Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Yama's fire is actually reiatsu, it just looked like fire...

    Going back to the point that Ichigo's Zangetsu's will never be fire based since fire is not the protagonist's element.... since the beginning it wasn't even hyped.. And it wouldn't make sense for KUBO to give Yama's robe to Ichigo when Ichigo can be so much better (better means being the main character)... So the argument that it will be fire based is just so out of line, it shouldn't even be invoked in conversations...

    Gonna say this again thought, Isshin's Zan is not fire based!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #17
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    My point was not on the flames merely appearing as fire, my point was that the whole thing were ultimately reiatsu based attacks and as such they could be resisted with reiatsu. Overall its not like we have not seen people fighting back against temperature and whatnot with reiatsu. If such a thing was impossible to begin with then fighting yamamoto as a whole would be impossible. Just yamamoto's shikai is already enough to set the immediate area ablaze and burn everything. Just his shikai should be hundreds of degrees hot. And yet we have seen people being close to his shikai and not be burned alive on the spot. I would argue that shunsui and ukitake surviving the fight against him and hisagi not dying when driscol was burned alive is because they were able to resist being nearby thanks to their reiatsu.
    Being able to resist at Shikai level is different than his Bankai though. There's a reason a Shinigami hasn't been born stronger than Yama in a thousand years, and it's because of his Bankai. So frankly I think in direct confrontation, yes it is impossible for even the strongest of beings to fight Yama. He is that strong.

    I mean think about, he essentially has the ultimate melee weapon in his sword, he can't be touched due to his defense, he can fire a heat wave and can raise an army of the dead. He even defeated Juha Bach 1000 years ago with a power not even close to what he had now.

    Look at how people have fought him. Aizen sealed his powers and Juha Bach stole them. There is no direct way to fight someone like him, and I assume the only beings currently in existence that would even be given a shot would be Ichigo (hence my theory) and MAYBE Kenpachi now that his full power has been released.

    ---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Yama's fire is actually reiatsu, it just looked like fire...

    Going back to the point that Ichigo's Zangetsu's will never be fire based since fire is not the protagonist's element.... since the beginning it wasn't even hyped.. And it wouldn't make sense for KUBO to give Yama's robe to Ichigo when Ichigo can be so much better (better means being the main character)... So the argument that it will be fire based is just so out of line, it shouldn't even be invoked in conversations...

    Gonna say this again thought, Isshin's Zan is not fire based!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You say that Ichigo can be so much better, by what means? Having a ton of Reiatsu? What makes him different than Kenpachi then? His hybrid status has always been about power, nothing about it was "special" other than that. Unless he's going to be given Quincy like abilities I don't see what's wrong with him unlocked his true potential as a Shinigami by using Fire.

    As for it him not having a fire based Zan because it wasn't hyped...you do realize his entire character has gotten an overhaul now essentially? Not even his powers but his attitude and what he wants. Not to mention he being a Quincy was barely alluded to at all and yet here we are.

    And please explain how Isshin's Zan isn't fire based. It's release is "Burn" and there's literally flames coming off the blade and he has a flame attack or so it seemed.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  3. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Getsuga tenshou is not a Sun attack, it is a moon attack...!

    Ichigo did things that the Old man Yama couldn't do and that is defeating Aizen... ^__^
    And we all know eventually that Ichigo will surpass Yama by defeating Juha who the old man can't defeat even with his Bankai. But still the point is that Ichigo's Bankai will not be fire based, my theory is that it will be the normal Zangetsu but just more melee oriented and blood bath oriented now that he has two! More gore!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #19
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Getsuga tenshou is not a Sun attack, it is a moon attack...!

    Ichigo did things that the Old man Yama couldn't do and that is defeating Aizen... ^__^
    And we all know eventually that Ichigo will surpass Yama by defeating Juha who the old man can't defeat even with his Bankai. But still the point is that Ichigo's Bankai will not be fire based, my theory is that it will be the normal Zangetsu but just more melee oriented and blood bath oriented now that he has two! More gore!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's a moon attack in what way? It's a giant blast of Reiatsu, there is nothing "Moon" about it.

    Yama didn't defeat Aizen because his powers were sealed. Were you even paying attention to that fight? Aizen made sure not to let him use his Zan because if he did he would have lost, he even admitted as much. That's the whole reason he created Wonderweiss, so he could take Yama out of the equation.

    And Christ man did you pay attention the Juha fight? He STOLE HIS BANKAI. Yama was defenseless because when you wield his Bankai you become invincible. He was fighting his own Bankai with virtually nothing.

    And Ichigo was never about "blood baths", leave that to Kenpachi.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  5. #20
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    i pray to god that he can fire ceros like he shot from his horns in the hollow mode when he fought ulqueroia

    that would be epic

  6. #21
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    It's a moon attack in what way? It's a giant blast of Reiatsu, there is nothing "Moon" about it.

    Yama didn't defeat Aizen because his powers were sealed. Were you even paying attention to that fight? Aizen made sure not to let him use his Zan because if he did he would have lost, he even admitted as much. That's the whole reason he created Wonderweiss, so he could take Yama out of the equation.

    And Christ man did you pay attention the Juha fight? He STOLE HIS BANKAI. Yama was defenseless because when you wield his Bankai you become invincible. He was fighting his own Bankai with virtually nothing.

    And Ichigo was never about "blood baths", leave that to Kenpachi.
    Yama can't defeat Aizen nor Juha.. I know he only had one arm when he fought juha bach, (Side note: if he had two arms he could've used kendo and defeated Juha) but still He lost.. lost...

    And if we leave the blood bath to kenpachi, what will Ichigo go do? Be like Naruto with the talk no justu? Do you think ichigo will burn everyone? cause you believe that his zan is fire based? LOL.. I really like you.. no sarcasm, but please do message me again when Ichigo's zan releases some ember, just an ember would be enough to make me believe you..

    Btw, Getsuga Tenshou means moon fan slash or something like that.. Hence i said it is a moon attack. I mentioned it to prove the point that it is not fire based.. ^__^

  7. #22
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Yama can't defeat Aizen nor Juha.. I know he only had one arm when he fought juha bach, (Side note: if he had two arms he could've used kendo and defeated Juha) but still He lost.. lost...
    He also didn't have a his Bankai, he wasn't fighting him at full power. I'm sure what's so hard to figure out about that. All of the Shinigami that lost fights did so because they couldn't use their full abilities out of fear they would be stolen or because they actually had been. Again I ask, did you even read that part of the manga?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Btw, Getsuga Tenshou means moon fan slash or something like that.. Hence i said it is a moon attack. I mentioned it to prove the point that it is not fire based.. ^__^
    I know what it means, but ti's attacks having nothing to do with the Moon. The Moon barely has any characteristics, it's a giant rock.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  8. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    He also didn't have a his Bankai, he wasn't fighting him at full power. I'm sure what's so hard to figure out about that. All of the Shinigami that lost fights did so because they couldn't use their full abilities out of fear they would be stolen or because they actually had been. Again I ask, did you even read that part of the manga?


    I know what it means, but ti's attacks having nothing to do with the Moon. The Moon barely has any characteristics, it's a giant rock.
    Which means they are weaker since their bankai got stolen.. Do you remember what Juha said that only I can seal your bankai since it also depends on how strong you are to be able to seal a bankai.. you reread it also if you want seems you almost memorized it by asking me to read it...

    I told you before i just mentioned it to prove that there will be no fire coming out of Getsuga since it's likened unto the moon or named after that or probably to prove to us that like the moon, there won't be fire there... ....

  9. #24
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Which means they are weaker since their bankai got stolen.. Do you remember what Juha said that only I can seal your bankai since it also depends on how strong you are to be able to seal a bankai.. you reread it also if you want seems you almost memorized it by asking me to read it...

    I told you before i just mentioned it to prove that there will be no fire coming out of Getsuga since it's likened unto the moon or named after that or probably to prove to us that like the moon, there won't be fire there... ....
    The fact that he had to steal Yama's power kind of means he could not beat Yama if Yama had his own Bankai. Every Quincy had the Medallion that allowed them to Steal Banakai's, it's not like that was Juha Bach's power, it was a tool they all used.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  10. #25
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantinopolis
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    i would have no problems with black flames but i cant think ichigo with fire-related powers
    and we cant base anything on the similarity of ichigos and isshins bankais because ichigo's getsuga is clearly closer to juha bach's power and comes from his quincy blood ,not the shinigami

  11. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Let put this thought in to your heads for those who assume Ichigo has a fire based Zan. In a total eclipse the moon blocks the sun at which point creates a ring or outline around a black circle. While i know eclipses has nothing to do with Ichigo persay but think about the colour of his reishi its black and red.

    Also wasn't Isshin's GT that he fire in the anime blue and white? not fire coloured at all
    Spoiler show

  12. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Going back the anime isn't all that accurate, since Kubo has always colored Ichigo's bankai Getsuga completely black, with no red outline. That would be an invention of the anime.

  13. #28
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Let put this thought in to your heads for those who assume Ichigo has a fire based Zan. In a total eclipse the moon blocks the sun at which point creates a ring or outline around a black circle. While i know eclipses has nothing to do with Ichigo persay but think about the colour of his reishi its black and red.

    Also wasn't Isshin's GT that he fire in the anime blue and white? not fire coloured at all
    I would think the anime guys were as much in the dark as we were. It can happen.... Just look in OP how they colored WB's commanders originally and how they actually were. Manga artists are usually not that involved in anime. Actually the most manga artists have 0 involvement in the anime, its only exceptions where you see them actively there. Anime is a secondary source at best.

  14. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    OKay..Just to settle this issue.. Based on the facts you can intrepret..

    WILL ICHIGO'S ZANPAKUTOU BE FIRE BASED OR NOT?

    don't answer what you want to be right, but what you think is right.. based on the facts that you know and have interpreted....?? How does that sound???

  15. #30
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

    I think it'd be fire based. At least his Shirosaki Zanpakuto.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts