Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's New Zanpakutō

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Isshin's Zan is not the same as Ichigo's but they share similarities. Isshin's release is literally Burn, how is his Zan not Fire based? His Shikai literally is burning and it even has a fire based attack. I don't think there's any doubt that Isshin's Zan is fire based.

Now Ichigo's obviously there is doubt because he hasn't used it yet.

But there is something interesting about Isshin and Ichigo. Because despite their Zan's being different yet similar, they both are able to use Mugestu, the final Getsuga. And again, Mugetsu is basically a black flame. Why would the final technique in their similar Zan's be fire based if their actual Zan's aren't fire based?

The Shiba clan all seem to have Zan's that have something to do with the Heavens, whether it be the name of their actual Zan, or the words needed for release. But it also seems to be that they are all elemental as well. Kaien's release was "Surge, Water(s) and Sky/Heaven" making a reference to Heavens, but his Shikai used water attacks.

Now, it could be very possible that Ichigo's Zan is another element, but again that would conflict with Mugetsu being on fire would it not? Mugetsu seems to be something specific to Isshin's bloodline within the Shiba clan. We could understand more about bloodlines and how family memebers Zan's work but there isn't enough information to really go on about blood relatives from specific clans in this manga.
    Isnt it possible that ichigo did not actually use the final getsuga tenshou.
    he used the quincy shadow " mugetsu."

sure it was an attack with similar power draining effects, but remember, OMzangetsu said himself that ichigo had been using his power and the portion of zangetsus power that he was unable to supress.

If anything, I think the argument could be made that he used a quincy equivalent of the Final getsuga tenshou. a form that the merged tensa zangetsu was able to provide was quincy in nature. it used all ichigos zanpaktou power to enhance the quincy shadow technique mugetsu.

end result, loss of power.

but was it really the final getsuga tenshou? I think not. I think it could be a troll from kubo.

otherwise it might have had a different name, like Mugetsu tenshou... that would have implied that the attack was a getsuga tenshou,
    but it was only mugetsu--- getsu..(ga tenshou)--- lets suppose that a good portion of the final getsuga was still sealed off and not accessible.

also, how could he use his final getsuga, the ultimate technique without even having access to the true form of his zanpaktou?
    I think he thought he did,,, as we readers have, but ultimately another troll.

thats my opinion.
    Last edited by DarkBankai; July 10, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

zangetsu was not fire based

not sure why anyone thinks it was

who knows about the new one

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's zanpakuto, in my opinion, will be similar to shunsui's zanpakuto but instead it will be the opposite of shadows, and therefore I believe he will be able to manipulate light. Or he will have light/shadow abilities--which will be cool for the moon theme since moon's can create moonlight and darkness.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is about Ichigo's new zanpakutō, I moved the posts about Yamamoto vs Aizen to Aizen Sōsuke Discussion Thread. Please continue the discussion in that thread.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Ichigo's zanpakuto, in my opinion, will be similar to shunsui's zanpakuto but instead it will be the opposite of shadows, and therefore I believe he will be able to manipulate light. Or he will have light/shadow abilities--which will be cool for the moon theme since moon's can create moonlight and darkness.
    I don't think that can actually be the case at all. Overall ichigo's asauchi took from 2 sides of ichigo's soul, one shinigami/hollow and one quincy (and perhaps presumably human). Ichigo has two blades because each blade represents a distinct side and power from ichigo's soul. Shunsui is presumably pure shinigami, each blade he has represents purely shinigami powers. It does seem like ichigo ended up fusing both blades in the end so he likely will have just one blade next time we see him. It would be interesting if he could fuse and unfuse the blades to adapt to different circumstances. Of course the blade's natural form should always be the fused version considering that all of ichigo's powers are technically one. Of course that only works under the assumption that ichigo can indeed fuse the blades. He should be able to considering both zangetsus are and will always be one.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner XGaminFreakX's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Ichigo New Zan may have the power of darkness/light kinda dsame like when he used mugetsu (Moonless Sky ) in other words Darkness
    this would be very cool not only i think it suits ichigo well but it also fit perfectly for ichigo Zanpaktou name It would Represent 2 Half`s of the
    Moon, Light and the dark side of the moon. Well i think that what his power might be i mean that Darkness Reaitsu appears every where and in techniques to Black Getsuga, Mugetsu ,also around him when he did mugetsu and he got fullbring and when he use his hollow mask pre Full bring
    Blah i know long post probably i have no idea what im typing been awake for 36hrs but who care we`re talking about bleach ...>.< why i am talking about my self ..

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's next upgrade to his Zanpakuto should be called 'Bleach', then the name of the manga will finally make sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Ichigo's next upgrade to his Zanpakuto should be called 'Bleach', then the name of the manga will finally make sense.
    Bleach is just an analogy for whiping that Zanpakuto clean and starting over in the next arc
    Meh

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    zangetsu was not fire based

not sure why anyone thinks it was

who knows about the new one
    It wasn't, noone ever doubted that. Hell, Ichigo didn't have a Zanpakuto so far. O.o Did I miss someone saying old sword was fire-based?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about what Shunsui said about Ichigo's power potentially being too devastating for him to be allowed in the World of the Living. My guess is that that actually will happen, whether now or as he inevitably gets stronger over the coming conflicts, but it'll be countered by his Quincy power. Like when Quilge went Vollstandig and Orihime commented that she couldn't sense his reiatsu because he was drawing it in and controlling it with precision rather than throwing it around like other types of powerful souls. So maybe Ichigo will be banned from the WotL for a while, which will give other characters their chance to shine.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3