Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The single reason why Yamamoto had to die.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The single reason why Yamamoto had to die.

First I'd like to take us back to Yamamoto's fight against Juha Bach. Fans view it from two perspectives. It was either epic but sad, or sad but epic. Either way the fact that those were some darn good chapters is not up for debate. But up until recently I always hated Kubo a little for killing one of his most badass characters. Even though it was well done It felt a bit like we were left hanging.

Now fast-forward to chapter 531. During the flashback chapters a key piece of information regarding Ishin was revealed. He carried a fire-based Zanpakuto. After this tidbit of info I couldn't help but wonder what type zanpakuto ichigo had.

Jump ahead to after chapter 541 of bleach. It was heavily implied that Ichigo's Zanpakuto would be fire-based.

Yamamto was the best. He's always been the best, and he died the best. He also had the strongest fire-based Zanpakuto. He was awesome.

Now Ichigo has a fire-based Zanpakuto. he's the main character. I think that Kubo knew he'd take bleach in this direction many volumes ago. Imagine if Yamamoto was still alive. Kubo would have to make a tough decision to make ichigo's zanpakuto the strongest fire-based sword and risk Yamamoto being second best. That's not badass at all. His raw epicaucity would suffer a fatal blow. For that reason alone I think Yamamoto had to die. We cant have him be the second strongest fire zanpakuto wielder. It was crucial that he retire at the top. To this day we remember how awesome he was. And he was pretty awesome.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The single reason why Yamamoto had to die.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Stop this thread son..... please...
    Why stop?

I was really glad that Kubo finally gave old man Yama some good development at the end. I would have loved to see more of the early days with him, Unohana, Kyouraku and Ukitake!

I agree that his exit was storyline dictated. We only got to see his bankai shown once, and it was kind of wasted on that nothing SR guy. Still, he is one of my favorite characters in anime. He was 'old guard' and sometimes I didn't agree with his decisions. But much of what I disagreed with, Yamamoto didn't really like doing either. He was sometimes forced by rule or custom to act a certain way, as happens to people in leadership roles. But when Ichigo lost his powers, it was a matter of honor and a show of gratitude that the old man led the way in ordering the captains and vice captains to lend their spirit energy to the sword Urahara prepared.

RIP Old Man Yama! You will be missed.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

well cause i think he is basing this thread from a hypothesis that is based on a hypothesis from a pseudo hypothesis.. what would that be? Ichigo's zanpakutou is not fire based to beigin with, and why would that be the reason why Yama would die...???

so it's like punching the moon here.. nothing can be gained.... nuff said

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's zanpakutou is not fire based to beigin with, and why would that be the reason why Yama would die...???
    Ichigo's Zanpakuto was barely a Zanpakuto to being with. It was a combination of a Hollow's Spirit with a Quincy's Spirit and forged to be similar to his father's Zan. He now has his own Zanpakuto, and if it still holds similar traits to his father's, I don't see why it can't be fire based. Is it that you just don't like the possibility?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Now there are two threads discussing this basis of Ichigo's Zanpakutou and both are wrong in saying it will be fire based, regardless of it being likened on to his father's zan. Even if you count the source of those two zangetsus , fire will never be among them, since Juha is a quincy, we can think of light and arrows while the other one is a hollow type which can be cero.. Where will the fire come from?? just because his father's release is "Burn"..? ?That's it?? that's your point in willing the fire theory into existence?

I never say this, but this thread is so misguided I almost passed out finding my way through it...

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Now there are two threads discussing this basis of Ichigo's Zanpakutou and both are wrong in saying it will be fire based, regardless of it being likened on to his father's zan. Even if you count the source of those two zangetsus , fire will never be among them, since Juha is a quincy, we can think of light and arrows while the other one is a hollow type which can be cero.. Where will the fire come from?? just because his father's release is "Burn"..? ?That's it?? that's your point in willing the fire theory into existence?

I never say this, but this thread is so misguided I almost passed out finding my way through it...
    Well that fact there is heat coming off his blade might give you some reason to believe it's fire based.

And then there is this swirl attack which looks an awful lot like fire, don't you think?

And finally, yes his release is Burn. Please find me a Shinigami who's release doesn't match or allude to the powers that their Shikai has. I'll wait while you try and did that up.

As for his "new" powers, his Quincy and Hollow portion influenced his Zan before, and yet it most resembled his fathers techniques, not theirs.

