Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 1 (Soifon, Tessai Tsukabishi, Riruka Dokugamine)

22 78.57%
  • Team 4 (Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi, Shūkurō Tsukishima, Momo Hinamori)

6 21.43%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Team 1 vs Team 4

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Team 1 vs Team 4

Quote Originally Posted by xXAshisogiJizoXx View Post
    You are not offering a reason as to why acquiring familiarity cannot do what I said, you can make that statement over and over, it is not an explanation, it is an assumption. It's not about intricate methods, it is about a better sense of timing, which is a functional increase in speed, but not an innate one.
    Sense of timing for what, then? Byakuya was still looking in his direction yet Tsuki got past him, whereas prior he was unable to. He moved faster than Byakuya could follow. Obviously you're entitled to deny for eternity, however denial doesn't make something implausible. So with that said, how about offering up how knowledge enables Tsuki to move faster than Byakuya can follow whereas prior to that he couldn't?

The explanation vs assumption thing doesn't mean much here, considering it's Bleach. If it's not told to us, all we can do is assume.
    Quote Quote:
    was referring to how he never pointed it out to himself, and he didn't point it out first, Tsukishima was leading him.
    He also didn't point out that Tsuki knew about his no-damage zone before Tsuki himself said it (If he did it at all), doesn't at all make it less true that Tsuki knew about it. This is an arbitrary condition you're trying to apply here, I see no reason to allow it

Quote Quote:
    Once again, you keep saying "Tsuki was physically lacking before hand", but your grounds for that are weak.
    No they aren't, you're just not accepting them. I've given ample evidence to establish my position that fiits with what we know, if you see it differently or refuse to see it that way it doesn't make it a weak argument, because it's supported. Whether you accept it or not has no bearing

Quote Quote:
    If Zaraki and Aizen are reasonable examples to you that apply to anyone else but them and Ichigo/possibly Yama, then perhaps no point arguing this anymore....
    They explained a concept, Kenpachi nor Aizen specified themselves alone, they spoke of spiritual beings/powers (Depending on translation) or Shinigami period. No reason at all to think this concept applies only to them

Quote Quote:
    IMO, you are overblowing panels that have tiny little scratches relative to Bleach's norm as having significance when they were acquired OFF PANEL. For example, if Tsukishima increased speed, why couldn't he dodge the SZ carrying punch that Byakuya beat him with? Is that where familiarity comes in (or a lack thereof) out of convenience sake for your argument? If it was raw speed, why not just dodge it? Raw speed very strongly implies high reflexes. Yet the moments something unfamiliar was thrown his way, he was forced to retreat far the first time, and defeated the second.
    Because it took him by surprise? That can still happen no matter who you are, you know, especially if you're doing what Tsuki did, which was relying on what Byakuya wouldn't do and getting dangerously close to him. Byakuya released SBZ at point blank and it blasted through his gut. Given that neither Byakuya not Tsuki were able to dodge SBZ at close range when it entered his no-damage zone, a lack of dodging there doesn't at all mean Tsuki's speed never increased

As for the bolded. There a reason you're implying I omitted familiarity from my argument when I didn't?

Anyway, where's the response to the rest of my post? It was not only relevant to the argument but also to the topic itself:

Spoiler show

Does the lack of response indicate you agree or that you think my points are so terrible it's not worthy of a response? Lol
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; July 10, 2013 at 02:37 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    The explanation vs assumption thing doesn't mean much here, considering it's Bleach. If it's not told to us, all we can do is assume.

Does the lack of response indicate you agree or that you think my points are so terrible it's not worthy of a response? Lol
    Nonono, latter is rude to do intentionally; was just busy with studies, and for the former, IMO we are prioritizing things differently.
    The "pointing out" argument was weak on my part, so will concede there and I do agree with that first line in the quote.

Wouldn't be upsetting if Team 4 wins, I don't want to sound like I think Tsuki is weak/not super dangerous, and IMO he definitely won't be speed blitzed by Soifon even without hitting her with BoTE, so I agree with you on that. I don't believe I said otherwise, but brain is too crammed right now.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all good, brethren

In the end I do admit that the panel doesn't make it obvious that Tsuki flat out became more powerful, so your points aren't lost here.

As for who I think wins, I'll say that how well Tsuki's BoTE allows him to combat either Tessai or Soi Fon will be the crutch here. I still lean toward Team 4, but I'm probably less confident in that vote now

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 1 would be my bet. Tsukishima is dangerous, but Soi makes it a point to be an assassin and be untouched. Shes key in this fight imo. Not seen enough of Rose to make a case for him. I hope that changes soon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Team 1 would be my bet. Tsukishima is dangerous, but Soi makes it a point to be an assassin and be untouched. Shes key in this fight imo. Not seen enough of Rose to make a case for him. I hope that changes soon.
    Tsukishima was keeping up with Byakuya - now if that was thanks to his ability or his natural skill I'm not sure, but he still managed it. Byakuya is definitely fast - he was trained by Yoruichi, after all - and so Tsukishima can match that speed. He won't be instantly OHKO'd by Soifon like a sitting duck...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Tsukishima was keeping up with Byakuya - now if that was thanks to his ability or his natural skill I'm not sure, but he still managed it. Byakuya is definitely fast - he was trained by Yoruichi, after all - and so Tsukishima can match that speed. He won't be instantly OHKO'd by Soifon like a sitting duck...
    I don't remember Byakuya being trained by Yoruichi, just being teased by her and wanting to surpass her. Kind of like Soifon wanted to do after she left. I think Team 1 will win. Tsukishima actually backed off when Riruka took out her Love gun and threatened to use it, when he attacked Chad before restoring the Fullbringer's memories. Not sure if that was b/c he was afraid of it or b/c he had enough screwing around, so I'll guess a little of both. Her ability is a powerful one too and should be able to took out Momo out least(it worked on Rukia, who's probably stronger). I don't think Soifon has an exploitable weak point in her zanpakuto(at least in Shikai, which should be enough for Tsukishima). Since she's an assassin, Tsukishima won't be able to dissuade her by making himself a friend.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Team 1 (Soifon, Tessai Tsukabishi, Riruka Dokugamine) : 22
    Team 4 (Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi, Shūkurō Tsukishima, Momo Hinamori) : 6

Team 1 advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2