—The tarot of the devil that feasts on the souls of living humans and uses that nourishment to bring countless pain and suffering.

Elemental Tarot—The tarot that draws its energy from the power of nature in order to oppose the Diablos Tarot.

Girls chosen from 22 different bloodlines become the wielders of the Elemental Tarot, plunging themselves into this secret battle. To maintain the balance of this world, while carrying unbearable guilt…

Are they executioners? Or saviors? This is the story of the long, long battle fought by girls who cannot escape the fate they bear.

(Source: ANN)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

Episode 1:

Not really what I expected but I like it so far... Girls using the power of Tarot cards to fight demonlike creatures...

Not much was explained in the first episode but it seems everybody had forgotten about the main chars "sister" after she was killed... Weird... :/

Well can't wait to see where this is going.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically a Madoka Magica rip off, but good nevertheless. The first episode was exciting, great animation, fluid action, interesting enough characters, and a good plot. Definitely worth following.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

This is really good! It has quite the dark plot I didn't expect that.

Killing people and having to shoulder the burden all alone because nobody remembers them except yourself... Quite the heavy job for such children.

Episode itself was a fine watch. I wonder who has the power of Card XXI - The World.

Just one thing... Why the hell did Akari ask a girl named Luna and Tsuki what her card is...? I mean seriously?

---------- Post added July 20, 2013 at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was July 14, 2013 at 03:31 PM ----------

Episode 3:

Another good episode.
    Akari accepted her destiny and even though she can hear their voices she is not able to "save" them yet.

I wonder what the raven and the cat are up to... Looks fishy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

very dark and twisted story so far,

i just finished episode 1 and their is a definite conflict between akari and shinzaki because of shinzakis jealousy

what is up with all those plants?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

I smell conflict... Star doesn't like how soft the Sun is... Well that was pretty obvious... Akari is a bit too good natured... You can't save everyone... :/

Still... This little boy seems to be the evil mastermind... I wonder how they will beat him.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

I watched episode 03 and 04 in a row and I don't see why she should try to save those monsters. That dad killed someone to revive his son, he must be killed, actually hearing voices of those monsters is useless, it will only make her doubt. They are like that because they did horrendous things and Akari's sister would have killed her if she was not a witch.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7:

A heartwarming episode for once. So nice to see their friendship bloom, but I also fear that at least one of them will turn into a Demonia...

I never expected Seira would be that scared of ghosts though and that picture of Akari...

---------- Post added August 24, 2013 at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was August 20, 2013 at 11:34 PM ----------

Episode 8:

It is a good thing that we got a fun episode last week... This was just dark...
    Ginka killed herself for the greater good... She was just a little girl damn it!

But what did Ginka Alter mean with combine...?

But damn... that was harsh... Ginka...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    But what did Ginka Alter mean with combine...?
    Probably it was about taking over Ginka's real body as Daemonia do to normal people. Simply put, they have no choice but to kill themselves along the way. If they lose, they will be like other people who have lost their control over their soul and their friends would have to kill them, as well.
    Ginka probably wanted to be the one who made the final move about her fate. How virtuous..

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 9:

An episode for Luna-chan. \o/
    Another case of a twisted family... They all laughed when her sister vanished... Bunch of scumbags... -.- In Akari she found someone like her sister again... That is why she was so protective and somewhat jealous...

But it got even worse... Tricking her with the appearence of Akari and finally turning her into a Daemonia (with strangely big breasts regarding her age)...

Next episode will be cruel...

---------- Post added September 08, 2013 at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was August 31, 2013 at 09:27 PM ----------

Episode 10:

Human stupidity knows no bounds... Burning a house because of witches? In this day and age? Seriously... Yes Cerebrum is a very twisted person but wanting to kill a bunch of children because of a rumour?

Anyway... Luna transformed into a Daemonia with a very interesting "Outfit"... o__O
    I really want to know what that weird tree is.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope Cerebrum wins in the end, hes way too cool and cunning and on a clear path for success. So close to getting akari even.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 12:

Cerebrum really is twisted... Trying to break the mind of a little girl...
    Ginka is back... Furthermore seeing Luna fight was quite nice.

I wonder how Akari should give birth... It doesn't look like her body is ready for something like that... <.<

Can't wait for the final episode. I hope they will explain everything...

---------- Post added September 28, 2013 at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was September 27, 2013 at 02:56 PM ----------

Final Episode:

A very nice ending for a really good show. The mental battle between Cerebrum and Akari was well done and I'm happy that she could defeat him there. In the end teamwork saved the day and they can return to their "normal" lives.
    I really hope they'll make a second season because there is a lot of stuff which wasn't explained.

All in all I rate this show with 8/10. Nice characters, good OST (especially in the last episode), good animation and a very interesting and dark story. This show was a positive surprise.

New Reply