It's not like he can't have all 3 either. Shunsui's Shikai uses Wind attack, but it also has other special abilities. It's entirely possible Ichigo's new Shikai can use Fire and then have other special abilities. Shit, maybe he can shoot arrows made of fire, ya never know.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Fire based means entirely different from shooting arrow that might look like fire..

How do you forge a sword? by freezing it alone? No, by melting it with fire thus they need water to cool it down. For all we know this is just his reiatsu overflowing from his Zan..LOL

Kubo draws that kind of swirl all the time.. Can't be a basis for a conclusion about his Zan.. Fire is not the only thing that can burn, cero will burn you too..^__^

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Fire based means entirely different from shooting arrow that might look like fire..

How do you forge a sword? by freezing it alone? No, by melting it with fire thus they need water to cool it down. For all we know this is just his reiatsu overflowing from his Zan..LOL

Kubo draws that kind of swirl all the time.. Can't be a basis for a conclusion about his Zan.. Fire is not the only thing that can burn, cero will burn you too..^__^
    I'm glad you avoided half of things my last post said and brought up things from another thread, nice.

And I didn't say that would be the only thing that would be fire based. Just saying if he can shoot an arrow that will be the nod to his Quincy powers, it would be fire based because his Shinigami powers are fire based.

I'm aware how you forge a sword, but the sword forging process is always the same, the forging causes the heat. In the case of Ichigo's new swords getting forged, the swords themselves gave off heat that didn't come from the forging process, hence why everyone was so surprised.

Show me another swirl like that that isn't supposed to be fire. It's fire, just accept it already. I don't know how much more obvious it can be that it's fire.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well cause i think he is basing this thread from a hypothesis that is based on a hypothesis from a pseudo hypothesis.. what would that be?
    *cues music* Inception!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell if you guys are arguing over whether or not Isshin's zanpakutou is fire-based or if Ichigo's is.

If you're questioning Isshin's, you might as well take a break from reading the manga.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    I can't tell if you guys are arguing over whether or not Isshin's zanpakutou is fire-based or if Ichigo's is.

If you're questioning Isshin's, you might as well take a break from reading the manga.
    Thank you, Isshin's is one hundred percent fire-based. I simply had a theory that Ichigo's could be, not that it 100% was the case that it was going to be.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i read a comment that reiatsu is the basis for all shinigami powers and it just manifest itself in diffent forms.. not the basis of powers of zanpakutout and even if it is that, fire can never be a base of a zanpakutou it may seem that way for some but it's just how the zan manifest the reiatsu like what Haschwald said for Yama's fire.. that can be applied to what Isshin's.. While Ichigo, there's no manifestation of any from of fire at all.. that's why i still dont' want to believe that KUBO KILLED YAMA FOR THIS UBER UNBELIEVABLE THEORY OF ICHIGO"S ZAN IS FIRE........

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i read a comment that reiatsu is the basis for all shinigami powers and it just manifest itself in diffent forms.. not the basis of powers of zanpakutout and even if it is that, fire can never be a base of a zanpakutou it may seem that way for some but it's just how the zan manifest the reiatsu like what Haschwald said for Yama's fire.. that can be applied to what Isshin's.. While Ichigo, there's no manifestation of any from of fire at all.. that's why i still dont' want to believe that KUBO KILLED YAMA FOR THIS UBER UNBELIEVABLE THEORY OF ICHIGO"S ZAN IS FIRE........

Are we sure Hash-brown wasn't tallking specifically about the 15 million degree cloak of fire that was swirling around Yamamoto when he said that?
    By this line of thinking, Ryujin Jakka doesn't actually burn anything and Hyorinmaru doesn't actually freeze anything. Harribel was just stuck in a giant obelisk of solid reiatsu.

who knows, that might actually be the case? then again, this defeats the purpose of even having different, unique zanpakutou

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    Are we sure Hash-brown wasn't tallking specifically about the 15 million degree cloak of fire that was swirling around Yamamoto when he said that?
    By this line of thinking, Ryujin Jakka doesn't actually burn anything and Hyorinmaru doesn't actually freeze anything. Harribel was just stuck in a giant obelisk of solid reiatsu.

who knows, that might actually be the case? then again, this defeats the purpose of even having different, unique zanpakutou
    Reiatsu takes different forms. It may take form of ice or fire. It doesn't mean it doesn't freeze or burn.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yamamotos bankai was boss

i mean it was the most badass bankai i could ever imagine

too bad he had to die

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast