Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 151 Discussion / 152 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 151 Discussion / 152 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Depends what you mean by good, with the TOG universe we've already seen that it's a pretty grey area. Obviously he's not as "good" as Baam but he did give the guy he killed a warning beforehand, and for someone who was born for the sole purpose of fighting and killing I'd actually find that a bit surprising.

It's not like seeing someone use 5 rooms is something small, it was pretty much unheard of for an E regular to be capable of that, yet he still believed that he could potentially beat Viole or at least escape with his life, something which doesn't seem to be the case when he encountered the mad dog.
    I guess that is true there is a gray area and I guess I was comparing him too viole and nobody is as nice as viole lol.

You arent understanding what im saying maybe chang thought he could defeat mad dog too BEFORE he actually fought him. Also youre making it seem like 5 rooms is the highest viole can go and that he displayed his full potential which he didnt at all.... Chang is just basing viole off what he saw and thinking thats violes full strength

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

About the character coming back the next chapter, as much as it's unlikely my bet would go for Ureq. You correct me guys, but in another afterword note, SIU told the character coming back was really powerful. And given that we already have here Lero Lo, well...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    we now know that something happened to the Mad Dog to make him despise FUG itself. Is it because Viole was picked as a slayer candidate instead of him? Is it because FUG had a similar hold over him as they do now over Viole but in the Mad Dog's case they went through with their threats?
    We knew he was against FUG when May said if he ran into Viole one of them would die. It can't be because Viole was picked as a Slayer candidate. Mad Dog cut ties with FUG many years ago, at least this is what the translation implies.

Quote Quote:
    We now know that Mad Dog has some sort of ability that makes others explode but most importantly of all it doesn't involve the use of any baangs.
    It could just be super speed. Without a more detailed explanation over Baangs we really don't know enough, it could just be Shinsoo flow without a bang being formed/created, just raw Shinsoo reacting to his will.

Quote Quote:
    Finally, we now know that Chang had an encounter with him a while ago which made him avoid even fighting with him, something which he was all too willing to do with Viole even after witnessing that he could use 5 rooms. We've learnt plenty from this chapter.
    I will give you this one. Despite the translation being semi-convoluted it was odd to think Chang either fought him in the past and was able to walk away alive, or he saw Mad Dog slaughtering other regulars and became wary of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I want to see the fight between Yeon and Quatro. But I would like Yeon wouldn't have took the perspective of 'be careful with your fire'. Anyhow, I bet Quatro is going to teach her some lesson about how to domain and control your own fire, and that would happen in this fight.
    It's odd that Quatro wouldn't realize she was a flame user considering he was right next to her when she burned Rak a few chapters prior. It is obviously set up for her to glean something from Quatro about fire, whether it is control, technique, or proper forms we are not entirely certain but Quatro is obviously a peer she will learn from. Also, was Mangacow implying that we now know for certain that Quatro is a guy? It said "He" but I've read that gender is ambiguous in the language.

He's not participating in the Workshop tourney.
    This is not a definite. How could someone who wasn't participating be allowed to shoot two participants with light bullets in the one shot one opportunity game and send them up to Archimedes? For those saying it's because he's on the ship, being on Archimedes itself isn't enough, since there are plenty of noncompeting regulars aboard the ship.
    Last edited by LoS; July 14, 2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: post merge is dumb
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

About the character coming back the next chapter, as much as it's unlikely my bet would go for Ureq. You correct me guys, but in another afterword note, SIU told the character coming back was really powerful. And given that we already have here Lero Lo, well...
    Baylord is a possibility to appear as that powerful character.

1-It's has a review where it says that hasn't appeared since he's a Slayer.
    2-One of his "knights" has lost the determination told to stay/climb on the Tower therefore the credibility of the Dogfights leader is weak for him.
    3-Mirchea is aware of the situation of a new team to Baam (this is just guessing) and made a mission for one of his slayers (this is harder to happen but anyway) to look out their quality.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Some people are just so preoccupied with the surface that they can't see what lies beneath.
    LOL thats rich, implying that I've missed some grand concept you have grasped. No it was a very cut and dry chapter. Good guys won with very little effort, as was predicted. Mad Dog intimidated those on his platform, but it was necessary for plot that he needed a moment to display his powers; it was either this or he completely slaughtered everyone in his round.

The big reveals from the chapter were Chang having come across Mad Dog in the past, Mad Dog not climbing the tower for a while, and everyone else wondering why he was ranked #1. Many readers presumed he defeated Androssi in the E rank regular tournament a few years back, but it was contrary to our thoughts that so many of the top fighters wouldn't even know the specifics about him and his abilities, i.e Anak and such wondering what the big deal was about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Baylord is a possibility to appear as that powerful character.
    It's a popular character isn't it? This heavily implies Yuri, who is also a strong character. Top 500 ranking and said to have moved up many ranks due to having a second 13 month series weapon now, also her connection with Leroro who is present in this arc. But it could be any number of people really, i'm not sure how popular Urek is in Korea, since we've seen so many quotes about how he isn't popular with ladies in the Tower etc. I can't specifically remember the quotes about him from SIU in afterwords and such.

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    In my opinion, SIU is currently following too many characters and because he keeps jumping from one to another, the story is not progressing that much. SIU needs to remove some characters around Viole after this workshop.

For example, from the whole "Wangnam gang", only wangnam & the yeon girl are IMO interesting (and maybe prince). I don't give a fuck about goseng or miseng for example & I really think those two should be written off. Akraptor is your prototype "cool mysterious guy" who isn't that useful to the story. Everything we have to know about Horang is known. So, when the real team is formed again, aside from wangnam & the yeon girl (and again maybre prince), I don't want anyone else from that team involved in the future.
    SIU can just completely abandon team Tangsooyook for all I care. Write a decent ending from them showing them climbing the tower, or settling down somewhere, just so long as it's separate from Baam and Koon. After all, this arc is going to end on a humongous bang that will shock the tower, and send ripples throughout it. There are way too many powerful and influential characters/organizations involved.

others have the right to tell them that they're being narrow-minded and are missing large parts of the story.
    Lololol this guy again

you might be able to see the underlying information present
    Yeah, since it was such a complicated chapter...

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    He seems as much as mystery to us than to them
    Yep. That was a good twist actually that Mad Dog has those layers. Makes sense him being shrouded in mystery and shadows considering his past connections with FUG, such a mysterious organization.

I wonder who's the famous character that is going to show up next week? I get the feeling that it's going to be our dear Yuri Ha Zahard
    Same here, but doesn't it seem way too obvious to be her? You've got to wonder, what would a High Ranker, and a Princess like her be doing at an E rank tournament?

he said that the story should pick ups in the next few weeks and many things are going to happen so you should look forward to that.

Also as for the characters, I actually disagree. I think one of ToG's charm is the fact that SIU makes so many characters important and he really tries to showcase them and give them a meaning as well as a good background.
    It's bound to speed up since he said he would fly through all the preliminary rounds, and wouldn't focus on the fighting much at all. No real problem in that really.

See I don't mind all the characters, it's nice to have many different perspectives, but the plot gets stagnant when he has to bounce around between so many POV's and we don't really progress that much. Others see it differently, but I'd rather the plot move on quicker and have a few less characters in the spotlight.
    Last edited by LoS; July 14, 2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: post mergggggeeeee

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    LOL thats rich, implying that I've missed some grand concept you have grasped. No it was a very cut and dry chapter. Good guys won with very little effort, as was predicted. Mad Dog intimidated those on his platform, but it was necessary for plot that he needed a moment to display his powers; it was either this or he completely slaughtered everyone in his round.

The big reveals from the chapter were Chang having come across Mad Dog in the past, Mad Dog not climbing the tower for a while, and everyone else wondering why he was ranked #1. Many readers presumed he defeated Androssi in the E rank regular tournament a few years back, but it was contrary to our thoughts that so many of the top fighters wouldn't even know the specifics about him and his abilities, i.e Anak and such wondering what the big deal was about him.

See I don't mind all the characters, it's nice to have many different perspectives, but the plot gets stagnant when he has to bounce around between so many POV's and we don't really progress that much. Others see it differently, but I'd rather the plot move on quicker and have a few less characters in the spotlight.
    For those who do not read his fan postings, this chapter was the introduction of Slayer Baylord Yama and the existence of the secret dogfights. We learned that 3 of these dogs were sent up the Tower because Baylord wanted to make his dog's strength known. We know that Mad Dog broke his ties with FUG for some unknown reason and that he's out to kill all FUG regulars, Viole in particular, indicating that his breach with FUG was extremely harsh. We saw an insight into his character; he was completely prepared to allow all the regulars to live and didn't take action until necessary, at which point he used a very mysterious power of extreme lethality.

We learned that what happened to Miseng isn't how Verdi's pupeteering typically works. We learned that Ron Mei has little knowledge of other regulars and is placing bets randomly. We saw a development in Chang's character in letting off Goseng and Horyang. Quatro and Yihwa become acquainted with each others powers and we saw how Quatro might be an influence on Yihwa becoming more confident in her power.

This knowledge may not hold much interest to you since you're apparently one of those who demand cutting out the characters you in particular don't like and super speeding the plot, but it's all relevant to the story line that SIU is developing. These fights had to happen for the plot to progress, and there were small details that will later have some significance. Just remember, no amount of story is ever enough to those who always want more.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually hyped to see yama and viole fight now

And yeah I really hope we will get to see Yuri next week

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who do not read his fan postings, this chapter was the introduction of Slayer Baylord Yama and the existence of the secret dogfights.
    This could be a problem, having read all that he puts out, blog posts, twitter, etc I could just have too much information from him that is known before it's released in actual chapters.

Quote Quote:
    We learned that 3 of these dogs were sent up the Tower because Baylord wanted to make his dog's strength known. We know that Mad Dog broke his ties with FUG for some unknown reason and that he's out to kill all FUG regulars, Viole in particular, indicating that his breach with FUG was extremely harsh. We saw an insight into his character; he was completely prepared to allow all the regulars to live and didn't take action until necessary, at which point he used a very mysterious power of extreme lethality.
    Having sent up 3 Pitt fighters as regulars is interesting, but how much so none of us know? If they are all dead it's only interesting as to how they died.

Quote Quote:
    We learned that what happened to Miseng isn't how Verdi's pupeteering typically works.
    Personally I'm not interested in this really, also how important is this? Does it really matter? What Miseng's bit was really about was showing her naivety and desperation at trying to become stronger and be with her friends.

Quote Quote:
    We learned that Ron Mei has little knowledge of other regulars and is placing bets randomly.
    Now this doesn't matter one bit. This was just for humor.

Quote Quote:
    We saw a development in Chang's character in letting off Goseng and Horyang.
    To me this wasn't a surprise at all. They started to become cozy over this arc staying in the same lodgings. Like many think there is a good possibility they group up together in this arc, and maybe move on as a team after this arc.

Quote Quote:
    Quatro and Yihwa become acquainted with each others powers and we saw how Quatro might be an influence on Yihwa becoming more confident in her power.
    Why didn't Quatro already know she was a flame user? They were together for a few days, he saw her use flames before this fight as well. At some point Yihwa has to learn to control her flames, probably should be better at it by now anyway, but I guess providing a peer for her to learn from is whats gonna happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You know im expecting a few big twists in this next upcoming fight. I actually noticed back in ch 144 "yuto" has red hair. Also wears a mask, so im thinking it might actually be Hwarun; That girl. And if this arc is suppose to cause ripples, I dont see Baam going back to season one team yet. I expect at the end of this tournament that it will be revealed that 'Viole' is an irregular. That would cause a big enough ripple of its own. But I personally have a hard time trying to imagine the outcomes that SUI may take here. If he goes back to S1 team, then he will be hunted by FUG and potentially Zahards RED group. If he joins wingtree group he will still have FUG after him and he is too weak to defend himself, and also wingtree seems to individual based. Seems like noone would really help Baam grow anymore. So thats why im assuming he will stay with FUG, but some kind of plot advancement needs to happen AKA revealing its Baam and that he is an irregular. And considering Hwarun seems to just tell anyone and everyone 'Viole's' secret I could see her actually plotting to announce to the world just that. And what better way to do it than being on his team without him knowing. What do you guys think?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at the very least Mad Dog has piqued my interest. Wonder what his story is, and the reason for his intense hatred of FUG is? Just a breather before some intense battles come to the forefront. Can't wait.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    I'm actually hyped to see yama and viole fight nowi
    I think we all are. Just keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't get cut short, interrupted, or something else that hinders them from their 1v1 showdown. I say this because I would very much like to see it drawn, the intricacies of their techniques, styles, etc is more alluring to me more so than to see Baam finally go full power, something which he hasn't done yet in this second season based on SIU's afterword.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    I guess that is true there is a gray area and I guess I was comparing him too viole and nobody is as nice as viole lol.

You arent understanding what im saying maybe chang thought he could defeat mad dog too BEFORE he actually fought him. Also youre making it seem like 5 rooms is the highest viole can go and that he displayed his full potential which he didnt at all.... Chang is just basing viole off what he saw and thinking thats violes full strength
    Even if he did think that he could beat the Mad Dog before fighting him, he must have shown something which was far more fearful than an E regular who could use 5 rooms and who defeated one of the strongest E regular wave controllers with ease. I'm not saying that 5 rooms is the highest he can go at all, I'm saying that 5 rooms is higher than what the most talented E rank wave controllers were thought to be capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    We knew he was against FUG when May said if he ran into Viole one of them would die. It can't be because Viole was picked as a Slayer candidate. Mad Dog cut ties with FUG many years ago, at least this is what the translation implies.

It could just be super speed. Without a more detailed explanation over Baangs we really don't know enough, it could just be Shinsoo flow without a bang being formed/created, just raw Shinsoo reacting to his will.

I will give you this one. Despite the translation being semi-convoluted it was odd to think Chang either fought him in the past and was able to walk away alive, or he saw Mad Dog slaughtering other regulars and became wary of him.
    We didn't know that he was against FUG. He could have simply been a bloodthirsty psycho who wanted to fight the very strongest. He could have been in support of FUG and have been given orders to kill Viole as a test for Viole. Or he could have had something against FUG, but even then he could have had a hatred towards FUG from the very beginning, which wasn't the case. It's not like there has only ever been one possibility since Ron Mei's speech. Also, I believe Baam was chosen as a slayer candidate 7 years ago, that would be a fair bit of time, but without having any sort of ballpark figure then we can't really use that translation as an argument against him hating FUG for not choosing him as a slayer candidate.

So are you suggesting that he is an irregular? We know that he was born in the tower, so unless if irregulars can open the door from the inside then I doubt it and I doubt even he would last very long if RED decided to capture him after finding out or even the people in charge of the workshop. I also doubt that it was super speed. If it was then it would be on a completely different level to anything we've seen so far, even from the rankers, and Viole wouldn't really have much of a chance against him which would go against Ron Mei's words.

As for the whole discussion on SIU using multiple characters and such, I think it would be better to continue that in the hangout thread.
    Last edited by abc1233; July 15, 2013 at 05:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm am i the only one who thinks that Mad dog might have the ability to transfer force applied on him to someone/something else [kinda like Sebastian Shaw] . I mean the head exploding guy seemed to have been hit by his own attack [assuming he could follow through with it] .

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: abc1233
    Moved a few posts about SIU's use of characters to the Hangout thread since it was off-topic here, feel free to continue discussions there

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Uhm am i the only one who thinks that Mad dog might have the ability to transfer force applied on him to someone/something else [kinda like Sebastian Shaw] . I mean the head exploding guy seemed to have been hit by his own attack [assuming he could follow through with it] .
    Possibly, but then the exploding guy must have been pretty damn strong to be able to take someone's head clean off. Could have transferred the force and amplified it?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Baam dislike FUG? Because if yes, then that would be a thing in common with Mad Dog. I wonder if they would have the time to exchange their feelings about it. Watching in this way, workshop main fight between people who dislike FUG vs FUG.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast