Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 151 Discussion / 152 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 151 Discussion / 152 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    This chapter was extremely shitty. Everything that was predicted happened, and nothing about Mad Dog's back story that is revealed above ^^ is a surprise, heck everyone already guessed exactly that. SIU is speeding through the rounds, which he needs to, because quite frankly not many of these matches are the least bit interesting. Huge let down for me, good guys win, bad guys lose etc.
    Don't really know why you didn't like the chapter. Firstly, we now know that something happened to the Mad Dog to make him despise FUG itself. Is it because Viole was picked as a slayer candidate instead of him? Is it because FUG had a similar hold over him as they do now over Viole but in the Mad Dog's case they went through with their threats? We now also know that Baylord sent up 3 Dogs, 1 of whom we know and the other 2 will probably pop up later (maybe one of them is Reflejo?), which raises questions over how he was able to do that when Headon is the one who decides the regulars, more evidence that Headon has strong ties to FUG. We now know that Mad Dog has some sort of ability that makes others explode but most importantly of all it doesn't involve the use of any baangs. Finally, we now know that Chang had an encounter with him a while ago which made him avoid even fighting with him, something which he was all too willing to do with Viole even after witnessing that he could use 5 rooms. We've learnt plenty from this chapter.

The afterword was interesting, seems even the Ran and Novik fight was considered easy for Viole and the Mad Dog will be Viole's proper fight, which was to be expected I guess. Also, popular character appearing next chapter, I'm thinking the Raleader

I'd have thought the Mad Dog would be a bloodthirsty psycho but he avoided fighting anyone and even gave the guy a warning beforehand. Who knows, maybe he turns out to be some sort of anti-hero? He does want to bring down FUG after all.
    Last edited by abc1233; July 14, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Don't really know why you didn't like the chapter. Firstly, we now know that something happened to the Mad Dog to make him despise FUG itself. Is it because Viole was picked as a slayer candidate instead of him? Is it because FUG had a similar hold over him as they do now over Viole but in the Mad Dog's case they went through with their threats? We now also know that Baylord sent up 3 Dogs, 1 of whom we know and the other 2 will probably pop up later (maybe one of them is Reflejo?), which raises questions over how he was able to do that when Headon is the one who decides the regulars, more evidence that Headon has strong ties to FUG. We now know that Mad Dog has some sort of ability that makes others explode but most importantly of all it doesn't involve the use of any baangs. Finally, we now know that Chang had an encounter with him a while ago which made him avoid even fighting with him, something which he was all too willing to do with Viole even after witnessing that he could use 5 rooms. We've learnt plenty from this chapter.

The afterword was interesting, seems even the Ran and Novik fight was considered easy for Viole and the Mad Dog will be Viole's proper fight, which was to be expected I guess. Also, popular character appearing next chapter, I'm thinking the Raleader

I'd have thought the Mad Dog would be a bloodthirsty psycho but he avoided fighting anyone and even gave the guy a warning beforehand. Who knows, maybe he turns out to be some sort of anti-hero? He does want to bring down FUG after all.
    Thanks for that post. Luckily this thread is not only for complains about ToG, but we can find here comments that make the reading of the chapter more interesting and enjoyable.

I also wonder about the role of Rak. He's not participating in the Workshop tourney, but he's not a character that let himself cross his arms and just look the big action. Sure Koon has thought about a task for him to do, in his plan to beat FUG and rescue Ban.

I want to see the fight between Yeon and Quatro. But I would like Yeon wouldn't have took the perspective of 'be careful with your fire'. Anyhow, I bet Quatro is going to teach her some lesson about how to domain and control your own fire, and that would happen in this fight.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Thanks for that post. Luckily this thread is not only for complains about ToG, but we can find here comments that make the reading of the chapter more interesting and enjoyable.

I also wonder about the role of Rak. He's not participating in the Workshop tourney, but he's not a character that let himself cross his arms and just look the big action. Sure Koon has thought about a task for him to do, in his plan to beat FUG and rescue Ban.

I want to see the fight between Yeon and Quatro. But I would like Yeon wouldn't have took the perspective of 'be careful with your fire'. Anyhow, I bet Quatro is going to teach her some lesson about how to domain and control your own fire, and that would happen in this fight.
    Are we certain that he isn't participating? He did have a gun in the first round after all, don't think he'd have had that if he snuck in.

Quatro could probably teach her a thing or two, but I don't think Yeon would want to become anything like him. A fight would be pretty interesting though I doubt we'll see that next chapter.

I'm also taking a liking to Chang's character, seems his interaction with team Wangnan meant something to him. Wouldn't be surprised if he joins their team.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Quaetro (how The Company tls his name) put down his plug, so unless SIU screwed up again, he should be out.
    Where? I don't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    How do we know he's not participating in the tournament? How else did he get aboard the Archimedes?

Don't really know why you didn't like the chapter. We've learnt plenty from this chapter.
    Some people are just so preoccupied with the surface that they can't see what lies beneath.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Where? I don't see that.

How do we know he's not participating in the tournament? How else did he get aboard the Archimedes?

Some people are just so preoccupied with the surface that they can't see what lies beneath.
    In one of the panels with the two participants being thrown out of the ring, Quatro is shown dropping it but based on the shadow I'm pretty sure it's floating.

Yeah, I'm not saying that chapters should never be complained about but I honestly don't see what was so bad about this one, there are so many implications we could draw from it.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, he was not in Koon's team, but he could be in another team of by his own, I guess. That makes the plot around him more interesting. Because it's sure he's allied with Koon.

Yeah, I'm not saying that chapters should never be complained about but I honestly don't see what was so bad about this one, there are so many implications we could draw from it.
    Sure there are complains sometimes. But if you discover that you are posting every week... "I don't like the chapter... " "Boring chapter..." and things like that, then it would be better or not to post anymore or not to read the manga. But does it have sense to read for complaining all the time? Well, it's not the kind of thing I'd like to do nor to find in a thread about a story I like.
    Last edited by ukimix; July 14, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

People have the right to complain if they don't like the current chapters & they have the right to post. I don't get why mangahelpers is so narrowminded about that.

Anyway I don't dislike this kind of chapter as long as there are some comical scenes. The "yolo" comment & the overall attitude of that fire lunatic made me laugh.
    In my opinion, SIU is currently following too many characters and because he keeps jumping from one to another, the story is not progressing that much. SIU needs to remove some characters around Viole after this workshop.

For example, from the whole "Wangnam gang", only wangnam & the yeon girl are IMO interesting (and maybe prince). I don't give a fuck about goseng or miseng for example & I really think those two should be written off. Akraptor is your prototype "cool mysterious guy" who isn't that useful to the story. Everything we have to know about Horang is known. So, when the real team is formed again, aside from wangnam & the yeon girl (and again maybre prince), I don't want anyone else from that team involved in the future.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In one of the panels with the two participants being thrown out of the ring, Quatro is shown dropping it but based on the shadow I'm pretty sure it's floating.
    Unless I'm looking at something different, I'm pretty sure that's the plug of the guy on fire who is running into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    People have the right to complain if they don't like the current chapters & they have the right to post. I don't get why mangahelpers is so narrowminded about that.
    They have the right to complain and others have the right to tell them that they're being narrow-minded and are missing large parts of the story. I know complaining is your favorite pastime, but if you put a bit more effort into understanding what's going on you might be able to see the underlying information present and how it contributes to the story as a whole.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless I'm looking at something different, I'm pretty sure that's the plug of the guy on fire who is running into the water.

They have the right to complain and others have the right to tell them that they're being narrow-minded and are missing large parts of the story. I know complaining is your favorite pastime, but if you put a bit more effort into understanding what's going on you might be able to see the underlying information present and how it contributes to the story as a whole.
    Actually yeah, now that you mention it, it looks like it's the guy who is about to go into the water.

Think we should just stop with the arguing, people can complain and others can tell them why their complaints may be unwarranted, let's just discuss the chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually wasn't as deceived as Los because compared to him, I wasn't expecting much informations on Mad Dog's background.

I was pretty sure that the only informations we would get about Mad Dog were going to be the sames ones we got from SIU's blog a few weeks ago.

What i wanted to see was the faces of the best regulars and their behavior toward Mad dog and i feel satisfied because SIU really showed us how the likes of Androssi, Anak, Viole and Chang see Mad Dog.

He seems as much as mystery to us than to them and that really surprised me. This guy seems to be on a completely different level. I mean even Androssi who most of the time doesn't care about anyone felt like watching the game and was surprised.

And his eyes, damn his eyes, you could feel the hatred. His name suits his well, he's almost as scary as a pitbull.

I'm happy that Viole will finally get some competition.

I wonder who's the famous character that is going to show up next week? I get the feeling that it's going to be our dear Yuri Ha Zahard

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think fug used him, cause I dont know he seems kinda bad in a way..... I mean if he was good he wouldnt of killed that guy he would of just injured him :/ also from what I see im guessing that mad dog has been in the tower game way longer then the other E regulars due to them saying he stopped climbing.

Also Chang was willing to fight Viole cause he never fought him before and hasnt seen him go all out, he was going really easy on Quatro plus the only thing Chang saw was the 5 rooms.... I bet he was pretty confident when he first encountered mad dog too

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    In my opinion, SIU is currently following too many characters and because he keeps jumping from one to another, the story is not progressing that much. SIU needs to remove some characters around Viole after this workshop.

For example, from the whole "Wangnam gang", only wangnam & the yeon girl are IMO interesting (and maybe prince). I don't give a fuck about goseng or miseng for example & I really think those two should be written off. Akraptor is your prototype "cool mysterious guy" who isn't that useful to the story. Everything we have to know about Horang is known. So, when the real team is formed again, aside from wangnam & the yeon girl (and again maybre prince), I don't want anyone else from that team involved in the future.
    Now that you point that out, you should read the authors note after the chapter. SIU mentionned that when the pace is fast, people are complaining about it going to slow and when the pace is slow, it's the opposite.

Anyways, he said that the story should pick ups in the next few weeks and many things are going to happen so you should look forward to that.

Also as for the characters, I actually disagree. I think one of ToG's charm is the fact that SIU makes so many characters important and he really tries to showcase them and give them a meaning as well as a good background. I think it really changes from all those other popular mangas, where the story follows only 2/3 real characters and everyone gets bored of them for example: Sasuke and Naruto are really hated right now even though they're the main protagonists and so on. Having that many characters really fullfills everyone's taste, it gives that little plus to the enjoyment of the story.

Imagine not liking the few important characters of ToG, that would be lame right.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    I dont think fug used him, cause I dont know he seems kinda bad in a way..... I mean if he was good he wouldnt of killed that guy he would of just injured him :/ also from what I see im guessing that mad dog has been in the tower game way longer then the other E regulars due to them saying he stopped climbing.
    Don't forget that Mad Dog warned the guy. It's not like he rushed in, killed him and was happy about it. The guy clearly rushed on Mad Dog with the intent of killing him. I think he got what he deserved.

It's clear that FUG did something to piss him off. Control him or something. Being a dog in that pit is the same as being a slave, i guess that would explain his hate. Besides, FUG clearly did something to him because he stopped participating in tournaments but he did in this one because FUG was obviously in it too!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, i liked the chapter, SIU has improve himself with the enough time for any battle and was for the good of the next phase.

Yeon has to lose her fear to fire. Quaetro is awesome and creepy as always. Chang has a gentleman kind that we didn't knew he had. Love is in the 4th group's air. Reflejo is Baam's room, what a frightning thing. Mad Dog is such a independant guy, he don't care about Baylord or FUG but his team and SIU promised a hard battle of Viole with him.

Popular chapter next week? Start the bets, guys! I put my 45% on Quant, 45% on Rak and 10% on Laure. I win or die here

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Popular chapter next week? Start the bets, guys! I put my 45% on Quant, 45% on Rak and 10% on Laure. I win or die here
    2/3 chances of dying. SIU said that a popular character is going to come back. Laure and Rak came back since a while now and I doubt Quant is really that popular compared to the likes of Yuri, Yu Han Sung etc...

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post

Also Chang was willing to fight Viole cause he never fought him before and hasnt seen him go all out, he was going really easy on Quatro plus the only thing Chang saw was the 5 rooms.... I bet he was pretty confident when he first encountered mad dog too
    Depends what you mean by good, with the TOG universe we've already seen that it's a pretty grey area. Obviously he's not as "good" as Baam but he did give the guy he killed a warning beforehand, and for someone who was born for the sole purpose of fighting and killing I'd actually find that a bit surprising.

It's not like seeing someone use 5 rooms is something small, it was pretty much unheard of for an E regular to be capable of that, yet he still believed that he could potentially beat Viole or at least escape with his life, something which doesn't seem to be the case when he encountered the mad dog.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast