Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Looking to colaborate with a talented mangaka for a One-Shot Manga titled The Place Beyond Our Song

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking to colaborate with a talented mangaka for a One-Shot Manga titled The Place Beyond Our Song

I am looking for an artist who can bring my story to life. I have firm belief that if my story ever came to fruition, it would be widely popular. Only issue is, I have no artistic talent, and writing my story in book form kinda detracts from the overall appeal. I am a very visual person, so most of my story is in scenes playing out in my head, and it honesty has me pretty depressed that I haven't been able to display or create these scenes on my own. Having no artistic talent just might be the most obnoxious thing in the world for me.

This would be unpaid work, with the general hope to one day have it published or turned into a web comic.

The Place Beyond Our Song: General Themes: Fantasy, Super power, action, love story, drama, slice of life, independence, sense of responsibility.

Background: The setting for TPBOS takes place in both the Human world, and the "other" world, which i've dubbed Yggdrasil. This other world is responsible for keeping our world alive; it is the life force behind all living things. There are beings that inhabit this world that control supernatural powers such as lightning, fire, and water, similar to Avatar, but less martial arts, and more raw power and natural talent. These beings are just like humans in body and mind, but are split into three clans. The La'Tempête Clan (Storm), the Vulkan Clan (Volcano), and the Xuánwō Clan (Maelstrom). Each clan has power over their respective elements, each with unique properties and traits, as well as life style's. Each clan has a royal family, in which the head of each family is a part of the Triumvirate, a group of individuals who govern over Yggdrasil and defend both it and the human world from the Corruption. Next to no knowledge is known about the corruption; it simply seeks to destroy and control all life. The clans fight this corruption using the powers they possess. Each member of this society has a partner. These partners were decided upon birth, and were chosen by Yggdrasil itself. When you come of age, your power is unlocked, and you can find your partner by seeking out the song of their heart. You can only hear the soul song of your partner, and are destined to be with them. It get's more in depth but i'll spare you the details for someone who is interested.

Main Characters:
    Rei "Zaps" La'Tempête:
    Height: 5'6"
    Hair: Brown, with blonde highlights
    Eyes: Green
    Race: Yggdrasilian
    -Daughter and sole heir to the La'Tempête clan, and as such has had her whole life planned out before hand. She, for some reason, has been unable to find her partner, and is seen as a complete disappointment by her controlling father, the head of the La'Tempête clan and member of the Triumvirate. Independent, yet temperamental because she has no say in her own life.

Spoiler show

Silas Holway:
    Height: 5'10"
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Hazel
    Race: Human
    -Average young adult who is very bright, but school was never his thing. College-dropout who doesn't know what to do with his time. Very laid back and easygoing, and always considered friendly. Waiting for something to give him a purpose and drive to live. Works out in his spare time, so hes athletic and toned. Lives alone, Mother and father passed away due to an unknown illness(or accident, haven't decided yet yet) and inherited their money, living off of that. Has a few friends but nothing tieing him down. Drives a motorcycle as a cry out for adventure and excitement in his average life.

Spoiler show

So that's the general outline to my story. I have many more characters already planned out, and general plots for 2 arcs. I have zero problem considering any and all artists my partner in this project, and as such have no problems with them voicing their ideas and suggestions for the story. I would much rather have an artist(s) that would love to add to the story, and create it as much their own as it is mine.

So if you have any questions, or suggestions, or comments, by all means leave me a post here, pm me, or email me. I'd be glad to toss ideas back and forth and have no problems with using other means of communication. I look forward to being a part of this community!

Here are two Character-Profiles for both Silas and Rei. I am also working on the script for the Prelude, chapter 0, intro, whatever you want to call it. Ill post an update once i finish it.

http://www.speedyshare.com/rAWFz/Rei...er-Profile.doc

http://www.speedyshare.com/3Kwpu/Sil...er-Profile.doc

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Here is the Script for the Prelude. I made this to give some more insight into the world they are from, and the main issue driving the story. Figured it was a good way to get some of the information into the story without over complicating it. This is a conversation between Rei's parents describing why the series starts with her in the Human world, and her situation. Let me know what you think!

Chapter 0: Prelude

Spoiler show
    Last edited by BullFrogSlam; September 09, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to colaborate with a talented mangaka for a One-Shot Manga titled The Place Beyond Our Song

looks interesting how may I help?

Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to colaborate with a talented mangaka for a One-Shot Manga titled The Place Beyond Our Song

really interesting plot and characters love the names good job.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the compliment! I really do love this story. I'm in the process of doing in depth character profiles for the main characters, so if anyone has an interest in drawing up some sketches for any of them, let me know! My email didn't tell me anyone had responded to this post so I missed you both until I checked up on it today, so sorry for the late response.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

can you give me m0re detailed descripti0n of the characters?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I updated the main post with much more in depth character descriptions, as well as the script for Chapter 0! Please see to those for any more information you need!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read your script days ago, and wanted to suggest some things regarding your script.
    First I really do like your story concept regarding on how they will find their true love. I interest me and I'm looking forward to read your acript that day...but then I usually observe that whenever someone interest me about their story plot when it comes to exsecution of story somehow it bores me(sorry )...well that was just my observation. I know your story has a lot of potential though you need to work more on writting the script it self...I wouldl like to suggest that do not use a normal begining...I wish I can explain very well but I don't have time now maybe I can do it after can you email the story in my email? if you don't mind I really want to help in somehow here's my email liannenisimon@gmail.com

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I understand what you are trying to say. I appreciate the feedback! I am trying really hard to come up with a believable and unique story. I'm not pretending to know anything about japanese culture by giving all my characters japanese names, orr making everything as cliche as a lot of stories these days happen to be. And I have so many unique ideas to implement into the story. It's just really disheartening to try and push ahead without a friend and artist to throw in their two cents, and make all these pictures and ideas in my head come to reality.

I think I understand what you mean about not having a normal beginning. I already have it planned out that the prelude will give you some insight into the supernatural world most of the story is going to take place in. And in the first two chapters show how the main characters meet each from their own perspective, leading up to Silas getting involved with Rei's world due to her conflict with her father and Silas showing up in the crossfire.

Again thank you for the input! And if there is anyone else interested, please let me know! I am still readily searching for any artists who truly want to aid in this story. Whether you stay or not is of course up to you, but I hope that once you find out more of the story and where the plot takes it, you will fall in love with it just as I have.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking to be your artist thats why I want to see m0re of your story.

New Reply